Dr office June 2015 - April 2018 Assisted patients and visitors in locating specific departments and services and kept them updated on status of procedures and referral appointments. Ensured seamless flow of work on the busy 45-bed unit. Trained more than 20 unit clerks nurses and medical assistants on unit's computer system and work flow procedures. Managed patient records verifying that all forms paperwork lab work and referrals were properly documented. Coordinated patient care with other departments specialist visits and lab orders and prepared discharge paperwork. Hospital Unit Clerk Hospital
- Hospital Unit Clerk at Borna
- Greeted and directed patients staff and families to appropriate locations at Borna
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Administrative
Run biggest medical surgical unit of hospital. Responsibilities include All patient paperwork, floor admission and discharge planning coordinating. Enter/process/ cancel orders for nurses and doctors, answer/make phone calls, handle all faxing duties, as well as all miscellaneous office related floor tasks.
- Hospital Unit clerk at Doylestown Hospital
- Assisstant coordinator of sleep disorders at Bucks county medical associates
- Medical Assistant at LMG FAMILY PRACTICE
- Nurse technician at Pediatric Specialty Care at Point Pleasant
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Certificate - Phlebotomy, laboratory sciences
- Practical nursing - Nursing
- High school or equivalent - Highschool
• Answering the main phone line all day and being the point person to answer any questions or transferring to the correct person
• Run the shift change from night to day shift and day to night shift. Write out nurse’s schedule given by charge nurse and make the copies. Updating the boards on each of the rooms and makes sure all the nurses’ stations and departments have the accurate calendar for the day. Collect all phones and pagers and get them set up with new batteries and assign to the appropriate nurse.
• In charge of the tube system for any medications being tubed to our floor and placing them in the medication room or hand over to appropriate nurse.
• Answering all requests from the rooms from our call light from patients and/or families and page appropriate nurse or assist with bringing food/supplies to the room.
• Admit patients in EPIC and create the charts / Also breakdown of charts for discharges
• Also part of running the nurse’s station includes calling appropriate people for broken or missing devices, filling out work orders, calling maintenance for anything needing to get fixed on the unit. Answering all questions from doctors or nurses that come up throughout the day and assisting with helping staff which could include faxing, fixing the copy machine, fax machine, phones or pagers, ordering supplies, paging housekeeping for any cleaning requests in the rooms or throughout the unit and assisting families walking up to the front desk with any questions or concerns.
- Hospital Unit Clerk Hemotology/Oncology at Rady Children's Hospital
- Radiology Assistant at Scripps Health
- Supervisor at American medical response
- Scheduling San Mateo Ops at American Medical Response
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- BLS card - American heart
- High School Diploma
• Responsible for answering phones, scheduling/canceling appointments, entering Dr. orders, checking/thinning charts, newborn metabolic screen paperwork, admit/ discharge patients, order supplies for the unit.
• Knowledge in Microsoft word, Meditech, medical terminology.
- Hospital Unit Clerk at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
8 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Associates in Math - Math/Science
• Schedule tests or procedures for patients, such as lab work or x-rays, based on physician orders
• Receive and route messages or documents, such as laboratory results, to appropriate staff
• Perform various clerical or administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies for the unit such as typing documents, filing, faxing, and answering multi- phone lines.
• Documenting/Recording Information
• Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
• Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
• Communicating with Persons Outside Organization
• Admit patients in EPIC and create the charts / Also breakdown of charts for discharges
• Upkeep of patient charts
• Scheduling patient appointments and transportation
• Discharging and labeling patient records
• Insurance authorization reviews
• medical terminology
• Record Keeping
- Hospital Unit Clerk at Sierra Vista Hospital
- Customer Service Representative at (Faneuil) Covered California
- Claims Examiner at Health Net
- Operations Analyst I at Wells Fargo Insurance
1 year, 1 month at this Job
Compile patient information needed for medical staff from various medical services ~Assignment of room and beds for new admissions ~Operate switchboard handling inbound calls from clientele or family member ~Order medical procedures through network utilizing Microsoft Excel, Outlook ~Assist in coding, finalizing and auditing the patient charts after discharge ~Management of inventory of medical supplies and ordering as needed
- Hospital Unit Clerk; Emergency Services at Grady Health System
- Care Manager at Dogwood Forest Assisted Living
- Ward Clerk at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
11 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associates - Health Care Sciences
- LICENSE - Practical Nursing Program
7. Medical Registrar Emergency Room & Out-Patient Registration,Hospital Unit Clerk Medical/TCU, Surgery Unit Clerk Resume
Greeted patients, scheduled isits,procedures, ect. Verified insurance coverage and co-payments, managed cash drawer and daily bank deposits, answered multi line telephone, insured each call was handled promptly and correctly and staff was notified via in house email, entered&updated PHI if necessary. Cleaned lobby,restrooms, and work area daily
- Medical Registrar Emergency Room & Out-Patient Registration,Hospital Unit Clerk Medical/TCU, Surgery Unit Clerk at Commonwealth Foot& Ankle, Medical Center Bowling Green-Surgery,Logan Memorial Hospital-Regisration
11 years, 10 months at this Job
- 1yr college business management
Assisted patients and visitors in locating specific departments and services and kept them updated on status
of procedures and referral appointments.
• Ensured seamless flow of work on the busy 45-bed unit.
• Training of onboarding unit clerks nurses and medical assistants on unit's computer system and work flow procedures.
• Managed patient records verifying that all forms paperwork lab work and referrals were properly documented.
• Coordinated patient care with other department's specialist visits and lab orders and prepared discharge paperwork.
- Hospital Unit Clerk at Inova Women's & Children's Hospital
- Dining Experience Associate at Inova Women's & Children's Hospital
- at Seniors Health Care
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Law - Law
• Assist patients with activities of daily living (ADLs) such as bathing, dressing & feeding.
• Assist the primary nurse and rehab staff (PT & OT) with ambulating patients and also performing ROM.
•Observe and document patient progress/behavior along with input and output and vital signs.
•Transfer non-tele patients to x-ray, cat scan, ultrasound & MRI & assist the transporting RN with tele monitored patients.
•Discharge patients to car via wheelchair for patients discharging home.
•Monitor & accompany sitter patients including 2:1 & 1:1 sitters.
•Update in-room patient/staff info boards. Physically deliver STAT labs & specimens to Laboratory. HUA (Hospital Unit Assistant) trained since April of 2017 Putting to use great customer service skills. Maintaining a polite and professional attitude. I acknowledge every person who enters the unit and direct them to their appropriate destination. Communicate effectively with patients, visitors, family members, physicians, nurses, coworkers and personnel in other departments. Input physician orders into computer in a timely and accurate manner. Answer multi-line phone and transfer calls to appropriate staff. Receive and relay messages to staff efficiently. Prepare and assemble patient charts to be admitted, discharged or transferred to acute care facility or Skilled Nursing Facility. Also from inpatient to inpatient. Schedule procedures and arrange transportation for such exams. Update ABARIS for unit to keep track of admits, discharges and transfers with timing accuracy. Make assignment for oncoming shift. Update unit census board (Powerpoint). Work well under pressure during extremely high volume of visitors, phone calls and work load. Disseminate appropriate information in accordance with hospital property. Maintaining forms in our file cabinets and also making sure we have the most updated forms for our patients and staff. Making sure my work area is always clean and neat and that patient information is always safe and secure in accordance with HIPAA. Proficient in MEDITECH. Floated to other units to clerk when needed. At least 12 shifts since January 2019 including 2 shifts in the ICU.
- Nursing Attendant/ Unit Clerk/ Hospital Unit Assitant at County of San Bernardino ( ARMC )
- Caregiver/Personal Assistant at Private Home, Inc.
- Warehouse Worker at Network Global Logistics
- Crew Member/ Cashier at McDonalds Restaurant
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- CNA certificate & state license - Certified Nurse Assistant
- CNA certificate & state license - CNA course
• Responsible for analytical research and reporting; data processing coordination; and special projects as assigned
• Takes all data from programs such as PeopleSoft, EPIC, Meditech, and Crystal to perform qualitative analysis
• Provides data for management on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis to ensure benchmark data is representative of Surgical Services statistics and utilization of services and resources.
• Participated in the development of a procedural database. This included creating inventories, taking clinical and statistical data elements from EPIC data base and downloading the data to Microsoft Excel and then analyzing the data for accuracy and appropriateness.
• Schedules procedures considering the availability of procedure room, equipment, staff and Anesthesia care provider utilizing surgical scheduling system.
• Working with General Surgeon's and their office staff coordinating surgical appointments.
• Responsible as a Hospital Unit Clerk for clerical operations of the unit including reception, maintenance of patient and unit records, processing of orders, and deficiency analysis of charts and reports.
- Business Unit Coordinator/ Administrative Associate B at Rady Children's Hospital San Diego
- Surgery Scheduler at Spine Institute of San Diego
- Surgery Scheduler/Vocational Nurse at HillCrest Surgical Medical Group
- CNA / LVN Program at Clinical Rotations
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Vocational Nursing Program