• Monitor, manage, and perform month end close procedures for certain hotels
• Supervise local hotel accountant for certain hotels
• Monitor and review for accuracy the general ledgers, balance sheet reconciliations and financial statements for certain hotels
• Provide technical expertise and direction to hotel controllers
• Finalize and close the books of certain hotels.
• Work with auditors and respond to auditor inquiries
• Answer hotel accounting policy and procedure related questions by researching and interpreting accounting policies and procedures.
• Process payroll for New York and Florida hotels.
• File new york sales tax and occupancy tax.
• Process bank reconcillation of certain properties.
• Review and finalize P&L, Balance sheet, cash flow, and trial balance of certain hotels.
- Corporate Hotel Accountant at Stanford Hotel Corporation
- Asst Controller at Hotel Adagio
- Accounting Manager at LOTTE HOTEL & RESORTS
- Accounting Manager at HOTEL NIKKO
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy - Accountancy
110 Shenandoah Avenue, Roanoke, Virginia, 24016-2025, Tel: 1-540-985-5900 Fax: 1-540-853-8290,
• May 2008 - Present
● Compiles hotel and restaurant reports, including Flash, Forecast, P&L Summary, Accounts Receivable.
● Work independently. Punctual and dependable.
● Prepare daily cash deposits and post cash receipts ensuring appropriate accounts receivable and collections.
● Post and reconcile monthly management fees, reimbursed costs, and hotel, cpnference center and restaurant billings.
● Match payments to invoices.
● Maintain various spreadsheets supporting cash entries.
● Resolve situations where accounts do not tally.
● Resolve account disputes and billing discrepancies
- Hotel Accountant at Hotel Roanoke
- Hotel Front Desk Agent at Hotel Roanoke
- Home Shopping Network Customer Service Rep at
- Ferrum College Science Department Assistant at
10 years, 10 months at this Job
* One of five senior accountants out of twenty to be promoted to Reviewer during a department-wide process change in October 2018 * Prepared and reviewed monthly financial statements and balance sheet account reconciliations for fourteen franchise-branded or independent hotels/resorts and one condominium resort across multiple states * Sole senior accountant appointed to a newly formed Corporate Council whose goal was to collaborate with ten select individuals across all departments and improve company culture and environment * Collaborated with and assisted controllers and general managers on accounting information systems issues and other financial concerns * Allocated appropriate assets, revenues, and expenses, between four entities that make up one condominium resort * Compiled and prepared detailed quarterly and yearly external SOX or internal audit reports * Reconciled and maintained twenty depository bank accounts which included merchant credit card deposits, external wires, and hotel deposits to the general ledger * Prepared and recorded multi-property general ledger accruals and re-classes during review processes
- Senior Hotel Accountant and Reviewer at REMINGTON HOTELS
- Senior Hotel Accountant at REMINGTON HOTELS
- Staff Accountant at NEWCRESTIMAGE
- Teller at WELLS FARGO
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
- Hotel Accountant at Casa Munras Hotel
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Some college
Nov 2015 - Feb.2018
- Vacations & Hotel Accountant at LEGOLAND California
- Retail Unit Lead at LEGOLAND California
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelors - Accounting
- Associate - Business Administration
I assist the hotel's accountant in clerical work, perform the night audit at the end of the shift, and perform diligent research and analysis on other hotels to assist the owner in maximizing revenue through competitive pricing.
- Assistant Accountant at Pacific Gardens Inn
- Customer Service Representative at
- Customer Service Representative/Valet at Pasadera Country Club
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Business Accounting and Finance
• Made sure all reservations were set properly for audit.
• Prepared audit paperwork nightly for hotel accountant.
• Routinely worked with CLC and airline crew reservations.
• Routinely worked with airlines sending passengers to hotel for lodging. Would check-in and out guests in fast pace, large volume numbers.
- Full Time Night Auditor at Wyndham Garden Hotel Philadelphia Airport
- Full Time Night Auditor at Holiday Inn
- Full Time Night Auditor at Holiday Inn
- Part-Time Night Auditor at Holiday Inn Express
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Marketing (12/19); Business Analytics (5/21)
- A.A.S. - Entrepreneurship
Ensured general check-in and check-out of guests and nightly audit of daily receipts
• Provided high quality customer service and improved service ratings by 30 points
• Registered guests in and out of hotel property and handled guests in and out of hotel property
• Take reservations requests efficiently and answered switchboard with proper telephone etiquette
• Offered and properly handle requests for wake up calls and completed monetary and credit transactions
• Assisted hotel accountant to prepare financial statements, hotel, sales tax, and annual tax documents
- Night Auditor at Homewood Suites by Hilton
- Customer Service Representative at Delta Dental
- Customer Service Representative at Affricated Computer Service
- Financial Disposition Specialist at Affricated Computer Service
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Manages deposits & expenses on QuickBooks & Excel Generates checks on QuickBooks Inspects & manages multiple properties assigned
- Hotel Accountant / Property Manager at Greatwall International LLC
- Administrative Assistant at Diamond Insurance
- Customer Service at Paystaff Pacific
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Illustration
Generation of weekly HMO check run, analyzing and review for accuracy and variance.
● Fixed Assets acquisitions and analysis, depreciation
● Purchase Orders review/approvals
● Preparation of monthly journal entries
● Review/process multiple online Internet Banking accounts transactions, Positive pay files, EFT's, Stop payments
● Analyze Financial Statements with multiple Balance Sheet reconciliations and Profit & Loss account analyses
● Review & approve multiple accounts payable invoices
● Payroll support
● Interdepartment Communications and Liaison
● Mentor junior staff
- Senior Accountant at Community Health Group
- Hotel Accountant at Woodfin Suite Hotels
- Staff Accountant at Tocabi America Corporation
13 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Accounting