An energetic, self-motivated and hard working Human Resources Director with experience in all aspects of HR and Operations. Able to use own initiative and work as part of a team. Proven leadership skills, including managing and motivating other staff to achieve company objectives. An effective communicator at all levels within an organization. Good problem solving and analytical skills. Experience in employee recruitment and retention, staff development, mediation, conflict resolution, benefits and compensation, leaves of absence, workers' compensation and workplace safety/security, HR records management, HR policies and legal compliance. Director of Human Resources-Coker Group Holdings, LLC and Coker Capital-10/2014-Present ♦ Reviews and makes recommendations to CEO/President for improvement of the company's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters. ♦ Communicates changes in company personnel policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed, creates and implements standard operating procedures related to Human Resources. ♦ Assists executive management in the annual and mid-year review, preparation and administration of companies wage and salary program. ♦ Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separation. ♦ Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO, on personnel matters. ♦ Works directly with executive management to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters. ♦ Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the company. ♦ Develops and maintains a human resource system that meets company personnel information needs. ♦ Maintains responsibility for company compliance with federal and state legislation pertaining to all personnel matters. ♦ Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures company compliance. ♦ Prepare and maintain employee handbook. ♦ Address employee concerns in a timely and responsive manner. ♦ Oversee semi-monthly payroll process; accurately key all payroll related data necessary to process and meet due dates. ♦ Payroll tax and government reporting. ♦ Maintain employee records; enter pertinent data in Human Resource Information System (HRIS) ♦ Prepare employee communications as necessary; communicate and inform employees of HR initiatives. ♦ Create and maintain pre-employment reference and background checks, as well as all new hire paperwork and orientation/onboarding. ♦ Develop and implement HR policies and procedures and relevant training programs. ♦ Handle all employee relations, counseling issues/concerns and conducts and manages investigations. ♦ Administers employee benefits.
- Human Resources Director at Human Resources-Coker Group Holdings
- GHR Manager-LensCrafters at P&L management
- Operations/Human Resource Manager at Best Buy
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Human Resource Management
- - Business Administration
11/2013 - Present Working Temp Agencies performing human resources duties, Have consistently been receiving assignments ranging from Compensation Analyst to my current assignment as the Human Resources Director. My assignments include writing job descriptions, benchmarking jobs, employee relations, recruitment, and setting up a Human Resources Department including establishing an annual budget. Supervisory responsibilities for 2 direct reports. .
- Human Resources Director at Temp Agency Assignments
- Colleague Resources Manager at Sedgwick Claims Management Services
- HR Manager at Los Angeles County Law Library
- Research Scientist Leave Program at Jet Propulsion Laboratory
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Graduate Certificate - Industrial and Labor Relations
- MBA - Resources and Corporate Finance
- BS - Human Resources Management
IDAHO 2015 - Present
Moscow is in northern Idaho along the state border with Washington, has a population of 23,800 and is the county seat of Latah County. The city employs 153 full time and 200 part time/seasonal employees.
Human Resources Director
• Created and implemented new hire onboarding process which reduced turnover by 5%
• Update personnel policies and employee handbook in light of current laws and regulations
• Authored Standard Operating Procedures for COBRA and FMLA
• Manage $250k budget
- Human Resources Director at CITY OF MOSCOW
- Human Resources Manager at WestRock
- Human Resources Manager at TRI-STATE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
- Human Resource Manager at CLEARWATER PAPER CORPORATION
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
- - Guidance and Counseling
Littleton, CO 6/2018 - 12/2018 Acute care psychiatric hospital offering inpatient, partial hospitalization and outpatient programs for adolescents, adults and seniors. Human Resources Director Worked to bring HR Department, systems and HR functions into regulatory compliance with CMS, licensing requirements and accreditation standards. Directed full recruitment process and procedures. Worked with a team to evaluate and reduce high turnover challenges and implement retention strategies. Collaborated with management to address focus areas from survey results, worked to build communications, positive employee relations and timely resolution of concerns from management and staff.
- Human Resources Director at HIGHLANDS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SYSTEMS
- Human Resources Business Partner at CENTER FOR TRANSPORTATION SAFETY (CTS)
- Human Resources Director at COVENANT VILLAGE OF COLORADO
- Human Resources Manager at TRIUMPH HOSPITAL / KINDRED HEALTHCARE
6 months at this Job
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE - Behavioral Sciences & Communication
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Start-ups | Acquisitions | Turnarounds | High-Growth Organizations | Non-Profits
Strategic and innovative HR Leader who translates business vision into HR initiatives that improve performance, profitability, growth, and associate engagement. Empowering leader with a strong appreciation that human capital is every organization's greatest asset. Able to change any organization into an employer of choice.
Brookdale Senior Living Solutions - Denver, CO 3/2017- Current
Human Resources Director at Mountain View (Promoted)
Provides leadership in all areas of human resources at assigned community and consistently able to respond to inquiries regarding company HR policies and programs for associates and managers in a timely manner.
● Improved associate retention 27% by managing department check-in process during the first days of individual/group trainings.
● Facilitated and oversees human resources functions such as recruitment, new associate orientation, performance reviews, payroll, benefit administration, safety and workers' compensation administration, associate relations, and training/education initiatives for 230 associates.
● Facilitated a change in business that resulted in multiple layoffs. This resulted to a total number of 125 associates.
● Promoted a positive safety culture to which work related accidents decreased 12%.
- HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR at Brookdale Senior Living Solutions
- HR Generalist (Temporary Position) at RTD Commuter Rail/ Denver Transit Operators
- Administration Manager (Consultant Position) at BRIDGE Healthcare Partners
- HR Coordinator (Temporary Position) at HD Supply-Interior Solutions
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- BFA - Studio Arts
Serves as Human Resources Director responsible for developing and implementing high-impact human resources strategies growth and ensure proper placement of employees. Maintains responsibility for the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the company. Directs recruiting, employee relations, benefits administration, training and change management. Contributed to the development of human resources goals, objectives, and systems. ❖ Develops and implements human resources process and procedures while ensuring alignment with organizational objectives. ❖ Implemented new payroll procedures to streamline the payroll process and reduced manual checks from 198 to 0. ❖ Guided the executive team through a 20% reduction in force which created a more flexible, cost-efficient workforce. ❖ Designed an employee engagement strategy that improved the morale, retained talent, and business continuity through multiple changes with the management team. ❖ Identifies areas of opportunity and implements strategies and best practices to drive efficiency and high performance. ❖ Evaluated company benefits with comparable employers by analyzing plans and surveys to ensure competitiveness.
- Human Resources Director at TYDEN GROUP
- Regional Human Resources and Safety Manager at DECOSTAR INDUSTRIES
- Human Resources, Safety and IT Manager at SEWON AMERICA, INC
- Human Resources and Safety Manager at SAKAI AMERICA, INC
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - (BS) Hotel and Restaurant Management
is a 24/7 Production Metal Stamping & Tool & Die facility. With over 400,000 square feet of temperature-controlled space, MTM is the turn-key service for projects from initial design all the way through assembly. The company was founded in 1965 and is headquartered in Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
Human Resources Director
Managing activities of HR professionals.
• Identifying, recruiting, screening and sourcing of qualified personnel to staff the facilities.
• Consistently stable labor environment.
• Department under budget each year.
• High internal legal compliance ratings.
• Horizontal and vertical mentoring experience.
• Administration of the plant benefits plan and enrollment activities.
• Employee Relations /Labor Relations /activities.
• Identifying and driving change opportunities.
• Serving as a resource for the safety department.
• A wide range of required training activities.
• Facilitating the performance management systems and talent management.
• Participating in Lean activity.
• Mentoring other department heads on complex managerial issues.
- Human Resources Director at Manitowoc Manufacturing LLC
- Human Resources Manager at Dap Inc
- Human Resources Manager at Churchill Truck Lines
- Administrative Specialist at United States Army
12 years at this Job
- - Test and Evaluation
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Pasadena, CA Aug 2018 - Dec 2018 Both a hospital based clinical research site and virtual clinical research organization focused on analgesic trials. Human Resources Director Introduced to create and develop HR infrastructure in support of anticipated organizational growth, primarily within its CRO business. High-volume recruiting for 25+ positions; re-engineered job postings and established LinkedIn presence. Semi-monthly payroll processing on legacy system; orchestrated the sourcing and selection process for an integrated HR/Payroll HRMS. Compliance updates included posters, handouts, employment application and leave of absence requirements.
- Human Resources Director at Lotus Clinical Research, Inc
- Human Resources Director at West Development, LLC
- HR Consultant at Opiant Pharmaceuticals
- Director, Human Resources at Breg, Inc
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Human Resource Management
The Home Services division of Sears Holdings is the nation’s largest product repair service provider with over 8,000 technicians making over 14 million service calls annually. Parent company is on the Fortune 200 with $16M revenue and 89,000 employees.
• Human Resources Director responsible for over 2,000 salaried and hourly employees in 21 states and Puerto Rico; supervised 8 salaried HR Generalists. Region exceeded $245M in revenue in 2017.
• Partnered with Divisional Vice President and 11 General Managers to drive results in talent acquisition and retention, training and development, compliance, employee relations, compensation and benefits, and organizational design.
• Managed 3 business reorganizations, analyzing national and regional structures for profitable alignment. Resulted in savings of over $1M in 2016.
• Partnered with cross-functional team to develop a nationwide mentoring program, reducing turnover by 4% and saving over $1.5 million in turnover costs from 2012-2013.
• Developed a 2-hour performance management course that was added to the new hire training curriculum of all salaried managers nationwide. Partnered with senior HR Leadership to develop a monthly HR Scorecard that ranked HR associates on 7 key metrics.
• Managed Hurricane Maria crisis in 2017; activated emergency reporting in Puerto Rico and administered over 100 disaster assistance claims.
- Region Human Resources Director at SEARS HOLDINGS CORPORATION, HOME SERVICES
- Area Human Resources Manager at SEARS HOLDINGS CORPORATION, HOME SERVICES
- Human Resources Manager at HERTZ CORPORATION
- Employment Manager at WALGREEN'S CORPORATION
7 years at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Illinois The Village of Hanover Park serves 38,000 residents of Hanover Park, Illinois, a diverse residential community located 30 miles northwest of Chicago. Interim Human Resources Director. Contractual employee through GovTemps USA reporting to the Deputy Village Manager. Responsible for Human Resources policies and procedures to support diverse employee population of 237 employees, including 196 full time employees, mostly represented by 6 unions. Administers all aspects of HR services, including employee recruitment and selection; wage and benefit administration; position classification; training and development; risk management; labor and employee relations and legal compliance. Manages 3 employees.
- Interim Human Resources Director at VILLAGE OF HANOVER PARK, Hanover Park
- Director of Business Services & Human Resources at Mount Prospect, Arlington Heights, Des Plaines, and Elk Grove Village
- Human Resources Director at CITY OF WAUKEGAN, Waukegan
- Human Resources Director at VILLAGE OF GLENVIEW, Glenview
1 year at this Job
- M.B.A. - HR Management
- B.S. - HR Administration and Union Management Relations
- A.A.S. - Business Administration