Taught and/or taught: levels 1, 2, 3, 4 and Advanced Placement: Language and Culture.
• Implemented TPRS (Teaching Proficiency through Reading Stories) communicative methodology in levels 1 and 2 for new vocabulary and grammar in context.
• Utilized Scholastic News Magazine, Newsela's online newspaper, various textbooks and materials pre-made and made by me to teach grammar, vocabulary and cultural knowledge in a purposeful setting.
• Used the Vista Higher Learning series for AP Language and Culture course. We practice for the exam's components using a simulated test format. I am the first to implement and teach AP Spanish in our high school. 100% of my students passed the exam all three years that I am teaching it.
- High School Spanish Teacher at Saddle Brook High School
- Middle School Spanish Teacher at Old Bethpage School Districts, Long Island
- ESL and Bilingual Teacher at New York City Board of Education, Public School
17 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Bilingual Education
- Bachelor of Arts - English and Spanish
• Teach Level 1 and Level 2 high school Spanish language classes to native and non-native Spanish speakers.
• Incorporate current events, art and culturally relevant materials into classroom curriculum.
• Collaborate with colleagues to engage students to further participate within the school community.
- High School Spanish Teacher at John Henry High School
- Immigration Law Associate at The Law Offices of Jason Giannetti, Esq
- Spanish Teacher at Needham Public Schools, World Language Department
- Spanish Teacher at Brockton Public Schools, World Language Department
5 months at this Job
- - Brazilian culture and Portuguese
- Bachelor of Science in Managerial Resource Economics - Spanish
Teach High School Spanish II & III to heritage speakers.
- High School Spanish Teacher at Uplift Mighty High School
- Spanish Teacher at Crossroads High School-Burleson Independent School District
- Spanish and Physical Education Teacher at Pantego Christian Academy
- Spanish Teacher at St. John Lutheran Preschool & Kindergarten
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - International Studies and Spanish
• Instructed both Heritage and Non-Heritage Spanish speakers in the 9th - 12th grades in Spanish 2 and Spanish 3 using a variety of instructional strategies
• Implemented a variety of teaching methods based on comprehensible input by using TPR stories, extended readings and books to teach vocabulary and grammar through context in the target language.
• Used popular songs in the class to reinforce vocabulary and grammar.
• Used daily activities where students communicated using complete sentences both written and verbally in the Target Language.
• Created assessments evaluated students ability to produce language in complete sentences to communicate 100% in the Target Language.
• Prepare modified instructional materials for students with 504 or IEP plans and
• Implemented an effective behavior management program though developing positive rapport and relationships between teacher and student and student to student.
• Integrated technology into the curriculum to enhance the student learning experience through various programs and educational applications
• Provided real-life opportunities for students to apply the Spanish language to create life-long learning
• Worked cooperatively with LOTE PLC for Spanish to create effective lessons that engaged all students in daily learning and assessments that evaluated student growth
• Utilized Edmodo.com and Remind.com as effective methods to inform students and parents of concepts being taught in class
• Implemented a student-centered learning environment where learning occurs within cooperative and collaborative group work.
- High School Spanish Teacher at LITTLE ELM HIGH SCHOOL
- High School Spanish Teacher at PINNACLE HIGH SCHOOL
- High School Spanish Teacher at HERITAGE HIGH School
- Middle School Spanish Teacher at BLALACK MIDDLE SCHOOL
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Certificate of Human Resources Management - Human Resources Management
- Certificate - Secondary Education Secondary Spanish
- - Intensive Spanish Study
- - Intensive Spanish Immersion Program
- Bachelor of Science - Community Health Education
Create a positive and rigorous learning environment
● Adapt teaching methods and materials to meet diverse student needs
● Establish clear lesson size learning targets
● Initiate personal connections with all students
● Make language learning relevant through curriculum and technology
● Collaborate with fellow teachers in PLC groups High School Success Skills Teacher
● Develop and implement new curriculum for inaugural year of course
● Create lessons that focus on the specific needs of freshmen students
● Establish norms for the success skills course and teach to coworkers
● Implement relevant technology to enhance student learning
● Collaborate with administrators in planning and execution of the course
- High School Spanish Teacher at Big Lake School District
- High School Spanish Teacher at Princeton School District
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Differentiated Instruction Education
- - Teaching Licensure
- Bachelor of Arts - Spanish
I teach Spanish grammar, pronunciation, spelling, vocabulary, composition, and dialogue. I also expose students to Spanish literature and Latin American history and culture. Part of my duties include creating lesson plans and classroom activities, assessing student progress, and meeting with parents about students' progress.
- High School Spanish Teacher at George Mason High School
- Spanish Teacher at ACS Calvert
- tutor at Online Spanish
- Spanish teacher at Universidad del Valle
7 months at this Job
- M.A. - Spanish Literature
- - Additional Continuing Professional Education
- - Advanced Educational Psychology
Teach Spanish II CP and III Honors at Fort Mill High School. Assist to further establish the new curricula by creating and modifying content, pacing, and assessments for each level.
- High School Spanish Teacher at Fort Mill School District
- Adjunct Spanish Instructor at York Technical College
- Adjunct Spanish Instructor at Winthrop University
- High School Spanish Teacher at Rock Hill School District Three
7 months at this Job
- Master of Arts in Spanish - teaching
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish - Spanish
I teach High School Spanish levels one through four. I make lesson plans and design the days activities for high school students in order for them to learn the language. I have o communicate with the students on their progress as well as their parents. I assess the student's work, tailor lessons to student's needs, and keep the learning environment fun and helpful to the students I teach.
- High School Spanish Teacher at Amanda Clearcreek Local Schools
- Sales Associate at Macy's
- Sales Rep at Vector Marketing
- at Fairfield Christian Church
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Art - Drawing
- - Spanish language
• Adapt lessons for students of various learning levels and learning styles to ensure all students have the same access to an education
• Chart and report on each student's ability to understand the material being taught and make recommendations for students who are not progressing according to state standards
• Setting and enforcing rules in the classroom, disciplining students who break those rules based on the school standards and disciplinary regulations
- High School Spanish Teacher at The Villages Charter High School
- Graduate Teaching Assistant at The University of Arizona
- representative at Spanish Club
- representative at Symposium Committee
8 months at this Job
- Masters of Spanish Literature - Spanish Literature
Conduct small group and classroom activities with students, focusing on using Spanish in real world settings. Provide differentiated instruction to ensure positive learning opportunities and outcomes for all students. Instruct various levels of Spanish, ranging from Spanish 1 to Spanish 4, including experience teaching heritage learners. Participate in biweekly PLC meetings to create uniformed goals as a foreign language department. Collaborate with fellow teachers in order to design curriculum and coordinate learning activities. Cosponsored school's chapter of Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica..
- High School Spanish Teacher at ASU Preparatory Academy
- Spanish Instructor at The Spanish Learning Center
- Special Education Instructional Assistant at ASU Preparatory Academy
- Bilingual Prevention Specialist at Jewish Family and Children Services
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Spanish
- Masters of Arts in Education - Education