Hours per week: 40
• Researched topics relating to homeland security and immigration policy
• Provided timely open source research reports to analysts
• Performed daily administrative tasks
- Homeland Security Intern at Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee
- Egan Cafeteria Team Member at Mercyhurst University
- Intelligence Analyst at Tom Ridge College of Intelligence Studies and Applied Science
- White House Internship Program at Office of Presidential Correspondence
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Intelligence Studies
- - Law
Maintain confidentiality of information that is personal or sensitive and a security clearance.
● Perform duties aligning with the Classifications branch of CBP that is in charge of classifying pay-grades, official position titles, and creating the final position descriptions for CBP positions.
● Have lead several projects with significant impact on the Classification mission and CBP as a whole.
● Manage large government databases, organizing, repairing, and updating important documents and records.
● Maintain contacts with individuals at the highest level of CBP.
● Knowledge of policies and procedures and experience in reading detailed policy and legal guidelines.
● Closely work with important federal documents that are not available to the public.
● Mastery of Microsoft applications as well as IBM Management Systems
● Strong interpersonal skills speaking with elected officials, appointed officials, volunteers, staff, and public.
- HR Administrator Homeland Security at Department of Homeland Security
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts degree - Public Administration/Service and Policy
New York State Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services - Brooklyn, NY Homeland Security Analyst 1 2018 - Present * Analyzed, researched on a variety of topics related to Homeland and Global Security issues and policies * Conducted analytical support and comprehensive research on select homeland security/public security policy trends at the state, federal and international levels * Drafted preliminary reports, recommendations and alternatives based on gathered information * Participated in policy planning, risk assessments and development to identify long and short term challenges * Evaluated the impact of federal and state legislative programs, mandates and processes on the resources and operations of the agency * Facilitated the implementation and operation of ongoing and newly evolving DHSES initiatives and assist in the coordination and operational support of targeted program activities * Evaluated and commented on homeland security/public safety programs and studies conducted by other state and national governments and public/non-profit/private sector organizations * Interacted extensively with agency representatives, subject matter experts, advisory services and legal resources
- Homeland Security Analyst 1 at New York State Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services
- DHS/TSA OJT Program Coach / Acting Lead Transportation Security Officer at Department of Homeland Security - Transportation Security Administration
- AIG Vendor Screening Program Manager / AIG Security Service Representative at AIG Corporate Security - Carco Group/Cisive
- Bilingual Outreach Program Provider at Liberty Health- Hudson Perinatal Consortium
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice/Law
Administer the planning, promoting, and practice of full-scale emergencies in Montgomery County. Maintain, update, and manage emergency operations plans and public notification systems to provide safety and security for county occupants. Inform public on FEMA information and recovery issues, as needed. For optimal planning and notification, continue and build upon collaborative efforts with local and regional partners. Serve as Public Information Officer (PIO) for MCOHSEM, creating and publishing press releases and participating in numerous media interviews. Administer internal and external communications, prepare and publicize social media updates, and maintain office website. Coordinate and organize related meetings and contribute to a variety of committees making decisions on Houston Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) grants. During Emergency Operations Center disaster activation, serve as Planning Section Chief, POI, and Joint Information Center (JIC) Manager. Key Contributions: * Relay crucial emergency information in the most timely and effective manner by establishing a comprehensive Montgomery County Public Information plan. * Provide continuous up-to-date information to county occupants for optimal safety, addressing questions and concerns.
- Homeland Security Planner at Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Montgomery County District Clerk at Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Community Preparedness Planner at Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts degree - Communications
NC and Harrisburg, PA
Supervisor, Transportation Security Officer for Security Operations | May 2017 - Present
● Responsible for mitigating actual and potential threats against civil aviation and other transportation modes
● Oversee 75+ employees in the performance of all security functions related to the screening of people, property, and cargo to include: all Lead Transportation Security Officers (LTSOs) and Transportation Security Officers (TSOs)
● Make independent security-based decisions using intelligence, critical thinking, experience, observation, and passenger engagement
● Participates in the development of strategic planning initiatives, workforce planning new policies and procedures and recommendations for changes in policies based on observation of work, as required
● Engages in continuous development of critical thinking skills necessary to mitigate security threats by identifying, evaluating, and applying appropriate situational options and approaches
● Prepares various types of communications such as morning briefings, checkpoint logs, reports, and documents that are germane to work performed
● Completes performance evaluations for Lead Transportation Security Officer and Transportation Security Officers.
- Supervisor for Department of Homeland Security at Department of Homeland Security
- Lead, Transportation Security Officer (LTSO) for Security Operations at Department of Homeland Security
- Transportation Security Officer (TSO) for Security Operations at Department of Homeland Security
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- - Television and Radio
Operating various screening equipment and technology to identify dangerous objects in baggage, cargo and on passengers, and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft. ◦ Performing searches and screening, which may include physical interaction with passengers (e.g., pat-downs, search of property, etc.), conducting bag searches and lifting/carrying bags, bins, and property weighing up to 50lbs. ◦ Controlling terminal entry and exit points. ◦ Interacting with the public, giving directions and responding to inquiries. ◦ Maintaining focus and awareness while working in a stressful environment which includes noise from alarms, machinery and people, crowd distractions, time pressure, and disruptive and angry passengers, in order to preserve the professional ability to identify and locate potentially life threatening or mass destruction devices, and to make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations. ◦ Engaging in continuous development of critical thinking skills, necessary to mitigate actual and potential security threats, by identifying, evaluating, and applying appropriate situational options and approaches. This may include application of risk-based security screening protocols that vary based on program requirements. ◦ Retaining and implementing knowledge of all applicable Standard Operating Procedures, demonstrating responsible and dependable behavior, and is open to change and adapts to new information or unexpected obstacles.
- Department of Homeland Security at Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration
- Independent Contractor at Contracts
- Operations Associate at Secure Nursing Service Inc
- Operations Associate-Financial at A/P, A/R Conference Direct LLC
11 months at this Job
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center - Federal
Supervisor: Jossely Torres (202) 710-4530
• Leading and training three (3) teams of recovery support specialists in public assistance grants, hazard mitigation, environmental and historic preservation, community planning, capacity building, intergovernmental affairs and health and social services. Overseeing and leading complex operations within response, recovery and mitigation of all hazards caused by Hurricane Maria in Disaster 4339 - Puerto Rico. Coordinated and facilitated communications and operations between FEMA programs or services and deciding municipality officials such as mayors and EM directors. Coordinated with and convened voluntary- and community-based organizations, philanthropic foundations, academia, and private sector partners to guide improvements for the delivery of aid in the recovery of the community.
- Division Supervisor FEMA Homeland Security Supervisor at Homeland Security
- Project Leader and Advisor, Curriculum Specialist at ABC Corp
- Academic Coach at ABC Corp
- Project Leader, Curriculum Specialist, Transformation Coach at Fundación Comunitaria de Puerto Rico
1 year at this Job
- Doctoral degree - Leadership
- Master's Degree in Education - English
- Bachelor's Degree in Education - English
- Homeland Security at Homeland Security
- Ramp Agent at Menzies Aviation
- Benefits Accounting Liaison at The ARC Northern Chesapeake Region
- Night Auditor at Candlewood Suites
5 months at this Job
- - Insurance Agent
Homeland Security Officer at City of Toledo low service water pump station number one. Access gate control, monitor people who enter in and exit out of property. Keep hourly security logs.
- Homeland Security Officer at Job1USA security
- Security Officer at Job 1 USA Security
- Shift Leader at HOTHEAD BURRITOS
- Paint Line - Hang Parts at Lou Rich
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Generals. Pursuing Bachelors Degree in Business
I worked in the contracts division, reviewing QA/QC procedures and protocols. I also was part of the team reviewing and providing information on procedural changes that should be made to their S.O.P's.
- Temporary Assignment Department of Homeland Security at Department of Homeland Security
- Management Analyst at BLUE PATH LABS
- Sales Manager at EMPIRE TODAY
- Sales Operations Manager at ASTRUM SOLAR
1 year at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Management - Business Management