As a high school English teacher, I have developed skills in technology usages. Such as: Google Drive, Google Gmail, google Classroom, Smart Boards, Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Being a classroom teacher, I also am comfortable with speaking in front of a group and have time management skills.
- High School English Teacher at Hermitage R-IV School District
- 9-12 Language Arts at Winston R-IV
- Temporary Receptionist at Bolivar OB/GYN
- Clerical Assistant at Action TV and Appliance Rental/Furniture Wholesale to the Public
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - B.Sc. In English Education
English 11 teacher with the objective to prepare students for the Common Core English Regents. Results have been stellar. Developed and currently teaching a high school Criminal Justice elective for students interested in pursuing jobs in the CJ field. Developed and taught a Senior Seminar class aimed at assisting students in preparing for college.
- High School English Teacher at AuSable Valley High School
- Middle School English Teacher and Special Education Teacher at D'Zantikihini Middle School
20 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
- Master of Science - Education
- Bachelor of Arts
- Associate in Arts
High school English teacher ranging from all different grade levels including 9th-12th grade.
- High School English Teacher at Hillsborough County Public Schools
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- BS English Education
I teach high school students from 9th to 12th grade with differing degrees in English - Pre-Emergent, Emergent, Basic, and Intermediate writing and reading classes. I also use Read 180 and System 44 software in my reading classes.
- High School English Teacher at Tempe Union High School District
- Teaching Faculty at Mesa Community College
- High School English Teacher at Cesar Chavez High School
- Teaching Faculty at Maricopa County Community College District
4 years at this Job
- MA - TESOL
- MA - Applied Linguistics
- BA - Teaching English as a Foreign Language
-Developed unique and engaging lesson plans in accordance with district and state curriculum guidelines wherein I helped to improve students’ test scores from 29% at or above grade-level to 36%. -Customized my teaching strategies and utilized my Spanish language skills to assist a level-one proficiency ESL student with speaking and comprehension while preparing literacy lessons in both English and Spanish -Applied and received acceptance into a collaborative University of Wisconsin-Madison program for High School students -Modified lessons and provided assistance for students who receive special accommodations through 504 plans, IEPs & the colleague teams that associate with them -Facilitated English Intervention coursework through the implementation of Direct Instruction Programming and tiered comprehension learning groups -Made it a priority to build strong relationships and connections to students, staff, and community by volunteering for school committees and several seasons of full-time athletic coaching positions
- High School English Teacher at Clinton High School
- Server/Bartender at Olive Garden
- Language Counselor at Olive Garden
- Substitute Teacher at Madison Metropolitan School District
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Masters of Education - Teaching Certification
- Bachelor of Arts - English
- - Business
I taught high school English and speech to 60 9-12th grade students. I was a member of the school leadership team for two years and was generally looked at as a leader and forward thinker.
- High School English Teacher at Oelrichs High School
- 7th Grade Teacher at Loneman Elementary School
- Title/After School Teacher at Hay Springs Elementary School
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Elementary and Middle Grades Education
- High school
Teach high school English 3 and Business English. Interact and communicate well with students and staff. Complete lesson plans
- High school English teacher at Livonia high school
- LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)-PRN at St. James Place
- LPN-Clinical coordinator at Medistar Home Health
- LPN PRN at Audubon hospice
5 months at this Job
- License - Practical Nurse
- Master's - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Rehabilitation Services
Responsibilities Create quizzes and exams, teach, grade assignments, lecture, document grades and attendance, keep in contact with parents via e-mail - some on a weekly basis, counsel, research for lesson plans, create lesson plans, etc. Accomplishments I am been extremely involved in Pope John Paul II High School - I facilitated the school yearbook for three years, Proctored Public Speaking/Debate for two years, Editor for the school's Prism Magazine, lunch moderator, and I tutor three times a week for previous students. Skills Used Typing/research/writing/grading/planning/documenting, different website programs, leadership to beginning teachers, compile statistics for various reports, wrote captions and stories for the yearbook, monitored public debate and videotaped, utilized Quirk Program for the Prism Magazine, etc.
- High School English Teacher at Pope John Paul II High School
16 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.A. in English and Communications, M.A. in Teaching and Minor in American Indian Studies - English, Communications, behaviorial science when I taught for the sociology department
Colorado Springs, CO June 2014-current
• Collaborated with professors from Yale University for a year to develop and integrate the RULER program into our school to bring an awareness and focus on the importance of socio-emotional intelligence in the learning environment.
• Transitioned students from a hard copy textbook to an online textbook in order to enhance organizational skills and 21st century skills between all curriculums.
• Worked collaboratively with curriculum teachers outside of the English department to create cross-curricular lesson plans in order for student learning to be long-lasting and meaningful to their real-world experiences.
• Attended parent conferences, faculty and team meetings, IEP meetings, and district-wide professional development days. Actively participated in assessing student progress, assigning and keeping parents/guardians informed through e-mail and phone calls, and daily behavior charts.
- High School English Teacher at Liberty High School, District 20 Public Schools
- Student Teacher at Sabin Middle School, District 11 Public Schools
- at Coronado High School, District 11 Public Schools
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Language Arts and Science - English
* Teach high school English core and elective courses: American Literature, British Literature, Journalism and Creative Writing. Student caseload 100-120. * Curriculum modification and development of supplementary materials. * Teach lessons in daily, live cyber sessions and provide one-on-one and group tutoring sessions. * Analyze course data (benchmark, diagnostic, summative, and formative tests, attendance rates, course activity rates) to develop instructional practices.
- High School English Teacher at Agora Cyber Charter School
- Adjunct English and Composition Instructor at Cecil County College
- Substitute Teacher at STS, Inc
- Wellness Director at YMCA of the Brandywine Valley
7 years at this Job
- M.Ed. - Elementary Education
- B.A. - Speech Communications
- United States Army Reserve Officer Commission - Military Officer