• Manage and write High School Chapter 339 Plan.
• Administer and proctor PSAT, SAT, AP, ASVAB and Keystone Exams.
• Oversee 350 students social, emotional, career, and academic development.
• Assist in curriculum planning.
• Schedule all high school students.
• Assist in building the Master Schedule.
• Balance section numbers.
• Participate and aid in the implementation of 504 Plans & IEP Meetings.
• Mercer County Career Center Liaison (connect students with post-secondary training).
• Career planning for all students.
• Prom Coordinator, National Honors Society Advisor, and Project Peers Advisor.
• Member of: Safety Committee, Act 48 Committee, Department Chair Committee, SAP Team, Truancy Elimination Team, Special Education Department.
• Assist Crisis Team with anonymous tip line.
• Help connect students to mental health counseling services.
• Grade and credit checks with all students.
• Coordinate College and Career Fairs, and host the Financial Aid Fair for students and parents.
• Perform suicide assessment and mental health clinician referrals
• Oversee, plan, and execute Awards Night, Baccalaureate and Graduation.
• Provide SSD accommodations to students for SAT, Keystones and PSAT's.
• Create and enforce Truancy Elimination Plans; file necessary documentation with District Magistrate.
• Oversee Cyber School program.
• Work with CYS, MDST, YAP and other local agencies to aid in student success.
- High School Counselor (Tenured) at Grove City Area High School
- Legislative Aid/Research Analyst at State Representative Chris Sainato
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Counseling
• Provide academic, personal, emotional and social support for 350 for a caseload of students with last names of A-Ca.
• Assist high school seniors in the college admissions process.
• Collect, analyze and make informed data driven decisions in order to support student success.
- High School Counselor at Dominion High School
- Senior Student Specialist, Enrollment Services Center (One Stop Shop) at New York Institute of Technology
- Assistant Director of Admissions at New York Institute of Technology
7 months at this Job
- Masters of Science
- Bachelor of Arts in History - History
I served as a counselor supporting the academic programming to all students leading them in the preparation of skills for the world of work. As you know this process can assist student's interest that ultimately influences positive reaction from parents and peers. I view my task as a mover of support action to serve students in the building of a physical and mental portfolio as they plan for the steps they encounter before and after graduating from high school. Many times, my interactions with students develop into areas requiring the introduction of outside resources as part of that support children need. Some of which are listed below but are limited to these findings: a. Design of an academic program supportive of each student's future career goals. b. Assist students through the monitoring phrase of each grading. c. As stated above there are levels of my duty to which can encompasses support or lack of the support they receive from home, other family members, and peers. This part of my job can lead me to work collaboratively with social workers, police and other members of the legal and social systems. In my present position, I have served as the lead counselor as I help to lay out the present and future directions for the counseling department, including the system STEM Programming.
- High School Counselor at Lancaster County High School
- Executive Director at Hillside School
- Education Consultant at Longview and Associates
- Turnaround Specialist at Mosaica Education Inc
1 year at this Job
- PMP course completed - PMP
- Doctoral in Education - Educational Leadership
- Master - Education Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Physical Education-Biology
• Assist all students with the creation of an individualized academic and career plan and manage college applications through Naviance.
• Conduct individual and group counseling for 380+ students on how to overcome social, emotional, and academic concerns.
• Manage monthly school counseling department newsletter.
• Utilize Powerschool to monitor student progress.
• Maintain contact with staff and parents to support students' academic and personal needs.
• Wrote letters of recommendation for college bound seniors.
- High School Counselor at Culpeper County High School
- Clinical Instructor at Sarah A. Reed Children's Center
- Director of Education at Opened Eyes
8 months at this Job
- Master of Arts
- - Early Childhood
Drive high quality counseling services for over 2000+ students via both academic and social guidance counseling for college and career readiness. Develop, implement, and evaluate counseling solutions for at-risk diverse student populations based on individual student needs. Create and coordinate programs for dual college credit, Senior PLC, campus testing, student tutoring/enhancement programs, and course scheduling trackers.
• Provide academic, social and emotional counseling to students at a campus with a population of more than 90% of students considered "at-risk".
• Provide crisis counseling, assess level of risk, mental & emotional state of students in crisis (perform risk assessments as appropriate).
• Problem solve with students and parents while remaining an active listener.
• Plan and coordinate the counseling program based on students needs.
• Conduct parent meetings on various topics impacting at-risk students. Improved campus graduation rate from 82% to 94% with targeted graduation tracker. Increased number of students taking & passing one or more AP exams from 27% to 55% in just 2 years. Expedited continuous instructional improvement schoolwide through well-articulated counselor expectations for meeting and exceeding campus goals Instituted Master Schedule, Rti, Student Schedules, 504, IGC, Senior PLC
- High School Counselor at Dallas Independent School District
- at Dallas Independent School District
- at CREST Awards
- Bilingual Elementary Counselor, Edna Rowe Elementary at Dallas Independent School District
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Counseling
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance
Academic and emotional counseling for students. Parent and teacher meetings. (Took this position after school started because former counselor moved to antoerh job.) I am currently on a one year contract that ends at the conclusion of this school year June 20196.
- High School Counselor at Broken Arrow High School
- Chiropractic Assistant/Receptionist at Hackney Chiropractic
- Middle School Counselor at Oliver Middle School/Broken Arrow Public Schools
- Elementary School Counselor at Arrow Springs Elementary School
6 months at this Job
- Masters - School Counseling
- Masters - Reading Specialist
- Bachelor of Arts - Education
High school counselor- worked as a Crisis counselor, academic counselor, referral counselor and at-risk student counselor for Alternative school. I also did sessions at the juvenile detention center. I did seminars for teachers, college students in the education field at colleges, universities, Region Service Centers, churches and civic organizations..
- High school counselor at Braumont ISD
at this Job
Elite Camp Counselor. Was invited to participate in a elite camp, with other college counselors who played at their respected schools. We were able to coach and train high school kids down to 8th grade the skills, and work ethic of basketball to make it to the college level.
- Nike High School Counselor at Nike All-American Skills Academy
- Intern at Motiv Fx
- Lifetime Athletics at
- Intern at Broadway Technology
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Marketing & Advertising
- Associate - Business
- High school or equivalent - Post Grad
- High School Diploma
In the role of school counselor I provide:
• Academic planning for individual students
• Master Schedule development for a school of 1600
• Intervention in every day crises
• Referral to outside agencies for greater student support
- High School Counselor at HIGHLINE SCHOOL DISTRICT #401
- Development Director at Committee to Aid Abused Women
- Financial and Development Director at Safe Embrace
- Executive Director at Live Violence Free
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master's of Education - Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts - History
• Set up student schedules, monitor student progress, prepare and lead m 504, IST and Teacher/Parent meetings. Part of Tier II team, PBIS implementation team.
• Meet needs of at risk student: 1:1 counseling, positive behavior support SKILLS plans. Participate in Targeted Case Management (TCM) that ensures low performing students graduate and go to college.
• Instructional Leader
• Monitor and advise students and their parents as to progress toward graduation.
• Time Management
• Prepare students for the transition to the next level of high school and
• Management of post high school. Personnel Resources
- High School Counselor at Bear Creek High School
- High School Guidance Counselor/ ESL Instructor at Clayton Valley Charter High School
- Student Support Counselor/Principal Designee at Empire Gardens Elementary School in SJUSD
- Out Reach Consultant/ High School Counselor at San Jose Unified School District
9 months at this Job