P.O. Box 2360 Honolulu, HI 96804 United States 08/2018 - Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours per week: 50 High School Biology Teacher Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: 9th grade Science Program and Curricula--- I develop, implement, and evaluate the 9th grade science program and curricula. I perform the overall maintenance of honors biology, biology, science fair and physical science education courses and determine the need for and initiate changes/updates in course content. I determine the need for additional subject matter information and I meet with representatives or mentors of outside organizations in order to obtain it, then develop or adapt new or revised training materials for formal course use. I establish programming priorities. I ensures all science curricula meets Next Generation Science standards-NGSS which includes developing material. I compile and summarize student and parent feedback survey results and evaluate programming strengths and weaknesses. I conduct an annual needs assessment survey to determine effectiveness of instruction and student needs. I identify and implement enhanced learning strategies to ensure instruction is effectively achieving positive outcomes. I collect and analyze data from random student samples to determine student progress and plan future activities/interventions. Standard Alignment--- Using Next Generation Science Standards, I aligned student centered activities that are real world and relevant. I plan, deliver instruction, provide opportunities for practice and measure acquisition. I then implement response to intervention (RTI) on all tiers if needed in order to capture students who are struggling. I create learning goals and objectives that align with the standards and assessments. I use a variety of technology and TECHtools to enhance the learning experience. Behavior Management--- I use positive behavior intervention support to be proactive in maintaining classroom norms, positive parent-teacher relationships, positive student-teacher relationships and parent-student relationships. I am aware of the impact of group dynamics, family systems and community organization onto the learning environment.
- High School Biology Teacher at Hawaii State Department of Education
- at Hawaii State Department of Education
- Substitute Teacher at Oak Harbor School District
- Chapel Oak Fire and Rescue Volunteer at Sheriff Rd
5 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Curriculum and Instruction
- - Intermediate Incident Command System
- Doctorate - Education Specialist Curriculum and Instruction
- Master's Degree - Teaching
- Bachelor's Degree - Biology
• Volunteer Position
• Primary instructor for 4 sections of 25 students
• Developed and implemented a curriculum in accordance with school district guidelines.
• Supervised student behavior and intervened as necessary.
- High School Biology Teacher at Rockhurst High School
- Bartender at Blue Sushi Saki Grill
- Banquet Server & Bartender at Meadowbrook Country Club
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology and Physics
- High School Biology Teacher at Baltimore City Public School
- High School Biology Teacher at Saint Paul University Philippines
- College Professor at Far Eastern University
11 years at this Job
- M.A. in Leadership - Leadership
- High School Biology Teacher at Desert Mountain High School
- Middle School Science Teacher at
- Team Lead and Department Head at Desert Foothills Middle School
- H.S. Science Teacher at Arizona Call-A-Teen
4 years at this Job
- Masters of Arts degree - Intervention and Principalship
- Bachelor of Arts degree - Elementary Education
- Associates of Arts Degree
Directly interacted and effectively communicated with many diverse stakeholders daily including 180 students,
parents, administration, fellow-teachers, support staff, the district office and the community
• Researched, designed and revised curriculum, and developed and implemented biology lessons in a variety of different types of platforms including PowerPoint lectures, hands-on activities and labs, and research projects and assignments that were relevant to students' lives and encouraged curiosity
• Made difficult-to-comprehend content and directions easily understandable for a wide range of learners and audiences
• Collaborated with other biology teachers to create and implement informal and formal assessments that were used to determine the effectiveness of lessons in regard to student comprehension of concepts and content
• Managed classroom by engaging students in lessons, delegating tasks, communicating clear expectations, giving positive feedback and encouragement, and being consistent with classroom rules and procedures
• Utilized and managed an online class webpage (Canvas) for weekly agendas, messages, class assignments, quizzes and discussions
• Used Synergy daily to manage students' assignments, grades, attendance, communication, and collect data
• Multi-tasked in a variety of roles including student club sponsor, PLC (professional learning community) participant, school improvement committee member, RTI (response to intervention) collaborator, garden events coordinator and field trip chaperone.
• Planned, coordinated, and facilitated a large-scale student, teacher, and community sustainable garden project
- High School Biology Teacher at Corona Del Sol High School
- Business Owner/ Catering Manager at Candlelight Catering
5 years at this Job
- - management
- - management
- - Management, Nutrition
- B.S. Business Management - psychology
• Facilitated student learning in classes of 30-35 students.
• Adapted teaching methods, instruction and feedback to changing student and classroom needs as student skill level increased and growth occurred.
• Prepared and implemented lesson plans that included instruction, discussion, hands-on lab work and project creation to foster both cognitive and emotional development.
• Encouraged classroom participation by relating material to real life, age appropriate and age relevant topics. Created a classroom environment open to questions, inquiry and exploration by encouraging participation, tolerance and congratulating strong effort.
• Fostered strong verbal and written communication skills through classroom discussions, debates, experiments and projects. Incorporated Bloom's Taxonomy into each lesson plan and daily activity, striving to integrate application, analysis, evaluation and creativity into each lesson to maximize learning.
• Demonstrated strong planning, organizational and leadership skills to students, faculty and parents.
• Demonstrated the ability to work well within groups and teams. Collaborated with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
• Monitored and evaluated student performance and results, providing consistent and ongoing feedback throughout the year.
• Coached the high school swim team, encouraging each member to reach his or her full potential.
- High School Biology Teacher at Charlotte County Public Schools
- Training and Development Manager at GCS Federal Credit Union
- New Financial Advisor Training and Development Specialist at Edward Jones
- Lucent Technologies, Wellness Coordinator at Health Fitness Corporation
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Exercise Science/Kinesiology
High school biology teacher in charge of college preparation life science classes. Required to attend weekly meetings to plan and develp cirriculms. Also responsible for generating lectures and materials for class, teaching material, and grading all work, answering all student questions, and develop course materials with other teachers and administration. Also, included taking into account individualized learning plans and special needs in the classr
- Biology Teacher at Rock Hill School District
- Sophmore Biology Teacher at RSU 57
- Graduate Research Assistant at UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA WILMINGTON
- Graduate Teaching Assistant at UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA WILMINGTON
6 months at this Job
- Master's - Marine Biology
- BS - Biology
- High School Biology Teacher at Wake Ch
- Peer Tutor at Lenoir-Rhyne University
- Genetic Counseling Intern at Palmetto Health-USC Medical Group
- Honors Academy Mentor at Lenoir-Rhyne University
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
I am a full time high school biology teacher for past 10 years in NC with previous experience in NY as a middle school and special education teacher for a total of 20 years experience.
- Full time teacher at Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools
- Full time teacher at High school Biology
- Customer service representative at Chase Manhattan Bank
11 years, 5 months at this Job
- Masters of Education - Biology, Elementary Education & Special Education
• Develop and teach advanced placement biology curriculum
• Serve as lead data analyst for student test score performance; troubleshoot problem areas; conduct training sessions for teachers and administrators to improve student performance
• Design, develop, and deliver online training multi-media resources
• Design curriculum for an after school biology tutoring program
• Research current trends in science to present at monthly biology club meetings
- Biology Teacher at Northampton High School
- Team Beachbody Coach at
- Head Varsity Cheerleading Coach at North Pocono School District
- Biology Teacher at North Pocono High School
6 years at this Job
- Masters of Education and Technology - Education and Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Biology - Biology