Housing counselor and Certified Foreclosure Intervention Specialist. Provides face to face financial counseling to low-income individuals in the Philadelphia area. Provides Default and Delinquency counseling, Property Tax Delinquency counseling, Homeless Prevention counseling, Senior Rental counseling and Credit Repair Counseling.
- Housing Counselor at Center In The Park
- Server/Food Runner at Jack's Firehouse
- Aging Mastery Intern at Center in the Park
- Bike Counts Manager at Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Public Health
- Associates - Liberal Sciences
Housing counselor monitored and taught Autistic adults life skills . Supervised personal hygiene, meals preparation, socialization skills, laundry.and lite house cleaning.
- Housing Counselor at East Ender Disability
- Employment Specialist at Brooklyn Bureau of Community Service
- Employment Specialist at Behavior Health Services
10 months at this Job
- AAS - Community Services
As a housing counselor, I assist low to moderate income families, qualify for home purchasing. We counsel our members in the qualifying process and purchasing process. We go over income, assets, and liabilities. We conduct a budgeting plan with our members to make sure that they will be able to afford the mortgage.
- Housing Counselor at NACA Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America
- Closing Coordinator at Experis
- Audit Analyst at National Residential Mortgage
- Registration Coordinator at CMG Financial Services
6 months at this Job
Over 20 years of experience and specialized training in real estate sales, property management, asset management and property rehabilitation. Working knowledge of the principals and practices of residential real estate sales, real estate owned (REO), real estate appraisals, property management, real estate financing, mortgage loan origination, mortgage insurance, foreclosure/deeds-in-lieu, real estate law, real estate contracts, and other contractual instruments. EMPLOMENT HISTORY: NID-Housing Counseling Agency- Long Beach, CA September 2007- 2017 HUD Certified Housing Counselor and Branch Office Manager for NID Housing Counselor Agency, Assist over 500 homeowners stay in their homes or mitigate their losses.
- Housing Counselor at NID-Housing Counseling Agency
- Adjunct faculty member at West Los Angeles City College
- Broker of record for SeaShore ENT at SEASHORE ENT. INC
- Substitute Teacher at Los Angeles Unified School District
9 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Marketing
NACA is a non-profit HUD Certified homeownership and advocacy organization that has been in the forefront in the fight for economic justice. NACA has made the dream of homeownership a reality for hundreds of thousands of working people enabling those with credit issues, limited assets or subject to discrimination to purchase a home or modify their predatory loan on the most affordable terms. NACA continues to set the national standard in its advocacy for affordable homeownership and access to credit. FEB 2018 - Present Housing Counselor
• Understand the Member's motivation to become a homeowner and provide clear direction.
• Work with Members to improve their financial management.
• Work with NACA's software to accurately complete documentation and data entry for efficient and paperless qualification.
• Write narrative analyses and action plans to document next steps after each counseling session.
• Qualify Members by reviewing payment history, liabilities and other credit information.
• Work with Members to develop an affordable budget and address budget issues.
• Work with Members to save minimum required funds to make the home purchase.
• Work with the Member to calculate a monthly surplus to demonstrate that the Member can afford the mortgage payment and maintain the property over the long term.
• Examine and process documents, addressing issues as needed.
• Determine readiness for homeownership based on NACA Qualification criteria: eligibility, readiness, affordability, funds and compliance.
• Determine a maximum affordable mortgage payment and purchase price.
• Address NACA Qualification conditions (if any) within 24 hours.
• Educate the Member about alternative mortgage products or solutions.
• Stay in contact with the NACA Qualified Member to ensure the Member maintains the parameters under which they were NACA Qualified while searching for a property, and updates the file accordingly.
• Assist Members during the housing search to purchase a home in his/her desired community.
• Provide property specific letters.
• Review and process Member's application for NACA Credit Access (i.e. meets the underwriting criteria).
• Submit Member's mortgage application.
• Fulfill tasks that require origination licensing (discuss change of circumstances, loan updates, etc.).
• Assists the Member through closing as appropriate to facilitate the mortgage process. Competencies: Communication: Works effectively with Members and NACA staff with ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing - with the utmost sensitivity to confidentiality and a "need to know" work ethic. Is an educator who appropriately persuades and influences, and who readily shares information or knowledge needed by others. Organizational Skills: Able to prioritize, schedule and handle a fast-paced, challenging workload. Keeps multiple tasks moving toward completion including working with tickler lists and other electronic reporting and tracking mechanisms. Professional Skills: Detail oriented and well organized, ability to work under pressure, ability to work independently with only general supervision, and strong problem-solving skills. Understanding of his/her own strengths and weaknesses as well as when to seek assistance. Professionalism: Demonstrates professionalism internally and externally. Adheres to direction as presented by management, performs all job duties as assigned, adjusts to changes on short notice, works diligently to achieve goals, takes responsibility for own actions/work product, and implements plans for self-improvement. Customer Service: Provides effective solutions and follow-up with Members and others. Has a highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction, as well as strong interpersonal skills, to provide top-level customer focused services at all times. Able to understand, anticipate and address customer needs and handle customer concerns in a sensitive and professional manner. Time Management: Arrives ready to work at the scheduled hour, uses time effectively, does not procrastinate or avoids tasks, and completes assigned duties within specified time limits in an accurate manner. Positive Leadership: Leads and influences others by example. Takes pride in his/her job, open to new ideas, and demonstrates a "can do" attitude particularly when challenged by obstacles. Creates and supports a positive work environment. Computer Skills: Strong data entry and typing skills with ability to work with NACA's software to accurately complete documentation and data entry for efficient and paperless counseling. Mission Driven: Energy and enthusiasm for NACA's mission of affordable home ownership for all, addressing mortgage discrimination and fighting for economic justice. Willing and able to participate in NACA's aggressive advocacy campaigns and activities.
- Housing Counselor at NEIGHBORHOOD ASSISTANCE CORPORATION OF AMERICA
- Salesforce System Administrator at CLEARCUT SYSTEMS
- Administrative officer at GOLDEN ARENA TRUST
- Compliance Audit Consultant at FESTO AUTOMATION
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Science - Management
- Bachelor of Arts - Mass Communication
My Accomplishments as Housing Counselor Completed intake ,Created personal files ,Referred to Substance Abuse Treatment Programs ,Counseling as needed , Created long term along with short term goals monitored weekly success , attended all trainings and staff meetings .
- Housing Counselor at Mental Health Associates
- Intake Specialist at MGM
- Outside Sales Representative at Comcast
- Field Marketing Manager at Yankee Home Improvement
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - Business Management
● Ability to implement goals of METEC Resource Center, Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to relate comfortable to individuals of different racial/ethnic, economic and culture background. Perform functions related to client service.
● Housing Counselor able to provide direct counseling services to homeowners and or potential homeowners in the Peoria area
● Maintain record keeping system of METEC. Ability to multi-task and timely complete projects task under pressure. Team player
● Conduct and coordinate outreach activities.
● Computer literacy with a variety of basic office programs. Microsoft word, Excel Outlook, Power point and others competency in use of basic office technology
- Housing Counselor at METEC Resource Center
- Bilingual Outreach specialist identifying customers at Vocational Rehabilitation Management Rehabilitation
- Full time Switcher Teller/Banker Provide exceptional customer service at PNC Bank
- Part time Teller at JP Morgan Chase Bank
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Medical
company going out of business) Counsel borrowers from all levels of society, from blue collar to white collar, who either have mortgage payment issues or who are unable to manage the money that they make. Have made strides in attitude adjustments about money and what it can do for them. Have shown them the ease of paying their mortgage off in less time than they thought possible. Developed a method of demonstrating to clients what they will save and exactly how they should do it to be successful. As the sole full-time housing counselor, have received NC Housing Finance Agency (NCHFA) approvals for over 400 applicants of NC Hardest Hit Fund, generating over $8M in NCHFA loans in 8 years. Comprehensive, determined research and negotiation have won approval for difficult cases. Analyze and write concise interpretation of hardship situations. Prepared loan mod docs and negotiated with lenders for over 200 loan modifications or repayment plans. Evaluate and recommend the most expedient course of action in foreclosure issues. Educate and encourage borrowers in mortgage maintenance. Analyze paystubs, financial statements, budgets, tax returns, credit reports and value of collateral to recommend the most appropriate solution to the client.
- Housing Counselor at Foothills Credit Counseling, Inc
- at Professional Gardener
- Structured Settlement Analyst (Insurance) at
- Jet Sales-Corporate Jet Sales at Inc.&Aeromanagement, Inc
8 years, 10 months at this Job
- Provide Pre-purchase, foreclosure prevention, credit counseling, and financial literacy counseling to 165 clients. Resulting in 118 buying homes, 18 avoiding foreclosures and 5 bettering their credit. - Develop and manage comprehensive outreach/working relationships with stakeholders including other community members, financial institutions and local agencies. - Identify, design and develop program-specific outcomes to ensure program effectiveness and impact, and the ability to report that to funders and the community. - Oversee case management and ensure compliance with standards as delineated in HUD's Housing Counseling Handbook. Case management and record-keeping includes but is not limited to: intake; service planning; service delivery including advocating for clients.
- Housing Counselor at Northeast Denver Housing Ctr
- Deputy Director at Servant Leadership Corps
- Instructor - Graduate Assistant at University of Louisiana Monroe
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master - Race and Gender Studies, Political Communication
- Bachelor of Arts - International Relations and Latin American Studies
Assisting low income families with stable and affordable housing . Providing resources and tools to families in order to assist families in advancing their housing needs base on their family composition and financial make up in pursuit of stable independence. Recertifying families in order for families to continually obtain stable and safe housing
- Housing Counselor at Birmingham Housing Authority
- Social Service Case Worker at Department of Human Resources
- Lab Technician at University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Lab Assistant at Lab Corp
8 months at this Job
- Masters - Science
- Bachelors - Psychology
- Associate in Science