1200 Fechteler Road Norfolk, VA 23505 United States 11/2016 - Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours per week: 40 Series: 0203 Pay Plan: NF Grade: 03 Human Resource Assistant Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Conduct Human Resource duties regarding the Recruitment and Placement of qualified candidates for the Norfolk Naval Ship Yard Installations in Portsmouth Virginia. Create Vacancy Announcements in FED-HR data system linking them to USAJobs to recruit for candidates for the Navy Gateway Inns and Suites, Morale Welfare & Recreation Installations and the Child and Youth Programs servicing Military members and their families. Rate and rank applicants for Hiring Mangers to conduct interviews to find the best qualified candidates to fill recruitments. Conduct new employee orientation from start to finish to ensure that on-boarding of new employees is completed in a timely manner. Input new employees in the HRIS (SAP/AIMS) and EQIP system for on-boarding. Submit all security information for CAC cards and base access. Submit bi-weekly spreadsheet information using excel formulations to the Human Resource Director regarding the on boarding of new employees, and employee separations to maintain an accurate record for the Commanding Officer of the NNSY Military Base. Service approx. 500 employees regarding all HR questions and personnel actions. Inputting data into the SAP system on a daily basis regarding annual evaluations, disciplinary actions, awards, promotions, within grade increases, etc. Perform other related duties as assigned to support the Human Resource Mission. Supervisor: Ashley Doane (757 423-2723 x222)
- Human Resource Assistant at NAF Human Resource
- Human Resource File Clerk at Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital
- Lead Medical Records Technician at Department of the Navy
- Administrative Assistant at Department of the Navy
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Business Management
AT Work Personnel Services on assignment at Tuff Torq
2629 West Andrew Johnson Hwy. Suite 130, Morristown, TN 37814 Human Resource Assistant (Temporary Position) - August 2016 to May 2018
• Assisted Human Resource Personnel with various tasks as assigned
• Sort, alphabetize, file and scan confidential employee files, then upload into ShareFile
• Entered employee training into a training application in a timely manner
• Assisted training department with creating and implementing newTraining Standard Operating Procedures
• Data Entry in numerous capacities
• Assist with open enrollment (ensure paperwork is completely and accurately filled out)
• Welcomed guests at the front lobby, signed them in, gave visitor badge, then contacted appropriate person they are visiting via paging system
• Multitasked to also manage a multiline phone system in a professional and courteous manner
- Human Resource Assistant (Temporary Position) at Assisted Human Resource Personnel
- Receptionist (Seasonal Position) at H&R Block
- Specimen Processor at Watauga Recovery Center
- Specimen Processor at Kelly Services
1 year, 9 months at this Job
• Human Resource Assistant: Coordinating the day to day operations and functions of the office to support prospective employees and staff. Process all new hire paper work and schedule physical appointment, interviews. Contact new hires with start date and intructions.
- Human Resource Assistant at Electric Boat Employment Office
- Human Resources Coordinator at Electric Boat Human Resource Office
- Admissions Enrollment Representative at Curry College
- Sr. Office Assistant at Providence College
2 years, 2 months at this Job
Human Resource Management Roles/Duties
• Providing general HR customer service for MPD employees.
• Creating and or distributing documents to respond to information requests.
• Serving as a point of contact for benefit vendors and administrators.
• Arranging meeting and maintaining calendars for members of the HR management team.
• Coordinating and scheduling interviews for candidates, and preparing candidate information.
• Compiling reports and data, and preparing memorandums, spreadsheets and or presentations.
• Handling requests for advanced leave, leave without pay, family and medical leave, catastrophic leave, etc.
• Obtain all required documents from requestors to provide to the FMLA Coordinator for review/consideration
• Draft approval letters, and email approval notifications to the appropriate MPD units/divisions and members.
• Contact physicians, therapists, and medical provider for required medical documents.
• Record, track, analyze and report on all requests for services and or information. Americans with Disability Act (ADA) Duties/Roles
• Maintaining records, manually and through automated methods, preparing reports, correspondences, etc.
• Compiling, preparing, and maintaining data and statistics for required MPD District reports.
• Analyzing data and make timely appropriate recommendations/referrals to the ADA Coordinator.
• Providing guidance and support to MPD Bureaus, Units, and Division on ADA-related matters.
• Document all ADA-related issues, meetings, research, correspondence, accommodations, etc.
• Assisting employees with work accommodations, helping with required documents and medical certifications.
• Responsible for drafting accommodation approval/denial letters.
• Providing technical guidance and advice to management after meeting with an employee with a disability.
• Providing technical expertise and assistance in resolving ADA-related accessibility complaints, and coordinating with Office of Disability Rights (ODR) to remove accessibility barriers within the workplace.
• Recommending solutions for grievances, and maintaining documentation of the compliance procedure.
• Developing and maintaining good working relations with vendors, contractors, occupational therapists, ergonomic vendors, and employees.
• Help create plans to improve the developmental plans and policies, including researching and reporting.
• Direct facility and equipment modifications to accommodate employee's work environment requirements.
• Record, track progress/results, and report on accommodation requests, disability related complaints, requests for technical assistance and information, referrals, etc.
• Ensure that all managers and employees are aware of disability rights under the Federal law, DC law, etc.
• In FY2018, MPD's Human Resource Management Division received 50 reasonable accommodation requests. I ensured all requests were promptly answered, completed, and securely filed. I also trained my HRMD colleagues and other MPD staff and management on the provisions, policies and procedures of the ADA Act.
- Human Resource Assistant at Human Resource Management Division, Professional Development Bureau
- Freedom of Information Act Specialist at US Department of Justice
- Executive Office Assistant at US Department of Justice
- Mail Clerk/Courier/Package Handler at FedEx Express
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Criminology
- Associate - Criminal Justice
- Master's - Forensic Science
Glen Burnie, Maryland MetaCoastal is a shared services company supporting multiple brands across the enterprise within the hospitality and travel industry Human Resource Assistant
• Provide daily administrative support to the Human Resources Department.
• Assist in resolving employee inquiries related to employment, benefits as well as other HR issues as they arise.
• Prepare new hire paperwork and files.
• Coordinate the new hire on-boarding process, prepare and maintain onboarding binders for New Hire Orientation
• Maintain HRIS records and create reports as necessary.
• Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains books current through E-Verify.
• Submits the online investigation requests and assists with new employee background checks.
• Conducts audits of various benefits or other HR programs and recommends any corrective action.
• Integral part of the HR Team who weigh in on streamlining the new hire onboarding process on a ongoing basis.
• Personnel files maintenance; filing & copying.
• Track and communicate background & Drug Screens check results on candidates through Info Cubic.
• Responsible for tracking performance reviews and generating notices to managers.
• Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions
• Drive continuous improvement in all HR processes.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Human Resource Assistant at Metacoastal
- Loss Prevention Specialist at SEARS
- Team Leader at Bankers Business Management
3 years at this Job
- - Human Resources
From May to June 2016, I had my internship in an educational set-up at Lyceum of the Philippines Manila – Guidance office. During that stint, I was assigned with the Guidance and Counseling Program where I was involved in counseling students, interviewing students from the senior high school level of the university, administering different psychological tests for the non-faculty and faculty of the unit and administered the online and manual entrance exams for the students. It was during this internship that I learned to work with professionals, students, and parents, and thus learned to manage and interact with people from various backgrounds and in different capacities. I also started my internship at Teleperformance as Human Resource Assistant, during my stay I learned how to manage government insurance of the employees, and also I got the opportunity to listen and observe different exit interviews of the employees with my supervisor. After my stay there I transferred to Philippine Women’s University as a Human Resource Assistant and I am assigned on doing timekeeping and doing summary report every week using Microsoft excel. I also started working at Justice:Girls This April 2018 as a style advisor. People I worked with noted that I am able to work on my own enterprise and with individuals as well. Creativity, communication, flexibility and initiative were the key behaviors that were actively developed in us. At the same time, I also worked as a Campus Admin Assistant at Church of the Redeemer, Most of my work consist of assisting my supervisor about the flow of the program and having general evaluation to ensure quality of the atmosphere, facilities and hospitality.
- Human Resource Assistant at Lyceum of the Philippines
- at Lyceum of the Philippines
- at Malate Manila
- Human Resource Assistant at Lyceum of the Philippines
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
As the Human Resource Assistant I hold many sub titles. I work directly with the Human Resource Manager completing schedules, performing coachings, driving metrics, etc. In my store however we have a hybrid of the company standard so I also act as assistant to my General Manager while also taking on any and all merchandising of the store's Home department. During our last year of selling Major Appliances (including current date) I also act as it's Supervisor; handling customer issues, selling, and leading my team. Along with Major Appliances I too assist in leading the Fine Jewelry department in the same sense of handling customer issues, leading the team, as well as selling in the department. Among all of my many roles I also was nominated to lead all store Grassroot events taking on the title of Store Event Coordinator.
- Human Resource Assistant at JCPenney
- Merchandiser at JCPenney
- Cashier/Customer Service at JCPenney
1 year at this Job
- - Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Some college - Business/Entreprenuership
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Army ROTC Cambridge, MA
Southern Illinois University Carbondale (SIUC) Army ROTC Carbondale, IL
Human Resource Assistant:
Responsible for managing all personnel actions, background requirements, and academic standards for the US Army ROTC program.
• Interpret and apply DA, TRADOC, and Cadet Command regulations to the ROTC program.
• Served as the main point of contact between the institutional administration and the Army Cadet Command Program.
• Advised the Professor of Military Science (PMS) and military instructors of institutional requirements.
• Submitted course descriptions to the Registrar's Office for changes and updates.
• Arranged travel and lodging arrangements for Military Cadre, and ROTC Cadets.
• Processed Federal work compensation claims for ROTC Cadets injured during ROTC events.
• Ensured all medical records, release statements and physician authorizations were completed.
• Prepared all enrollment and contract documents for students enrolling in the ROTC program.
• Ensured each Cadet met GPA standards.
• Completed personnel actions and financial documentation for Cadet pay.
• Prepared Accessions, Leadership Development and Assessment Course (LDAC), Cadet Practical Field Training (CPFT), Cadet Troop Leader Training (CTLT), Cultural Understanding and Language Proficiency (CULP), commissioning and scholarship packets.
• Uploaded OMPF information into the interactive Personnel Electronic Records Management System (iPERMS).
• Monitored individual and unit medical readiness utilizing MEDPROS.
• Updated Cadre medical readiness record using the Medical Operational Data System (MODS).
- Human Resource Assistant at US Army Cadet Command
- Human Resource Assistant at Directorate of Human Resources
- Human Resource Administrator at GE Capital - Auto Warranty Services
- Human Resource Assistant at The Boeing Company
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Medical Transcription
- - Business Administration
Personnel Support Detachment Jacksonville, NAS ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jacksonville Naval Air Station Jacksonville, FL Hours per week: 40 Human Resource Assistant Supervisor: Mr. Jeffrey Letsinger (904) 542-1682 Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes Provide customer service in a full range of Active Duty Military, Reserve Duty and DODF Civilian Personnel Support Activities. -Maintain officer and enlisted military personnel records and pay accounts for personnel assigned to supported commands and activities in accordance with pertinent directives. - Verify eligibility, determined/authorized entitlements, and make pay adjustments in compliances with the standardized military pay rules, regulations, laws, and procedures, by deductions, locality-type pay changes, such as variable housing and subsistence allowances, and non-local pay changes relation sea duty pay and cost of living allowances. -Process documents for all personnel detaching from assigned commands. -Excellent ability to express myself orally and through written communication. -Review reports, forms, documentation and other related information pertaining to Navy members separating and transferring. -Strong working knowledge of automated systems of automated systems to process military pay and personnel transactions. -Prepare and review management reports from Navy Standard Integrated Personnel System (NSIPS) -Ensure pertinent pay impacting documents are completed and submitted to the Defense Finance and Accounting Center. -Responsible for processing a variety of pay/personnel documents to ensure timeliness and accuracy requirements are maintained. -Human Resource Assistant and subject matter expert in all legacy systems relating to Pay/Personnel Administration. -Responsible for verifying eligibility, computing and resolving complex pay and allowance issues utilizing unique rules and regulations governing military pay entitlements. -Strong working knowledge processing transactions and documents through Navy Standard Integrated Personnel Systems (NSIPS); Defense Joint Military Pay System (DJMS); Master Military Pay Account (MMPA); BUPERS Online (BOL); Officers Personnel Information System (OPINS); Job Career Management System (JCMS); Transaction Online Processing System (TOPS); and Electronic Service Record (ESR) to affect Military Master Pay Account (MMPA). -Responsible for processing a variety of personnel transactions associated with the Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders. -Provide pay/personnel support to over fifty thousand customers supported by PSD locally and through distant support across the entire Southeast Region, the Caribbean, South America and Reserve Units in Europe. -Excellent communication skills and strong ability to deal with difficult customers in a professional and tactful manner. -Process and audit travel claims for submission to the largest Travel claims processing Center (TPC) in the Navy. -Perform administrative duties daily, which requires significant practical knowledge of all civilian personnel functions included but not limit to procedures and requirements in order to provide customer service support. -Through knowledge of military service records.
- Human Resource Assistant at MANCON
- at United States Navy NAS
6 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in the evening - evening
Assistant to Human Resource Department; processed and managed all employee personnel files, assisted in weekly payroll, managed hiring and termination paperwork and time off, leave of absence and vacations. Scheduled all new hire interviews, screened qualifications for consideration, processed all background checks and nursing licensing. Processed all new hire paperwork and responsible for all compliance documents were updated and assisted in new hire orientations. I am CPR and First Aid certified trainer; trained all new employee's in order to work with the disabled and mentally disabled clients.
- Human Resource Assistant at Benchmark Human Services
- Secretary I at 1st Source Bank Asset Management Group
- Human Resource Assistant at Holy Cross Village at Notre Dame
- Sales at Republic Services Inc
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Certified Staffing Professional
- High School Diploma