• Provide the following services to patients and/or families: case management, psychosocial assessment, and crisis intervention
• Complete 5150 assessments and applications for patients when appropriate
• Prioritize daily caseloads based on patient risk factors in a high stress, fast paced environment
• Collaborate with colleagues to develop protocols for working with vulnerable populations, i.e. homeless persons, children/adolescent psychiatric patients, patients with neurocognitive disorders, and high frequency users of emergency services
• Collaborate with nurses, doctors, and administrators to develop more efficient ways to assess patient psychosocial and case management needs while decreasing wait times and length of stay
• Read, analyze, and implement hospital policies and state laws applicable to my position as a medical social worker
- Hospital Social Worker at Dignity Health - Methodist Hospital
- Psychiatric Social Worker at CDCR
- Psychiatric Social Work Intern at CA Department of State Hospitals (DSH) - Vacaville Psychiatric Program (VPP)
- Clinical Social Work Intern at Rubicon Programs
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Social Work - Direct Practice
- Master of Public Health - Health Promotion and Community Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology and English
• Meet with the patient and family (when possible) to complete a patient questionnaire
• Gain an understanding of what the patient's needs will be at the time of discharge
• Ensure that all team members are on the same page as to what will be in the best interest of the patient
• Provide support to the patient and the family in determining needs
• Make referrals to other agencies, providers, and facilities for the patient when needed
• Explain Advanced Directives to the patient/family. Assist with the completion of advanced directives forms as needed.
• Assist in the ER to help families during crisis, i.e. accidents/emergencies
• Console and remain with the family when a patient expires, helping make necessary calls/ contacts to other family or clergy as requested
• Help patients and their families with transition into assisted living, nursing home or other facility as needed. Notify facility when patient is to be discharged from hospital
- Hospital Social Worker at Greenwood County Hospital
- Consultant at Rodan and Fields
- Owner/Designer at Offer VHS
- Social Worker at St. Francis Community Services
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Masters Degree of Social Work - Social Work
Assist patients and families with discharge planning including, but not limited to, home health, DME, rehabilitation hospital, transfers and nursing home placement. Also serves as a resource for staff, patients and families with regard to community agencies. Manages adoptions and assists with special programs and education.
Assist patients and families with discharge planning including, but not limited to, home health, DME, rehabilitation hospital, transfers and nursing home placement.
Also serves as a resource for staff, patients and families with regard to community agencies.
Manages adoptions and assists with special programs and education.
- Hospital Social Worker at Houston Healthcare
- Social Services Case Manager at Family and Children Services/Investigation & Adoptions Unit
- Case Coordinator at River Edge Behavioral Health
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Social Work - Social Work
Provided emotional support and discharge planning to patients within the Oncology Pavilion.
• Administered and scored NCCN Distress Screenings
• Gatekeeper of resources and referrals based on patients' needs
• Collected and analyzed data to record correlations between physical illness and mental health in order to develop programs and resources that are responsive to community needs.
• Facilitated the following groups: Meditation and Relaxation & Women's Support Group
• Coordinated with families and outside agencies for safe and effective patient discharge
• Followed up with patient's post-discharge to assure continuity of care
- Hospital Social Worker at ROBERT WOOD JOHNSON SOMERSET HOSPITAL
- Crew Member of Challenges Committee at RUTGERS UNIVERSITY LOVE YOUR MELON
- School Social Worker/ School Counselor at SOMERSET ACADEMY
- at THE CIVIC LEAGUE OF GREATER NEW BRUNSWICK
1 year at this Job
Collaborate with other professionals to evaluate patients' medical or physical condition and assess the clients needs.
● Refer patient, client, and or family to community resources to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement or education.
● Supervise and direct other workers providing services to clients or patients.
- Hospital Social Worker at Uniontown Hospital
- Hospital Social Worker at Jefferson Hospital
- Counselor at CPP Behavioral Health, Inc
- Director of Referral Relations and New Market Development at Anatomical Designs LLC
8 months at this Job
- Master of Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelor of Science - Social Work
• I worked with medically complex individuals, typically those with co-morbidities including physical and mental disabilities.
• I assisted patients with applying for needed benefits, such as: Disability, Medicaid, Medicare, etc.
• I completed, investigated and follow through with corrective action plans for complaints and grievances. (Director)
• I worked with an interdisciplinary team to ensure ethical and quality care to all patients by ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations. (Director)
• I completed psychosocial and discharge assessments and provide interventions when needed.
• I connected patient with resources when discharging from the hospital, such as: physician appointments, home health services, equipment, referrals to skilled nursing services or inpatient rehabilitation.
• I contributed to policy amendments. I facilitate interdisciplinary team meetings and family conferences when needed. (Director)
- Hospital Social Worker, Director of Case Management at Landmark Hospital
- Children's Service Worker at Jasper County Children's Division
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - MBA with HR emphasis
- Master's of Social Work
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology
• Shands Level One Trauma Center On-call and Evening Social Worker provides emergency social work services to patients and families experiencing crisis.
• One of five on-call hospital social workers responsible for providing 24hour coverage of social work services including grief counseling, crisis intervention, supportive counseling, and concrete services to patients and family members who have recently had a breakdown in functioning and ability to cope.
• Experience with responding to trauma, unexpected death, disaster, child sexual and physical abuse, illness, adult exploitation/abuse, and locating next of kin in both adult and pediatric emergency room departments.
• Completion of psychosocial assessments of suspected abuse, neglect, and exploitation of children and adults; providing education, referrals, and access to community resources when appropriate.
• Experience working with nursing staff, hospital staff, Security officers, Child Protective Team, The Department of Children and Families, Highway patrol, and Law Enforcement agencies in locating next of kin, traumatic injury/death, and abuse/neglect cases.
- On-Call Hospital Social Worker at UF Health at Shands Hospital Trauma Center, University of Florida
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker at University of Florida
- Hospital Social Worker/Case Manager at North Florida Regional Medical Center
- Social Work Intern at University of Florida
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- Masters in Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelors of Science in Psychology - Psychology
Responsibilities Worked collaboratively with the medical staff, patients, and families in order to facilitate a safe discharge from the hospital. Over saw the complex discharge needs of patience and engaged in team care conferences in order to bring families and care professionals together for greatest communication and outcome. Conducted a psycho social evaluation and advocated for patients to provide community resources and assistance as necessary. Provided nursing and medical staff with resources and patient relations resulting in higher patient provider outcomes.
- Hospital Social Worker at Lovelace Medical Center
- Geriatric Social Worker at Innovage Total Community Care
- School Social Worker at Academy of Trades and Technology
- Family Counselor at Albuquerque Public Schools
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Psychology
• Complete psychosocial assessments on individuals with complex social histories
• Work on an interdisciplinary team to provide supportive interventions, plan family conferences and coordinate care
• Provide support to families with babies in critical condition in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Hospital Social Worker at Memorial Care Miller Women's and Children's Hospital
- Lead Clinical Social Worker at Del Amo Hospital
- Yoga Instructor at Earth Yoga
- Mental Health Specialist at St. Joseph Center
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- M.S.W. - Mental Health & Gerontology
- B.A. - Psychology and Creative Writing
Mercy Douglas Hospital Darby PA
- Per Diem Hospital Social Worker at General Healthcare Resources
- Per Diem Hospital Social Worker at Lower Bucks Hospital
- Per Diem Hospital Social Worker at Einstein Medical Center Montgomery
- Per Diem Hospital Social Worker at Einstein Hospital
4 months at this Job
- Master Degree - Social Work