I am a histotechnologist with 18 years experience. Competent in specimen accessioning, embedding, tissue block cutting and staining. Responsible for instrument maintenance, quality assurance reports, scanning patient reports and processing specimens for outside consults. .
- Histotechnologist at Saint Joseph East Hospital
- New data systems team lead: Pathology Department at Kentucky One Health Care
- Medical Lab Technician at Charleston Area Medical Center (CAMC)
29 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associate - Applied Sciences: Medical Laboratory Technician
North Hollywood, CA December 2016 to Present Embed, cut different type of tissues for IHC, H&E, and Special stains such as: bones, prostates, breast, GI, eyes, alopecia, skin, kidney, liver, nail, cell blocks, blood, re-cuts, deeper, unstain slides, levels, and other tissues from 15 different Kaiser facilities. Maintain safe and clean work environment. Histotechnologist
- Histotechnologist at Histotechnician
- Histotechnologist at Citrus Valley Health Partners
- QC slides at St Jude Medical Center
- at Kaiser Permanente
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associate - Liberal arts & pre
- Bachelor of science - Medical technology
HOLMES REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER, MELBOURNE, FL
Histotechnologist, 02/17 to pres11/18ent
• All processes related to production of histopathological slides including: grossing, embedding, microtome and staining of tissue specimens as well as operation and maintenance of tissue processors in a high volume hospital.
• I cut and process Frozens on a daily basis.
• I work closely with the pathologist, researching, troubleshooting and resolving histology related problems within the laboratory.
• I perform special stains, immunohistochemistry using the automated Ventana system and equipment.
• I keep accurate quality assurance and quality control records while following all OSHA, CLIA and CAP standards.
• I prepare and perform molecular genetic testing of HER2 breast cancer markers.
• I am trained to process, read and score CISH (HER2/CEP17) slides. And report results.
- Histotechnologist at HOLMES REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
- Lead Histotechnologist/Transcriptionist at FLORIDA UROLOGY SPECIALISTS
- Lead Histotechnologist at UROPATH LLC LABORATORY
- Laboratory Technical Assistant at MARINCO BIOASSAY LABORATORY
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's in Science - Marine Biology
• Receives, accessions and grosses in-house biopsy specimens.
• Grosses, cuts and stains tissues for Mohs surgery specimens.
• Maintains equipment, instruments and cleanliness of working area
• Maintains a safe, clean work environment including proper labeling, storage and ordering of chemicals.
• Researches, troubleshoots, and resolves histology related inquiries and problems within the laboratory.
• Records daily quality control procedures.
• Maintains log for patient identification system.
• Maintains and updates OSHA and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) records.
• Embeds, cuts and stains routine histology slides as needed. Histotechnologist
- Histotechnologist at Trident Dermatology, HTL
- Research Specialist at MUSC, Addiction Sciences Dept
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
Histotechnician. Rotation through microtomy and embedding only. A lot of training not utilized.
- Histotechnologist at Quest Diagnostics
- Histology and Anatomic Pathology Manager at OSF Healthcare Systems
- Adjunct Faculty teaching the NAACLS accredited Histology program at Illinois Community College
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- AAS - Math, Chemistry
- BA - Medical Technology & Art History
- Completed Internship - Histotechnology
Embeds surgical and autopsy specimens in paraffin. Section routinely from 4 to 8 microns. Performs H&E and special stain to aid in diagnosis. Performs all aspects of Immunohistochemistry to include: microtomy, antibody dilution, solution preparation, machine programming, review of control material and case assembly. Operates and maintains the following equipment: - Leica Tissue Processors, Leica microtome, Sakura Prisma Stainer, Ventana Benchmark Ultra Stainer, Ventana Special Stainer, Sakura Tissue Tek Film Coverslipper Extremely comfortable in the lab environment with strong adaptability to work flow. Strong understanding of test optimization, validation, quality control, lab accreditation and safety.
- Histotechnologist at Beaumont Health
- Molecular Pathology Technologist at FISH
1 year at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Biomedical Diagnostics and Therapeutic Sciences - Histotechnology
Histological Techniques and Duties
◦ Special Staining
◦ Frozen sectioning of Snap Froze Specimens
◦ Gross Room Accessioning/Labeling
◦ Equipment Maintenance
◦ Ensure all quality assurance and quality controls are maintained
• Computer Software ◦ Microsoft Office Word ◦ Adobe
• Surgical Pathology Instrument Software/Hardware ◦ Leica Bond Max ◦ Ventana BenchMark Ultra
• Healthcare Software ◦ Epic ◦ CoPath ◦ PowerPath
- Histotechnologist at WVU Medicine - University Town Center Outpatient Clinic Registration
- at Histology Program Clinical Rotations
- at West Virginia University Gross Room
- at West Virginia University Histology Lab
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science Emphasis in Histotechnology - Medical Laboratory Science
Responsibilities: Preparation of high quality histology slides for diagnostic, research, and academic use. Strong grasp of all areas of high throughput histology laboratory operations including tissue processing, embedding, block cutting, and staining. Experience producing special staining and immunohistochemistry results of diagnostic quality while also maintaining quick and efficient turnaround times.
- Histotechnologist at UC Davis Medical Center & Health System
- Staff Research Associate I at Pathogen Detection Laboratory
- PCR Laboratory Technician I at IDEXX Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory
- Medical Laboratory Technician I at IDEXX Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences - Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior
. Maintain, proper documentation including specimen handling, labeling and preparation of worksheets.
•Ensure full regulatory compliance, providing test results with the best possible quality
•Automated IHC experience
•Processing and operate embedding center
•Operate microtome or cryostat to produce slides or curls from formalin-fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE)
•Prepare quality tissue sections for staining
•Know how to run daily H&E control and perform special staining
•Perform QC where required
•Follow appropriate safety guidelines and perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Histotechnologist at Sanford Health
- Histotechnologist at Fairview Health Services
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Master's - Histotechnology
- Bachelor's - Health Science and Public Health
- Associate - Health Science
Routine clinical histology including laboratory maintenance, tissue processing, embedding, sectioning, and staining. Cutting 80 blocks x hours Embedding 70 x hours QC digital pathology IHC ( ventana and bond ) troubleshooting special staining Frozen section
- Histotechnologist at neogenomics laboratories
- Histology Technician at Wisconsin Diagnostic Laboratories
at this Job
- - Miami, FL