MRA is the largest not-for-profit employer's association in the nation. We help our member businesses thrive by creating powerful teams and safe, successful workplaces. Human Resources Business Partner consulting and serving members of diverse industries as a key extension of their HR teams helping them achieve their HR goals and projects. I partner with members as onsite or interim HR roles, project management (i.e. performance reviews, merit process, policy and handbook review, intern programs, succession planning) training, recruiting, HR audits, and investigations.
MRA is the largest not-for-profit employer's association in the nation. We help our member businesses thrive by creating powerful teams and safe, successful workplaces.
Human Resources Business Partner consulting and serving members of diverse industries as a key extension of their HR teams helping them achieve their HR goals and projects. I partner with members as onsite or interim HR roles, project management (i.e. performance reviews, merit process, policy and handbook review, intern programs, succession planning) training, recruiting, HR audits, and investigations.
- Human Resources Business Partner at MRA -The Management Association
- Human Resources Consultant at Various Establishments
- Human Resources Director at Design Ready Controls, Inc
- District Human Resources & Learning Manager at Kiewit
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT Did Not Graduate
- Bachelor's - EDUCATION
San Diego, CA 2018 - Present Manufacturing 3-D Printing machines, devices, parts HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER Responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. Serve as consultant to management on human resource-related issues, employee champion and change agent.
- HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER at Stratasys Direct Manufacturing
- Contract HR Manager at Manufacturing Sectors
- HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER at Goodwill Industries
- HUMAN RESOURCES ADVISOR at Sempra Energy
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Human Resources Management
- Bachelor of Arts - Humanities/Business Administration
Princeton, NJ September 2009 - April 2019
ETS is the world's largest private non-profit educational testing and assessment organization
Human Resources Business Partner
Partnered with divisional leadership strategically, and all levels of employees/managers, on all aspects of operational Human Resources. Resilient through times of change at ETS:
• Independently managed HRBP support for seven (7) divisions at multiple ETS sites in NJ, as well as remote support for our Texas operations in San Antonio and Austin.
• Designed and facilitated workshops on performance management, time/attendance, employee engagement, and sexual harassment. Target audience was senior leadership and managers.
• Strategically managed sensitive business change initiatives, organizational design, and labor expense alignment across many divisions in the functional centers.
• Developed HR attendance guidelines/policy for all of ETS and effectively implemented
• Independently organized and brought many employee investigations to successful closure, in addition to a high volume of employee relations situations.
• Key player in design and implementation of the ETS market based compensation program for all employees.
• Independently managed/executed the HR support for the College Board's Advanced Placement (AP) Readings at multiple geographic sites with 2000-2500 Reader clients. These were 5-10 day assignments each year over the course of 2010-2018.
• Designed spot award bonus program for utilization for large special ETS projects and our AP Reading Corporate employees.
- Human Resources Business Partner at EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE
- Career Management Consultant at RIGHT MANAGEMENT, INC
- Vice President, Northeast Regional Recruiting at INFO EXPERTS, INC
- Senior Human Resources Consultant at PRUDENTIAL FINANCIAL, INC
9 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Finance
Human Resources Business Partner August 2019- Present Human Resources Advisor December 2017- August 2019
• Report into the Head of HR, US and work alongside Global HR Business Partners to establish and drive top class HR service across the business.
• Main point of contact for Operational and Studio business areas of 150 employees in the Clifton location as well as temporary contractors.
• Identify and suggest HR organizational structure to ensure all Human Resources functions reflect alignment with company values and code of conduct.
• Drive the people management capability by ensuring consistency for employee relations cases and disciplinary/performance management issues while guiding and coaching employees of all levels through the process effectively. Partner with HR leadership on investigations as needed.
• Collaborate with the HR and Finance department for budget management and support the consistency, quality of data, and timeliness around compensation management by creating reports and audits for the salary increase and company bonus process.
• Roll out annual initiatives including the annual performance rating review/moderation meetings.
• Ensure that potential vacancies are identified early and that all internal/structural options are considered first before moving to full recruitment process.
• Work with line managers and recruitment to agree a clear recruitment strategy and support them in the development of detailed job descriptions when needed.
• Work with the Learning and Development team to use my business understanding to proactively suggest new initiatives and projects to help to develop skills and development of employees.
• Initiate employee engagement through surveys for feedback to action plan and follow-up.
• Point of contact for benefit related inquires and act as a liaison to Benefits department when necessary.
• Key point of contact on Workday to provide HR reporting for specific business areas. Provide support in the coordination of special projects and handle the preparation and processing of confidential information.
• Manage and monitor employee staff discounts.
• Conduct exit interviews and ensure feedback is gathered, reviewed, and addressed with themes or trends highlighted.
• Work collaboratively with the US and Global HR team by sharing knowledge and supporting the department in rolling out local and global initiatives that continuously enhance employee engagement and the needs of the
Human Resources Business Partner August 2019- Present
Human Resources Advisor December 2017- August 2019
- Human Resources Business Partner at YOOX Net a Porter
- Human Resources Coordinator, Operations at Shiseido Americas
- Seasonal Human Resources Recruiter at Tiffany & Co.
- Temporary Human Resources Representative at Coach
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts degree - Social Science
January 2019 to May 2019
General Staffing IT Staffing CoRecruiting and Workforce solutions provider Human Resources Business Partner
• Supervise staff of five On-boarding Specialist
• Oversee on-boarding and payroll responsibilities for both internal and temporary employees, assist with data entry as needed
• Responsible for the Administration of (HRIS) human resources information system and compiles reports from the database(s); and responsible for training & development in uses of HRIS system to internal employees; acts as the information systems lead
• Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees
• Oversee in the maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
• In Charge of coordinating and planning all office events and philanthropy projects.
• Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel, including temporary employees assigned to clients; assists in recommendation, development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures, prepares and maintains both internal & temporary employee handbooks and contracts.
• Manage benefits programs for both internal and temporary employees such as (health, dental, vision, 401K, PTO etc ) Stays up to date on Affordable Care Act and manage the program which includes but not limited, compliance, workflow improvement and implementation
• In Charge of worker's compensation program and respond to all unemployment claims.
- Human Resources Business Partner at IntellaPro, LLC
- Executive Director at ABC's For Success, LLC
- Director / President at Adelante Staffing Services, Inc
- Branch Manager at Albion Healthcare Staffing
4 months at this Job
8/2013-present Stantec Consulting Services Inc. Human Resources Business Partner, Northwest Region FEMA HR Project Manager
• Compensation, job classification, job level, and exemption analyses
• Workforce planning; oversee entire life cycle of personnel coordination to include selection, adjudicate background checks, selection, maintain job descriptions, performance management and separations
• Adept at partnering with department managers developing strong relationships through coaching, employee relations, outplacement counseling, legal matters, recognition, and talent management
• Strategic partner to develop and execute critical business and organizational strategies, including identifying future talent and leadership positions through internal and external growth opportunities, explore career path options, and assessing the best fit for employee and the company
• Conduct investigations involving internal and external clients relating to performance, harassment, discrimination, behavior, workplace violence, and safety; partner with various HR team members and legal department as needed to reach a resolution
• Conduct Performance Review, Compliance and Interview training to leaders
• Synthesize interpretation and compliance of company policies, processes and procedures to align with internal and external client needs and best practices
• Participate in national and international human resources meetings; local and regional business leadership meetings
• Company FEMA HR point-of-contact and oversee employee deployments including collaboration with FEMA team members and HRBPs regarding special issues and investigations
• Manage leave requests, documentation, and resolve issues
• Serve on various special committee projects
• Compliance: COBRA and FMLA administration, EEO-1 reporting, Workman's Compensation & Unemployment claims, STD & LTD, OSHA and MSHA, Affirmative Action Plan
• Collaborate with national HR team regarding internal client services, best practices, and efficiency of work and processes; development and interpretation of practices and policies; support other HRBPs in all areas of collaboration with strong, cohesive and trusting relationships
• H1B and Permanent Resident applications on behalf of OPT foreign national hires including collaboration with internal Immigration Team and compilation of documentation for filing; E-Verify and resolve various immigration issues
8/2013-present Stantec Consulting Services Inc.
Human Resources Business Partner, Northwest Region
FEMA HR Project Manager
- Human Resources Business Partner at Stantec Consulting Services Inc
- Adjunct Professor at Wayland Baptist University
- Human Resources Manager at BDO USA, LLP
- Office Administrator / HR - Alaska Region at Lockheed Martin
6 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master's - Management & Human Resources
• Human Resources business partner for over 300 associates in our corporates office in Farmington Hills, MI and Elizabethtown KY.
• Recruit new talent for corporate & plant positions all while developing and maintaining job descriptions.
• Promote company culture & morale by innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
• Drive and maintain company turnover rate by recognizing performance, creating a career path, and celebrating successes.
• Updating company HRIS system Ultimate Software (Ultipro).
• Specializing in employee relations to foster positive relationships and resolve conflicts.
• Conduct new hire orientations to foster positive attitudes, safety, and ethics.
• Continuing to develop and maintain a 30, 60, and 90-day on-boarding plans for new hires.
• Conduct 360 evaluations with managers to help train, develop and grow associates.
• Work closely with management and executives in regards to departmental business plans, merit increases, and performance reviews by utilizing Success Factors.
• Work closely with immigration attorneys to maintain associates visa, green card, and H-1B status.
• Conduct successful phone screens, on-site interviews, and new hire orientations for all new associates.
• Process FMLA, STD, unemployment claims, workers compensation, vacation accruals, and tuition reimbursement for associates.
• Conduct effective and smooth off boarding process.
• Coordinate with management to develop discipline and performance improvement plans, which include coaching associates, corrective action, and attending performance review meetings.
• Maintain organizational charts for the company and report to Japan on a monthly basis.
• Collaborate with the finance team to process payroll for associates on a semi-monthly basis.
• Key member of the safety committee & emergency response team.
- Human Resources Business Partner at Akebono Brake Corporation
- Human Resources Assistant at Akebono Brake Corporation
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Management - Human Resources
Scottsdale, AZ 2017-Present
National, publicly held restaurant group with 4,000 employees in 22 states.
Human Resources Business Partner
• Implemented ADP Health Care Compliance to be compliant with employer reporting requirements.
• Wrote policies and procedures, including multi-state paid sick time, including Puerto Rico. Resulted in being compliant in multi-states.
• Updated onboarding process to have employees be successful when joining the corporate team.
• Implementing Paycom, to save costs and improve processes.
• Improved benefit reconciliation, and plan design. Scheduled to mitigate $66K from 2019 costs to employer. $20k in paid claims to date, recovered from terminated employees.
- Human Resources Business Partner at Kona Grill, Inc
- Contract role supporting Kona Grill Corporate Human Resources at HR Finders
- Contract role supporting Arris at Volt Information Systems
- Human Resource Advisor at Resolution Copper
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- PHR Certification
• Develop, recommend and maintain employee benefit packages, providing leadership in seeking out less costly and more beneficial packages.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment law, accreditation standards, and funding agency guidelines.
• Ensures the successful and accurate transmission of payroll for all agency personnel in accordance with Federal, state, local and agency regulations and/or guidelines
• Enforces standard agency policies and procedures as well as practices to include the agency's employee reference manual and code of conduct.
• Develops employee benefit programs in conjunction with agency insurance program(s)
• Provide supervision to Human Resources staff
• Monitor and facilitates agency compliance requirements to include but not limited to TB testing, performance evaluations, employment satisfaction surveys, training and development, and other employment mandates which require the participation of all personnel
• Monitor and facilitates the recruitment, interviewing and development of an employee pool & hiring professional and non-professional staff for agency in coordination with Chief Administrative Officer and divisional Directors.
• Provides recommendations of personnel actions & also provides leadership and guidance to management staff.
• Recommend salary levels and salary administration programs by utilizing competitive scales.
• Develop and recommend specific written long- and short-term goals and objectives of the program entities
• Keep abreast of current trends of the human resources field.
• Maintain appropriate relations with professional groups and various other board committee members
• Conduct new employee orientation to include employee's introduction to agency policies and practices
• Update job descriptions for accuracy, equity and compliance.
• Participates in recruiting, to include screening, interviewing and providing recommendations for the selection of applicants to fill vacant positions, as well as attendance of career and job fair participation.
• Posting vacancies within the agency as well as developing and placing ads for job openings in local papers and other markets.
• Prepare and process Workers Compensation and Unemployment claim reports
• Assists with researching, scheduling, facilitating, and documenting appropriate trainings, certifications, and seminars for staff
- Human Resources Business Partner at Human Resources Development Institute
- Human Resources Manager at Flying Food Group
- Corporate Compliance Administrator at Flying Food Group
- at Flying Food Group
10 months at this Job
Emsur USA INC, Elk Grove Village, Illinois April 2019 - Present Human Resources Business Partner A key member of the Human Resources Management Team with responsibility for the management and direction of the Human Resources Shared Services Operation within the plant setting.
• Analyze wage and salary reports to determine competitive compensation plan. And Writes directives advising department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
• Consult with legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
• Oversee the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, in order to properly process and approve payroll through Paylocity.
• Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting comply. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
• Write and deliver presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices in addition to collaboration with overall Budget.
• Recruit, interview, test, and select employees to fill vacant positions.
• Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
• Keep record of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
• Coordinate management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
• Administer performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization. Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
• Manage benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance
Emsur USA INC, Elk Grove Village, Illinois April 2019 - Present
Human Resources Business Partner
A key member of the Human Resources Management Team with responsibility for the management and direction of the Human Resources Shared Services Operation within the plant setting.
- Human Resources Business Partner at Emsur USA INC
- Human Resources Specialist/Generalist at Mizkan America Inc
- Store Sales Manager/HR Lead at Bowlin's
5 months at this Job