7000 east avenue Livermore, CA 94551 United States 11/2014 - Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours per week: 40 High Voltage Electrician Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: At Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory my job duties include preform maintenance and repair on underground high voltage switches, transformers, power circuit breakers (vacuum, air and sf6) sectionalizing switches, duct bank, manholes, high voltage cable and other electrical related equipment used in the distribution of electricity at the 5kv, 15kv, 35kv and 115kv voltage levels. I would perform troubleshooting, metering and control circuits on medium and high voltage circuit breakers, switchgear and transformers. Setting up cable machines for pulling wire is a essential duty along with High voltage splicing and terminations- elbows, T-Body terminations, cold and heat shrink terminations and inline splicing on 5kv, 15kv and 34.5kv. I would Hipot or VLF our cables after all terminations or splicing. I am very familiar with the use of high voltage electrical equipment such as hotsticks, shotguns and phasing sticks for any electrical situation. Grounding is very important at the laboratory and would be used in a daily application with switching, testing, de-energizing equipment and overhead distribution lines. Maintenance, repair and new instillation of 12kv overhead power lines is a daily operation along with, new overhead switches, new configuration of conductors, riser poles and pole mounted transformers. Climbing poles with hooks is also a daily operation along with setting new utility poles and removing Supervisor: BRUCE COURT (925-423-5380) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
- High Voltage Electrician at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory-Department of Energy
- Electrician/cable splicer at International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- electrician / cable splicer at Harris Electric
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school
Qualified Electrical Worker- High Voltage Substation Electrician, Test Technician, Substation Operator, Senior Supervisor experience of 30 years
- High Voltage Electrician at Edison
29 years, 3 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
- Itt electronics trade school - Electronics
In house electrician to cover all city center buildings.
- High Voltage Electrician at ARIA RESORT & CASINO
9 years, 3 months at this Job
• Performed high voltage electrical work including, wiring, breaker wiring, AC/DC motors operator wiring, panels wiring, switch install, wire repairs, wire testing and relays.
• Performed ground wiring installation and electrical design.
• Aided in running wire from transformers to commercial and residential establishments.
• Tested electrical work by focusing on voltage systems above 480v 3 phase and 240-120v single phase volts and equipment, and by the scope of work and level of skill required.
• Directed the work of less skilled helpers on projects, and helped train apprentices
• Worked independently or in conjunction with other crafts.
• Inspected overhead and underground distribution systems,
• Tested all electrical work and presented document findings.
- High Voltage Electrician at Powerserve Technologies
- Electrician/ Drafter at Florida Power & Light's/QC Data
- at Boston Proper
- Business Development Manager at Ikon
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- - Drafting & Design
Maintain and repair any electrician issues at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.
All electric issues low, standard 120v and high voltage 24900 volts.
Keep the back up high voltage generators up and ready to switch over Incase of local power outage in under one minute.
Responsible for high voltage generator systems.
• Install, test and repair high voltage generators, transformers, converters, shunt reactors, regulators, switches circuit breakers, control systems, lightning arrestors, junction boxes, surge protection devices, fuses and switching gear associated with primary and secondary power distribution.
• Installs, modifies, maintains and repairs new and existing electrical lines, circuits, controls, fixtures and equipment for residential, office, shop, HVAC and water/waste water treatment systems.
- High Voltage Electrician at National Park Service
- Electrician Journeyman at Department of the Army (TACOM) ~ Hill Air Force Base,
- Mechanical Production Manager at Shop Road
- Locomotive Electrician/ Supervisor/ Forman/ General Forman 1 at UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD COMPANY
8 months at this Job
- Journeyman - Electrician and Machinist
at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• Monitoring and maintaining 69kv substation yard
• Monitoring and maintaining 13.2kv Main Switchgear
• Writing PM procedures for VFD's, UPS, 13.2kv- 480v switchgear, bus and breakers in accordance with manufacturers recommendation, and national and local NEC requirements and codes
• Performing PM's, recording PM data and establishing data logs
• Writing safety procedures and proper sequence of operation for energizing and de-energizing 69kv air switches and 13.2kv switchgear breakers and transformers
• Performing switching of 69kv air switches and 13.2 kv switch gear breakers
• Overseeing the coordination and progress of projects performed by contractors and other company employees with little to no direction or oversight
• Responsible for monitoring progression of projects, documenting progress and outcome of project
• Troubleshooting control issues through schematics and sequence of operation
• Assisting company engineers in documentation of current infrastructure for data logs and planning of future projects for building infrastructure
• Assisting company engineers in project layout, logistics, scope of work, and contractor installment
• Interacting with management, customer point of contact, and coordination of company employees for projects
• Provides insight into repair projects, and future projects
- High Voltage Electrician at VFD's, UPS, 13.2kv
- Facilities and Maintenance Technician IV at BGE Utilities
- Building Engineer III at COPT Property Management
- Journeyman Electrician at Mid-Atlantic Electrical Contracting
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- - general studies
- High school diploma
From Substation to customer. Maintains, constructs, services, replaces, and troubleshoots overhead and underground distribution systems to include: substation components, new construction, maintenance, troubleshooting, service restoration, street lighting and switching. Develops design and field layout of electrical distribution in accordance with National Electric Safety Code and sound engineering practices. Assists Foreman with long range electrical plan and future construction working plan. Maintains schedule of future projects and ensures all are completed within specified deadline. Reviews engineering plans and information determining potential conflicts. Supervises others in the installation, maintenance, repair, and inspection of exterior, interior, and airfield electrical systems.
- High Voltage Electrician at United States Air Force
- Electrical Systems Craftsman at Electrical Systems Craftsman
- Section Chief at Electrical Systems
- Electrical Training Instructor at United States Air Force
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Lineworker Certification - Electrical systems
- Associate's - Electrical and Mechanical Technology
- High Voltage Electrician at MasTec Utility Services
- Journeyman Electrician at Hunt electric Inc.
11 months at this Job
- Apprentice Electrician - 4
Installation and repair of street and parking lot lighting; maintain high voltage overhead and underground grid inside Fort Hood; troubleshoot and restore power during outages; periodic system upgrades. Served as a generator technician and maintainer for the post. Ensured that weekly scheduled inspections were conducted, resulting in the completion of mandated safety and usage requirements per the Department of Defense. All petroleum, mechanical and electrical systems on each machine were inspected and maintained in compliance with both International Electrical Code and the National Electric Code.
- High Voltage Electrician at TSI Corporation
- Equipment Operator at Greg Graves Inc.
- Facilities, Grounds and Maintenance Technician at Midway Independent School District
- High Voltage Maintenance Supervisor/Trainer at Texas Department of Criminal Justice
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- - High Voltage