* Responsible for maintaining strict confidentiality * Perform all functions related to annual re-certification, and interim reviews including all income verifications and necessary procedures for rent calculations and move-in in a timely manner * Calculated tenant rent amounts for leases and contracts. * Schedule meetings with participants * Reply to phone calls, emails within 24 hours * Maintained caseload of 390 plus families and all files in a neat and orderly manner * Accurately calculates household income and completes data entry to determine housing assistance payments. * Advise participants of all program policies and procedures * Ensures actions taken are correct and timely. * Works with other housing authorities to facilitate portability requests. * Investigate and takes appropriate action for fraud and unreported income or noncompliance * Mediator between landlords and participants * Correct files with fatal errors from past to present * Act as temp specialist to case needing to be assigned * Transport files to central * Other duties as assigned
- Housing Specialist at ROCHESTER HOUSING
- Administrative Assistant at Rochester Family Mission
- Salon Owner, Manager, Hair Stylist at CALLOWAY'S HAIR SALON
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Communication - Communication
- Associates of Science in Communication - Communication
In my role as a housing specialist, I am tasked with assisting my clients apply to housing projects via NYC Housing Connect, etc. I must also assist in determining eligibility for city vouchers including SEC.8, City FHEPS, SOTA, EOSD & HASA . I also assist clients to apply for the necessary programs to obtain eligibility such as SS, SSI, Public Assistance etc. I also work with some clients in helping them find employment when possible. I must maintain a working relationship with individuals at the Dept. Of Homeless services as well as with realtors throughout the 5 boroughs. I would match eligible clients with apartments that fit their criteria. I was responsible for not only scheduling the viewings for my clients but I would also accompany them and help them fill out any paperwork or applications required. I then would follow up with the Landlords/ Realtors to assist them with filling out the voucher packages and supplying the necessary documentation that is required to be included. Lastly upon my clients being accepted I would coordinate with DHS and the Landlord/ Broker to have the checks issued and picked up. I would accompany clients to the lease signings as well. All client progress is carefully and descriptively entered in the CARES system. In my career as a housing specialist I have been able to place numerous families throughout the 5 boroughs, Staten Island & NJ. I continue to maintain relationships with the majority of my Landlords/ Brokers/ Realtors as well as DHS staff and associates from other agencies.
- Housing Specialist at Core Services Group
- Full Time as of December 2016 at Indepentant Real Estate Agent
- Housing Specialist at Women In Need, Inc
- Housing Specialist- Children's Community Service at
8 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Psychology - Psychology
- Diploma in Criminal Law
- DHS - requirements and communications
My main position at the Housing Authority is a Housing specialist. As a Housing Specialist I am responsible for conducting meeting with tenants, loading data into the data base to adjust a tenant's household file and rent I am responsible for about 300 to 450 people total. On a daily basis, I type up and revise letters that need to be sent out to my tenants and landlords to update them on any and all changes. I also cover the front desk as a receptionist by transferring calls and assisting tenants and landlords over the phone.
- Housing Specialist (Case Management) at The Housing Authority of Chester County
- Wireless Consultant at Go Wireless Verizon
- 21 Full-time sales associate at Forever
- Store Manager at Go Wireless Verizon
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Provides great customer service to participant, landlord and other clients which include answering questions and concerns, accepting applications, and issuing more time to search for a units. Assist in background checks of owners. Prepare and review contracts. Organize and submit documents to stay in compliance while netting deadlines. Conduct rent determinations. Entering Data into Yardi and SharePoint moves before determining eligibility of owners and units. Ensures documents are accurately filed, and scanned. Assist with briefings and interviews of participants. Also obtained certification in Housing Choice Voucher Basics with a score of 85% to be a Housing Specialist.
- Housing Specialist at Nan McKay & Associates
- Owner/Designer at Embody Clothing
- Designer/Office Asst at OUI WEE Designs
- Cosmetologist at Royal Hair-itage
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Fashion Design
- Bachelor 's - Business Management
* Interview and assess incarcerated adults for eligibility of independent living * Manage a caseload of 30 consumers enrolled in Schenectady Supported Housing candidates * Coordinate and facilitate weekly and monthly meetings with clients * Organize rental portion to finance department and landlords * Complete and sign annual forms for each client and submit for audit
- Forensic Housing Specialist at Forensic Housing Specialist
- Supervisor/Site Leader at Boys and Girls Club of Schenectady
2 years at this Job
- Masters of Forensic Mental Health - Forensic Mental Health
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Communications
Duties include a wide range of activities related to determining and documenting participant eligibility, income, rent and contractual relationships with owners in support of the Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP) operations. The Housing Specialist may perform admissions, re-certifications, interim adjustments, rent increases and deal with both participant and landlord issues.
- Housing Specialist at Execu Team Staffing
- Human Resources Specialist at Alight Solutions
- Customer Service Advocate at United Health Group
- General Office Coordinator at Employer Flexible
4 months at this Job
- AAS - Business Administration
- High School Diploma
Housing Specialist (managing the Section 8 program for both Grand and San Juan county)-
● Assess housing barriers of individuals and families experiencing homelessness to determine housing and service needs.
● Develop a housing procurement, financial, and self-sufficiency case management plan with clients. This shall include intake interview to determine client's needs, goals, and eligibility.
● Provide mediation and advocacy with landlords on the client's behalf to develop a workable plan to obtain and or maintain housing.
● Assist participants in locating and securing housing of their choice.
● Create and maintain consistent communication channels, both verbal and written, between several parties (i.e. tenant, landlord, referral source, collaborating agencies, debtors and creditors).
● Serve as an ongoing liaison between property managers and participants as well as between participants and neighbors.
● Provide information and referral assistance regarding available support from appropriate social service agencies and/or community programs.
● Apply knowledge of residential lease contracts to educate clients of their rights and responsibilities.
● Maintain accurate daily logs records, monthly outcome reports, and files for each client.
● Collect and report program data, as well as complete all appropriate monthly and annual report forms.
● Maintain a complete working file providing activity documentation and copies of all corresponding paperwork.
● Assume other responsibilities as assigned. Property Manager (for the Virginian Apartments) -
● Manage the Virginian Apartments, a low income multi family housing complex.
● Maintain compliance with all funding and agency requirements.
● Be available for grievance meetings and eviction proceedings and act as a representative for the Housing Authority in a professional manner.
● Discuss needs of residents, service providers, and maintenance and review new and current polices and procedures.
● Receive in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
● Observe and report maintenance work orders upon request of tenants.
● Regularly inspect grounds and buildings. Contribute to the cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on an ongoing basis by picking up litter and addressing repairs.
● Consistently enforce community policies.
● Update required reports concerning rent collections, move out notices, lease violations, etc.
● Organize and file all applicable leases and paperwork.
● Proof read all lease paperwork.
● Attend training, read appropriate publications, and confer with others in this field to stay knowledgeable of the changing federal regulations and policies
● Work closely and professionally with other public agencies and organizations that would better the tenants and the liveability of the project
● Perform regular inspections, as required, by observed conditions and reports.
● Check and secure vacant units.
● Ensure that residents adhere to the lease and rules and regulations of the Housing Authority, issue lease violations, serve three-day notices for non-payment of rent or other charges and for criminal activity.
● Respond to all lease violations in a timely manner.
● Keep legible records in each individual tenants file
● Maintain and update data on computer
● Prepare new leases and secure tenant signatures.
● Prepare re-certifications lease renewals, interim adjustments, and other documents.
● Perform beginning inspections as to condition prior to leasing and report to ensure that units are being maintained according to compliance.
● Receive and respond to tenant or applicant inquiries by phone or visit.
● Resolve problems, as able, and refer issues requiring field follow up to the Executive Director
● Collect rents, as required.
● Go through the waitlist to certify potential tenants, meet with prospective tenants and market units to applicants to ensure occupancy in a timely manner.
● Maintain compliance with all funding and agency requirements. Administrative Assistant (other duties as assigned by the Executive Director) -
● Assist and support the Executive Director by scheduling, taking or preparing correspondence, doing minutes, filing, by using knowledge of office, administrative and clerical procedures.
● Handle miscellaneous studies and special projects, which are of a one-time nature and do not readily fit into other company job descriptions.
● Schedule airline travel, register employees for seminars, conferences, and training, reserve hotel rooms, rental cars, and prepare per diem requests.
● Maintain administration correspondence.
● Maintain and distribute contact information of employees and other entities worked closely with
● Deposit rent checks and other checks received
● Maintain upkeep of office, as well as organize the filing room
● Maintain office machines and schedule regular maintenance
● Process all Section 8 and Virginian Apartments applications
● Perform general office duties such as ordering & maintaining office supplies and performing basic bookkeeping.
- Housing Specialist/Property at Housing Authority of Southeastern Utah
- Reservationist/Front Desk at Moab Property Management
- Administrative Assistant at Dr. Ray Andrew, MD
1 year, 11 months at this Job
As a Housing Specialist I assess, refer and link individuals with mental illness to services including but not limited to housing, treatment, and community services. With a working knowledge of resources in the community to meet the consumer needs, as a Housing Specialist I provide housing support services to persons receiving rental stipends in all Housing Options Programs. Which includes but is not limited to securing housing in the consumers' community of choice, and assisting the consumer in maintaining the housing. Certified Peer Support Specialist .
- Housing Specialist at Housing Options Made Easy
- Fulfillment Associate at Amazon
- Mental Health Therapy Aide at Rochester Psychiatric Center
- Temporary HIMS Assistant at Rochester Psychiatric Center
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Certificate - Medical Office
- Incompl - Nursing Program
I work as a MHU Housing Specialist. I contact survey and order homes for disater survivors. I monitor all installations and upon completion. I inspect and license the survivors into new homes.
- Emergency Management Housing Specialist at US Dept of Homeland Security
- Inspector at Quiktrak
- Mail Carrier at us postal service
- Realestate Agent at Russell and Jeffcoat Realtors
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- 30 credits - Criminal Justice
• Working with Supported / Supportive Housing or HUD Apartment Program.
• The Housing Specialist assists individuals who have a mental health diagnosis to obtain and maintain housing.
• Complete weekly/monthly notes describing visit, medical appointments and collateral visit.
• Accompany, assist and support clients on appointments, meetings regarding housing issues.
• Assist in monthly and/or annual trainings
• Distribute monthly monetary allowances and checks.
• Develop, implement and/or offer services and programs that will support individuals who need help with housing.
• Documenting visit with clients, completing apartment inspections, inputting service plans and safety plans.
• Transporting individuals to medical appointment, food pantries and other social services agencies.
• Work closely with other Housing Coordinators or Mental Health Specialist to conduct the program activities
- Housing Specialist at Rehabilitation Support Services
- at Wassaic DDSO - Wassiac
- Day Habilitation Coordinator at Community Living Corporation
- Residential Supervisor at
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Healthcare Administration - "Healthcare Administration"
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing - "Marketing and Project Management"