Full Time Emergency Department (ED) Social Worker in a 66 bed adult ER and 13 bed Pediatric ER. Provided psychosocial interventions with adults and children of all health & mental health dispositions. Assumed role of social worker and case manager for discharges. Worked on multidisciplinary team of nurses, physicians, techs, Nurse Case Managers.
- Hospital Social Worker at UF Health Shands Hospital
- Family Care Counselor at Camelot Community Care, Inc.
- Youth Counselor at A Kid's Place Tampa Bay
- Clinical Social Work Intern at All Children's Hospital
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Master of Divinity
- Masters - Social Work
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) - Social Work
From November 2016 to present, within a 31 room Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, completing the following tasks:
• Utilizing active listening and skilled interviewing, completing initial assessments for every family admitted to the NICU to assess for strengths, needs for resources or emotional support, and potential barriers to a safe discharge.
• Maintaining a working knowledge of local and state-wide resources to provide to families from all over the state of Arizona, including tribal lands.
• Creatively problem solving to provide each patient's family with appropriate ongoing support to meet needs ranging from food and lodging to emotional support and bereavement care. From November 2015 to November 2016, within a 24 bed inpatient psychiatric unit, completed the following tasks:
• Utilized active listening and skilled interviewing to complete psychosocial assessments for each patient and family system with the goal of providing the clinical team with insight into family dynamics, patient and family strengths, and potential barriers to treatment success.
• Conducted individual sessions as needed with patients.
• Conducted weekly social skills group with patients ages 12 and under. In both roles at Phoenix Children's Hospital:
• Interfaced with the Department of Child Safety, the Regional Behavioral Health Authority, local law enforcement agencies, and local community mental health agencies in order to coordinate care and establish safe discharge plans.
• Supervised two Master's level interns. Provided guidance and facilitated learning opportunities.
- Hospital Social Worker at Phoenix Children's Hospital
- Therapist at Youth Development Institute
- Clinical Intern at Youth Development Institute
- Research Assistant at Arizona State University School
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Social Work and Master of Public Administration - Social Work and Master of Public Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Bachelor of Science in Family Studies and Human Development - Family Studies and Human Development
• Appointed as a float Social Worker with diversity of experience with patients in trauma, the ICU and burn as well as orthopedic surgery and medical/surgical patients.
• Assesses psycho-social needs of each patient upon admission and during continued stay by collaborating with multi-disciplinary health care team to formulate and implement patient care plan.
• Establishes social work goals that aid in managing identified problems.
• Provides brief short-term psychotherapy and supportive social work services to help patients adjust and cope with their medical and/or emotional condition and the environment and provides ongoing case management.
• Records evaluation data, progress notes and interventions including patient and family responses in a timely manner and participates in quality and performance improvement measures.
• Evaluates and assesses each patients for current or recent lethality towards self or others.
• Provides education on Advance Directives and completes forms with patients and reviews patients Advance Directives on a weekly basis in accordance with regulations.
• Facilitates discharge planning and refers patients to external agencies and facilities including nursing homes, inpatient rehabilitation centers, home health care, assisted living, health homes, care coordinators, medical equipment companies and other health care agencies to facilitate adherence to the care plan.
• Coordinates patients discharge disposition, transportation and continuity of care services by scheduling follow-up appointments and identifying resources/funds to finance medications, medical equipment and other needed services.
• Provides education to patients and family on how to navigate health system to empower them to utilize services.
- Hospital Social Worker at ERIE COUNTY MEDICAL CENTER CORPORATION
- Senior Counselor II Per-Diem / Senior Counselor II / Counselor / Associate Counselor at HORIZON VILLAGE TERRACE HOUSE
- Social Work Intern, Advanced Year Field-Placement at ROSWELL PARK COMPREHENSIVE CANCER CENTER
- School Social Worker Intern, Foundational Year Field at UNIVERSITY AT BUFFALO EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY CENTER
7 months at this Job
- Master of Social Work - Social Work
Case manage/ Discharge planning for Tele floor consisting of 30 beds per unit. Planning , coordinating and implementing discharges for patients based on the individual discharge needs. Coordinate with physicians regarding medical recommendations and social work/ insurance approvals for length of stay or transfers.
- Hospital social worker at Tenet Healthcare
- Health Plan Case Manager at Valence Health
- Health Plan Case Manager at Sendero Health Plans
- Clinical Social Worker/Case Manager at South Austin Medical Center
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associates - Business Management
- Master's - Social Work
- Bachelors - Social Worker
• Facilitated safe discharge for patients with effective psychosocial assessments of risks and support systems.
• Ensured efficient discharge planning by collaborating with multidisciplinary patient-care team.
• Educated patients on the levels of health care (skilled nursing, rehab, hospice care); advanced directives and community resources.
• Facilitated decision making on behalf of patients and families
• Provided crisis intervention support to patient and families in emergency situations.
• Coordinated appropriate post-hospitalization care for patients by collaborating with health care team members and care continuum within the community.
- Hospital Social Worker at UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI HOSPITAL
- MSW Intern II/III at UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI HOSPITAL
- BSW Intern I/II at GREEN FAMILY FOUNDATION NEIGHBORHOOD HELP
- Bank Teller at BANK OF AMERICA
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master's - Social Work
- Bachelor's - Social Work
- Associate - Social Work
- Per Diem Hospital Social Worker at Lower Bucks Hospital
- Per Diem Hospital Social Worker at Einstein Medical Center Montgomery
- Per Diem Hospital Social Worker at Einstein Hospital
- Social Work PRN at Social Work prn
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Master Degree - Social Work
• Participate in discharge planning to ensure transition to the appropriate next level of care while also ensuring their preference is kept in mind.
• Provide community resources for patients and their caregivers to ensure safe discharge in addition to prevent re-hospitalizations.
• Complete psychosocial assessments for specific patient populations including dialysis, maternity, and other high risk patients.
• Participates in interdisciplinary rounds and work with the interdisciplinary team to ensure patient's discharge transition is addressing all needs.
- HOSPITAL SOCIAL WORKER at INSPIRA MEDICAL CENTER
- SERVICE COORDINATOR SUPERVISOR at PHILADELPHIA CORPORATION
- CLINICAL COORDINATOR at MOUNT LAUREL
- SOCIAL WORK INTERN at NEW LISBON DEVELOPMENTAL CENTER
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- MASTER OF SOCIAL WORK - SOCIAL WORK
- BACHELORS - Sociology
* Conducts psychosocial assessments and discharge planning for high risk patients. * Provides crisis intervention and emotional support to patients and families on bio-psychosocial issues. * Performs legal reports for suspected child abuse, elder abuse and domestic violence referrals. * Work collaboratively with interdisciplinary clinical team, case managers, and external organization and community resources to provide health services across the continuum of care. * Educated patients on the levels of health care; acute, subacute, home care; entitlements, community resources and advanced directives.
- Hospital Social Worker at Interfaith Medical Center
- Residential Counselor at Post Graduate Center for Mental Health
- Medication Technician at Park Manor Adult Care Facility
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Master of Social Work - Social Work
- Baccalaureate of Arts in Psychology - Psychology
• Conduct psychosocial assessments and develop diagnostically based treatment and discharge plans in consultation with multidisciplinary team
• Lead psychoeducational groups for children and adolescents
• Attend and participate in weekly Case Conferences and Grand Rounds
• Establish and maintain individual records on assigned patients, including accurate and up-to-date documentation of progress notes, service/treatment plans, medical/psychiatric reports
• Meet with patients to discuss treatment goals and after care plans
• Execute triage process during psychiatric emergencies
• Document intervention in a timely manner
- Partial Hospital Social Worker at Prairie Care
- Care Coordinator and BHIS Provider at Families First Counseling Services
- at PALS Committee
- Direct Support Professional at Exceptional Persons, Inc.
9 months at this Job
- Masters of Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelors of Social Work - Social Work
• Complete a comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment with patients to better understand the patient, family and/or supports, physical limitations, vulnerability, mental status, special cares, and identify any potential needs upon discharge. · Participate in daily discharge planning meetings with social workers, nurses, pharmacists, and doctors to discuss patient condition and identification of any needs. · Discharge plan with patient and/or family to ensure patient’s safety. This includes but is not limited to setting up hospice, arranging for the patient to go to short term rehab, or establishing home care services. · Set up and facilitate transitional care conferences with medical team, patient, and family to discuss goals of care, 30 day readmission, or any other concerns that may exist. · Utilize Epic/Excellian to communicate with the medical team and document all interactions with patients and their families.
- Hospital Social Worker at Allina Health
- Team Intern at Assertive Community Treatment
- Truancy Intervention Specialist at Lutheran Social Services/Lincoln Park Middle School
- General Education School Social Work Intern at Lutheran Social Services/Lincoln Park Middle School
3 months at this Job
- Master of Social Work - Clinical
- Bachelor of Social Work - Social Work
- Associate of Arts