In charge of the day to day running of the Maintenance Department, organize and coordinate the activities of the maintenance staff and ensure all guest requests are taken care of in a timely manner. Set budget for the department and submit annual capital projects to be completed. Oversee all contractors and vendors on property negotiating preventative maintenance contracts where needed. Maintain inventory and purchase supplies. Oversee emergency procedures, maintain all fire/life/safety equipment, host a monthly safety meeting and ensure all required training is completed on time. Also in charge of the public area attendants. I successfully oversaw the recent renovation of the guestrooms and restaurant from January - May 2017. I completed all walkthroughs with the architect during the initial phase of the renovation and finished the project by completing a punch list in all areas of the hotel.
- Hotel Chief Engineer at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel
- Project Manager at Private Super Yacht
- Engineering Officer at Carnival UK
- Hotel Services Engineering Manager, Carnival UK, United Kingdom at
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Marine Engineering - Engineering
• Directed and oversaw the operational maintenance of all 129 guest studio apartments and manager's apartment. Also oversaw the full renovation of the property, to include all 129 studio style rooms, manager's apartment and exterior of the property.
• Performed general maintenance duties to include: servicing and repairing door locks, caulking, patching sheetrock holes, painting and carpentry
• Performed electrical duties to include: replacing faulty switches/outlets, ran new circuits, added switches and receptacles/breakers, installed time controls for flood lights on buildings, replaced ballasts in light fixtures and installed new light fixtures
• Performed plumbing duties to include: replace and repair leaking pipes both indoor and outdoor, replace and repair toilets together with pulling old fixtures and setting new ones and replace and repair faucet fixtures
• Performed PTAC/HVAC duties to include: all service calls/work orders for any and all PTAC/HVAC problems, troubleshoot, repair and replace any component or equipment failure and completed all system replacements
• Performed appliance repair to include microwaves, refrigerators, stovetops, vacuum cleaners, washer/dryers, telephones, and coaxial cabling for televisions.
• Completely proficient in Fire Suppression system for hotel. Monthly inspection of all facets of the fire system
• Within a given budget, gather and submit monthly inventory order to General Manager for her approval.
• Provided duties as live on property maintenance and 24/7 on-call service to all areas and provide prompt service to address any and all issues that arose.
• Coordinate and communicate with outside contractors and personnel, when necessary.
- Hotel Chief Engineer at Crossland Economy Studios
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection Supervisory Officer at U.S. Department of Homeland Security
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice/Sociology
- High School Diploma
Manage all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing a budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Lead emergency response for all facility issues. I am also fill in for Front Desk, House Keeping Supervisor, and Breakfast Host when needed.
- Hotel Chief Engineer at Comfort Suites Hotel
- Maintenance Mechanic at Hampton Inn
- Customer Service Associate at Burger KIng
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- - Supervisory and Leader Development
Direct and supervise the activities and safety of the hotel Lead a team to maintain mechanical, electrical, heating and colling, and electrical systems Ensure the hotel's safety features are in compliance with the state and federal laws and regulations Inspect the facility and assigns job to the staff for routine maintenance and repairs Participate in preventive maintenance programs and maintain documentation necessary for the energy management Assist the account team in drafting budget and negotiating with contractors Obtain necessary licenses and permit for installing, removing, and repairing physical building structures Address complaints from guests and ensure no such problems occur in the future Hired, trained, and motivated staff in providing best customer service Maintained disciplined and took necessary action for negligence and lethargic attitude Accomplished maintenance and repair work within the set budget Developed and implemented cost-effective emergency programs Performed regular inspection of the electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and heating and colling systems Fixed boilers, sprinklers, oversaw landscaping maintenance Maintained water, sewage, alarms and safety systems
- Hotel Chief Engineer at Aloft Durham
- Engineer/Safety Manager at Aloft
- at Aloft
- Small Engine Mechanic at Big Brother Lawn Maintenance
3 years, 9 months at this Job
Responsibilities Maintain systems and equipment. Restoring, repairing, rebuilding or replacing faulty components or parts. Implement production, productivity, quality and customer service standards. Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following procedures. Mu Understanding equipment, maintenance, teamwork, and job knowledge. Effective and efficient communications with all Department heads. Accomplishments Being able to achieve customer and quality satisfaction. Going above and beyond in order to have optimum results for the Hotel as a whole.
- Hotel Chief Engineer at Best Western
- Maintenance Supervisor at LaQuinta Inns and Suites
- Welders Helper at Texas Pipe Fabricators
- Sales Manager at Orthopedic Specialists DME, Inc
2 years at this Job
- Certification - Operating Room Specialist
- - Certified Surgical Technologists
Professional Summary Highly-organized and reliable Hotel Chief Engineer who takes pride in maintaining safe, efficient and economical luxury environments. Skilled in HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical and mechanical techniques. Skills Strong mechanical knowledge Congenial personality and customer service skills, Ability to effectively train and support staff Familiar with Hotel Permits and Inspections Strong electrical knowledge
- Chief Engineer at Sage Hospitality
1 year, 8 months at this Job
• Held full accountability for operating and maintaining all building systems and structures.
• Provided hands on support and leadership to facilitate optimal function of crucial daily systems such as HVAC, plumbing, pool operations and electrical.
• Directed the scheduling and managements of all preventative maintenance programs on property.
• Managed full operation of Wyndham ABQ"s waterpark as well as the CPO (certified pool operator) on site.
• Responsible for department budgeting and quality control.
- Hotel Chief Engineer at Wyndham ABQ and Conference Center
- Driver/Package Handler at United Parcel Service
- Computer Specialist/Sales at Best Buy
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- High School Diploma
Lord Balfour Room Mate Miami Beach Chief Engineering. 07/2018- at present My job as the hotel's chief engineer supervises the operations, maintenance and repairs of the hotel's equipment, tools and facilities. I usually supervise the maintenance staff and have the ability to work in both an office environment and on the property, addressing HVAC and other types of problems.
- Chief Engineer at Room-Mate
- Maintenance Technician at Nautilus South Beach
- Shipping Clerk at Hollywood Workwood
- Warehouse Helper at Newslink
at this Job
- - Refrigeration & A/C Repair Technician
- Bachelor - Computer Science
Manage all engineering and maintenance operations.
• Manage house persons to keep all public areas clean in hotel.
• In charge of monthly safety committee meetings.
• Manage expenses to achieve budgeted goals.
• Keep monthly fire-life-safety records.
• Verifies compliance with all Engineering departmental policies, standards and procedures.
• Have quarterly PM rooms charts and records.
• Monthly PM common areas.
• Weekly scheduling for maintenance and house persons Highly-organized Hotel Chief Engineer who takes pride in maintaining safe efficient and economical luxury environments. Skilled in HVAC systems management, certified (EPA Universal) technician, electrical engineering and plumbing techniques. Specialize in resort facilities oversight mechanical systems diagnosis and project management. Core Qualifications
• Strong mechanical and structural aptitudes
• Extensive knowledge of structural building codes
• Excellent ability to maintain emergency plans and procedures
• Congenial personality and customer service skills
• Familiar with policy manual creation and audits
• Energy conservation techniques
• Ability to effectively train and support staff and clients
• OSHA Safety practices, lock-out tag out certificate of completion
- Chief Engineer at Marriott's Sea Pines Resorts
- Assistant Chief Engineer at Marriott's Sea Pines Resorts
- Engineer Operations Resort Supervisor at Marriott's Frenchman Cove
- Engineer Lead at Marriott's Frenchman Cove
7 months at this Job
- Associate - Project Manager
- High School Diploma
Chief Engineer Maintenance is primarily responsible for performing a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of the hotel's facilities, and equipment. Will promote a safe working environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction. Work with supervisors, inspectors, and department heads to ensure maximum efficiency and safety.Will be responsible for complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day. Perform general repairs in maintenance including but not limited to: carpentry, mechanics, plumbing, electrical, and finish work. Maintain the physical functionality and safety of the facilities including guest suites, public areas, etc. Respond to guest room calls as required. Ensure timely and accurate completion of projects. Maintain department equipment and supply inventory levels. Ensure security, cleanliness, preventive maintenance and repair of engineering tools, equipment and safety features, according to established procedures and within budget.
- Assistant Chief Engineer at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel
- Apartment Maintenance Technician at Career Strategies
- Chief Engineer at Sleep Inn and Suites
- Plumbers Helper at Imperial Staffing
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Massage Therpy
- High School Diploma