• Parkland High School is a component of the highly-rated Parkland School District in mid-eastern Pennsylvania.
• Prepared, revised curriculums for, and taught: All levels of American Studies I & II; World Studies; American Government; Sociology.
- HIGH SCHOOL SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER at Parkland High School
- ADJUNCT HISTORY PROFESSOR at NORTHAMPTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- HIGH SCHOOL SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER at WILSON AREA HIGH SCHOOL
15 years, 5 months at this Job
- PRINCIPAL CERTIFICATE
- MASTER OF ARTS - History
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Secondary Education
Taught students 9th and 12th grade World and American History-both Honors and traditional course pathways-working in the top-rated high school in the Charlotte area; joined this student-centered community that offers a challenging curriculum which produces independent and creative thinkers. * Training Facilitation: Planned and led targeted professional development instruction for groups of 20 peers, introducing performance analytics tools, upcoming events, and other student-centered programming. * Lesson Planning: Developed comprehensive and academically sound lessons aligned with curriculum and learning objectives, meeting students' remediation needs as well as capitalizing on enrichment opportunities. * Culture Shaping: Manage relationships with a group of 28 advisory students-working with the same group from freshman to senior years-ensuring the achievement of academic goals and character development. * Program Administration: Host a 60-member photography club in addition to “Knight Time,” an in-school academic support organization akin to personalized tutoring, planning activities to foster student growth. * Communications: Foster relationships with internal and external stakeholders critical to supporting students' academic, social, and emotional growth; implemented feedback sessions to facilitate the process. * Student Engagement: Build genuine connections with students from diverse cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds, securing their interest, commitment, and follow-through on academic goals and expectations.
- High School Social Studies Teacher at Ardrey Kell High School
- High School Social Studies Teacher at Lee County Schools
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts
Taught all social studies course 9-12
- High School Social Studies Teacher at Anson County School District
- Associate Pastor at Ebenezer Baptist Church
- Bus Operator// Subway Station Manager at Washington Transit Authority
- Recording Artist at Performer
7 years at this Job
- BA,MS,+58cr/hrs on Ph.D - humanities...political science,liberal arts, labor studies, middle school social studies certification
Responsibilities - Sponsored the Bryan High Chapter of National Honor Society; liaising with local community organizers, managing club finances, overseeing club events - Instructed Advanced Placements and International Baccalaureate Economics - Created weekly lesson plans, accounting for various learning modalities. - Conducted engaging, inclusive, student-centered lessons. - Worked with teammates to align lesson content, and formative and summative assessments to state standards. - Enforced school and district rules and policies. - Worked alongside development specialists to help special-needs students participate in every class. - Tracked student data and used it to determine what content and skills needed reinforcement. - Implemented technology in classroom such as quizzes on Socrative, brainstorming on Padlet, and paperless lessons using district's learning management platform. - Held weekly conferences with students needing encouragement and/or praise - Participated in and led professional learning and development.
- High School Social Studies Teacher at Bryan Independent School District
- High School Social Studies Teacher at Houston Independent School District (HISD)
- International Foundation Programme Coordinator at Global Institute of Software Technology (GIST)
- Teacher of English as a Foreign Language at Global Institute of Software Technology
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Probationary Teaching Certificate - Education
- - Chinese Language
- Certificate - Needs of Chinese Language Learners
- Certificate - Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Bachelor of Science - Economics; minor in History
• Design inquiry based units aligned with Common Core shifts as well as Arizona State Standards by applying various current events, statistical data and primary source documents to each lesson.
• Counseled students with academic and personal problems and participated in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
• Created multimedia presentations to teach content to students in an engaging manner, analyzed and evaluated test data to inform future lessons.
• Monitored and evaluate class performance regularly
- High School Social Studies Teacher at Pinnacle Charter High School
- Youth Mentor at Reach Family Services INC.
- Translation Specialist (Spanish) at Arizona State University
- Library Aide at Arizona State University
1 month at this Job
- BA - US History
- Diploma - Basic Military Leadership
Teach over 100 students in AP World History. Taught AP European History in 2016, nearly doubling the scores from the previous year. Coach football, including roles of Offensive Line Coach, Defensive Coordinator, and Associate Head Coach. Have coordinated and revamped the workout regime for our football program. Coordinated the efforts to renovate our weight room for the betterment of Floyd Central.
- High School Social Studies Teacher at Floyd Central High School
- Elementary Physical Education Teacher at Crawford County Community Schools
- High School Social Studies Teacher at Rocky Mount High School
- Assistant Baseball Coach at
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master's Educational Leadership - Education
- B.S. in Adolescent Young Adult Education - Adolescent Young Adult Education
- College Prep
AP US History, AP Capstone, AP Human Geography, Economics
- High School Social Studies Teacher at Indian River Charter High School
- Social Studies Teacher Middle School 8th at Imagine Schools South Vero Charter School K-8
- 3rd Grade Elementary School Teacher at Imagine Schools
- Surveyor at Bouygues Civil Works
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Masters of Education Curriculum - Education Curriculum
- Bachelor of Arts - Social Sciences
Administrative duties, classroom management, curriculum design, Microsoft office, time management.
- High School Social Studies Teacher at OAKLEAF HIGH SCHOOL
- High School Social Studies Teacher at Global Learning Charter Public School
- Waitress/Hostess at The Lobster Boat
- Cashier/Sales Associate at CVS
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master's in the Art of Teaching
- Bachelor's in History with a Concentration in Secondary Education
Teaching Government to seniors at the high school level. Coaching defensive backs at all levels throughout the high school program. Sophomore team Defensive Coordinator. Assist with all aspects of special teams. Long and Triple Jump coach for both boys and girls track teams.
- High School Social Studies Teacher/Asst. Football and Track Coach at Cypress Ranch High School
- High School Social Studies Teacher/Co-Defensive Coordinator and Defensive Backs/Asst Track Coach at Pine Tree High School
- Assistant Head Coach/Recruiting Coordinator/Defensive Backs Coach at Redlands High School
- Defensive Coordinator at Grand Terrace High School
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- MBA - Sales Leadership
- Bachelor's Degree - History
Rochester, N Y Presented all class material and policies accurately and clearly for 5 classes each semester. Encouraged discussion of class material to promote critical thinking. Established positive relationships with students, parents, colleagues and administrators. Incorporated engaging texts to enhance literacy skills and foster a fun and engaging learning environment. Assessed student progress weekly, monthly and quarterly. Established and enforced rules for behavior among students. Integrated technology into the curriculum to develop students' word processing and research skills. Worked cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula for special education students according to Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
- High School Social Studies Teacher at Brighton Central School District
- at Ithaca College Wrestling Hall of Fame
- Recognized by administrators as teacher at NCAA All-American
13 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Education
- Bachelor of Arts - Social Studies