The National Affordable Housing Network was founded as a non-profit organization in 1994 to help develop and transfer high performance affordable housing techniques that benefit those in need. Our non-profit provided a variety of services to the community including participation in the program's flagship program, Mutual Self Help (MSH). MSH is a program that works alongside programs such as Habitat for Humanity, to aid low-income families and individuals in building a home with the help of local volunteers and organizations.
As a Housing Counselor, I provided direct one-on-one counseling services that included homeownership counseling, MSH program education, Fair Housing counseling, detailed review of personal credit reports, developing strategies to repair, build, or manage credit, student loan counseling, reverse mortgage education, as well as foreclosure and delinquency counseling. Client relationships were usually long-term, spanning several months and/or years depending on complexity of developed work plan to achieve desired outcome(s).
Such services were completely free to clients and were funded by a grant that I managed. I was responsible for protecting and managing the privacy and personal information of clients through mandated methods outlined in the grant agreement. I provided quarterly grant reporting with various funders per their required guidelines. This included preparing and providing financial reports, client demographic data, complied client list, expense reports, and requested funds forms as supported by documentation.
Packaged loans for review and underwriting for the USDA-Rural Development in Montana to obtain home loans for our program's Mutual Self-Help program.
• Completed 6 months of training and testing to obtain a Certified Credit Counselor accreditation /Provided by NeighborWorks Institute/ Location of Training; Seattle, WA
• Completed In-Person Program Management Training/ Provided by: RCAC/ Location; Orange, CA
• Completed Online Student Loan Financial Counseling Certification/ Provided by RCAC
- Housing Counselor, Certified Credit Counselor at National Affordable Housing Network
- REALTOR at MCLEOD REALTORS
- REALTOR at PUREWEST CHRISTIES
- SERVER/BARTENDER at SANTE FE REDS
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- BACHELOR'S IN SCIENCE - Health and Human Development
• Manage a caseload of 30-60 clients.
• Provide case management, crisis counseling, and housing search services to clients.
• Complete security deposit applications, and promissory notes for clients to landlords.
• Personal transportation for clients to see homes, as well as, group tours.
• Affordability checks for clients who are interested in a certain property.
- Housing Counselor at Baltimore Regional Housing Partnership
- Service Coordinator Civicworks at
- Support Planner at Community Options Waiver
- Cashier Maryland Live Casino-Townepark Valet at
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Education
Responsibilities include processing existing HCV clients by updating their personal information in file; conducting interims, re-exams and portability documents so that families can maintain their assisted housing; counseling clients about available programs that they may qualify for and directing them to other resources to assist their family needs.
- Housing Counselor at FT WORTH HOUSING SOLUTIONS
- Portability Counselor at LANCASTER HOUSING AGENCY
- Counselor 1 at FT WORTH HOUSING AUTHORITY
- Intake Specialist at FT WORTH HOUSING AUTHORITY
5 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - English
-HUD an HECM certification
• Counseling on housing options based on financial analysis and programs available.
• Analysis of financial situation, credit evaluation and negotiation with financial institutions
• Data analysis to evaluate impact of programs on the community and agency line of business
• Education -group and individual- on credit, housing programs and budgeting
• Training of new counselors and on new housing programs SurePath Financial Solutions - Monet Management International Head of Counseling Department - Manager San Jose Office - Financial Counselor
- Housing Counselor at Project Sentinel
- at Reverse Mortgage and Foreclosure
- Finance - Customer Service at Pacifico Vida - Life Insurance Company
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master's - Business Administration -Leadership
- Diploma in Managerial Marketing - Professional Title
• Act as a liaison between tenants, landlords, organizations and agencies;
• Provide assistance with all education and outreach events, trainings, and initiatives;
• Conducts needs assessment interviews and develops client assistance/action plans;
• Interprets and advises clients regarding landlord tenant rental agreements;
• Interprets federal guidelines for client eligibility to federally funded programs;
• Provides emergency assistance, crisis intervention and referrals for clients required to be vacated as a result of eviction;
• Responds to phone calls requesting information/direction regarding landlord/tenant conflicts;
• Provides case management services for clients with complex problems and mediates, advocates, educates, refers and monitors cases as needed;
• Evaluates client financial needs and supply temporary financial support for shelter, transportation and storage assistance; assist with finding secured housing;
• Demonstrates continuous efforts to; improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively to provide quality customer service.
• Maintains up-to-date client management documentation via our electronic recordkeeping system.
• Interact with staff and clients in a professional and ethical manner
• Participates in day-to-day operations and training with openness to learning and receiving feedback.
• Answer and direct telephone calls
• Various data entry
• Author articles for a quarterly newsletter
• Use Graphic Design technology to create fliers and other forms of marketing
• Review Legal documents and submit to HUD for filing lawsuits
• Utilize Microsoft word, publisher, excel, PowerPoint for various marketing opportunities
- Housing Counselor at Fair Housing Resource Center, Inc.
- Legal Assistant, Bankruptcy at Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA
- Clerical Specialist at Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA
- Research Specialist I at EmployeeScreenIQ
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
As official title of, "Housing Counselor, " collected, handled, and processed visual communication. all upfront documents needed to pre-qualify potential homeowners for Adaptable to various working mortgage loans. Assessed credit reports, debt-to-income, available funds, situations and conditions. and more, while maintaining notable organization skills and document Fast learning, with good security. Interacted with members, handling functions of job in person and communication skills. remotely.
- Housing Counselor/Mortgage Qualification at Neighborhood Assistance Corp. of America (NACA)
- Graphic Designer/ Retoucher at Herff Jones Photography/Lifetouch National School
- Designer/ Proof & Corrections at Herff Jones Yearbook
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- BFA in Multimedia Production & Design - visual communication
Handle important confidential paperwork, record and file in the proper order. Stock vending machines and break rooms. Handle high-volume calls, in which I obtain confidential personal information. Provide empathy in regards to homeowner hardship. Abide and coach around HIPAA, confidentiality, and discrimination laws. Assist with reports for the yearly audits. Maintain and train co-workers on new or updated policies. Speak to delivery companies when packages come in record and deliver them to the proper department. Assist all personnel that comes in for meetings, and visits. Unlocks the doors for the beginning of the work day, receive, and deliver important documents. Train new hires to begin taking counseling calls. Review reports to determine coaching and training opportunities for associates. Track and document current quality assurance trends amongst the team. Create and manage educational games pertinent to current polices and procedures. Create job aids for current policies for both Counseling and Triage. Handle escalation calls, and follow up with managers and processors. I was hired as a mail clerk, promoted multiple time to until I reached my current position as a Sr. Housing Counselor.
- SR. Housing Counselor at Springboard Solutions
- Professional Student Intern at Springboard Solutions
- Data Processor at Springboard Solutions
8 years at this Job
- Associates Degree in Psychology - Psychology
- - General Education
My current job title is housing counselor. I have 24 clients I see at least monthly, some as often as weekly. I assess their needs and find community resources as well as resources that are offered through the Kentucky Cohalition Against Domestic Violence. The Merryman House Domestic Crisis Center (270) 443-6001 400 Berger Rd. Paducah, KY 42003 Housing Counselor Group Leader
- Housing Counselor at Berger Rd
- Housing Counselor at Merryman House Domestic Crisis Center
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Social Work
- Associates in Science
Experienced and highly-organized Senior Housing Counselor with strong leadership ability. Exceptional communicator; skilled areas of planning, problem resolution, time management, data analysis and status reporting. Proactive team player and trusted competent liaise and point of contact for internal and external clients Senior Housing Counselor - Fair Housing Foundation 2008-present * Mediate disputes between tenants and housing providers * Assist tenants with Unlawful Detainer Answers * Counsel and educate tenants and housing providers; including property owners and management companies * Apprise tenants, housing providers and community based organizations with federal, state and municipal codes and procedures * Complete general housing intakes and referring necessary individuals to Fair Housing Department of FHF * Conducted booth events, walk-clinics, tenant workshops and presentations to city staff to educate the public about FHF and its services * Test Coordinator for Housing Discrimination Study 2010 for Orange County California Properties (project from August 2011 - 2012)
- Experienced and highly-organized Senior Housing Counselor at Fair Housing Foundation
- at Team Builder - Telepacific Communications
- Administrative Assistant at PEFS
- Supervisor Air/Irregular at UPS
11 years at this Job
- - Laws & Litigation Conference
I am the foreclosure prevention counselor, many times working between clients and mortgage companies to help find options to keep their home. Credit and Budget counselor HECM Counselor
- Housing Counselor at Lee County Housing Development Corp.
- Housing Counselor at Affordable Homeownership Foundation
- Bookkeeper at By the Book Accounting
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Certificate - Foreclosure Prevention
- Certificate - Homeownership
- Certificate - Paralegal
- - Business Management