As a hospital administrator I code invoices for accounts payable, keep track of revenue and purchasing, participate in the completion of our hospital profit and loss statement every month, order inventory as well as office supplies, budget for each month and upcoming year and communicate with employees regarding human resources issues. I also make sure that the schedules serve the hospital's needs, schedule doctor's meeting as to not interfere with their appointment and surgery schedules, meet with multiple representatives of other companies regarding new products, and interact with clients regarding any problems. In addition to being the hospital administrator, I am also the lead receptionist. I schedule clients, answer a multiple line phone, triage patients, relay messages to doctors, clean the hospital and check patients out at the end of their appointment,
- Hospital Administrator at Kenmore Veterinary Hospital
- Medical Records Clerk at Puget Sound Gastroenterology at Kirkland
- Medical Receptionist at Puget Sound Gastroenterology at Kirkland
- Medical Receptionist at Bellingham Breast Center
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- - Healthcare Management
- Certificate - Veterinary Practice Management
- - Psychology
Just finished course for Certified Medical Transcription. I have also worked transcription in the past, I was just never certified. Sept 2016-Current-Highland Park Animal Hospital
Position Held: Hospital Administrator
• Manage finances for 3 practices
• Manage over 50 employees
• Answer phones
• Front/back office duties
• Check in/out clients
• Daily and monthly closing
- Hospital Administrator at Medical Transcription
- Hospital Administrator at Highland Park Animal Hospital
- Business Manager at Scott Suggs Show Horses
- Client Coordinator at Sante' Medical Aesthetics
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Some college
Oversee daily hospital function including but not limited to accounts receivable, building maintenance, marketing, client satisfaction and human resources
● Create, revise and enforce hospital policies resulting in fair treatment of all team members
● Developed and implemented new inventory systems resulting in better product control, ordering accuracy and more specific documentation
● Implemented routine evaluation meetings with all team members to establish individual goals, training and responsibility levels
● Implemented new internal communication system to improve hospital fluidity
● Develop and conduct routine staff meetings focused on enhancing staff knowledge, teamwork and superior customer service skills
● Establish and maintain communications with various pharmaceutical and business representatives with a focus on building mutually beneficial relationships
● Eliminate reputational and operational risks through ensuring the hospital remains in compliance with OSHA, DEA, & FDA standards
● Perform human resource activities: recruitment, development, and separation management of staff (if needed)
● Govern renovation & construction projects affecting all aspects of the hospital operations
● Effectively create and manage weekly schedules for 20+ employees
- Hospital Administrator at Steele Creek Animal Hospital
- Office Manager at Foster Animal Hospital, P.A
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Management operational functions for a general hospital facility. Monitor and maintain quality services and compliance levels with regulatory agencies; Medicare Department of Health, JCAHO, and others. Assist in the coordination and manage all stages of project and business development for new services, certificates of need (CON), hospital expansions, feasibility studies, planning, financing, forecasting, real estate acquisitions, financial reporting, and expert witness service at the Department of Health of Puerto Rico. Process of planning, organizing, coordinating, controlling, reviewing, evaluating, and improving medical, administrative, and support operations of the medical facility.
- Hospital Administrator at Hospital Del Maestro
- Professor Adjunct of the School of Public Health, Administration of Healthcare Services at University of Puerto Rico
- 3G Healthcare and business analyst at Salud Integral de la Montaña (SIM)
- Professor of the School of Entrepreneurship and Management (AHORA Program) at Sistema Universitario Ana G. Méndez
10 months at this Job
- Doctor degree in Business Administration - Medical Sciences Campus
- Master in Healthcare Services Administration - Medical Sciences
- Master in Business Administration-Master - Healthcare Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Computer Mathematics
May 2006 to January 2019. Part time in 2006 then full time in ICU or Nursing Administration as needed by hospital since January 2007. Included working with nursing agency contracts, scheduling and billing. Designated hospital administrator in off hours. Did staffing, participated in all codes and RRTs, assessed and resolved problems involving staff, patients, families, physicians and the physical building. Active in starting a Research Committee and was Co-chair for 2 years. Performed audits of hospital records for quality improvement and to prepare for The Joint Commission visits. Attended leadership meetings and did Behavioral Interviewing for potential employees. Acted as clinical resource person/preceptor for new ICU nurses. Provided monthly online articles to ICU nurses and hospital wide for staff to read. Resigned due to recent relocation. Medical Center of Plano
- Designated hospital administrator at Medical Center of Plano
- at Baylor Scott and White Carrollton
- PBDS coach, Charge RN at
- at Dr. Tom Neel, MD
12 years, 8 months at this Job
- BS in Biology - Biology
- BS in Nursing - Nursing
- MS in Nursing as Women - Nursing as Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
• Oversight of the daily operations of a 60 bed (two campus) Psychiatric Treatment Facility providing inpatient and outpatient treatment for the Adult and Geriatric population.
• Actively recruited one local physician for the medical staff.
• Success completion of LDH re-survey of the hospital in February of 2018. Accomplishments
• Exceeding average daily census and admission goals.
• Implementing Adult Substance Abuse treatment inpatient unit.
• Implementing Adult Outpatient Substance abuse outpatient treatment (IOP).
- Hospital Administrator at Oceans Behavioral Hospital of Lake Charles
- Chief Executive Officer, Longleaf at Acadia Healthcare
- Chief Executive Officer, Saint Simons by-the-Sea at Universal Health Services
- Chief Executive Officer, Interim at Saint Simons by-the-Sea
10 months at this Job
The Deputy Hospital Administrator (DHA) is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the operations of the hospital. The hospital has succeeded in maintaining greater than 98% census while reducing lengths of stay. The DHA develops and manages a $43,000,000 operating budget for the facility with a 9% reduction in operating costs. The DHA has a strong role in regulatory compliance for CMS and Joint Commission with cutting edge experience in risk mitigation strategies.
- Deputy Hospital Administrator at Anoka Metro Regional Treatment Center
- Division Director of Health and Safety at AMRTC
- Safety Officer at Grand Strand Regional Medical Center
- Chief Operating Officer at Strategic Behavioral Health
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Health Science, Cum Laude - Health Science
- Associate of Arts
354 bed capacity /Inpatient Mental Health Hospital
• Responsible for directing daily operations and activities of patient care and treatment at the facility.
• Assists in developing and expanding programs or services for patient health and welfare promotions.
• Assists with fiscal operations, such as budget planning, authorizing expenditures for hospital services and coordinating financial reports in absence of Facility Administrator. Attends P&L monthly.
• Ensures adequate hiring and training of personnel assigned to the facility in areas of assigned responsibility.
• Complaisance and Quality Improvement strong experienced noted
• Assists in negotiating improvements and additions to the facility's building, tools, and equipment.
• Coordinates activities of medical, nursing, maintenance and human resources personnel.
• Develops policies and procedures for various hospital activities. Ensures staffs comply with rules and regulations of the company, Department of Children and Families, Agency for Healthcare Administration, and The Joint Commission.
• Familiar with DHEC, NCCHC and accreditation TJC agency guidelines.
• At the direction of the Hospital Administrator, represents establishment within and outside of the company parameters.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Directs reports are but not limited to: Dietary Management, Facility Management, Psychology, Social Work, Risk Management, Performance Improvement., etc
• Trained Ethical and Professional Investigator
• Approved all Correction Action Plans for the facility concerning clinical issues
• Compliance and Performance knowledge with experience of performance indicator dashboards, RCA's, performance task forces for patient safety and improve quality of care
- Hospital Administrator/Compliance at CCRS Correct Care Recovery Solutions
- Campus- Adjunct Faculty at South University
- Healthcare Administrator at Columbia Care Center
- Director of Mental Health at Columbia Care Center
10 years, 2 months at this Job
- Doctor of Health Sciences - Health Sciences
- Master of Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts - Social Work
Inova is a global leader in personalized health, which leverages precision medicine to predict, prevent and treat disease, enabling individuals to live longer, healthier lives. Inova serves more than two million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond. Inova's hospitals include more than 1,800 licensed beds and 17,000 employees. Inova-Fair Oaks Hospital Fairfax, VA 04/2018- Present
Human Resources Director/Associate Hospital Administrator
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital has 182 inpatient beds and serves the rapidly growing suburbs of Northern Virginia. Reporting directly to the VP of Human Resources, I serve on the hospital senior leadership team. Overseeing employee relations, training and change management. Support over 1500 employees, with 3 direct reports.
• Serve as the Strategic HRBP for Executive Leaders, Technology and Finance teams.
• Implemented employee engagement council program to improve morale and retention.
• Oversee the Executive Engagement Committee.
• Analyze and report on monthly HR metrics.
• Serve on the ERP selection and implementation transition team from Lawson to Oracle.
• Ensure compliance to meet Joint Commission, Magnet and other accrediting body standards. Howard University Howard University is a federally chartered, private, doctoral research extensive university located in Washington, DC. Howard has an enrollment of approximately 11,000 students in its undergraduate, graduate, professional, and joint degree programs, which span more than 120 areas of study within 13 schools and colleges.
- Human Resources Director/Associate Hospital Administrator at Inova-Fair Oaks Hospital
- Human Resources Manager at Howard University
- Human Resources Director at Universal Health Services, Inc
- at Universal Health Services, Inc
11 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Human Resources Administration
- Bachelor of Science - HR Management
• Operational and financial oversight of a 5 DVM, 35 staff private practice hospital
• Management of Hospital managers and 4 department managers
• Implementing IT structure improvements and communications upgrades
• Oversight of DVM/paraprofessional recruiting, hiring and management
• Creating customer service and technician service standards and SOP structure
- Hospital Administrator at St. Johns Veterinary Hospital
- Practice Manager at Midway Animal Hospital
- Clinic Manager at Animal Humane New Mexico
- Hospital Administrator at Advanced Veterinary Specialists
11 months at this Job
- - Real Estate Law & Practice
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management