Devised, proposed, and gained approval for $265k CAPEX to limit employee exposure to Isocyanates through engineering controls Improved inventory and PPE ordering process by working with supply chain to secure discounts from current and new vendors, reducing PPE supplies budget by 30% through single source supplier relationships 1|P a g e HSE Specialist ~~~~~~~~~ Lead HSE objectives, on-site and classroom training, and incident investigation for 180 employees on and offsite Serve as chair of safety committee and safety steering committee in addition to lead the First Aid Team, which resulted in increasing the team numbers by 174% Manage Health and Safety activities in alignment with company objectives, goals, ISO14001:2015, OHSAS 18001 and ISO50001 Develop and implement strategies for attaining a proactive and participative safety culture to include active engagement of employees and management Improve safety program by utilizing Lean Manufacturing (LM) Manager to integrate LM principles to safety management systems to reduce risks, hazards, incidents, costs and wastes Create annual site performance objectives for HSE and manage subsequent actions Manage material compliance obligations and lead Hazard Communication Program Conduct ESH and Energy audits for Vibracoustic, North America plants while providing leadership, advice, counsel, and training on injury prevention and hazard reduction strategies Conduct risk assessments, ergonomic evaluations, program and machine safety audits, as well as inspections, accident investigations, respond to emergencies, and recommend appropriate hazard control measures Evaluate occupational health risks and coordinate IH and noise monitoring in addition to monitor effectiveness of hazard control strategies, adjust as needed, and communicate results to employees Assist with workers' compensation and early return to work program to ensure fitness for duty Manage safety data sheet acquisition/management and secondary container labeling to include chemical safety program for research lab, eliminating the amount of volatile chemical usage onsite, such as organic peroxides while providing training and PPE for lab personnel Facilitate walkthrough's and subsequent corrective actions, as well as manage facility ventilation improvement projects to minimize airborne exposure to inhalation hazards in hazardous process formulations
- HSE Specialist at Vibracoustic
- Environmental Health & Safety Intern at Stonyfield Farm
- Environmental Health & Safety Intern at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Safety and Occupational Health Applied Sciences - Safety and Occupational Health Applied Sciences
• Partner with Operations Manager and team to implement the Environmental, Health, and Safety Program.
• Maintain compliance with applicable OSHA, EPA and other safety, health, and environmental regulatory agencies.
• Ensure that plans and specifications for new processes and equipment meet safety requirements according to specific guidelines.
• Promote HSE standards and goals with programs throughout the organization and/or project to foster a safe and productive work environment.
• Utilize established procedures, assist in the preparation of surveys, audits, evaluations, inspections, and investigations of incidents and activities to monitor and track HSE standards, programs, and goals including data collection and documentation.
• Use basic computer and software skills including but not limited to: Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/municipal, federal statutes and guidelines.
- HSE Specialist at Brock
- HSE Specialist at Fluor
- Site Safety Manager at Maid in America CCS, LLC
5 years at this Job
Location: Abbeville, Louisiana
Client: Acadian Contractors Major Project Group
Roles: HSE Specialist "Lead"
Major Projects Group - Noble Midstream Partners - Pecos, Texas
Field Services Group - Eclipse Resources Ohio
New Fortress Energy - Kingston, Jamaica
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Verifying company and industry Safe Work Practices are implemented to achieve an Incident Free workplace
• Providing visual presence coverage at project site and other worksites
• Conducting training onsite
• Observing and assessing critical crane lifts and support with risk management efforts
• Identifying and recognizing potential hazards, communicating concerns to management and offering potential solutions
• Conducting Incident Investigations for near-misses, injuries, property damage, and other safety related occurrences
• Proficiency in injury case management
• Reporting field findings, both positive and negative, to management
• Performing GAP Analysis of HS&E Processes, policies, procedures and activities to ensure compliance with company expectations and all regulatory requirements
• Ensuring claims protocol is followed during incident response
• Conducting behaviour-based safety observations and quality assessment on Job risk Assessments
• Monitoring statistical data to monitor performance based upon lagging indicators; remaining aware of changing trends in incident rates Location: Lafayette, Louisiana Client: Tiger Offshore / Industrial Roles: HSE Leader Responsibilites: Responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Overseeing HS&E compliance, monitoring and training of 15 facilities
• Conducting and/or coordinating inspections, audits, third party safety audits, and/or safety and environmental audits for compliance with management system
• Development, implementation, revisions and monitoring of the organization's Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and procedures
• Conducting Incident Investigations as requested for near-misses, injuries, property damage and other safety related occurrences Location: Lafayette, Louisiana Client: Hercules Offshore Roles: HSE Advisor Responsibilites: Responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Overseeing HSE compliance and the organization's HS&E vision of 40 USCG marine vessels and 300 employees
• Inspecting and auditing of the company assets and facilities for compliance with the company's management system and governmental regulations 46 CFR
• Managing environmental compliance issues and reporting requirements to EPA and Tier II reports and all required government agencies
• Vessel Compliance and obtaining COI (Certificate of Inspections), employee training and documentation of training Location: New Iberia, Louisiana Client: Parker Drilling Roles: HSE Representative Responsibilities: Responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Implementing safety policies and procedures in compliance with OSHA standards and company Quality
• Implementing programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment and other materials
• Preparing risk assessments and review them with the responsible employees of the organization
• Conducting emergency drills (gas release, search and rescue, rescue at heights, firefighting and security)
- HSE Specialist at Acadian Contractors
1 year, 7 months at this Job
• Provides specialized HSE advice and assistance to BHPB drilling/rig supervisors.
• Liaise with BHP drilling/HSE supervisors and drilling contractor/3rd party HSE staff to ensure effective and consistent approach to HSE activities (joint audits, routine and constructive site visits, etc.).
• Manages/Maintains HSE data for routine HSE reports and regulatory documents - i.e. JSA/JRA, Permits To Work, Hot Work and Confined Space Entry Permits, LO/TO/TO, etc.
• Prepares, reviews, and conducts original and assigned HSE training to meet operational needs and for general review. 1 PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE CONT'D
• Participates in HSE incident investigations and develops corrective actions through root cause/5-Why analysis.
• Manages/Audits employees and contractors to ensure compliance with BHP Billiton policies.
• Supports and coaches key Operations and Engineering personnel in appropriate HSE leadership.
• Facilitates twice-daily pre-tour meetings to educate employees on past incidents, current safety initiatives, etc., and recommends measures to protect workers from potentially hazardous methods, processes, or materials/equipment.
• Conducts timely "walk-around" of sites to assist all contractors with compliance issues, behavioral safety observations, and corrects actions to ensure safe operations.
• Provides first aid response to injured employees and acts as initial Case Coordinator for said employees.
- HSE SPECIALIST at BHP BILLITON
- FRAC EQUIPMENT OPERATOR at SCHLUMBERGER
- SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE at ACE MART RESTAURANT SUPPLY
- INDUSTRIAL SAFETY INSTRUCTOR at SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
5 months at this Job
- Certificate of Completion - Emergency Medical Technician-Basic,Intermediate, and Paramedic
- Certificate of Completion - Arabic Language Certificate
• Review and analyze accidents and near miss incidents and make corrective action recommendations
• Intervene and stop work for unsafe acts or conditions as needed
• Interact with contractors and customers on HSE Policy and procedures for jobsites
• Conduct daily safety observations and inspections/audits with documentation
• Facilitate Monthly Safety Training with all employees and management group
• Back Up Classroom trainer for AWP and Overhead Crane Training
• Oversee the Emergency Responder Team, organize training and certifications
• Preformed Job Hazard Analysis with different depts. Of the facility
• PPE Assessments, Ergonomics Assessments, Safety Audits
• Oversee Respiratory protection program and awareness
• Evaluate personal noise exposures and identified areas requiring controls
• Ensure that employees required to participate in the hearing conservation program complete their annual audiometric testing
• Retain audiometric testing results for the duration of an employee's employment
• OSHA/RCRA/Safety Training
• Evaluated post-injury work restrictions for return to work job tasks
• Conduct contractor HSE site orientation
• Facilitate New Hire HSE orientation
• Responsible for evaluating and maintaining the Observation Card Program
• Transport injured employees to Clinic for medical attention.
• Oversee and provide HSE assistance to offsite NOV facilities
- HSE Specialist at NOV - Pressure Control Group
- HSE Administrative at NOV - Pressure Control Group
- Executive Assistant at Forthea LLC
- Executive Assistant at Directory One Inc
5 years at this Job
- Certificate - Continuing Education
- Bachelor - Business Administration
• Authorized work to be done on HSE areas by writing permits for workers.
• Audited life critical permits and review findings with site.
• Oversaw fire systems on site: ( water and foam systems) ◦ Weekly testing of diesel fire water pumps/ resolved any issues that arose. ◦ Scheduled repair work for all parts of the fire system. ◦ Oversaw quarterly inspections and annual deluge testing.
• Coordinated confined space entry with operations staff. ◦ Set up ropes for entrants with rigging specific for job. ◦ Calibrated and began air monitoring using Altair 5 monitors. ◦ Conducted hazard reviews specific to CSE.
• Organized monthly ERT training with outside vendors, as well as conducted weekly Safety trainings with operations personnel.
• Worked with outside vendors to find better PPE /equipment to use in our processes.
• Created a lightning safety program for the site to follow in the event of bad weather.
• Developed and implemented effective HSE communication to make HSE priorities and performance visible.
• Provided on-the-floor HSES coaching and recognition.
• Maintained and improved HSES performance, compliance, policy and procedural information including electronic backup of critical information
• Performed fit testing of employees for respirator use.
• Trained to perform IH testing of air samples
• Assisted in wastewater sampling and daily record keeping.
• Facilitated and participated in job safety analysis, process hazard analysis and pre-startup safety review teams.
- HSE Specialist at Lyondellbasell
- HSES Specialist at Air Liquide
- Production Technician at Air Liquide
- at Chilworth Technology, Inc
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- - Computer Science / Chemistry
- - Computer Science
Provide technical guidance on safety regulations, standard operating procedures, project plans and industry programs. Update and implement all safety procedures and programs. Conduct HSE inspections for assigned locations. Prepare detailed reports with findings from inspections. Conduct follow-up inspections to ensure timely corrective action has been taken. Maintain quality control checklists and self-inspection checklists. Investigate and report incidents, near misses and hazardous situations. Perform Injury Statistical Reporting and Analysis. Perform Job Hazard Analysis (JHA/JSA) and Risk Assessments. Perform Incident Investigation/Root Cause Analysis. Responsible for Incident Management. Manage Safety Incentive Programs.
- HSE Specialist at Bosque Systems
- Director of Safety and Compliance at HVH TRANSPORTATION
- Safety Manager at NAVAJO EXPRESS
- Dot compliance at Shamrock Foods
1 month at this Job
• Providing strategic and technical advice to company stakeholders to ensure they are kept abreast of developing trends and assist them to innovate and improve their teams overall safety performance. Pro-actively promote the development and implementation of Safety strategies and plans to improve HSE performance in business.
• Developing effective overall risk management programs and coach organization stakeholders in promoting a positive organizational culture conscious of its safety, health, environmental, and security risks and responsibilities.
• Employing the concept of Prevention through Design, and system safety, I liaised with others to review processes, equipment, and product development from the conceptual phase and throughout the life cycle of the project thereby reducing project cost, on time project schedule, and ultimately delivering safe system.
• Provide Safety expertise and functional guidance to Senior Management & Project Managers on Safety performance & assurance, method statements, hazard and risk assessment and risk management.
• Evaluating occupational safety, health and environmental consideration within organizations' total operational setup by identifying and characterizing hazards, risks and vulnerabilities.
• Conduct cross-functional needs assessments and confer with functional managers to determine learning needs based on projected goals and objectives.
• Educating and influencing decision makers to adopt effective risk management methods by illustrating the business-related benefits associated with implementing them to eliminate or reduce safety, health, environmental, and security risks.
• Develop safety cases that promote sustainable safety culture within organizations using applicable laws, regulations, consensus standards, best practices, and published literature.
- HSE Specialist at Sysmex Corporation
- Safety Specialist/Team lead at Balfour Beatty Engineering Services
- HSE Advisor (Contractor) at Shell Petroleum
- Project Engineer/EHS (Contractor) at Panduit
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- MSc - Energy & Environmental Technology & Economics
- BSc - Applied Physics
Performed incident investigations and rigorous inspections of facilities, work areas, and emergency response equipment.
Ensured that all environmental inspections comply with ACI regulations. Represented agency in medical evaluations.
Completed in-house audits as well as site audits and prepared detailed environmental reports. Identified potential hazards, communicated concerns to managements, and provided practical solutions. Implemented ACI and Safe Work Practices to achieve an Incident Free workplace.
● Entrusted to facilitate training sessions for employees in safety, JSEA, and BBS.
● Conducted morning safety meetings for crews to ensure a productive workflow.
● Traveled to remote locations throughout the country to conduct HSE assessments for a variety of clients.
● Gained experience working in Marcellus shale, Bakken, Utica shale, and Permium basin.
- HSE SPECIALIST at ACADIAN CONTRACTORS, INC
- INTERN at EDI Environmental
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science - Environmental Science
- Associate of Science in Agriculture - Agriculture
Assist in planning, Auditing, monitoring, organizing, and administering programs that support company goals and requirements relating to occupational health, safety, and environmental issues. Strong knowledge and Interpretation of provincial and federal regulations, including ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001, API, DNV and COR standards, following company policies and safety procedures. Working knowledge of upstream Oil & Gas. Strong background in Environmental, Health & Safety. Certified Water &Wastewater Professional(Dual). DMR calculations. Advance skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
National Oilwell Varco: NOV Rig System/Offshore, 6390N. Eldridge Pkwy. Houston, TX 77041
HSE Specialist-2017 to date.
• Assist in formulating, implementing and maintaining basic policies, programs and techniques necessary to achieve company goals and regulatory requirements related to safety and environmental issues.
• Establish and maintain close working relationships with safety and environmental agencies to ensure compliance with regulatory issues.
• Water treatment plant monitoring and analysis.
• Develops and maintains the HSES electronic document repository, HSES Intranet and team site
• Water and wastewater plant inspections.
• Build and maintain strong working relationships and HSES Team members, as well as internal and external stakeholders
• Conducts research on industry leading practices for HSES Management Systems pertaining to the services industry
• Establish and maintain close working relationships with department managers and supervisors to provide for and ensure that employees receive training and development in promoting a safe and healthy working environment.
• Recognize potential HSE issues and monitor corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
• Develop and conduct HSE training as necessary.
• Locate, consolidate, label and store waste in accordance with government regulations; coordinate waste removal and disposal with qualified waste haulers and disposal sites as well as all relevant documentation.
• Prepare and file required HSE reports.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of current legislation by contact with external organizations and bodies to be familiar with new developments in HSE.
• Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
• Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- HSE Specialist at Oil & Gas. Strong
- HSE Coordinator at National Oilwell Varco
- HSE Coordinator at Advacs Inc
- Environmental, Physical Planning and Safety officer at
2 years at this Job
- - Centers for Public Health Education and Outreach
- - Hazardous Materials Transportation