Hands on Professional with 25 years experience in the areas of military and range operation safety. Expertise in Occupational Safety and Health Specialization with and emphasis on Fire Safety and Emergency Management. Specialized in Safety prevention programs and training. In addition experience in grounds and custodial maintenance and management. REVELENT WORK HISTORY Sag Harbor Village Highway Department Highway Engineer June 2014 - August 2017 Works in all areas of highway maintenance including grounds keeping, waste removal, snow removal, repairs and custodial. Works daily in a team environment with occasional responsibilities to manage jobs task and Teams. Also works independently with minimal supervision.
- Highway Engineer at Sag Harbor Village Highway Department
- Unit Safety Representative at DoD Safety and Health Standards
- Tactical Safety Specialist GS at Department of Defense (DoD)
- Battery Gunnery Sergeant at The Basic School
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school
Creates and tests simulations of nano-antennae in order to optimize the efficiency of the antennae. Works with Lumerical Fdtd Solutions 5-10 hours a week to run hundreds of different simulations which are later presented to a large group. Highway Engineer, Stearns County Highway department Assisted the survey team with day to day operations, frequently working and gaining experience with basic civil engineering tools and practices. Learned how to effectively operate and function in and around construction sites. Store Keeper, Two Rivers Campground Efficiently dealt with everyday operations including running a register, checking campers in and out, cleaning and maintenance. Learned effective communication skills and how to quickly solve random problems that occur.
- Highway Engineer, Stearns County Highway department at Optical Nano-Antenna Research, North Dakota State University
3 months at this Job
- - Electrical Engineering
Work Description:- Supervision of all Activities, Checking of R, F.I, & Guidance to contractor, Reconcilling of quantities for all the activities and calculate balance required quantities of aggregate & other tems to complete the project. Planning of execution to achieve targeted progress withintime & quality. Timely requisitioning of resources. Proper deployment of Earthmoving equipment as well as other veicles to get designates output. Handling of Subcontractor works and invoice, Reconcilling of quantities for all the activities and calculate balance required quantities of aggregate & other items to complete the project
- Highway engineer at Dilip buildcon. Ltd
- Highway engineer at Dilip buildcon. Ltd
- Engineer at AECOMM Consultancy
- Consultant at S.A Infra Pvt. Ltd
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- - civil engineering
● Prepared elements of highway and roadway design plans using (state, county, or city) standards
● Helped prepare Right of Way plans and utility conflict exhibits
● Addressed comments and markups as part of the QC process according to Standards
● Helped produce roadway sections, alignment/right of way, temporary erosion control plans
● Helped in the production of roadway profile, pavement marking and utility plans
● Produced plans, specifications, as well as estimate to meet scope of work
● Prepared calculations and quantities
- Highway Engineer In Training at HDR
- Construction Inspector Coop at DLZ CORPORATION
- Precon Estimating Coop at Turner- Lathrop
- Traffic Engineer Coop at AECOM
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Civil Engineering
• Alton Deck Girder Bridge Replacement Project / Diana Deck Girder Bridge Replacement Project o Effectively collaborated with Engineers to set new horizontal and vertical alignments, along with new design surfaces utilizing MicroStation software. o Developed and implemented plan sheets for right-of-way, utility location verification, and field review. o Designed pavement and plotted deeds and performed comprehensive field inspections of construction projects.
• Development Drive o Effectively provided fluid communications with a diverse and multifaceted work group. o Calculated all quantities of materials, developed plan sheets for final office review, and analyzed cross sections of the project.
- Highway Engineer Trainee at WEST VIRGINIA DIVISION of HIGHWAYS
- Engineering Assistant at NAVIGATOR ENVIRONMENTAL and TECHNICAL SERVICES
- Teaching Assistant at WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE of TECHNOLOGY
- Summer Engineering Co-Op at WEST VIRGINIA DIVISION of HIGHWAYS
3 years at this Job
- Master's - Business Administration
- Bachelor's - Civil Engineering / Transportation
Transportation and Planning Bureau
Project Studies Division – Senior Project Engineer
2008 - Present
• Supervises and trains staff assigned to support Departmental public safety activities; Supervised staff of engineers to perform HCS analysis of various roadways and signal warrant analysis of intersections throughout the county’s jurisdiction.
• Develops and maintains professional working relationships with various municipal agencies and often acts as primary point of contact; Attends Council of Mayors (COMs) meetings to report CCDOTH project progress and field infrastructure concerns of Mayors and Managers; Interacts with and maintains a professional relationship with Planning Liaisons (PLs) and CMAP to identify creative techniques to fund/finance infrastructure projects; Created partnership program with Municipal agencies to finance various infrastructure projects.
• Presents findings from public safety investigations and reviews to senior management.
• Performs Part A/Phase 1 project studies for projects and interacts with IDOT to ensure documentation is properly submitted.
• Trains staff as a part of knowledge transfer efforts;
• Plans, directs and organizes educational seminars for public safety for Departmental staff.
• Participated on the Project Steering Committee for the “Complete Streets, Complete Networks: A Manual for the Design of Active Transportation” with the Active Transportation Alliance.
• Led the effort to reorganize and coordinate an internship program that reflects a renewed Departmental mission.
• Strategically designed invoicing procedures and processes for vendor/consultant billing currently being implemented Department-wide. Transportation and Planning Bureau Project Studies Division – Highway Engineer III 2005 - 2008
• Functioned as point of contact for management of City of Chicago’s budget for projects within Cook County jurisdiction ~ $7million annually
• Performed Part A/Phase 1 project studies for projects and interacts with IDOT to ensure documentation is properly submitted.
• Supervised and led team of engineers in researching, producing and establishing the Request for Proposal (RFP) and “SERLVAC” program implementation of Red Light Running Cameras Program for Cook County;
• Negotiated favorable financial terms for the now shelved Cook County SERLVAC public safety program.
• Produced transportation studies and reports to be utilized in the possible negotiation for City and County roadways jurisdictional transfers.
• Conducted permit review for a range of projects in cooperation with municipalities and utilities to determine accessibility requirements utilizing AASHTO and HCM guidelines. Construction Bureau Field Division – Resident Engineer 2003 - 2005
• Applied professional engineering principles to complex and extensive road construction projects.
• Supervised laborers assigned to projects, including a group of 5 engineering assistants, numerous general contractors and subcontractors.
• Organized, scheduled and coordinated the assignment of a wide variety of construction tasks to facilitate the completion of plans and cost estimates according to performance and efficiency standards.
• Resolved the general public’s problems and concerns by conducting meetings with the community, contractors, governmental agencies and utility companies. Design Bureau Drainage and Utilities Division – Highway Engineer 2001 - 2003
• Designed drainage, construction and structural projects for municipal clients.
• Coordinated permit acceptance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
• Consulted municipal clients on various aspects of their design, permitting, construction and operational needs.
- Senior Project Engineer at Cook County Department of Transportation and Highways
17 years, 8 months at this Job
- MBA - Management
- BS - Civil Engineering
• Project manager of repair plans and contract ready proposals for major bridge repairs and maintenance
• $25M+ total bridge repair projects and proposals managed
• Coordinates with Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) division professionals, engineering consultants, materials suppliers and contractors to ensure project efficiency and completion
• Bridge repair projects include but are not limited to: deck replacements, deck overlays, expansion joint replacements, bearing replacements, substructure repairs, and structural steel repairs
• Plans/Organizes proper traffic control for safety of all work zones involved in bridge rehabilitation
• Collects, analyzes, and evaluates bridge data in the field
• Functioning member of bridge inspection team
• Develops prioritized lists of bridges in need of maintenance and repairs by District and makes recommendations within designated budget limits
• Member of pilot program for bridge preservation measures in coordination with District Bridge Engineers and Kentucky State Highway Engineer
• Serve on panel for revising 2018 Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction Concrete Section (600)
• Project Head for Kentucky Transportation Center research projects
• Staffs the Division of Maintenance Emergency Response Center during snow and ice events and other emergencies. Additional security clearances obtained within the Office of Homeland Security
- Transportation Engineering Technologist III at Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Environmental Technologist and Environmental Scientist at Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Project Manager / Engineering Tech Consultant at Bocook Engineering
- Customer Service Representative at Republic Bank, Central Kentucky Area
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Construction Management
Functioning as an Area Engineer to administer construction contracts, as set forth by the Maryland Standard Specifications for Construction and Materials and the specified executed contracts. It also involves with the coordination, management and direction of the inspection of construction contracts. The total value of construction projects being supervised at one time exceed $40,000,000.00. It requires the coordination of many project engineers and their inspection staffs (resource allocation) to carry out the function of construction inspection on several highway and bridge construction projects concurrently. The high traffic volume and large population are unique to District Five and these factors add to the complexity and diversity of such contracts.
• These duties begin with the project planning phase through the design phase, the construction phase, and finally through project closeout.
• Review and approval of staff's time, leave, and expenses;
• Coaching, mentoring, and recommending training for staff;
• Resolving personnel conflicts between team members and contractor's personnel;
• Assisting with the development of policies and procedures relating to District inspection staff;
• Coordinating resolutions with numerous internal and external entities and agencies;
• Ensuring specification compliance on construction projects and compliance with federally mandated programs and requirements;
• Responding to written correspondence with decisions based on Maryland Specifications, laws, and regulations as appropriate;
• Participating in various contractual meetings;
• Reviewing and approving project schedules;
• Monitoring contract costs and material clearance;
• Project site investigations and reviews during construction;
• Participating in preliminary investigations and final reviews for upcoming projects;
• Negotiating, decisions making and recommendations with contractors on requests for equitable adjustments, change orders and claims;
• Conducting pre-construction meetings;
• Investigate and respond to citizen and elected officials complaints and issues testify as an expert witness on behalf of MDOT SHA for construction issues;
• Conducting final inspections for the acceptance of completed projects and contract close outs.
- Area Engineer at District Five
- Senior Transportation Design Engineer (Project Manager) at Innovative Contracting Division
- Highway Engineer at West Virginia Department of Highways Martinsburg, WV
- Transportation Engineer at Field Exploration Division
6 months at this Job
- Graduate Engineer - Training Program
- M.S. - Construction Engineering and Management
- B.S. - Civil Engineering
• Review, forward, track and file technical submittals, RFIs, letters, concrete activity notice, work plans, safe work plans, Non- compliance orders, utility mark out, platform, continuity jumpers and rebars shop drawings, time and material documents
• Coordinate with Quality Assurance Manager for material certification and audit report
• Publish progress meeting and coordination meeting minutes
• Provide administrative support for projects in various stages of design and construction
• Perform site inspections as needed to obtain field measurements and to review records
• Keep-up daily work schedules and reports
• Submitting monthly and weekly reports to client
• Track, document and manage project issues and delays
• Responsible for all project meetings dealing directly with construction and design personnel, contractors, New York City Transit (NYCT) and design consultants
• Assisting Project Manager and Resident Engineer with payment requisition preparation
• Handles contractor pay estimates, tracking quantities, reconciling daily inspection reports, and project progress photographs
• Ensure the correct amount of material was procured from side-dumps and/or belly dumps by gathering tickets
• Contribute to constructability as well as design coordination for structures, track, civil, electrical, mechanical and facility for the program including the review of plans and specifications
- Railroad Project Engineer/Office Engineer at HAKS/ATANE CONSULTING
- Highway Engineer/Project Engineer at HAKS/ATANE CONSULTING
- Assistant Office Engineer/Field Engineer at GARG CONSULTING SERVICES
- Field Engineer at MEHTA AND ASSOCIATES INC
3 years at this Job
- Civil Engineering
Under the directions of a Project Engineer, I am
• Performing pavement engineering calculations necessary for the preparation and review of Pavement Design Recommendations. Performing and reviewing Pavement Performance analyses using Pavement ME (AAHSTOWare) software.
• Reviewing pavement core, GPR data, DCP and FWD data collected for projects.
• Reviewing Construction Plans and Specifications
• Developing pavement related specifications including ride quality requirements of projects.
• Providing pavement engineering guidance and assistance to construction personnel during construction.
• Preparing man-hour estimates for in-house and consultant designed projects.
• Preparing Pavement Design Data and Traffic Design Data (TDD-PDD) for Pavement Design life.
• Attending pre-construction, pre-paving, core group and other project related meetings at different phases of a project
• Reviewing Developer Access Permit plans and providing pavement related recommendations
• Review and provide input on new technology in pavement engineering relating to design, materials and construction.
• Performing Life cycle cost analysis of alternate pavement designs when required.
• Maintain Unit's Pavement Design and Materials database
• Prepare item # requests for new pavement items
- Assistant Engineer at New Jersey Department of Transportation
- Civil Engineer II at Mazandaran Organisation of Civil Engineers
- Instructor at Mazandaran University
- Geotechnical Engineer at Mazandaran University
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering - Transportation
- Master of Science in Civil Engineer - Highway and Transportation
- Bachelor of Science - Civil Engineering