Pennsylvania business enterprise that operates multiple business entities controlling HR functions to oversee talent acquisition, career development, succession planning and retention. Human Resources Director June 2006 to November 2018
Senior executive tasked to create management succession plans that correspond with the business strategy and overall objectives of the company.
• Established and implemented HR policy that effectively communicates and supports the company's mission and the strategic vision.
• Developed HR plans and strategies that facilitated business operations and objectives Developed comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet company goals.
• Created and implemented comprehensive compensation and benefits packages that are market competitive and cost-effective for the company.
• Conducted investigations and implemented resolutions that are fair and consistent with company policies and legal requirements, on employee issues.
• Facilitated HR training on prevention of harassment, performance management, diversity, conflict management, coaching & counseling.
- Human Resources Director at Ahlese, LLC
- Human Resources Director at Lakeview Respite Care, LLC
- Corporate Human Resources Director at York International Corp
- Corporate Human Resources Director at York International Corp
12 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Prepare for and conduct new-hire onboarding and orientation ♦ Provide recruiting support as needed and interviewing potential ♦ Ensure that new hire employee files are in compliance with company policy ♦ Conduct background checks using LARA/Milt as well as drug testing ♦ Prepare paperwork and appointment for new hires to be fingerprinted and physical conduct with 48 hours of making a job offer to applicants. ♦ Conduct presentations and help assist employees with their benefits ♦ Update all new hire, terminations and LOA reports daily and submit monthly to COO ♦ Oversee and administer the HR role keeping the Executive Director, Corporate HR and COO and the leadership team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the goal of the company ♦ Supervise and manage employees daily ♦ Keep upper management in the loop of company goals that are not being addressed and progress in a timely manner by the facility's management team ♦ Prepare employee disciplinary paperwork and conduct employee resolution meetings with employees and they managers ♦ The Human Resources Director assumes other responsibilities as assigned by upper management ♦ Advise department heads in corrective action, development plans and employee terminations ♦ Ensure regulatory legal compliance including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, OSHA, Safety and Wellness ♦ Update payroll system daily to ensure accuracy of payroll processing and practice ♦ Make recommendations to improve employee engagement and retention to build positive working relationships. ♦ The Human Resources Director assumes other responsibilities as assigned ♦ Make daily rounds to engage with employees to gather feedback to address issues as they arise to eliminate negative tension in the workplace ♦ Continuous communication with staff and management to Identify and monitor the culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction
- Human Resources Director at Pomeroy Living Northville
- Human Resources Director at Plymouth Court Heartland
- Administrative Services Coordinator/Human Resources Designee at Arden Courts of Livonia
- Office Administrator at Michael Group Realty
10 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Business
Private-capital lending partner serving builders, developers and real estate investors Built first HR department ground-up for company scaling to national footprint. Advised COO, CFO, CEO and employees on all HR matters including policy, procedure, and best practices. Hired to serve as Human Resources Director after working as independent contractor. * Realigned organizational structure to support strategic growth; implemented aggressive hiring initiatives. Recognized as fastest growing company in region-2018 * Designed comprehensive performance management plan: created job descriptions, pay ranges, pay grades, and performance review plan * Successfully managed backlog of employee relation concerns resulting in zero complaints * Negotiated significant benefit plan cost-savings without compromising plan quality * Introduced robust onboarding process * Built employee records while conducting ongoing audits and employee handbook compliance review
- HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR at Builders Capital
- HUMAN RESOURCES/EXECUTIVE SEARCH, PRINCIPAL at The Jennings Group
- REGIONAL HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER at National Linen Service
- HUMAN RESOURCES DIVISION MANAGER at Allstate Insurance Company
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts
Duluth, GA March 2016 to Present Wholly-owned subsidiary to global premier provider of robotic pool cleaners and water treatment solutions for residential and commercial pool applications. Human Resources Director Created human resources function and department, for rapidly growing North American subsidiary. Responsible for operation of the company's human resources department. Provide consultation to CEO, Leadership Team and management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, employee engagement, budget, employment legal matters and labor relations. Manage and execute all hiring, employee orientations, grievances, counseling, reviews, and separations. Develop and implement human resources policies, support strategic objectives, negotiate employment and separation agreements, ensure compliance with laws and regulations, maintain staff files and records, administer employee benefits, devise and implement employee engagement programs, oversee company events and planning, draft and circulate corporate announcements. Administer $500,000 budget. Value Creation ⦁ Launched in-house HR function and department ⦁ Developed HR processes, including formal hiring, internal transfer and performance evaluation processes ⦁ Devised employee engagement programs to boost employee morale and productivity ⦁ Increased staff retention through various policy and benefits changes ⦁ Led strategic selection of sales staff, to successfully achieve increased revenue goals
- Human Resources Director at Maytronics USA
- Partner / National Manager at Gonzalez Saggio & Harlan, LLC
- Partner / Office Manager at Adorno & Yoss, LCC
3 years at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Human Resources Director for Hillsborough County Developmental Center a 64 bed Intermediate Care Facility for persons with developmental disabilities. Full responsibility and management of all hiring practices, interviews, on-boarding, recruitment, implementation of policies & procedures, employee counseling's, training, employee relations, credential tracking, compliance with AHCA, FL DOT, CMS, CHAPS regulations, manage all work'mans compensationclaims / investigations & Florida Dept. of Revenue - Unemployment claims management.
- Human Resources Director at Hillsborough County Development Center
- HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER at UTOPIA HOME CARE
- OFFICE MANAGER at UTOPIA HOME CARE
8 months at this Job
- Some college
(2019 - Present) Interim Human Resources Director / City of Mansfield Responsible for overseeing human resource functions for nearly 500 city employees, payroll approvals, contract negotiations, maintaining personnel records and adhering to public records laws and confidentiality. Other duties include managing an EAP program, assisting in healthcare insurance coverage, BWC claims, disciplinary procedures, conducting training and investigating EEO complaints and managing HR and Civil Service Commission budgets.
- Interim Human Resources Director at City of Mansfield
- Chief / Executive at Mansfield Division of Police
- Director at METRICH
- Medical Specialist / Combat Medic at U.S. Army
at this Job
- Master's - Business Administration; Concentration MBA-Human Resources & Major MBA Healthcare Administration
- Bachelor's - Business Administration-Concentration in Management
James Hardie is the $1.5 billion world leader in fiber-cement building materials, with businesses employing over 3200 people in the US, Australia and the Philippines. James Hardie is expanding production capacity in the US with 2 green-field projects underway and 9 existing manufacturing locations. Human Resources Director Senior HR Leader for the Southern US Manufacturing plants comprised of 4 facilities (growing to 5) and 1200 employees (growing to 1500). Manage a team of 19 HR Managers, Generalists, Administrators and Operator Trainers. Strategic business partner to Sr. Director of Operations to support growth initiatives and manufacturing transformation. · Partnered with Talent Acquisition to develop and execute a standard manufacturing hiring process to ensure both hourly and salaried pipeline is in place to meet the needs of a growing organization and in improve candidate quality. · Built a headcount design model for each manufacturing facility in order to facilitate a flexible workforce that can move with the needs of the business, and create a template/direction for acquired or green-field facilities. · Create staffing plan for green-field start-up with senior leaders. · Led employee engagement initiative for area of high turnover resulting in rolling 12 month turnover decreasing from 27% to 14%. · Maintain strong partnerships with three Centers of Excellence (Talent Acquisition, Talent Management and Total Rewards) on strategic HR Roadmap as well as key HR objectives such as talent reviews, performance appraisals and merit process. · Partnered with Total Rewards to conduct external market analysis and make recommendations for $1.2M in hourly wage adjustments and revamp compensation strategy for key technical positions (Exempt and Non-Exempt).
- Human Resources Director at James Hardie Building Products
- Platform (Sr.) Human Resources Director - Signode Americas at Illinois Tool Works
- Senior Human Resources Manager - Business Partner, Non-Supply Chain at ARYZTA
- Human Resources Manager, Wire Termination and SK Hand Tool at IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- B.S. in Psychology - Organizational Psychology
• Stand-alone Human Resources Director overseeing 45 locations, with 2500+ employees throughout 5 states including Southern California, Colorado, New Mexico, Idaho, and Illinois.
• Confers with the CEO and Executive Team to plan and execute business objectives, to develop organizational policies and strategic business plans.
• Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization's human resource function and performance.
• Participates in the development of the organization's plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
• Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside of the Organization. Identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the Organization.
• Maintains and administers Workers Compensation and General Liability plans
• Develop compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for performance.
• Encourages the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and ensures there are provisions for full development and performance of all employees.
• Develops tools to evaluate performance on a regular basis and identify knowledge and talent gaps and works with training to develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper performance assessment processes as well as succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions.
• Prepare employees for more significant responsibilities and promotional opportunities (both at the field and corporate levels) through proper succession planning and development.
• Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs (comp and benefits) against the relevant comparable companies in the industry and markets.
• Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
• Develops appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the organization. Included in this area would be compliance and training for sexual harassment, non-discrimination, handling of employee complaints, among others.
• Manages the HRIS database and provides necessary reports for critical analysis of the HR Function and the people resources of the Organization.
• Maintains knowledge of California, Colorado, New Mexico, Idaho, and Illinois state laws as well as federal HR policies, programs, laws and issues; coordinates the integration of all such programs.
• Provides mentoring and knowledge to others in the Organization.
• Manages the budget and other financial measures of the HR Department.
- Human Resources Director at FITNESS CLUB MANAGEMENT
- Human Resources Director at RBE ENTERPRISES
- Human Resources Manager at LEMONADE RESTAURANT GROUP
- Senior Level Human Resources Manager at The Medical Group Executive Services
2 months at this Job
- A.A. - Social and Behavioral Science
- A.S. - Human Resources Management
Extensive human resources background: employee, payroll and labor relations, writing policies and procedures, new employee orientation, benefits administration, working on corporate teams, selecting, preparing and implementing major
software applications Healing Lodge of the Seven Nations, Spokane Valley WA September 2016 to Present
Human Resources Director As Human Resource Director I was responsible for all compliance, personnel, employee relations, staff development, HRIS/payroll systems, benefits and compensation, training, affirmative action, and equal employment opportunity functions. This position develops, recommends, implements and enforces personnel policies and guides and influences corporate culture by encouraging collaboration, open communication, accountability, and acceptance of The Healing Lodge's overarching mission. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
• Developed, implemented and assessed HR policies and practices to ensure compliance with employment law, Board of Directors' policies and procedures, and other agreements.
• Mentored managers and employees, consulted on action items, and served as liaison for employee-employer relationships.
• Proactively investigated employee concerns and complaints in a timely manner to ensuring all ethical or licensure violations were promptly addressed.
• Was responsible for comprehensive compensation and benefits administration including, including FMLA, EAP, and wellness initiatives.
• Responsible for recruiting activities, including search, selection, and hiring processes; oversees orientation and training programs, including TB and drug tests, background checks, professional development, compliance, policy implementation, and conducting verification of certifications, licenses, education, and employment.
• Responsible for maintaining the HRIS system to preserve organizational history and position
• Established and maintained programs for orientation, training, development, safety, and compliance.
• Responsible for all internal and external personnel-related inquiries.
• Established and recommends salary ranges, offers, and compensation adjustments; monitors salary reports for equity, compression, competitiveness, and practicality.
- Human Resources Director at Healing Lodge of the Seven Nations
- HRIS Administrator/Generalist at Quest Aircraft
- Human Resources Representative II at SAFEWAY, INC
- Human Resource Director at Boys and Girls Home of Alaska
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
Managed a team of 3 of professionals. Managed accounting operations, accounting close, account reporting and reconciliations. Created new revenue streams through offering different products to taxpayers and partnering with other government agencies to use our equipment to process payments. Performed debit, credit and total accounts on computer spreadsheets/databases, using specialized accounting software. Collaborated extensively with auditors during preliminary and year-end audit processes. Investigated and resolved discrepancies in monthly bank accounts while under tight deadlines. Tracked all capital spending against approved capital requests. Analyzed costs and revenues to project future trends. Coordinated fixed asset additions and retirements. Addressed and resolved non-routine, complex and unexpected variances. Maintained confidential information, such as pay rates, bonus targets and pay grades. Prepared financial and regulatory reports required by laws, regulations or boards of directors. Served as the backup to process payroll, electronic deposits and employee pay adjustments. Approved journal entries, online transfers and payments. Human Resources Director Citrus County Tax Collector's Office － Inverness, FL Reviewed federal and state laws to confirm and enforce company compliance. Conducted benefits administration for 55 benefit-eligible employees. Addressed inquiries from employees and management regarding new-hire activity and ongoing employee relation issues. Advised top management on appropriate employee corrective actions. Created and modified job descriptions within all departments. Created and managed more than 55 confidential personnel records. Ran the bi-weekly payroll process. Developed employee handbooks, including design and layout. Processed all salary changes stemming from merit increases, promotions, bonuses and pay adjustments. Identified staff vacancies and recruited, interviewed and selected applicants. Answered employee questions and resolved any issues. Advised managers on organizational policy matters and recommend needed changes. Served as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Finance/Human Resources Director at Citrus County Tax Collector
- New Accounts Representative/Teller at SunTrust Bank
15 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Business Administration
- Certificate - Accounting
- Associate of Arts - General Studies
- High School Diploma