Certified high school English teacher. Responsible for developing and implementing best practices in teaching methods to students at the high school level. Responsible for modifying and accommodating students in 504 and IEP programs.
- High School English Teacher at Killeen Independent School District
- Substitute Teacher at Killeen Independent School District
- Warehouse Worker at Manpower
- Child Protective Services Investigator I at Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
7 months at this Job
- BA - Interdisciplinary Studies
High School English teacher/Student Council Advisor/Varsity Volleyball/Soccer Coach Develop lesson plans and prepare class activities, observe and evaluate student's performance and development, assign, grade, and edit class work, homework, tests and assignments, provide appropriate feedback on work, monitor the progress of students, supervise Student Council program.
- High School English Teacher at The Winston School
- High school English Teacher at Smithson Valley High School
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Arts in English - English
Southbury CT August 2010- Current
One of the largest regional school districts in the state, Pomperaug Regional School District is responsible for educating
more than 4,100 students from Middlebury and Southbury through a collaborative community committed to excellence. High School English Teacher
Integrated theoretical concepts into practical ideas and applied them to real world learning situations through a variety of communication skills, presentation techniques and teaching strategies for a cohort of 100 High
School students each year. Supported the development of curricular documents, training materials and school
initiatives in order to communicate information effectively to a diverse learning population. Selected Accomplishments:
● Successfully created daily lesson plans that engaged all students in a multi-media approach. Google +, Facebook, Twitter), preparing them for state wide assessments.
● Acting secretary for the Pomperaug Education Association. Provided administrative and strategic support for the President of the PEA and all union members.
● 2015 Class Advisor- manage a dozen professional educators and students to create and deliver multiple large scale events and fundraisers including managing multiple budgets, action plans, advertising campaigns, and media relations (i.e. 5K Road Race, Social Events for 600+ guests)
● Edited, revised and coached student's work as well as curriculum documents and training materials daily.
● Actively consulted and collaborated with multiple Assistant Superintendent of Schools on redesigning the curriculum writing model. This allowed for a more easily understood and effective roadmap that aligned with and supported both the state and nationwide standards and expectations.
- High School English Teacher at Region 15 School District
- High School English and ESL Teacher at New Milford School District
- 8th Grade English Teacher at Rochambeau Middle School
- Resident Director at Saint Michael's College
8 years, 7 months at this Job
- MA - Teaching English as a Second Language
- BA in English Literature - English Literature
I am currently a High School English Language Arts Teacher and have been in this position for the past twenty years. I am also a member of the Pacific Coast Chapter of the National Charity League (NCL), in which I have organized and chaired numerous philanthropy events. I thoroughly enjoy planning events for any occasion and look forward to participating in many more.
- High School English Teacher at Anaheim Union High School District
- Post Production Coordinator for the Full House TV show at Warner Bros Entertainment Group
20 years, 1 month at this Job
- BA Speech Communications and Single Subject Teaching Credential in English Language Arts - Communications - Broadcast Journalism
Teach sophomore English to high school students in accordance with Arizona State Curriculum Standards
- High School English Teacher at TOLLESON UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
- Enrollment Advisor-ASU at Pearson
- Teacher (Varied assignments) at
- Administrator/Consultant/Trainer at Wells Fargo Bank N.A
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Management
- Master's - Education
• homeroom teacher of grade 11 and English teacher for grades 10 to 12 (classes are on by students' level)
• organized after-school classes (by students' level and learning purposes) - summer special class for English speaking using the movie 'Zootopia' (for students in all levels) - summer debate class named 'Communicate with the World' (for students in high level)
- High School English Teacher at Gyeseong High School
- English Camp Teacher in Newzealand at Murrays Bay Intermediate School
- High School English Teacher at Dongguk Girl's High School
- Middle School English Teacher at Ganjaewul Middle School
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- MA in English Education - English
- BA in English Literature and Language - English Literature and Language
As a high school English teacher, responsible for creating lesson plans, assessments, and engaging lectures for eleventh and twelfth grade students following both Louisiana State and Common Core Standards. Works at collecting data on student performance and arranging lessons to enhance progression and reduce regression including the use of small groups, whole class discussions, and individual tutoring. Works as a debate teacher, assisting students in the art of public speaking, researching, and presenting well written arguments based on factual evidence dealing with real-world, current events.
- High School English Teacher at Crescent City Christian School
- Line Technician at Art in Me- A Center for Behavior
- Special Education Coordinator Intern at Lake Forest Charter School
- Special Education Teacher at Lake Forest Charter
2 months at this Job
- MDiv - Marriage and Family Counseling
- BS Psychology
I am currently the high school librarian but I only work part time. I retired in May of 2017 from teaching after 30 years. I have been working part time since, but I am looking for a part time job I can do from home. I am very computer literate, and have a great grasp on the spoken and written English language. Being very driven, detail oriented, and a good self-motivator, I feel I would be a great asset to a business that is looking for someone to help with daily tasks.
- High School English Teacher at CLIFTON HIGH SCHOOL
- High School Librarian at
4 years, 7 months at this Job
* Teach English, utilizing the course of study adopted by the Board of Education, correlated with other appropriate learning activities. * Develop lesson plans, adapt curriculum to meet individual student needs, and utilize effective teaching techniques in translating lesson plans into productive student learning experiences which best utilize the time available for instruction. * Utilize computers and other technological classroom support equipment in student instruction. * Implement reading and writing techniques to cultivate high sense of literacy, while continually evaluating students' ability in these disciplines. * Maintain classroom organization and discipline. * Develop formal writing assignments for students, whether technical or creative; proofreading, editing, revising, and providing detailed feedback to student work. * Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere. * Provide and maintain a safe and supervised environment in the classroom and on the school grounds. * Devise and utilize techniques which accurately measure student progress. * Evaluate student's academic and personal growth keeping appropriate records, and prepare progress reports. * Communicate with parents through conferences and other means discussing academic and personal progress; interpret school programs. * Communicate and cooperate with other professional staff in academic and personal growth areas. * Demonstrate professional ethics as outlined by the Utah Professional Practices Advisory Commission. * Conform to District policies, including attendance, absences and evaluations. * Attendance must be adequate to acceptably perform listed job functions.
- High School English Teacher at Lee's Summit North High School
- English Classroom Teaching Assistant at Lee's Summit North High School
1 year, 7 months at this Job
Experienced teaching English III and English I
● Meets HLC guidelines to teach dual-credit in all accredited Missouri high schools
● Current committee member of NHS Selection Committee
● Member of NEA (National Educators Association)
● Gateway Writing Project participant; volunteered for individual coaching through the Gateway Writing Project
- High School English Teacher at OAKVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
- High School English Teacher at ROLLA HIGH SCHOOL
- Member of MSTA at Missouri State Teachers Association
- High School English Student Teacher at PARKWAY NORTH HIGH SCHOOL
7 months at this Job
- Master of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts - English