Held various positions with the City of New York as a Human Resources Generalist from 1985 thru 2015: *Hearing Officer Prepared formal disciplinary charges and conducted hearings in cases involving alleged violations to the code of conduct . Reviewed referrals and reports to determine if disciplinary action was warranted and guided locations in preparing appropriate documentation . Maintained continuous liaison between Labor Relations and departments; interacted with union representatives. * Deputy Director Personnel Administration, Medical Assistance Program (Medicaid and Home Care) . Assisted and planned the activities of a decentralized personnel office responsible for employees located at 35 sites throughout New York City . Supervised staff and administered activities related to development of positions, recruitment, selection and placement, employee discipline, and the personnel services budget . Oversaw preparation of all classification action requests for managerial and non-managerial positions . Conducted disciplinary hearings and served as EEO liaison to the central office * Senior Classification Specialist . Analyzed requests for changes in staffing and organizational restructuring; researched and recommended establishment of positions within new and restructured organizational units; prepared requests for new and revised managerial and non managerial positions . Researched new titles to meet corporate needs and evaluated positions to determine appropriate titles and levels . Assisted with resolution of out-of-title grievances and participated in desk audits . Performed other responsibilities related to personnel selection and testing * Special Projects Coordinator - Staff Recruitment and Transfer . Planned and coordinated projects and programs related to recruitment (temporary, permanent, college) and staff transfers . Developed recruitment flyers and other career information and participated in job fairs . Arranged recruitment advertising, coordinated high school summer and college student employment . Prepared analytical reports for management NYC Agency for Children's Services, NYC - 1995 (Separated from HRA in 1995/6 to become and independent City agency.) * Director of Recruitment . Oversaw the recruitment, selection and employment of candidates; identified and monitored vacancies, attrition patterns; planned continuous recruitment efforts . Coordinated and supervised personnel actions related leave actions, position classification, staff orientation and training . Coordinated redeployment efforts, including right-sizing and redeployment of approximately 1,000 staff into across-agency vacancies . Oversaw the preparation of monthly unit activity reports, periodic and ad hoc management reports
- Human Resources Generalist at NYC Human Resources Administration, NYC
- Employment Specialist at NYC Transit Authority, NYC
- at Irene Cohen Temps
- Training Development/College Relations Administrator at American Electric Power Service Corporation
30 years, 9 months at this Job
- MA - Psychology
- BA - Business Education
Experienced Human Resources Generalist with a demonstrated history of working in the hospital & health care industry. Skilled in Employee Benefits Design, Recruitment, Strategic Planning, Cultural Transformation, Organizational Development, and Business Process Improvement.
- Human Resources Generalist at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services
- Human Resources Generalist at Hackensack-Meridian Health Systems
6 months at this Job
- Diploma - Business
Human Resources Generalist for a produce processing company with 40 full time and 30 temporary associates. Duties include recruiting activities, coordinating temporary staff with agencies, orientation, safety, benefits administration, providing guidance to supervisors and managers regarding policy and legal compliance, employee engagement activities.
- Human Resources Generalist at APIO, INC
- Human Resources Manager at HAIN PURE PROTEIN
- Human Resources Generalist at HARSCO MINERALS INTERNATIONAL
- Human Resources Manager at OLDCASTLE INDUSTRIAL MINERALS, INC
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Human Resources Development - Human Resources Management
- Bachelors of Arts in Political Science - Political Science/Spanish
Reporting directly to the Human Resources Manager as a member of our Human Resources Team, I am completing the day-to-day tasks of Human Resources Coordinator as well as Jr. Human Resources Generalist. I work closely with the Human Resources Manager and Hiring Managers in coordinating recruitment efforts, employee management, assist with benefit enrollment, planning company wide events, help with company wide trainings and other various company wide initiatives. Working towards being well versed in the full cycle recruiting process as well as focusing on compliance and trainings is my short-term goal.
- Jr. Human Resources Generalist at Apartment Therapy Media
- Human Resources Coordinator at
- Office Manager at
- Office Manager at ironSource
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Fashion Merchandising
As the human resources generalist, I am responsible for all aspects of the human resources functions in this hyperbaric and wound care center management company including multi-state management level recruiting and interviewing, employee relations and performance evaluation, background checks and file compliance based on AHCA, JCOHA and UHMS guidelines. I create and interpret human resources policies and procedures and create job descriptions. I am responsible for on-boarding and orientation of new staff and re-training as needed of current staff. I administrate FMLA, unemployment claims, worker's compensation and employee benefits.
- Human Resources Generalist at Innovative Healing Systems
- Human Resources Manager at BrightStar Health Care
- Human Resources Specialist at FMQAI
- Human Resources Coordinator at Cambridge Quality Care
7 months at this Job
- - English
- Certificate in Human Resources Management
As a Human Resources Generalist at Sonic Healthcare USA, I work closely with the entire Human Resources Department to complete projects that will benefit the company as a whole.
- Human Resources Generalist at Sonic Healthcare USA
- LEAD TEACHER at LEARNING CARE GROUP
- Sales Associate, Cashier, and Customer Service at COST PLUS WORLD MARKET
- Student Teacher at Round Rock ISD, I
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
- - leadership
OPARC, Montclair, CA 8/18-Current, HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST/RECRUITER- Report to HR Mgr. Provide support in varied areas for all sites & corp. to include: Employment, recruitment, employee relations, reports, projects, administration & compliance.
- Human Resources Generalist / Recruiter at OPARD
- HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST at PRIMIOR INC./JYZRE
- CARETAKER at FAMILY
- HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST at SPRINGBOARD
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Management & Human Resources
Human Resources Generalist manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office. The HR Generalist manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: departmental development, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for all or part of these areas:
• recruiting and staffing logistics;
• organizational and space planning;
• performance management and improvement systems;
• organization development;
• employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting;
• employee orientation, development, and training;
• policy development and documentation;
• employee relations;
• company-wide committee facilitation;
• company employee communication;
• compensation and benefits administration;
• employee safety, welfare, wellness and health; and
• employee services and counseling.
- Human Resources Generalist at Koch Foods
- Store Manager at Russell Cellular Verizon Wireless
- Sales Agent at Liberty National Life Insurance Company
- Store Manager at Murphy USA
11 months at this Job
- Associate in Applied Science - Engineering Graphics and Design
As the Human Resources Generalist, I was responsible for performing significant HR duties to support all employees, management and executive within 3 office locations. Responsibilities included, but were not limited to, benefit administration, employee relations, onboarding, policy implementation, government clearance and licensing, recruiting/employment and employment law compliance.
- Human Resources Generalist/Coordinator at Coast Professional, Inc
- Executive Administrative Assistant at Coast Professional, Inc
- Receptionist at Coast Professional, Inc
2 years, 7 months at this Job
• As Human Resources Generalist, I have had the pleasure of being part of a fantastic HR team and I have been challenged to build upon my experience in employee relations, data entry, and policy enforcement.
• In addition to the responsibilities listed in the “Administrative Assistant” section below, I now also: oversee/ assist in new hire orientation and out processing for a portion of my business unit; assist in data entry and auditing for accuracy; communicate with employees regarding company policies and benefits; work with my HR team to resolve whatever new challenges arise. “Multitasking” is the name of the game.
- Human Resources Generalist at Comtech Telecommunications Corp.
- Administrative Assistant at Comtech Telecommunications Corp.
- Hosting Team Member at Neverland Farms (Wedding Venue)
- Office Administrator at Mountain Marble and Tile
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Fine Art