It is encouraging to look back and see the Lord's hand in leading and directing over the years. It has been an honor to serve Him in a number of capacities. For the last fifteen years, this has entailed being the pastor of the Douglas Island Bible Church in Juneau, AK.
MINISTRY EXPERIENCE: 2003 to Present Pastor of the Douglas Island Bible Church - Juneau AK.
As the capital to the state of Alaska, Juneau is a very transient community. There are state and federal jobs, as well as the Coast Guard and a small Navy base. Mining provides for a big part of the economy as well. While serving here, experience has been gained in the following areas:
• Preaching and Teaching.
• Hospital Chaplain
• Bible Study leader.
• Facilitating of various video studies.
• Fire Department Chaplain
• Chaplain for a week or two each year to the Legislature of the State of Alaska. This primarily involves opening their sessions in prayer, either for the House or the Senate side of the state government.
• Management / Administration of church business.
• Communication with congregation and outside interests.
• Home Visitation.
• Designed and put into place the current church web site.
• Speaker at local Bible Camp.
• Counseling has been limited, as one of the board members serves as a Biblical Counselor.
• Attending and being a part of the local evangelical ministerial association.
• Singing solos and song leading as needed has been part in this pastor's ministry. Sermons are sometimes concluded with a solo that fits the theme of that message. Having a wife who plays piano has been a big help in a number of ways.
• Awana Club started, and currently serving as the Director of that program.
- Hospital Chaplain at Church Web Site
- Camp Manager / Director at Crescent Lake Bible Camp
- Area Missionary at American Missionary Fellowship
16 years at this Job
- Master of Arts of Ministry Degree - Other Miscellaneous
- Diploma - Licensed Practical Nurse
- High School Diploma
o Responsible for three medicine units and twenty four hour full hospital coverage as on call chaplain o Visitation utilizing spiritual assessments and crisis intervention with patients and family members o Documenting all pertinent chaplain activities under HIPPA laws o Providing a spiritual presence through interfaith worship experiences
- Hospital Chaplain Resident at Yale New Haven Hospital
- o Supervised staff as senior pastor at Middlebury Congregational Church
- o Supervised staff as senior pastor at Buckingham Congregational Church
- o Supervised staff as senior pastor at Bethany-Peace United Church of Christ
1 year at this Job
- - Clinical Pastoral Education
- Doctor of Ministry - Theology
- M.A. - History
- B.A. - history
I serve as a Member of the Hospital Team and provide emotional and spiritual for the patient's, families and hospital staff.
• Provided spiritual and emotional support during visits with patients and family member in area assigned area
• Respond to all codes, P-1 Traumas and P-1 Medical and provide support to staff, patient and families
• Attend all deaths and provided spiritual support, assist with MTN donation, and coordinate with family choice of funeral home and follow up with release of remains
• Support family at end of life meetings with medical staff
• Make Palliative Care visits and provide spiritual and bereavement support
• Provided taxi vouchers, food vouchers and prescription need request
• Lead spiritual groups six times a week in Adult Behavior Mental Health Units and one in Geriatric Psychiatric Unit, conducted over 1400 groups
- Hospital Chaplain at Freeman Health Systems
- Hospice Chaplain at Hospice Compassus
- Bereavement Coordinator at Three Rivers Hospice
- Hospice Chaplain at Good Shepherd Hospice
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- Masters of Ministry - Ministry
- B.S. - Psychology
- Honor Graduate Degree
- A.A. - Criminal Justice
Provide pastoral care in crisis situations at the patient's bedside. Respond to all deaths that occur in the hospital. Support patients as they journey through their hospital stay.
- Hospital Chaplain ( On call) at Providence Seaside Hospital
- Psychiatric Crisis Clinician at Clatsop Behavioral Health
- Chaplain at Hospice of North Idaho
- Program Director - Veterans Programs at Ridgewood Bushwick Senior Citizens Council
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- - 5 Units CPE
- Master of Divinity (M.Div) - Religion and Society
- M.Ed - Counseling
- BS - Political Science
- Hospital Chaplain at Feather River hospital
- Chaplain/Bereavement Coordinator at California Hospice Care
- at Pastor
- Administrative Assistant at SDA World Headquarters
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Masters of Divinity
- B.A. - Religion
Duties and Responsibilities: Provided pastoral care and counseling assessments to patients of all beliefs and cultures. Trained and educated patients with decision making on ethical or end of life issues. Provided extensive trauma, grief and loss support for patients of all cultures and beliefs. Provided age specific pastoral care and counseling assessments. Provided on-going recruitment and training for the Pastoral Care Volunteers and communion ministers. Organized and led special services, such as Ash Wednesday and Blessing of the Hands. Assisted with the facilitation of the brain Injury support groups. Organized and led ecumenical worship and special services.
- Hospital Chaplain at Lurie Children Hospital of Chicago, and Mount Sinai Hospital Chicago
- Behavioral Health Counselor at GlenOaks Hospital
- Behavioral Health Counselor at Saint Bernard Hospital
- Therapeutic Child Care Worker at Lutherbrook
12 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Healthcare Management
- Certificate - Long Term Care Management
- Master of Divinity (M Div) - Theology/ Religious Studies/ Ethics
- Masters of Arts (MA) in Theology / Social Justice - Theology/ Religious Studies
- Clinical Pastoral Education (Chaplaincy)
• Provide emotional, psychological, religious, and spiritual support to patients and family members of all faiths during crisis and life events.
• Guide patients, family members, and employees of all faiths process issues of suffering and death.
• Call upon personal theology and pastoral theory when necessary to help others navigate difficult circumstances in life.
• Listen, empathize, and care for patients, family members, and employees.
- Hospital Chaplain - Part-time at Methodist Hospital
- Chaplain at Marketplace Chaplains USA
- Pulpit supply at Westheimer Community Church
- Missions Leader at senttotheworld.org
5 months at this Job
- Doctor of Ministry - Pastoral/Missional Leadership
- Masters of Divinity - Divinity
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Financial Management
Provide Spiritual support and care to patients, families and staff in a 230 bed Level 2 Terciary Care hospital. Floor Assignments Telemetry and Medical-Surgical/Oncology
- Hospital Chaplain at Carondelt St Mary's Hospital
- Mental Health Specialist at AZI DEMAT
- Minister at Desert Dove Christian Church
- Funeral Arranger at Hdeather Mortuary
10 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Divinity - Pastoral Care and Counseling
- BA - PSYCHOLOGY AND SOCIOLOGY
Praying for families that has suffered loss and need comforting Supporting staff in the emergency room
- Intern Hospital Chaplain at Children's Medical Center Hospital
- Nurse Aide at Corinth Rehabilitation Suites
- Field Insurance Agent at American Income Life Insurance
- Certified Nurse Aide at The Vintage Health Care Center
1 year at this Job
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry - Chaplaincy
- Master's Degree in Communications and Divinity - Communications and Divinity
- Bachelor Degree in Television Communication - Television Communication
- Associates Degree in Liberal Arts - Liberal Arts
- Certificate in Medical Coding
45 hours/week Provided spiritual care for patients, families and staff. Guided spiritual/religious rituals,
- HOSPITAL CHAPLAIN at ABOU
- YOUTH COORDINATOR at ELEZZ
- Badged volunteer at FAITH SPEAKER
- RESIDENT ASSISTANT at RUTGERS UNIVERSITY
1 year at this Job
- MASTERS OF RELIGION - Theory and Methods of Religion
- BACHELORS OF PSYCHOLOGY - Neuropsychology and Abnormal Psychology