Run biggest medical surgical unit of hospital. Responsibilities include All patient paperwork, floor admission and discharge planning coordinating. Enter/process/ cancel orders for nurses and doctors, answer/make phone calls, handle all faxing duties, as well as all miscellaneous office related floor tasks.
- Hospital Unit clerk at Doylestown Hospital
- Assisstant coordinator of sleep disorders at Bucks county medical associates
- Medical Assistant at LMG FAMILY PRACTICE
- Nurse technician at Pediatric Specialty Care at Point Pleasant
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Certificate - Phlebotomy, laboratory sciences
- Practical nursing - Nursing
- High school or equivalent - Highschool
• Data Entry in-putting doctors orders
• Understand and Recognize Medical Terminology
• Answer patient call lights, Telemetry phone and multiple phone lines. Take detail messages and transfer to appropriate persons.
• Communicate with doctors and staff professionally. Ability to work with diverse population, including staff, family members and patients.
• Communicate with different departments Lab, Ultrasound, Ct, Pharmacies, and escort regarding patients care.
• Expedite all records as needed when patient arrives or discharges from hospital
- Hospital Unit Clerk at San Joaquin General Hospital
- Caretaker at In-Home Supportive Services
- Medical Receptionist/Registration at O.A.S.I.S
- Medical Receptionist/Registration at Health South
2 years, 1 month at this Job
Greet patients and families as they arrive at the facility and provide directions; Answer telephones, direct calls to relevant staff and take messages, Ensure that patients' medical records are updated, Assist patients in filling out hospital admission forms Take and record patient transfer and discharge information, Assist patients by responding to intercom requests, Document patient care services, Ensure that unit equipment is in appropriate working order and is maintained periodically Request and coordinate lab tests and medication for patients, Ensure accuracy and security of patients' records, Schedule patients appointment in accordance to physicians' calendar, Direct visitors to the appropriate room or service area, manage administrative needs at nursing stations, Act as liaison between nurses, physicians and patients by relaying important information, Ensure that physicians' orders and diagnosis are appropriately transcribed in the system Maintain a neat and clean environment of the facility. Prepare medical records for new patients and ensure that information such as vitals and healthcare plan is recorded properly, assist patients with tasks they are unable to do for themselves, deliver food trays and help feed the patient, assist patients with walking, perform range of motion exercises, or position themselves comfortably in their beds, helping patients dress and bathe, assist in basic, assisting doctors and nurses with treatments, reporting patient conditions, and recording vital signs, such as blood pressure, heart rate, and temperature
- Doctors Community Hospital Unit Clerk/PCT at Doctors Community Hospital
- May, Mckay & Lee Pediatric and Adolescents, Administrative Assistant/Billing at
3 years, 1 month at this Job
Manages incoming as well as outgoing calls directing them to the appropriate department. Creating charts for patients and maintaining doctors orders. Maintained a clean, orderly and well-stocked environment. Transports patient to their vehicles safely after procedures. Assists in preparing gurneys for patients arrival for surgery.
- Hospital Unit Clerk at SAN JOAQUIN GENERAL HOSPITAL
- Caregiver at Addus HealthCare, Inc.
- Unit Secretary at KAISER PERMANENTE SANTA CLARA MEDICAL OFFICES
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
• Answering the main phone line all day and being the point person to answer any questions or transferring to the correct person
• Run the shift change from night to day shift and day to night shift. Write out nurse’s schedule given by charge nurse and make the copies. Updating the boards on each of the rooms and makes sure all the nurses’ stations and departments have the accurate calendar for the day. Collect all phones and pagers and get them set up with new batteries and assign to the appropriate nurse.
• In charge of the tube system for any medications being tubed to our floor and placing them in the medication room or hand over to appropriate nurse.
• Answering all requests from the rooms from our call light from patients and/or families and page appropriate nurse or assist with bringing food/supplies to the room.
• Admit patients in EPIC and create the charts / Also breakdown of charts for discharges
• Also part of running the nurse’s station includes calling appropriate people for broken or missing devices, filling out work orders, calling maintenance for anything needing to get fixed on the unit. Answering all questions from doctors or nurses that come up throughout the day and assisting with helping staff which could include faxing, fixing the copy machine, fax machine, phones or pagers, ordering supplies, paging housekeeping for any cleaning requests in the rooms or throughout the unit and assisting families walking up to the front desk with any questions or concerns.
- Hospital Unit Clerk Hemotology/Oncology at Rady Children's Hospital
- Radiology Assistant at Scripps Health
- Supervisor at American medical response
- Scheduling San Mateo Ops at American Medical Response
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- BLS card - American heart
- High School Diploma
Compile patient information needed for medical staff from various medical services ~Assignment of room and beds for new admissions ~Operate switchboard handling inbound calls from clientele or family member ~Order medical procedures through network utilizing Microsoft Excel, Outlook ~Assist in coding, finalizing and auditing the patient charts after discharge ~Management of inventory of medical supplies and ordering as needed
- Hospital Unit Clerk; Emergency Services at Grady Health System
- Ward Clerk at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
11 years, 6 months at this Job
- Associates - Health Care Sciences
- LICENSE - Practical Nursing Program
and USA (unit support assistant). I have also been involved as a co-chair during UBC (unit based council) meetings that take place once a week, making big decisions that impact the department. As a HUC, I am basically the control center of the ER. I take phone calls, direct patients to and from scans, and assist the MD's and charge nurse with daily tasks. As USA, I work basically as an assistant to my Director, Supervisors and Educators, ordering supplies for the department, and practicing organizational skills.
- hospital unit clerk at CNA, St. Luke's Magic Valley Emergency Department
- Nursing Assistant at CNA, DeSano Place Village
- Receptionist, Jerome Rec District at
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Biology Health Care
• Answers telephone calls, responds to routine inquiries and relays other calls and messages.
• Performs routine clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, ordering/stocking unit supplies on line payroll, staffing and scheduling, as required to maintain department operations.
• Respond quickly to all emergency situations while remaining calm.
• Responsible for maintaining the accuracy and security of confidential patient information.
• Responsive to Patient/Family needs through communication and coordination with members of the team.
• Assist patient care delivery team with emergency calls and clinical communications and performing admission, discharge, and transfer workflows.
• Ensures an adequate stock of all necessary equipment and supplies in designated areas at established par levels.
• Contacts dietary, pharmacy, and other departments as designated by the Registered Nurse/Patient Care Coordinator.
- Hospital Unit Clerk at Rady Children's Hospital San Diego
- PBX Operator / Service Center Dispatch at Rady Children's Hospital San Diego
- Department Manager / Cashier at Grocery Outlet
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - Radiology
- High School Diploma
• Responsible for analytical research and reporting; data processing coordination; and special projects as assigned
• Takes all data from programs such as PeopleSoft, EPIC, Meditech, and Crystal to perform qualitative analysis
• Provides data for management on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis to ensure benchmark data is representative of Surgical Services statistics and utilization of services and resources.
• Participated in the development of a procedural database. This included creating inventories, taking clinical and statistical data elements from EPIC data base and downloading the data to Microsoft Excel and then analyzing the data for accuracy and appropriateness.
• Schedules procedures considering the availability of procedure room, equipment, staff and Anesthesia care provider utilizing surgical scheduling system.
• Working with General Surgeon's and their office staff coordinating surgical appointments.
• Responsible as a Hospital Unit Clerk for clerical operations of the unit including reception, maintenance of patient and unit records, processing of orders, and deficiency analysis of charts and reports.
- Business Unit Coordinator/ Administrative Associate B at Rady Children's Hospital San Diego
- Surgery Scheduler at Spine Institute of San Diego
- Surgery Scheduler/Vocational Nurse at HillCrest Surgical Medical Group
- CNA / LVN Program at Clinical Rotations
5 years at this Job
- - Vocational Nursing Program
MISCELLANEOUS: House Keeping and Babysitting and College
- Unit Hospital Clerk at San Joaquin General Hospital
- Hospital Unit Clerk at San Joaquin General Hospital
- at Accent Health Care
- Certified Nursing Assistant at Home Health Care
5 years at this Job
- Associate of Arts - Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Associate of Arts - Liberal Arts