I am an MDOT TSO employee working as HR Administrator at Maryland Port Administration. This is an HR Generalist/Liaison role. I handle all areas of HR - offer letters, salary negotiations, on-boarding, FMLA explanation, review and approval; employee/employer relations issues - complaints, concerns, disciplinary matters, reclasses, benefits enrollment, changes, explanations, pension processing and explanation, pre-employment and CDL physicals, post-accident drug and alcohol testing, employee to employee leave donations, leave bank enrollment, financial disclosure requirements, HRIS entry, tuition reimbursement, ID badge approval and processing, performance evaluation notification and tracking, essential employee notification. Originally working alone. Now working with PO II and HR Manager as of May 2018.
- HR Administrator at Maryland Department of Transportation
- Independent Business Owner at ACN
- HR Specialist at Department of Juvenile Services
- Human Resources Generalist at dlhBOWLES
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- B.S. - HR Management
- M.S. - HR Management
I describe my HR competencies with the acronym "PBA" - People (employee advocate, communicator, trainer and subject matter expert in aligning union agreements with company policies and counselor to supervisors and employees) Benefits Management (HRIS expert and advisor on employee benefits), and efficient Administration of key HR functions.
HR Administrator at Union Health Service, Chicago, IL (An HMO-Managed Care, non-profit organization) - September 2012 - Present (6 locations: Aurora, Evanston, Norridge, Oak Park, Polk/IMD (main office), and 87th St./California)
Challenge: Recruited to UHS from a medium sized home health agency to institutionalize the HR function into the company to include the entire recruitment, staffing, onboarding, performance management, payroll and benefits administration, and improve the HR policies and procedures, including developing the company intranet and internet sites to communicate to its stakeholders.
Action: Restructured the company's HR payroll system, employee communication platform, and policies and procedures, ensuring consistency in complying with all regulatory, corporate and union policies and procedures.
• Managed the content of the company external website and employee intranet
• Updated the performance appraisal system, improving the form to better describe the expectations and standards expected of employees in a more meaningful and easy to understand metrics.
• Developed and managed customized employee paperless transactions using the company's payroll system, to include document and task management, ACA compliance, FMLA compliance, OSHA, and expense management to ensure efficient payroll and benefits management.
• Managed the content of the company external website and employee intranet every week, despite limited resources to keep the websites more informative to stakeholders
• Implemented the company's education plan using Litmos Learning Management System platform
• Created a new hire orientation program to include company presentations over a Learning Management System platform, as well as a new hire check-in survey to get feedback on new employees to help improve the company's new hire onboarding and to improve employee-supervisor relations for better overall productivity.
• Became an employee advocate, handling employee relations, answering questions and helping resolve employee issues with supervisors and managers to ensure solutions and answers are in line with collective bargaining agreements and company policies.
- HR Administrator at Union Health Service
- Human Resources Officer at Advance Pro Healthcare Express, Inc
- Human Resources Manager at American Home Care Express, Inc
- Part-time Administrator at Advance Pro Healthcare Express, Inc
6 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master in Communication - Corporate Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication - Journalism
Business Management Professional with extensive experience in fast-paced environments. HR Management and Talent Acquisition experience. Solid background in Programs Management,
Training, Coaching and Scheduling.
Johnson Concrete Company - Salisbury June 2018 - Present
• Operating as an HR Generalist by processing, verifying and maintaining documentation related to employee relations, compensation and benefits.
• Compiled Employee Handbook and Safety Manuals and explained new-hire paperwork, including benefits selection of health insurance, vision, dental, STD/LTD, and HSA plans.
• Prepare and update employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting and terminating employees using ADP software.
• Explain human resource policies, procedures, and standards to new employees.
• Ensure new hire paperwork is completed and processed correctly.
• Responsible for ordering background checks, and E-Verify for each new-hire employee.
• Coordinating and implementing on-site Open Enrollment projects at six plant locations.
• Responsible for weekly 401-K distribution statements and pushing payroll in ADP.
• Created and maintained employee files, organized and uploaded to secure HR drive.
• Responsible for entering and updating employee information in ADP software program, including tax liens, DSS child support, and insurance requirements.
• Handle employee job verifications, and benefits eligibility.
- HR Administrator at Johnson Concrete Company
- Human Resources Specialist/Office Manager at Merle Norman Studio/Salon Spa
- E-Sourcing Coordinator and Sr. Lease Specialist at Food Lion Corp
- Business/HR Manager at Discount Home-School Supplies
7 months at this Job
• Serve as primary contact for employees, managers and HR Business Partners and the business units on contractual and policy related questions
• Identifies leave types, approve/deny requests based on qualification, calculate and monitor leave duration and coordinate returns to work with employees.
• Subject matter expert in FMLA, STD/LTD policy and ADA accommodations
• Create and maintain leave of absence electronic files, sends, receives and processes paperwork and system records to employee, managers and vendors to ensure accurate and timely information/documentation
• Process all entries into PeopleSoft, eTIME(ADP) and Leave system database based on employee approvals and status changes while managing leaves that are concurrent with Short Term Disability and FMLA
• Creation of new documentation policies based on federal and states policy changes to ensure continuation of compliance
• Conducted user testing and gap analysis in the transition from PeopleSoft to Workday as primary HRIS
• Provide counseling, technical assistance and respond to all inquiries including payroll, benefits requests, continuation of business data as well as ad hoc requests and advice on extenuating circumstances
• Vendor relationship management and employee advocate for 3rd party disability administrator to ensure that STD claims are processed in a timely manner
• Coordinates with management team, HRBP to ensure business needs are met while employees are leave, which includes business proposals to replace based on undue hardships
- HR Administrator at CNA Insurance
- HR ADMINISTRATOR at AHOLD USA
- RECRUITING CONSULTANT at SANTANDER BANK
- ENGAGEMENT CONSULTANT at WILLIAM JAMES COLLEGE
8 months at this Job
- Master's - Organizational Psychology
- Bachelor's - Industrial/ Organizational Psychology
- AA - Environmental Sciences
Manage bi-weekly payroll for approximately 165 employees as well as bonus and commission payments. Maintain and implement changes required for employees. Partner with HR Director for ongoing strategic focus.
• Redefined all processes with improvements o ADP Bi-weekly Payroll
• Lead investigator for potential purchasing of comprehensive ADP services o Onboarding
• Proposed accruals for new hires hired during the year; accepted by Senior Management
• Conduct onboarding presentation to all news hires
• Become the mentor to new hires for guidance going forward o Time & Attendance documentation to train new hires and/or new managers o Created a tracking system for billing
• Benefits administration o Researched new vendors and negotiated benefit plans for 2018 o Enroll new hires into all benefit plans elected o Work with multiple vendors to ensure funding is processed in a timely manner o HSA administrator for funding o 401(k) funding
• Employee Relations o Direct contact with employees to resolve payroll or benefits issues/concerns/questions.
- HR Administrator at iAUTOMATION
- Payroll Supervisor at EMC2 CORPORATION
- at EMC2 CORPORATION
- Senior HR Solutions Specialist / Senior HR Generalist at EMC2 CORPORATION
3 years at this Job
Various administrative support responsibilities
• Answers and assists employees with HR related questions
• Assists employees with logging onto the company supplied computers available for limited employee usage.
• New Ceridian HR system -adding new hires, assist with new hire process and benefit enrollment
• Enters all training into the Myers Intranet site and maintains accountability
• Works with supervisors scheduling required training for employees with vendors
• Enters all safe STOP observation data for Plant Manager
• Responsible for all aspects of working with employee uniform vendor
• Maintains all current hourly employee files
• Posts monthly safety and wellness information on bulletin boards and maintains
• Assists HR Manager with coordinating events for employees and business needs
• Assists HR Manager with various aspects of on-boarding new employees
• Responsible for the administrative aspects of the Missouri Shared Work program
• Serves as back-up to Payroll Administrator - training
• Assists HR Manager with special projects Coordinate - wellness fair, holiday meal employee appreciation, luncheon for meetings and visitors, Toys for Tots.
• Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Buckhorn policies and OSHA Standards.
- HR Administrator at Buckhorn Inc
- HR Assistant/Receptionist at
- Human Resource Coordinator at Hotels.com
- Lodging Support Administrative Assistant at Hotels.com
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Business Administrative
Yonkers, NY Dec 2016 - Present
CTG is an AS9120 Aerospace Small Business. Specializing in Material, Sourcing and Procurement, and Logistics Solutions.
● Manage employee relations benefits such as the ordering of the daily lunch for the corporate office, sending flowers for special occasions, picking up birthday cake and bagels, etc.
● Oversee conference room calendars, and act as a back-up for all conference room reservations for members of the organization.
● Manage the purchasing of the office supplies and office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
● Maintain consistent inventory of office and kitchen supplies. Manage the replenishment of items when necessary and maintain complete records for billing purposes.
● Prepare new hire paperwork, scheduling interviews, onboarding new employees and maintenance of employee files.
● Assist with the full cycle recruiting and talent acquisition process, and offer proactive recruiting assistance.
● Process in-house payroll to include salaried and hourly employees, expense reimbursements, manual checks, commissions, etc.
● Reconcile PTO and Flex time quarterly for all employees.
● Provide and/or implement solutions on process improvements.
● Set up and train all new hires in Concur online expense reporting platform, troubleshoot issues when necessary, and approving all travel requests that exceed budget limit.
● Reconcile monthly invoices for medical, dental, vision and other benefit accounts; contact Broker when employees have terminated from the company and if there are any discrepancies to the invoice.
● Coordinate and manage all company events to include parties, corporate events and employee outings.
● Create surveys via SurveyMonkey to receive employee feedback, and send feedback to all members of the ELT.
● Create and maintain company and individual trainings in Training Manager.
● Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
● Respond to general inquiries regarding payroll, benefits, timecards, etc.
● Helps resolve work-related issues.
- HR Administrator at Crestwood Technology Group
- HR Administrative Coordinator at Resto Corporation
- Administrative Assistant at The Compliance Search Group
- Assistant Negotiator at Active International
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Science - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology
I'm currently a Senior Operations Administrator for almost 7 years with FedEx Ground. I do basic receptionist tasks along with handling the hiring of package handlers. My current tasks involve completing I-9's through onboarding, facilitating orientations, completing interviews, and managing personnel files. I'm a quick learner and I fill in for other positions when needed. I've taken an interest in being versatile in all positions. While working at FedEx I've gained experience in Quality Assurance (3 years), Van Service Audit (1 year), Vehicle Routing Program (1 year), and now HR admin (2 Years). In between those positions I've learned to cover Check-In for drivers, as well as processing hazmat and internationals. I've also organized a group of employees in which we focus on improving service by improving one of our processes. During my time with FedEx I've also organized a few different charity events, and fundraisers. From coat drives for local charity, to cornhole tournaments to raise funds for United Way.
- HR Administrator at FedEx Ground
- Color Guard Instructor at ELHS
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Provide HR assistance and maintain employee files Coordinate local Workers Compensation activity with corporate office Administer local hourly payroll and coordinate processing of payroll for xx employees Conduct New Employee Orientation
- HR Administrator at RoadSafe Traffic
- Office Manager at Air Force of Houston
- Health Concierge Services at
- Dispatcher at ISSC
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- - Medical Insurance and Coding Program
Responsibilities Responsible for different insurance companies; additions, deletions and modifications (180 employees) Conduct induction training for new joiners, coordinate with other departments for leavers and other HR functional responsibilities Assist in arrangement with visas, immigration and labor procedures for all staff and dependents Manage online human resources software for all related activities Personnel file and company file management, handle day-to-day HR duties and issues
- HR Administrator at Mace Macro International
- HR Executive at Satguru Travel and Tourism LLC
- Intern at Michelin India Tamilnadu Tyres Private Limited
- Intern at Center for Excellence in Organization Private Limited
10 months at this Job
- Master in Business Administration - Resources & Marketing
- Bachelor of Commerce