HIM Clerk Kingwood Medical Center
• Retrieve discharged medical records from the various nursing units and ancillary departments
• Reconcile retrieved medical records against patient discharge listings to ensure receipt of all records
• Scan discharged medical records and packages them to be sent to HSC for coding
- HIM Clerk at Parallon Enterprise
- Cashier at Wal-Mart
- Tax Professional at H&R Block
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Certificate - Medical Office Receptionist
HIM Clerk prn Retrieve medical records from the floor, reconcile & send for scanning
HIM Clerk prn
Retrieve medical records from the floor, reconcile & send for scanning
- HIM Clerk (prn) at PARALLON BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
- Medical Coder at Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center
- Machine Operator at Sun Products
- HCC Medical Coder/Analyst at AllMed Staffing Inc
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bowling Green Campus-Non degree
- A.S. - Health Information Management
- Associate - Health Informaiton
HIM Clerk is responsible for maintaining and updating records. Processes release of information request. Faxed medical records and also faxed electronic, provide customer service to patients. Scan and upload documents into electronic charts. Answer phone inquires regarding medical records and transfer calls to appropriate departments. Verify all documents to the correct patient account number.
- HIM Clerk at Kingwood Medical Center
- Floater at ABC Learning Center
- Medical Records Clerk/File Clerk at Sterling Ridge
- at First United Methodist Church
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- - Medical Assistant
Medical Records- HIM Department Daily retrieval of medical documents from emergency room baskets. Sorted, organized, and filed patients' medical records and information. Created folders for loose paperwork. Filed completed charts back to assigned shelves. Performed general clerical duties such as photocopying, collating, data entry, inter-department mailings, handling office equipment, restocking supplies, and running errands. Maintained a clean and organized work area. Flexible in meeting the needs of the department. Helped with departmental audits and investigators. Maintained quality and accurate records by following hospital procedures. Ensured patient charts and paperwork were completed in a timely manner. Made sure all medical records were protected and kept confidential.
- HIM Clerk at Lighthouse Management Group
- Chiropractic Front Office Assistant at Dr. Bieganski
- Caregiver Companion at My Aunt
- Medical Information Coordinator at Abbott Vascular
5 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts - General Studies
HIM Tech Collecting and put together patient paper charts, ensuring accuracy of patient records, ensuring privacy of patient records, daily scans of patient's chart to coder, Print and file physician's dictation in patients record, completing monthly audits. Fulfilling medical records request.
- HIM clerk at Cura Health of Jacksonville
- Equipment Technician II at Specialty Hospital of Jacksonville
- Customer Service Technician II at UHS, Universal Hospital Services
- Telemetry Technician at CVPH Medical Center
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- None - Billing and coding office specialist
- None - Medical Assistant
- High school or equivalent - general studies
Retrieves discharged medical records from various nursing units and ancillary
departments through the hospital and reconciles them using Meditech compiled
reports and/or automated reconciliation to ensure that all records are accounted for and ready by the deadline for daily pickup by the courier.
● Places reconciled records in the designated courier bins for the HSC courier to retrieve and deliver to Document Imaging operations.
● Batches, labels and routes loose reports, late charts and/or late documentation to HSC Document Imaging.
● Scans and indexes loose reports/documents that are identified as critical to coding and prioritizes them according to policy.
● Coordinates the retrieval and printing of medical records from storage, as well as the storage, archival and record retention of documents and/or other Alternate Media that cannot be scanned into HPF to include monitor strips (e.g. fetal monitor strips, EKGs, etc.)
● Assists customers with ROI requests, ensuring the validity and authorization of the request, routing to Healthport, and processing urgent requests.
● Performs routine data entry to assist in updating applicable unbilled reason codes (URCs) into appropriate systems (Horizon Patient Folder-HPF, Meditech, Reconciliation Tool) if chart not received/reconciled within established timeframes.
● Assist with the physician suspension process by printing, stuffing and sending out notice letters when directed, making reminder calls, or recording suspension data in Meditech.
● Processes facility specific HIM mail as applicable.
● Assist with physician questions related to HPF and the physician portal or other issues that may arise.
● Maintains or exceeds established productivity and quality standards.
● Practices and adheres to the Company's Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value statement.
● Answering and responding to phone calls, emails, and processing faxes regarding patient's request being sent to the physician's office and in receiving documents from physician's office.
● Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher.
● Other duties as assigned.
- HIM Clerk at Capital Regional Medical Center
- Columnist at Uloop News, FSU Campus Life News
- Office Clerk at FSU Alumni Village Student Housing
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts and Science - English
- Associates Degree - Communications
EMPLOYMENT AND INTERNSHIP HISTORY 10/2016-present Clerk, Health Information Management, part-time Duke Outpatient Clinic Duke University Medical Center
• Perform clerical duties in maintaining patient medical records.
• Organized and filed all documentation expeditiously.
• Maintained daily workflow in order to expedite processing while ensuring quality, accuracy and customer service.
EMPLOYMENT AND INTERNSHIP HISTORY
10/2016-present Clerk, Health Information Management, part-time
Duke Outpatient Clinic
Duke University Medical Center
- HIM Clerk at Duke Outpatient Clinic
- Social Work Intern at Skilled Nursing Facility
- Social Work Intern at CHENITAJACKSON
- Social Work, Intern at Patient Navigator
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- MSW - Social Work
- BSW - Social Work
HIM clerks ensure records are properly created and stored and that they are easily accessible to medical professionals as needed for ongoing care. As a HIM clerk I also typically handles computer records, although physical files are also a part of my work as well. I must follow the instructions of supervisors and follow organizational standards and practices (such as procedures for handling records and confidentiality requirements). All patient information must be entered accurately and include necessary updates as provided. My main dutie include breaking down physics charts, entering charges for nurses and the dietitian.
- HIM Clerk at Oceans Behavior Hospital
- Admissions Coordinator at Silverado Hospice
- Team Coordinator at Compassus Hospice and Palliative Care
- Billing Specialist at Baylor College of Medicine
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
The HIM Assistant is responsible for assembling patient information into patients’ electronic medical record in an accurate and timely manner. The primary functions of the position revolves around the accurate scanning & routing of all incoming documents and routed to the appropriate area of the patients record, quality analysis of the contents of the records and chart completion, and processing release of information requests for all AMP locations.
The HIM Assistant is responsible for assembling patient information into patients’ electronic medical record in an accurate and timely manner.
The primary functions of the position revolves around the accurate scanning & routing of all incoming documents and routed to the appropriate area of the patients record, quality analysis of the contents of the records and chart completion, and processing release of information requests for all AMP locations.
- HIM Clerk at AMP Urology
- Medical Records Clerk at NY Heart Center
- Medical Secretary/Medical Records at SUNY Upstate Medical
- Youth Coordinator/Support Staff at Catholic Charities
4 years, 9 months at this Job
As a Birth Cert Clerk , interviewing patiens for birth certificate of newborns, enter information in the Vital Statistics System. As an HIM clerk, gather necessary imformation to complete patient record through HPF and Meditech.
As a Birth Cert Clerk , interviewing patiens for birth certificate of newborns, enter information in the Vital Statistics System.
As an HIM clerk, gather necessary imformation to complete patient record through HPF and Meditech.
- Birth Certificte Clerk and HIM Clerk at Brandon Regional Hospital
- Credentialing Clerk / Coordinator - Credentialing Department at Triple - Salud, Inc
- Confidential Office Clerk at Triple-S Salud, Inc
- Team Leader at Triple-S Salud, Inc
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- OFFICE CLERK - Secretarial