I am currently the Lead Histology Technician
- Histology Technician at Specialists in Dermatology LLC
5 years, 11 months at this Job
I ran this Histology Laboratory by myself.
- Histology Technician at Histology Laboratory
- Owner at Arborlane Collectibles
- Histology Technician at Eastern Virginia Medical School
- at Histology Tech, Zurbrugg Memorial Hospital
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- - pathology
• Daily responsibilities include embedding, microtomy, routine H& E staining and filing of paraffin blocks and slides of upwards of 500 specimen cases daily.
• Reviewed stained slides for quality control.
• Familiar with the operations of the Prisma automated stainer, Leica Peloris Rapid Tissue proccessors, Ventana Vantage system and automated special stainer, including changing reagents and general trouble shooting.
• U of L Dental School specimens, from data entry and processing, through special stains and send out, and including writing SOP handling procedure.
• Follow up with Team leads about issues involving quality control of patient specimens.
• Collaborate with Team leads and other technicians to improve work flow and turnaround time, while observing the requirements for safety and CAP regulations.
• Embedding of prostate biopsies, nails, and alopecia specimens, as well as microtomy of immunofluorescence slides for staining and send out. Histology Technician Associates in Dermatology 4/1/13 to 6/30/17 Louisville, KY
- Histology Technician at Laboratory Corporation of America
- PRN, doing routine embedding, microtomy and labeling of slides at Baptist East Hospital
- Histology Technician at Dermatopathology Consultants
- Histology Technician Trainee at Jewish Hospital
16 years, 11 months at this Job
- - General Studies
10701 East Blvd. Supervisor: Susan Weber
Cleveland, Ohio (216) 791- 3800 ext.: 6154
Title: Histology Technician
• Utilize a variety of automated systems to enter, update, revise, sort, and compile data.
• Evaluate process for potential improvements, making recommendations for improvement, and assist with implementation of process changes.
• Prepare and perform routine biological staining techniques.
• Embed, cut and stain tissue for histologic examination.
• Prepare frozen sections.
• Maintain and operate equipment and instruments.
• Use computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets and word.
• Access protected health information (PHI) in accordance with departmental policy.
- Histology Technician at Louis Stokes VA Medical Center
- Funeral Home Embalmer at Gaines Funeral Home
- Medical Technician at Louis Stokes VA Medical Center
- Funeral Director/Embalmer at Boyd Funeral Home
8 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Mortuary Science
I am the most senior histology technician in our AP department. I am a histology technician who grosses specimens. I have experience with immunohistochemical staining. I am also the super user of our AP LIS and our main AP billing tech. I have cytology preparation training with Sure Path and Thin Prep technologies as well. I am adept at writing and maintaining procedures and have participated in CAP inspections. I have also assisted in CAP inspections of other hospitals.
- Histology technician II at Evangelical Community Hospital
- Histotechnician at
29 years, 5 months at this Job
- Graduate of School of Histotechnology - Histotechnology
I am currently a Histology Technician for LabCorp working at the University of Tennessee Medical Center. I currently do not have my ASCP certification, but I can acquire it within a year. I started working for LabCorp as a part-time employee (Lab Assistant in Cytology) while I was a full-time student in college. I received a promotion to my current position (Specialty Laboratory Assistant/Histology Trainee) after graduating college. In my current position, I prepare and cut tissue samples for medical analysis by pathologists. I have experience as a trainer, working all shifts, working in multiple departments, and ISO and Quality Control laboratory procedures and standards.
- Histology Technician at LabCorp
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Biochemical, Cellular and Molecular Biology
● Marion General Hospital, Marion, IN - Histology Technician.
•Tissue Tek processor, automated H&E stainer and cover slipper; Ventana Benchmark Special and Ultra IHC stainers; Thermo Shandon Excelsior processor, cassette printer; Leica Cryostats and microtomes; Meditech and Vantage LIS systems.
● Kaiser Permanente, Falls Church, VA - MOHS Technician
•Leica cryostat; Thermo Scientific Linistain; Epic LIS system.
● Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA - Histology Technician
•Leica microtomes and embedding centers; Dako stainers
- Histology Technician, Contract at Aureus Medical Group
- Histology Technician at Covance Laboratories, Inc
- Histology Technician at Hart Road Pathology, LLC
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Certificate - Phlebotomy Technician
- - Allied Health Science Program
- - General Education Coursework
As a Histology technician trainee, I had the opportunity to learn and assist in the receiving, processing and preparing patient tissue specimens for microscopic examination for the Pathologist. This included the logging in of cases, gross examination, embedding, cutting and staining of the specimens while also maintaining lab equipment in proper state of cleanliness. Special procedures that were part of the training included; cytology fluid procedures, cytology stains, Hematoxylin and eosin stains, and much more. Other duties included to monitor inventory of supplies, equipment and reagents used. Assist the pathologist in gross examination of surgical specimens and in frozen section procedures.
- Histology Technician Trainee at Boca Delray Laboratory
- Teacher Assistant at FAU Ocean and Engineering
- Administrative assistant/ Social Media coordinator at Cardio Barre
- Psychiatrist at Dr. Parikh Private Practitioners Office
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Biological Science - Biological Science
- Associates in Liberal Arts - Liberal Arts
- High school Diploma
Histology tech in Pathology Dept, includes embedding, cutting, H & E staining, Immunohistochemistry on varying tissue. We process FNA, frozen sections, endo, skins, to large surgical specimens. Maintain continuing education as an ASCP certified technician.
- Histology Technician at Beverly Hospital, a member of Lahey Health
- Histology Supervisor at Northshore Medical Center
- Histology Technician at Northshore Medical Center
- Histotechnologist at
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- Histotechnian certification ASCP - Histotechnology
- Bachelor's - Pharmacy
I’m an ASCP certified Histology Technician with 3 yrs experience. Previously I worked for 34 years as an ASCP certified Medical Laboratory Technician. I perform embedding, microtomy, immunohistchemical stains, special stains and cytology specimen processing. I also go on procedures to collect biopsy specimens.
- Histology Technician at Adena Regional Medical Center
- Medical Laboratory Technician at The Zangmeister Cancer Center
- Q.A. Measurement Technician at Calmar-St Gobain
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Associate Degree of Applied Science in Medical Laboratory Technology - Medical Laboratory Technology