• Provide the following services to patients and/or families: case management, psychosocial assessment, and crisis intervention
• Complete 5150 assessments and applications for patients when appropriate
• Prioritize daily caseloads based on patient risk factors in a high stress, fast paced environment
• Collaborate with colleagues to develop protocols for working with vulnerable populations, i.e. homeless persons, children/adolescent psychiatric patients, patients with neurocognitive disorders, and high frequency users of emergency services
• Collaborate with nurses, doctors, and administrators to develop more efficient ways to assess patient psychosocial and case management needs while decreasing wait times and length of stay
• Read, analyze, and implement hospital policies and state laws applicable to my position as a medical social worker
- Hospital Social Worker at Dignity Health - Methodist Hospital
- Psychiatric Social Worker at CDCR
- Psychiatric Social Work Intern at CA Department of State Hospitals (DSH) - Vacaville Psychiatric Program (VPP)
- Clinical Social Work Intern at Rubicon Programs
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Social Work - Direct Practice
- Master of Public Health - Health Promotion and Community Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology and English
• Appointed as a float Social Worker with diversity of experience with patients in trauma, the ICU and burn as well as orthopedic surgery and medical/surgical patients.
• Assesses psycho-social needs of each patient upon admission and during continued stay by collaborating with multi-disciplinary health care team to formulate and implement patient care plan.
• Establishes social work goals that aid in managing identified problems.
• Provides brief short-term psychotherapy and supportive social work services to help patients adjust and cope with their medical and/or emotional condition and the environment and provides ongoing case management.
• Records evaluation data, progress notes and interventions including patient and family responses in a timely manner and participates in quality and performance improvement measures.
• Evaluates and assesses each patients for current or recent lethality towards self or others.
• Provides education on Advance Directives and completes forms with patients and reviews patients Advance Directives on a weekly basis in accordance with regulations.
• Facilitates discharge planning and refers patients to external agencies and facilities including nursing homes, inpatient rehabilitation centers, home health care, assisted living, health homes, care coordinators, medical equipment companies and other health care agencies to facilitate adherence to the care plan.
• Coordinates patients discharge disposition, transportation and continuity of care services by scheduling follow-up appointments and identifying resources/funds to finance medications, medical equipment and other needed services.
• Provides education to patients and family on how to navigate health system to empower them to utilize services.
- Hospital Social Worker at ERIE COUNTY MEDICAL CENTER CORPORATION
- Senior Counselor II Per-Diem / Senior Counselor II / Counselor / Associate Counselor at HORIZON VILLAGE TERRACE HOUSE
- Social Work Intern, Advanced Year Field-Placement at ROSWELL PARK COMPREHENSIVE CANCER CENTER
- School Social Worker Intern, Foundational Year Field at UNIVERSITY AT BUFFALO EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY CENTER
10 months at this Job
- Master of Social Work - Social Work
Conducts psychosocial assessments of patient's needs while demonstrating competency, proficiency, knowledge, and skill necessary to provide care based on the dynamics unique to everyone's social, emotional, environmental, financial, and support needs ❖ Implement crisis intervention for patients in mental health crises, grief, loss, and neglect/abuse ❖ Provide individuals, families, and groups with the psychosocial support needed to cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses ❖ Demonstrate knowledge and competency to appropriately serve a wide range of patients in various settings to include but not limited to Emergency Room, Trauma, and Medical & Surgical ICU, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Labor & Delivery, Pediatrics, Oncology, Neurology ICU ❖ Assists in discharge planning patients to various settings to include but not limited to rehabilitation hospitals, mental health/inpatient psychiatric facilities, skilled nursing facilities, and home ❖ Demonstrates the ability and knowledge to formulate and implement an effective and efficient discharge plan conducive to the continued recovery of the patient from a medical illness or injury as well as the resulting emotional, physical, or psychological concerns ❖ Works with the patient's family and other service provider agencies to develop a plan for care of the patient in his or her home or other living arrangements to ensure patients recover and achieve optimal well-being ❖ Demonstrates current knowledge base in regulatory agency requirements, Medicare (CMS), Medicaid, SSI, Referral Resources ❖ Adheres to Social Work Ethical Core Values to assist in meeting the cultural, spiritual, education, and psychosocial needs of patients and families ❖ Presented at Safeguarding our Seniors Conference with 50+ employees on behalf of Christus Mother Frances Case Management Department on the roles and responsibilities of Hospital Social Workers
- Hospital Social Worker at Christus Trinity Mother Frances Health System
- Graduate Level Intern at Christus Trinity Mother Frances Health System
- Social Work Intern Supervisor at Texas A&M University-Central Texas
- Care Transitions Coach at Baylor Scott and White Health System
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelor of Social Work - Social Work
- Associate of Arts
• Collaborate with hospital clinical staff and management to coordinate care on a surgical floor; responsible for 24-32 beds. Assist with complex ethical, psychosocial, logistical, and financial discharge planning problems.
• Communicate compassionately with patients and families in highly stressful circumstances to plan together for safety and continuation of healthcare upon leaving the hospital setting.
• Engage clients by using de-escalation skills, Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Solution-Focused Therapy techniques.
• Improve overall patient care and health outcomes by performing comprehensive assessments of client systems, including biological, psychological, social, spiritual, and environmental factors, and sharing that information with the care team.
• Quickly and effectively document interactions with patients via telephone and in-person through the Electronic Health Records (EHR) system (EPIC); facilitate communication between team members and coordinate patient care.
- Hospital Social Worker/Care Coordinator at UNC Rex Healthcare
- Social Work Intern/Care Manager at UNC Family Medicine
- Graduate Intern Therapist at Youth Opportunities
- Resident Advisor at [email protected] Living-Learning Community
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
ER Social Worker. Also worked as mental health therapist on psychiatric unit.
- ER Hospital Social Worker LCSW at University Health Shreveport
- Clinical Director/Therapist/Social Worker at Ocean's Behavioral Hospital
- Social Services-PRN/Community Liaison/Therapist at Jordan's Crossing Hospice
- Regional Manager/Therapist/Social Worker at Rehab Services of CENLA
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Social Work - Clinical and Rural Focus
- Bachelors of Social Work
- Associates - General Studies
o Performed psychosocial assessment interviews with patients and families of diverse backgrounds and documented findings in the patient's medical record. o Participated in discharge planning by identifying and intervening in cases with psychosocial complexity and collaborated with physicians, support liaisons and other interdisciplinary team members to assess, plan and coordinate care needs. o Identified and mobilized patient and family strengths to optimize use of healthcare and community resources in order to assist in transitioning patients along the continuum of care. o Provided crisis intervention and short-term counseling with patients and made referrals to community resources as appropriate.
- Hospital Social Worker at
- Child Welfare Worker at Family, Youth and Children Services
8 months at this Job
- Master of Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Psychology
• Work as a member of the case management team to provide social work services for patients.
• Conduct assessments and determine patients' needs at discharge.
• Responsible for coordinating discharges that are multifaceted (need for home health care, hospice services, nursing facility placements.)
• Complete CSSRS (suicide screening tool) to determine need for patient's safety while hospitalized.
• Member of Behavioral Healthcare Management team.
• Provide resource guides and information about community services for patients and family members.
- Hospital Social Worker at Licking Memorial Health Systems
- at Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction
- PASSPORT Case Manager at Area Agency on Aging
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work - Social Work
Alma, Michigan. Responsibilities: Discharge planning, utilization management, provide family counseling to adult and geriatric patients on the psychiatric unit; formulate and implement individualized treatment plans; actively participate on a multidisciplinary treatment team. September 2013 - Present.
- Hospital Social Worker at Gratiot Community Hospital
- Supervisor at Community Mental Health for Central Michigan
- Supervisor of Children's Services at Gratiot County Community Mental
- Emergency Room On-Call Therapist at Gratiot Community Hospital
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- M.S.W. - Social Work
- BS. - Psychology
Complete social assessment with patients in an effort to discharge home safely. Gaining authorizations through insurance companies to help with placement into nursing homes or skilled nursing facilities. Provide support and community resources for patients struggling with domestic violence, substance abuse, homelessness, grief, and minimal medical care. Set up outside resources like nurses for newborns, parents as teachers, etc for new mothers who minimal support. Advocate for the patient during their hospital stay to ensure they are getting the service they need to remain healthy and safe within their community.
Complete social assessment with patients in an effort to discharge home safely.
Gaining authorizations through insurance companies to help with placement into nursing homes or skilled nursing facilities.
Provide support and community resources for patients struggling with domestic violence, substance abuse, homelessness, grief, and minimal medical care.
Set up outside resources like nurses for newborns, parents as teachers, etc for new mothers who minimal support.
Advocate for the patient during their hospital stay to ensure they are getting the service they need to remain healthy and safe within their community.
- Hospital Social Worker at Mercy Hospital
- Licensing foster care recruiter at Hoyleton Ministries
- Practicum Student at Heartlinks Grief Center
- Practicum Student at Memorial Hospital
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Master's - Social Work
- Master's - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor's - Social Work
Psychosocial Assessments Crisis Intervention Timely and appropriate discharge planning Collaborates with interdisciplinary team on treatment plan Provides resources to patients to enhance self-determination
- Hospital Social Worker at UPMC Presbyterian-Shadyside Hospital
- MSW Direct Practice Intern at UPMC Living-At-Home/Staying-At-Home Program
- MSW Intern at North Hills Community Outreach
- Advisor at SCO - Center for Family Life
9 months at this Job
- Certificate in Gerontology
- Honors Degree - Sociology