- STILL WORKING THERE
• I am a house parent for the Van Hook INC. I provide hands-on care for my patients in this private home. The home has M/R and down syndrome patients who are depended on myself and other employees. I work 12-14-hour day shifts at a time. And normally 3 to 4 day shifts at a time. Overnight stays are required because some of the patients have seizures. I care for all basic needs in the home such as: cooking, cleaning, grooming, and activities for the home. The patients have a time for everything and are on a full scheduled day. Their days start at 7:00am and end anywhere from 8:00 pm to 10:00pm given the patient. Awards & Acknowledgements
• Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship Award
• WSCC Transfer Scholarship Award
• TN Hope Scholarship Award
• TN Hope Aspire Award
- House Parent at HOUSE PARENT
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Psychology
- ASSOCIATE DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINSTRATION - Business Administration, Psychology, General Education
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
Administration, ordering and dispensing medications to boys ages 11 to 16.
- House Parent at House Parent at Chestnut Mountain Ranch
- Primary care nurse at Eaton Corporation
- Mentor Family Practice at Lake Hospital System
- at Cleveland Clinic Hospital - Euclid Hospital
2 years, 9 months at this Job
Keep records or prepare reports for owner or management concerning visits with clients.
● Support children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
● Identify signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring them to parents' or guardians' attention.
● Assist in preparing food and serving meals and refreshments to children.
● Help children with homework and school work.
● Conduct weekly reports on each child's progress and report to supervisor.
● Make sure monthly required reports are completed for the household. (Ex: fire drills, water temperature charts.)
● Accurately and effectively record all medications given to children.
● Maintain a clean environment for all to work.
● Attend monthly training and development sessions.
● Work at the front desk when receptionist must attend a meeting.While doing so direct phone calls, take messages, respond to emails, and organize mail.
● Budgeting and submitting financial requests for needed materials.
- House Parent at House Parent
- Salon assistant at SALON 02
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- - General Studies
House Parent Brief job description: Caring for clients, helping with homework, cooking cleaning, basic life skill training, and transportation to their visitation with family and to events.
- House Parent at Genesis Foster Care Agency
- Security officer for 10 months at Securitas Security
- at Securitas Security
- Security officer for 13 months at Securitas Security
9 months at this Job
- High school
Full Time House Parent -Supervise and arrange activities to ensure proper mental, physical, social and spiritual development. -Medication administration, healthy meal planning and preparation, as well as managing the household.
- House Parent at San Pasqual Academy
- Professional Organizer (Worldwide) at Self-Employed
- House Parent at Florida Keys Children's Shelter
- Delivery Driver at Aventura Florist
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Education- Elementary Education & Physical Education
To provide a quality individualized student care focused program to all students. It is a golf academy that dedicates to the whole child and believe in the wrap around effect. As a house parent I emphasize growth in all areas such as social, emotional, intellectual, practical life skills, and physical needs. I demonstrate a high degree of interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and flexibility.
- House Parent at Bishops Gate Golf Academy
- Houseparent at Four Corners Home for Children
- Personal Nanny at Personal Nanny
8 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts - Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts - Human Services
As a house parent I am responsible for children under the custody of the State of Florida.. I supervise their daily activities including but not limited to: school, medical, hygiene, feeding, recreational and family activities. I also provide transportation for them on daily basis. On this position I have taken care of neglected, abandoned and abused children. My greatest accomplishment has been creating bonding with these kids to the point of keeping the relationship with them and their relatives even after they go back to their parents. Every year I have improved my qualifications at this job and I have also received wages raises.
- House Parent at FKCS
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Bible
- Bachelor's - Teaching
Hannah's Home of South Florida Tequesta, FL - Weekend House Parent - Supervise residents and ensure compliance with safety and rules - Teach budgeting, organizing, cooking, and other duties as assigned Home School with Connections Academy Kissimmee, FL - Taught grades 3-7 all subjects - Grades K- 2 taught reading, writing, and art Viking Sewing Center Kissimmee, FL - General Sales of Machines and Other Items - Inventory Glenridge Healthcare Solutions Elkridge, MD Eight years on the Glenridge team various engagements. St John the Baptist Epsicopal Church Breckenridge, CO - Director of Family Ministries State Department of Education Columbia, SC - Director of Teacher Education, Certification and Evaluation Classic Catering Columbia, SC - Assistant to Caterer - set-up and keep tables full - Assist with serving wine Converse College Spartanburg, SC - Adjunct Graduate Instructor Volusia County School District Daytona, Florida - Special Programs and Projects Coordinator/Administrator - Principal
- House Parent - Currently employed at Hannah's Home of South FL
3 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Educational Leadership
- Masters Degree - Administration & Supervision
- Bachelor of Arts - English & Education
P.O. Box 531, Beaufort, SC 29901
• House Parent 4/20/2015 to present Observes the children's behavior, noting changes, significant incidents both positive and negative. Attends and participates in regular staff meetings, ongoing training/in-services and supervision. Manages crisis situations, using the on-call system as needed. Utilizes consistent behavior management techniques to respond to resident's behavior. Supervises study time and provides support tutoring.
- House Parent at Open Arms Shelter
- Certified Nursing Assistant at Morningside of Beaufort Residental Care
- Certified Nursing Assistant at Bright Star
- Certified Nursing Assistant at Beaufort Memorial Hospital
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Certified Nursing Assistant
- Diploma - Cosmetology
- High School Diploma
Human services professional, worked in the administration office, intakes, ISP's, referrals, make appointments, file, log, documenting, Casey Life Skills testing, transitional living, counseling, communication with DFCS, house parent, and more.
- Human Services Professional Intern House Parent at North Georgia Angel House
- FSA at Cobb County School District (CCSD)
- Manager at Public Draft House
- Guidance Counselor/Social Work Intern at Stewart Middle School Douglas County
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science - Wellstar College of Human Services with a Concentration in Social Engagement and Advocacy
- CNA and Health Care Assistant - CNA and health care assistant