Hospice Social Worker consisting of providing emotional support to patients and families in end-of-life care, providing resources on funeral arrangements and in home care, collaborating with nursing care, hospice team, and facility staff.
- Hospice Social Worker at Residential Home Health and Residential Hospice
- Medical Social Worker at Detroit Medical Center - Sinai Grace Hospital
- Receptionist/Office Assistant at Rochester Medical Group
- Medical Social Work Intern at Detroit Medical Center - Sinai Grace Hospital
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master's - Social Work & Certificate in Gerontology
- Bachelor's - Social Work
- High school
I am currently a MSW, Hospice Social Worker. I work as part of an interdisciplinary team comprised of RNs, NPs, MD, chaplains and CNAs. Together, we work as a team for the whole person and their care. I develop care plans, schedule care plan meetings and provide psychosocial and emotional support in various ways to include life review, socialization and goal setting and achievement. I also work closely with the RNs to maintain compliance both for the state and for Medicare. I have worked on a variety of challenging cases that included abuse, patient compliance and exacerbated grief.
- Hospice Social Worker at Brookdale Hospice
- SENIOR LIVING ADVISOR at A PLACE FOR MOM
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR and RD Pro Tem at ALTERRA
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- MASTER - SOCIAL WORK
- BS & BSW - Dual degree, BS in Sociology and BSW in Social Work
Ross Health Care, Ponca City, Oklahoma Hospice Social Worker in Kay/Grant/Payne/Osage counties. Providing assistance to patients and their families facing terminal illnesses, including social work assessments for emotional, psycho/social, financial and community resource needs to ensure a quality end of life experience. Right Way Medical, Ponca City, Oklahoma Program Director for medication assisted treatment and counseling clinic. Responsible for the efficient and effective operations of the clinic, including clinical matters, fiscal viability and physical plant issue. Supervised the clinic's operations according to the organization's administrative and clinical protocols, as well as all applicable federal and state regulations. Also provided direct addiction counseling services to adult patients and family members. Hospice of North Central Oklahoma, Ponca City, Oklahoma Social Services Specialist, providing assistance to patients and their families facing terminal illnesses, including social work assessments for emotional, psycho/social, financial and community resource needs to ensure a quality end of life experience. Also providing bereavement counseling and emotional support to families after loss of loved one with individual sessions and working in groups as support group facilitator. Vision Quest Marketing, Stillwater, Oklahoma Trainer, Supervisor, Auditor, Telephone Sales Representative for an outbound call center. Physical call center closed in June 2009; transitioned to virtual call center at home. Responsible for employee recruiting, interviewing, training, motivating and coaching. B Calculated payroll and incentive bonuses, entered daily excel reports of goals achieved in relation to client call flow needs and scheduled personnel to meet those needs.
- Hospice Social Worker at Ross Health Care
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology and Sociology - Psychology and Sociology
Managed a caseload of 40+ hospice patients. Educated patients and families about hospice services, and provided assistance and social support. Facilitated goals of care discussions with patients and families, and assisted in advanced care planning. Performed culturally competent psychosocial evaluations and transitions of care.
- Hospice Social Worker at Abode Hospice
- Senior Milieu Therapist at Eating Disorder Center
- MSW Clinical Intern at University of Denver
- Clinical Research Assistant - Graduate Work Study Program at University of Denver
2 years at this Job
- Masters of Social Work - Clinical
- Bachelors of Science - Physical Education
- Certificate - Trauma Counseling
1. As a hospice social worker,I worked with families and patients in their homes and/or in a facility where the patient is living. 2. Counseled patients and families about end of life issues and addressed questions they may have regarding what to expect as their loved one is declining. 3. Arranged outside appointments for dialysis patients. 4. Spoke with patients about issues that were on their minds while they were receiving their treatment .
- Hospice Social Worker Social worker at Dialysis Center at Beacon Hospice
5 years at this Job
- Master's - Social Work
- - Social work
- Master's - social work
• Treat patients and their families with respect and dignity.
• Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and families. Interacts with patient/ family regarding the information of the plan of care.
• Work as a multidisciplinary team to direct social services within a team of nurses, chaplains, and cnas to ensure patients' needs are met and hospice policies followed.
• Documentation meets current standards and policies.
• Performs consultative services with other social workers on regularly, which includes review of care rendered and recommendations for changes in service delivery.
• Responsible for training new hires
• Provide case management to patients and families/ links to resources as appropriate
- Hospice Social Worker at High Desert Hospice
- Adjunct Instructor at New Mexico Highlands University
- Methadone Counselor at Albuquerque Health Services
- Victim Advocate Services Coordinator at Valencia County, NM
1 year, 10 months at this Job
General hospice social work responsibilities for a start-up hospice agency.
- Hospice Social Worker at SouthernCare Hospice
- Geriatric Care Manager at St Camillus
- Clinical Director at Stowell Associates
- Administrator of Operations at West Park Place
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelor of Social Work - Social Work
Medical Social Worker – Volunteer Kaiser Permanente, Riverside, CA July 2017 – present Deliver social work services to Hospice patients and the families. Attend all Home Health Care Meetings. Provide initial emotional, spiritual, psycho-social assessments. Counsel family members in group and individual settings. Seek community resources for patients and family members. Assist with after life arrangements.
- Hospice Social Worker Volunteer at Kaiser Permanente
- Litigation Paralegal at Madeksho Law Firm
- Hospice Social Worker at Compassionate Care Hospice
- Social Worker APS/IHSS at County of Riverside
at this Job
- Master's - Social Work
- Certificate of Legal Assistantship - Legal Assistantship
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Responsible for working collaboratively with Palliative Care Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Hospital Nursing Staff, RN
Case Managers, other Medical Staff, Home Health and Hospice Liaisons, and community providers to provide specialized and personalized medical care with the focus of managing patient's symptoms, pain, and stress as well as providing
support for the family.
• Medical and Hospice Social Worker
• Assist with creating Palliative care program with Director of Home health and hospice as well as assisted with transitioning patients from home health to hospice program
• Perform an assessment of each new Hospice patients psychosocial status and develops a plan of care based on the identified problems, include patients family /caregiver in the assessment if applicable
• Create a therapeutic framework for effective problem solving with patient and family. Responds to patient/family needs related to adjustment to illness, disability, critical care issues, acceptance of discharge recommendations, need for long-term care placement, end-of-life, grief, trauma, abuse and neglect, substance abuse, and mental health issues
• Provides initial and ongoing information to the Hospice case manager and Hospice Team regarding identified problems and participates
• Participates in Hospice Interdisciplinary Team Conference
• Assists in the orientation of Social workers and Social worker assistants as requested the Hospice Director
• Provides and documents supervision on individual social work assistants, including documentation review and case consultation during their introductory period and on a ongoing basis ad required by Agency policy and as requested by the Director of Hospice
• Coordinates with care facilities social worker when Agency patients are in a care facility. Arranges facility placement for respite as indicated
• Assisted patients and families in obtaining needed community resources
- Medical Social Worker/Hospice Social Worker at VISITING NURSES ASSOCIATION OF THE INLAND COUNTIES
- Medical Social Worker at VISITING NURSES ASSOCIATION OF THE INLAND COUNTIES
- Rehab/Home Health/Hospice Social Worker at CORONA REGIONAL REHIBILITATION CENTER
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master - Social Worker
- B.S. - Criminal Justice
Assessed and addressed the physical, psychological, social, emotional and spiritual effects of living with a terminal condition
• Collaborated with the interdisciplinary team to best meet the needs of both patient and family
• Provided education on hospice services and performed necessary service consents
• Arranged assistance for removing barriers (financial, emotional, practical)
- Hospice Social Worker at Homestead Hospice - Cartersville
- PRN Weekend Social Worker/Case Manager at Eastside Medical Center
- Hospice Social Worker at Visiting Nurse Health System
- Hospice Care Consultant at Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Social Work
- Master's - Social Work