Rubber/Plastic Sealing products Mar 2017 - Dec 2018 Cooper Standard is a leading global supplier of systems and components for the automotive industry. Products include rubber and plastic sealing, fuel and brake lines, fluid transfer hoses and anti-vibration systems Sr. HSE Specialist
Responsible for managing all aspects of the HSE Program including traditional safety, industrial hygiene, and environmental responsibilities.
• ISO - Certified ISO 14001 Auditor / Perfect ISO 14001 audit scores in 2017 and 2018
• Ventilation Project Lead - Design and installation of new glue booth ventilation system - ductwork, motors etc
• Overhaul of Ergonomics, Lockout Tagout, Contractor Safety and Recycling Programs in 2018
- Sr. HSE Specialist at Cooper Standard Automotive
- HSE Engineer at HC Starck Inc
- HSE Manager at Aleris Int
- EH&S Coordinator at Materion Inc
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- MS - Safety Management
- BS - Biology
HSE Specialist Miner for 25+ personnel hanging sheeting in a 600ft. long building with a 120 ft. tall roof. Responsible for constant observation and HSE on site.Company data entry necessary to ensure company update.
- Brace Integrated Services HSE Specialist at
- HSE Specialist at JST HSE
- Weatherford QHSSE Area Coordinator II at QHSSE
- Halliburton HSE Lead Specialist at
4 months at this Job
- - Safety and Environmental Tech
• Eniviormental specialist certified
• OSHA 10 and 30 industrial certified
• Hazwhooper 24 hours
• RCRA AND DOT certified
• FIRST AID RESPONDER BBP/AED
• Forklift certified
• Schedule with lab for pick-up and replacement of new sample kits
• Ensure quarterly visual storm water inspections are conducted and recorded
• Conduct safety inspections- monthly basis, include observation and track to completion
• Assit with the development of work instructions and risk assessments for the activities related to the waste management area ( waste neutralization,waste handling , waste evaporation and others as arised
• Actively participated in scheduling production meetings to provide support or training to waste management or other HSE- related needs
• Ensure storm water samples are gathered on a semiannual basis, including benchmark parameters and hazardous metals, properly preserving item in ice until pick-up
• Conduct monthly SPCC and SWPP inspections, document and file according
• Ensure all waste is properly labeled and packaged
• Ensure all waste complies with time accumulation requirements (Small Quantity Generator)
• Ensure the waste storage area meets requirements for proper container inspection ( adequate aisle space , labeled , container closed, no leaks ect...)
• Contractor and new hire orientation, sign work permits and JSA
• Contractor management while onsite -areas that contractors are allowed to access, maintain communication with contractors.
• Waste manifest - Organized waste manifests per waste stream / monthly basis/ per year
• Upload waste manifest on waste tracking spreadsheet an a monthly basics
• Ensure last copy of manifest is return within 30 days of generation and attach the same to the first copy ( generator’s copy)
• Conduct weekly waste storage areas inspections, document and file accordingly
• Complied EPA, DOT STATE AND COUNTY LAWS
• Prepared for ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001 audits
- HSE Specialist at US STEEL TUBULAR PRODUCTS
- HSE support at KNIGHT INDUSTRIES
- HSE Specialist at
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
- High school
- report to North America HSE Lead
• Responsible for HSE with multiple sites in North America
• Increase awareness and align/organize safety strategy/structure at each site
• HSE Management System implementation involving 6 elements & 20 sub-elements
• Assist with Corporate Audits across North America
• Agreed to support other sites when Specialist move on to other jobs - visit and influence teams to build their culture by trusting and bonding with each other - Mentor new HSE Specialist & Technicians
• Conduct Annual internal audits at sites & conduct mock audits prior to a corporate audit
• Conduct IH monitoring and develop solutions where needed
• North America Root Cause Tree Lead (NA TapRooT Facilitator trainer)
• Lead sites to obtain OSHA VPP status
- HSE Specialist at Monsanto
- EHS Manager at General Electric
- EHS/Quality Manager at BoxUSA, Corrugation
- Safety Director at PolyOne Corporation
11 years, 4 months at this Job
- BS - Leadership/Management
Experienced and committed professional with 5 years' experience in health, safety, and environment legislation. Ability to establish control measures to manage current/potential risks, communicate and exercise multicultural management skills. Consistency and proficiency in risk assessment analysis, HSE management, and day-to-day operations while streamlining processes to eliminate redundancy, risk, and expedite workflow. Professional Expertise
Brock. Houston, TX 2014 - Present HSE Specialist
• Partner with Operations Manager and team to implement the Environmental, Health, and Safety Program.
• Maintain compliance with applicable OSHA, EPA and other safety, health, and environmental regulatory agencies.
• Ensure that plans and specifications for new processes and equipment meet safety requirements according to specific guidelines.
• Promote HSE standards and goals with programs throughout the organization and/or project to foster a safe and productive work environment.
• Utilize established procedures, assist in the preparation of surveys, audits, evaluations, inspections, and investigations of incidents and activities to monitor and track HSE standards, programs, and goals including data collection and documentation.
• Use basic computer and software skills including but not limited to: Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/municipal, federal statutes and guidelines.
- HSE Specialist at Brock
- HSE Specialist at Flour Construction
- Terminal Manager at Fed-Ex
5 years, 2 months at this Job
• Responsible for providing leadership, expertise, and support to all company employees in the implementation of all HSE policies and procedures.
• Conduct safety meetings, perform inspections and audits, and assist with client HSE submittals.
• Provide MSHA training and assistance to ensure safe and healthful work practices. Associated Project History includes: Teck Alaska Inc. - Red Dog Mine civil works
- HSE Specialist at Paa River LLC
- HSE Specialist II at Nanuq Inc.
- Environmental Health Technician at Ohio University EHS
- Quality Control Specialist at Diagnostic Hybrids
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.S. - Environmental Health
- B.S. - Industrial Hygiene
Assist in planning, Auditing, monitoring, organizing, and administering programs that support company goals and requirements relating to occupational health, safety, and environmental issues. Strong knowledge and Interpretation of provincial and federal regulations, including ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001, API, DNV and COR standards, following company policies and safety procedures. Working knowledge of upstream Oil & Gas. Strong background in Environmental, Health & Safety. Certified Water &Wastewater Professional(Dual). DMR calculations. Advance skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
National Oilwell Varco: NOV Rig System/Offshore, 6390N. Eldridge Pkwy. Houston, TX 77041
HSE Specialist-2017 to date.
• Assist in formulating, implementing and maintaining basic policies, programs and techniques necessary to achieve company goals and regulatory requirements related to safety and environmental issues.
• Establish and maintain close working relationships with safety and environmental agencies to ensure compliance with regulatory issues.
• Water treatment plant monitoring and analysis.
• Develops and maintains the HSES electronic document repository, HSES Intranet and team site
• Water and wastewater plant inspections.
• Build and maintain strong working relationships and HSES Team members, as well as internal and external stakeholders
• Conducts research on industry leading practices for HSES Management Systems pertaining to the services industry
• Establish and maintain close working relationships with department managers and supervisors to provide for and ensure that employees receive training and development in promoting a safe and healthy working environment.
• Recognize potential HSE issues and monitor corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
• Develop and conduct HSE training as necessary.
• Locate, consolidate, label and store waste in accordance with government regulations; coordinate waste removal and disposal with qualified waste haulers and disposal sites as well as all relevant documentation.
• Prepare and file required HSE reports.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of current legislation by contact with external organizations and bodies to be familiar with new developments in HSE.
• Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
• Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- HSE Specialist at National Oilwell Varco
- HSE Coordinator at National Oilwell Varco
- HSE Coordinator at Advacs Inc
- Environmental, Physical Planning and Safety officer at
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Certification - CWP (Dual)
- Certification - SSH
- Master's - Environmental management
- Master's - Environmental Planning
- Bachelor's - Environmental Management
Roles and responsibilities: * Traveled at moments noticed to oversee assigned projects: - New construction - Refinery maintenance and unit repair - Refractory project - Shut downs / turnarounds * Identified and evaluated hazardous conditions and behaviors throughout the workplace. I Conducted surveys to identify and evaluate occupational health, safety, and environmental conditions. * I conducted and coordinated on-site inspections and audited physical conditions and safe work practices. * I provided my expertise and counsel concerning compliance with corporate safety regulation and procedures. * Periodically preformed construction site area safety inspections of the unit with operation supervisors. Once completed audits and inspections I prepared written reports and recommendations. * Assisted in the implementation of controls for identified hazards. Coordinated the implementation of controls as a results of hazard analyses. * Evaluated the effectiveness of the hazard control systems, procedures and recommended appropriate changes. * Prepared Site Safety orientations, safety training as per request of craft supervision and my HSE Manager. * Assisted in preparing mass Monday site meeting material as well as daily morning HSE Toolbox topics: - Hazard awareness and communications - Human Machine Interface awareness (HMI) - Crush points / pinch point identification * I also assisted in managing the Site Safe Committee. The Site Safety Committee was made up of 15 industry experienced employees from various crafts. The group convened once a week to discuss: - Safety Concerns - Weekly site walk throughs / Hazard Hunts - Document findings and submit findings to respective Depts. * Reviewed and analyzed workplace injuries, reported property damage incidents. * I worked closely with operations supervisors to establish effective corrective actions to eliminate recurring incidents, accidents. Daily mission was tracking and mitigating trends * Maintained safety equipment, HSE supplies, and personal protective equipment (PPE) inventory and issued equipment as needed. * Maintained awareness of site safety requirements and made recommendations as needed based on the phases of operations. 2
- HSE Specialist at Total Safety
- HSE Specialist at TRIAD ELECTRICAL
7 years, 3 months at this Job
Support management, general contractor in improving safety culture within the worksite. Develop employee base awareness and ensure safety in an integral part of daily responsibilities and objective. Organize safety meeting, daily, weekly and, monthly. Comprise reports, policy compliance monitoring, audits, also PPE compliance and ordering safety equipment. Accident investigation and reporting with recommend improvements to the safety program and make recommendation for corrective procedure and actions. Working on and around Transmission and Distributions T-lines project 138kV.
- HSE Specialist at HSE Safety Partners
- Deputy Constable at Harris County Constable Precinct One
- Supervisor Investigator/ Instructor at Alabama Coushatta Tribe of Texas
- Police Officer/Firearms Instructor at Aldine Independent School District
3 months at this Job
- B. S. - Safety Management
- Masters of Science - Human Sciences
- Masters of Arts - Counseling
- Bachelor of Science
* Responsible Provide day-to-day support and implementation of HSE programs. * Monitor changes in HSE regulations to ensure on-going compliance. * Prepare routine HSE compliance monitoring reports for submission to local, state, and federal agencies. * Prepare and maintain facility HSE hazardous waste, medical waste, spill plans, radiological licenses, laboratory occupancy licenses and OSHA logs. * Develop and implement training programs designed to improve company environmental and safety performance while maintaining HSE compliance. * Independently implement and enforce corporate safety health and environmental policies and procedures. * Manage health, safety and environmental programs as assigned. * Writing policies, procedures, and compliance plans, which support work place health safety and environmental compliance. * Use appropriate tools and monitoring to insure that corrective actions are applied to HSE issues for EHS operational support, coordination, and execution in areas of policies, programs, and procedures, including, but not limited to: company EHS policies and regulatory agency compliance, program development/implementation, hazard identification, incident identification, remedial programs, risk identification/mitigation, and performance measures * Facilitation of Process Hazard Analyses (PHA) * Interaction with wide variety of clients * Risk and hazards mitigation consulting * Operational assurance consulting.
- HSE Specialist at KBR Inc., LOGCAP IV, Al Taqaddum
- EHS Specialist at Mueller Water Products
- Senior EHS Analyst/Interim EHS Manager at Eaton B-Line
- Environmental Compliance Specialist/Air Quality Compliance Manager at L.E.C., INC
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- - Project Management
- Green Belt - 2018
- Masters of Science - Hazardous Materials Management
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
- Associates in Arts - Biology