Hospice Social Worker responsible for providing emotional and social support to families. Extensive knowledge in completing assessments, making referral, hospice IDG, and locating community resources. Knowledgeable about the long term care process, Medicaid, Medicare, and developing treatment plans for families
- Hospice Social Worker at Comfort Care Hospice ( Part Time)
- Family Protection Specialist Advanced at Department of Human Services
- Medical Social Worker at Central Alabama Comprehensive Health
- Case Manager, Social Work Intern at Sybill Smith Family Village
6 months at this Job
- Masters - Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts - Social Work
Present Hospice Social Worker for the Southern Macomb/Oakland/and Wayne Counties. Also, I was the Hospice Social worker for our Down River/Detroit/Southern Wayne County Team. . Job Duties include: Providing Case management, Supportive Counseling, Crisis Intervention to Hospice Patients and their families in the Home Hospitals/Community/Nursing Homes/AFC Homes/and Assisted Living. Part of the IDT meetings and MSW meetings. Coverage for Inpatient Hospice patients in Beaumont Hospital System. Discharge planning/ Admit & Consents Signings/Informational meetings with pts and families. Hospice Education Summit Committee and Diversity Committee. Developing Plans of Care, Community Referrals, Crisis Intervention, and Grief & Loss Counseling. Home Care Home Base & Matrix Charting Systems on Tablet System. Charting on computer systems for EPIC/hospital & Point Click Care/nursing homes Systems.
- Hospice Social Worker at Beaumont Hospice
- Hospice Social Worker at Grace Hospice
- Hospice Inpatient Social Worker at Henry Ford Hospice at Henry Ford Hospital
- Hospice Social Worker at Residential Home Health & Hospice
1 month at this Job
- MSW - Health Care
- BS - Social Work
- - Student Social Work Organization
As a hospice Social worker, I've been trained on how to provide sincere emotional and social support by using communication skills, impersonal skills, well-versed service coordination, while also advocating for patients and clients, within a home or facility setting. As a hospice social worker I provide organization, empathy and teaching skills to ensure patient/client and family are prepared for the end life transitional phase by understanding specific resources that may be available for their benefit. As well as strategizing problem solving techniques to solve any concerns or issues that may arise. I also have experience in Bereavement support.
- Hospice Social Worker at A-Assure Hospice
- Medical Home Health and Hospice Social Worker at Williams Consultants Services
- Social Work Intern (Meals on Wheels Specialist) at Interfaith Ministries
- Office Manager at GMAC Healthcare
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Social Work
- - General Coursework
Hospice social worker with caseload of approximately 45 patients. Responsibilities include completion of psychosocial assessments, follow-up visits, counseling patients and families around end of life issues, life review with patients, coordination of patient's needs/status, referrals to community agencies to improve quality of life and care of patients. Responsible for development of plan of care based on patient's identified needs. Member of interdisciplinary team. Train and mentor other Social work staff. On call Social Worker for evening and weekend crisis intervention.
- Hospice Social Worker at Serenity Hospice
- Qualified Social Worker, Adoption Support Team at London Borough of Newham, East Ham
- Independent Qualified Social Worker at Adoption Team
- Social Worker, Abuse Hotline at State of Texas
5 years at this Job
- Masters in Social Work - Social Work
- B.A. - Psychology
Provides emotional and bereavement support, effective problem solving strategies, psychoeducation and Cognitive Behavioral therapy to patients and families for a positive End of Life experience. Participates as a member of the hospice multi-disciplinary team to promote team centered approach to patient care. Performs comprehensive bio psychosocial assessments to address the relationship between the patient and the family's psychosocial functioning, care giving abilities and environmental issues as related to End of Life. Identifies strengths and issues of adult and geriatric patients and their support systems. Develops implements and evaluates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as needed. Recommends additional home health care services and community services as necessary. Initiates and/or attends client care conferences when needed to assure appropriate effective and safe patient care. Documents patient visits accurately and timely, using outcome measures and documentation tools to facilitate the physicians orders for service. Preceptor for newly hired Social Workers through training and supervision. Facilitates the application of theory to practice for employees insuring safe ethical and quality Social Work interventions with patients and their families. Provides agency in-service opportunities to community partners in areas of hospice partnerships, quality dementia care, stress management, working with difficult families and family dynamics.
- Hospice Social Worker at Masonicare Home Health and Hospice
- Per Diem Medical Social Worker at Masonicare Home Health and Hospice
- Visiting Nurses at Lower Valley
- Hospice Social Worker at Bon Secours Health System Hospice Care
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Masters in Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelors of Science
Participated actively with interdisciplinary groups/teams, collaborated with a wide variety of nurses and other social work colleagues.
- Hospice Social Worker at Covenant Care Hospice
- Medical Social Worker at Emerald Coast Hospice
- Medical Social Worker at Guardian Angel Hospice Lafayette
- Adjunct Professor at Purdue University
10 months at this Job
- Master of Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
• Preform Comprehensive Psychosocial Assessments
• Participate in Interdisciplinary team approach to providing care
• Master working with individuals of multicultural backgrounds
• Ensure compliance with Medicare standards and regulations
• Advise coworkers regarding patients’ social needs
- Hospice Social Worker at Lutheran Hospice
- Staples Sales Associate at Staples
- Cashier at BI-LO
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Master's - Social Work
- Bachelor's - Social Work
Social Work Case Manager and Liason for patients and families during end of life Care. Provided education, information, and resources for Home Care and inpatient needs. Worked within a multi disciplinary team of doctors, nurses, volunteers, Chaplains, and aides as well as area nursing homes and other community entities to provide ongoing care and support. Met with patients and families to provide Bereavement Counseling. Assisted clients in varying ways including guidance in pursuing insurance coverage, living wills, POA status, guardianship applications,etc. I obtained my Kentucky Social Work License and Kentucky Notary Certification.
- Hospice Social Worker at Compassionate Care Center. Hospice Care Plus
- Medical Social Worker and Discharge Planner at Pattie A. Clay Hospital and Baptist Health Richmond
- Mental Health Social Work Coordinator at Christian Church Homes of Ky
- Hospice Social Worker at
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Social Work
• Assess patients/family emotional and social factors to determine whether a client has adequate coping skills.
• Provide linkage to programs and resources that clients may benefit from.
• Provide individual counseling and support services.
• Establish goals and revise intervention.
• Maintain records by keeping case notes for each individual client.
• Work within an interdisciplinary team.
• Facilitate patient hospice admission by collaborating with medical personal and patients/ families.
• Update knowledge by attending trainings and conducting research to remain current in the Health field.
- Medical Hospice Social Worker at Lehigh Valley Hospice- Pocono
- Blended Case Manager, Crossroads Community Services at Division Of Resources for Human Development
- at Direct Support Professional (DSP), Fitzmaurice Community Services
1 year, 5 months at this Job
• Assess patient family psychosocial, spiritual, grief, and educational needs
• Advocate for patient and family goals
• Coordinate discharge planning in collaboration with patient, family, homecare, and IDT
• Anticipate and respond to patient/family psychosocial, spiritual, resource, or grief needs.
• Collaborate with IDT and patient/family to develop, implement, and revise individualized plan of care in the EHR
• Intervene, document, and report significant changes in condition to appropriate IDT such as clinical by abuse, neglect, suicidal intent, or harmful coping mechanisms.
• Assist with Health Care Power of Attorney, Guardianship, and HCPOA capability and competency assessment.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of community, legal, Agrace, and hospice specific resources.
• Provide appropriate education and interventions for patient/family based on clinical assessment and patient and family goals. Evaluate the interventions and adjust to meet needs.
• Facilitate communication among patients, families, and Agrace staff.
- Hospice Social Worker at Agrace Hospice
- Community Support Specialist at Catholic Charities
- Owner at Work Harmony Consulting
- Community Support Specialist at Dreamweavers, Inc
1 month at this Job
- Master of Science in Leadership - Leadership
- - Business
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work - Social Work