New York City, New York OrionGroup provides HR executives to organizations for medium and long-term assignments. Defining and executing enterprise-wide performance standards and talent management processes that drive alignment with short- and long-term strategic corporate goals and initiatives. CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER (OrionGroup Contract) Teachers Retirement System of New York (2017 - 2019)
- CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER at OrionGroup LLP
- Director at HRIS, Commonwealth of Massachusetts PERAC
- TALENT & CHANGE MANAGEMENT PRACTICE LEADER at PA Consulting
- VICE PRESIDENT, HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICES at Right Management, a Manpower Group
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts - Post-Graduate Work
Human Resources Officer and Company Commander as a Lieutenant Approved for a Secret Security Clearance by the Department of Defense. Oversee all in-processing, out-processing, pay, promotions, demotions, deployments, casualty care and overall welfare of the Soldiers and family. Unit Master Fitness Trainer. Currently serving as a Logistics Officer in Charge.
- 1LT Human Resources Officer at UNITED STATES ARMY / ARMY RESERVE
- Service Representative/Kids Club Attendant at 24 Hour Fitness
- Cadet at UCLA Army ROTC
- Sales Associate and Supervisor at Ross Dress For Less
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- - Human Resource Leadership
- BS - Kinesiology
- Associate's - General
- Diploma - General
• Serves as the Human Resources Officer for the Eastern District of New York
• Develop and support the development of the EDNY job descriptions and posting
• Ensure that Human Resources Plan comply with the Executive Office United States Plan
• Draft and ensure HR staff preparer is documents such as offer letters, employment agreements, and terminations notices, etc.
• Participates in employees screening selections and interviews
• Update and maintain all personnel files and records in s safe and secure locations
• Ensure strict confidentiality in maintained at all times
• Prepare and present briefing to the United States Attorney and senior managers
• Monitor timesheets and leave requests
• Provides on-site training for senior staff and attorneys on HR matters
- Human Resources Officer at Department of Justice
- HR Specialist at Department of State
- HR Clerk/ Assistant/Specialist (Southern District of New York) at Department of Justice
2 years, 1 month at this Job
Pensacola, Florida 2014-Present
Local Government serving roughly 56,000 residents, 700+ employees, Annual Budget of roughly $700,000
Chief Human Resources Officer Responsible for all operations within the Human Resources Office to include a staff of ten (10) employees
Working in functional areas to include benefits, recruiting, training, classification, compensation, budget, wellness, the City Clinic (2 RNs) pay roll, records/retention destruction, public records, employee relations, labor relations as well as any other facet deemed to be housed in our Office. Hired to serve as a change manager while also helping to create and implement effective and efficient long and short term human capital management strategies. I shaped the Human Resources Office and related staff into being reliable and proactive business partners for our various departments/offices. I identified needs and services that our office should be providing in support of the Administration and as a resource to our management team. I undertook a number of projects and tasks as well as looking to revise, eliminate, and develop policies and procedures for the betterment of the City some of which include:
• Implemented a new performance management system with intent to tie to a pay for performance compensation strategy.
• Implemented a new formal job evaluation system and methodology.
• Implemented a new electronic application and on-boarding system.
• Executed collective bargaining agreements and nearly eliminated the number of grievances filed between the City and its' five (5) collective bargaining units.
• Completed audit and classification studies for the multiple City Departments including the Airport, Port, and Pensacola Energy (the City's natural gas company).
• Redesigned the Employee Recognition Program and New Employee Orientation.
• Developed and implemented training programs for our employees.
• Reduced and eliminated unnecessary steps in the hiring practices our of Public Safety employees.
• Conducted recruitment efforts for several executive level positions as well as reaching out into the community to identify alternative options for succession planning.
• Established excellent business relationships with local staffing agencies as needed to meet staffing needs in short and sometimes no prior notice circumstances.
• Established business relationships with local schools and universities for purposes of recruitment.
• Redesigned the delivery and availability of vendors and providers during multiple benefit enrollment cycles.
• Ensured City compliance with changing FLSA standards and ACA requirements.
• Successfully removed individuals from our organizations that did not add value (at all levels).
• Identified more cost efficient, and in some case no cost, options to source applicants for positions at all level in the organization (City Attorney, Airport Director, CIO, etc.).
• Partnered with Technology Resources to create a computer lab for City Hall.
• Identified problems with the City's background check processes/provider and implemented a solution to meet our and enrolled the City to be an active participant with E-Verify.
• Worked with Technology Resources to update the Human Resources internal and external websites.
- Chief Human Resources Officer at City of Pensacola
- Chief Human Resource Analyst at Hillsborough County
- Operations Analyst at City of Jacksonville
- Senior Benefits Analyst at City of Jacksonville
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology
Community Bank was acquired by Citizens Business Bank in August 2018) Executive Human Resources Officer for Community Bank, a 17 location Financial Institution with $3.8 Billion in assets and 430 employees which provides banking services to small and mid-sized businesses in Southern CA.
• Acts as a trusted confidant to the Bank's Board of Directors, CEO, President, and members of the Executive & Senior Management. Key executive of the Bank's Leadership Team.
• Responsible for overall human capital strategy focused on creating a positive and productive environment, developed, implemented and championed a "Shared Values" program which is now embedded into the Bank's corporate culture. Human Resources took on the responsibility of conducting Employee Surveys for a three year period and analyzing the feedback to make changes to our culture for servicing our clients and to better serve our employees.
• Reports to the Board of Directors and CEO monthly on all human capital issues, headcount and open positions, turnover, temporary hires and benefits.
• Advises and coaches leadership on all human capital matters to ensure bank-wide safety and soundness.
• In conjunction with senior leaders ensures Human Resource initiatives are aligned with the business strategies to continue driving our high performance culture. Developed Client Service Surveys for the various departments to ensure constructive feedback to improve the quality and delivery of services.
• Continually benchmarks and evolves the Human Resource functions to effectively manage costs and ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
• Development and implementation of Change of Control for Executive Management and select members of Senior Management.
• Redesigned and managed compensation structures to align with marketplace and pay-for- performance strategies including various Commission, Awards and Incentive Programs.
• Developed and managed Restricted Stock Unit and Incentive Stock Option Programs.
• Designed a proposed ESOP for the Bank, which was never implemented due to timing of the merger but would have made the Bank the first of its kind in the region.
• Developed a Leadership Forum in which "best practices" are shared with line managers and supervisors to assist them in honing their leadership and management skills.
• Developed a successful Talent Management platform saving the Bank over $250,000 a year; and upgraded the quality of sales and operations personnel bank-wide. Selected and implemented Talent Management System (iCims) for talent management.
• Developed a number of employee benefit programs including the Employee Scholarship Program. Carpool Program, Work from Home and Extraordinary Service Award Programs.
• Leadership and oversight of employee relations including employee policies, disciplinary actions, terminations, Performance Management and employment litigation.
• Sets strategy for succession planning and talent related training and development activities, overseeing effectiveness of Performance Management and Leadership Development, ensuring linkage to the bank's strategies and objectives.
• Led Payroll/HRIS selection and implementation (ADP Workforce Now), including system design improving onboarding and HR effectiveness; manage and employee self-service, resulting in $150,000 + in annual savings.
• Championed and further advanced the bank's brand, reputation and practices as a Diversity & Inclusion Leader. PREVIOUS ROLES:
- EVP, Chief Human Resources Officer at Community Bank
- Human Resources Consultant at RJC Consulting
- Director of Global Human Resources at Western Asset Management
12 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Graduate Banking Program
- Bachelor of Arts - American History
San Juan, PR
VA Caribbean Health Care System, providing healthcare services to a population of 150,000 Veterans in Puerto
Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Human Resources Officer, July, 2014 to Present (GS-201-14) - 40 hrs/wk
Responsible for the overall program management and direction of Recruitment and Placement,
Labor/Employee Relations, Processing & Records, Workers Compensation, Performance Management and Benefits Sections. Tasked with the overall day to day operations for the HR Management Service,
involving general administration, budget, manpower, resource management, position management, etc.
(HR Staff: 57 employees, 350M budget; Medical Center workforce: 3,800 employees; 1 Main Medical
Center, 9 Outpatient Clinics)
• Serve as principal advisor to the Medical Center Director and Executive Team, as well as to all Managers and Supervisor pertaining to acceptable business and HR practices.
• Transformed "Personnel Department" into a respected, visionary, diverse, and forward thinking" Human Resources Services/Consultative Team
• Daily interventions, support and interaction with all Administrative and Clinical Services Line Managers to ensure efficient continuation of operations. With a thorough understanding of personnel actions, budget and procurement responsibilities and how such service impacts the organization.
• Played a key role in ensuring the successful "revamping" of the HR office. Structured and implemented programs and policies in the areas of training, performance management, benefits packages, incentives, and new-employee orientation.
• Fostered a teamwork/open-door environment conducive to positive dialogue across the organization. Personal efforts were cited as the driving force behind branch's employee-retention rate of 89% within an industry where high turnover is the norm.
• Served as Acting Deputy Director on several occasions overseeing Fiscal Service, Human Resources, Privacy Officer and FOIA programs. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE ~~~~~~)
• Worked closely with administrative and clinical services identifying ways to improve the interview process to screen candidates in a more thorough manner by developing a selection guideline which enabled selecting officials to understand their responsibilities.
• Achieved to gain access to the Executive's "round-table" of decision making as well as for him to incorporate HR in his monthly communication to all employees which have enabled us to use this forum to promote market and share valuable information to all employees.
• Developed facility-wide succession plan to ensure key positions are retained and properly backfilled with competent and knowledgeable staff, avoiding an interruption in the care of our Veterans.
• Pioneered in the overall reduction time of the hiring time for all Title 5 positions by developing a local SOP for HR to follow and incorporate, and also by developing a facility wide guide for all selecting officials to adhere to. This initiative enabled us to hire new employees within 45 days from the date the announcements closed to the offer is issued.
• Designed and directed the implementation of new performance management tools, performance metrics, and processes that supported organizational strategies and goals.
• Achieved to hold Job Fairs for LPNs, RNs and Pharmacists which resulted in a total success in surpassing national requirements and metrics for suitable staffing limits for patient care.
• Key player in achieving developing an Alternative Dispute Resolution program with the Local Union which enabled Management to minimize labor issues in implementing significant changes in tours of duty, use of new equipment, establishment of a joint training program for all supervisors and managers.
• Demonstrated the needed ability to manage information technology and to integrate automated systems and processes into the delivery of improved Human Resources Management service to customers by facilitating the automation of a myriad list of reports needed for management such as vacancy tracking report, disciplinary and labor trends, suitability database, position description reports, and an overall HR Dashboard which is used for trending and data analysis.
• Serve as technical advisor for local and VISN-wide Administrative Investigation Boards (AIBs), as well as nationally. Also one of the most experienced Technical Advisors for Disciplinary Appeals Board (DAB) nationwide.
• Developed key business practices recognized by Agency Oversight Committee, and during our recent national Workers Compensation Program Review.
• Planned, managed and directed HR Administration: Recruited to provide strategic planning and HR leadership to support organizational growth and ensure HR programs and procedures were aligned with the VA's mission, vision and goals. Created, directed and oversaw complex HR projects and project teams for high profile initiatives to strengthen, streamline and improve HR programs, processes and resources.
• Analyzed organizational needs and planned and implemented HR policy and programs: Spearheaded HR policy administration. Designed, implemented and monitored a wide range of HR programs and oversaw the rollout of policy throughout the healthcare system. Provided expert advice to staff at all levels of the organization on HR issues, regulations, policy and procedures.
• Managing the Labor/Employee Relations by engaging in day to day coordinating and direction of the employee and labor relations programs and functions, including the organizations workers compensation program. Managing union grievances, arbitrations, third party appeals, performance management, disciplinary management, etc.
• A key member of the Finance Council and Operations Council which oversees the management of the facility's resources (i.e., budget, equipment, open contracts, FTEE allotment, etc.)
• As Human Resources Officer, I have worked closely with administrative and clinical services in providing expertise knowledge for compliance with regulatory requirements pertaining to effective management of resources, as well with credentialing organizations such as Joint Commission, CARF, PVA, and others.
- Human Resources Officer at DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
- at DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
- HR Generalist/Associate Manager at PEPSI AMERICAS, INC
- HR Consultant at VB HUMAN RESOURCES PROFESSIONALS, INC
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- MBA - OMAR AHMED
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
As the Deputy AO Human Resources Officer, I provide comprehensive human resources services for the staff and management of the AO. I am also responsible for the day-to-day management of HR operations and staff of the AO Human Resources Division. I oversee the HR functions including staffing/recruiting, classification and compensation, benefits, payroll processing, employee relations, human resources management information system oversight, policy interpretation and customer outreach. I serve as a key advisor to AO senior staff/executive management providing technical assistance and expert-level interpretation of the AO personnel manual (judicial branch equivalent to Title 5). Key Contributions & Results: * Coordinated the design and implementation of recruitment strategies aimed at improving time-to-hire for mission critical occupations including cybersecurity and legal professionals. Secured funds needed to establish the AO corporate recruitment program and oversaw the establishment of a consolidated AO-wide recruitment plan.
- Deputy AO Human Resources Officer at US Courts (AO) I Washington DC
- Global Head of Talent Acquisition at The Institute of International Education (IIE) I Washington DC
- Director, DOE Corporate Recruitment and Outreach at U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) I Washington DC
- Diversity Program Manager at Securities and Exchange Commission
1 year at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelor's - Human Resources Management
Chief human resources officer for a public university with 23,000 students employing over 4000 staff and faculty. Primary focus on strategic design of people processes and systems to include talent acquisition, compensation, training, organization development, human resources information systems, employee safety and staff/faculty/labor relations.
• Developed and facilitated a realignment of the department structure from a traditional administrative focus to more consultative and strategic partnering.
• Implemented work climate survey process to assess faculty and staff opinions that affect employee engagement.
• Coordinated the development and establishment of key HR metrics to help facilitate decision-making.
• Facilitated the recruiting and selection process for key executive positions including Provost/Executive VP. CFO and General Counsel
• Manage a staff of 30 FT employees (8 direct reports)
- Associate Vice President/Chief Human Resources Officer at Towson University
- Adjunct Instructor at Towson University
- Director of Human Resources at City of Raleigh NC
- Director at Human Resources and Safety, Chandler Concrete, Inc
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Dubai, UAE Leading international master-planning, infrastructure, building design and project management firm headquartered in the Middle East. Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) 2016 - 2019 Reporting to the CEO, lead a team of HR professionals internationally (UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Morocco, South Africa, UK) supporting major change initiatives across the business, including a restructuring of the core delivery model as well as building the HR infrastructure to a world class level. Serve as strategic advisor to the Board on Executive Compensation and as a Member of the Nomination, Remuneration and Governance Committee. Key Accomplishments: ✓ Executive Succession - developed a Succession Plan for the Board and led the seamless transition to a new CEO and leadership team. Developed new Partnership Equity program and Partnership Assessment process. ✓ Talent Acquisition - created a new Talent Acquisition function - focused on pipelining candidates, use of online tools and social media and improving the employee experience - team recently nominated for Middle East Award (Linkedin) - no use of agencies since team launched - 200 plus hires in the last 9 months. ✓ Talent Management - created a new Talent Management function - developed a new Performance Management process - automated the objectives cascade, training needs analysis and competency assessment processes - developed KPIs that have been integrated into a company Balanced Scorecard. ✓ HR Information System (HRIS) - implemented new HRIS system - Payroll/Core Data/Performance Management modules - a new Applicant Tracking System to be implemented by the end of the year. ✓ Compensation and Benefits - implemented a new job evaluation system, company salary bands and bonus structure, company compensation policy and professional position profiles - with the first ever structured salary review process targeted for April 2019. ✓ Employee Engagement - championed and led the rollout of an Employee Engagement survey and action planning process - participation increased from 37% to 73% and the company engagement score increased by 20% - from 60% to 71% positive.
- Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) at SSH INTERNATIONAL
- President at AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL CONSULTING
- Vice President, Human Resources, UK and Ireland, London at ALSTOM GROUP
- Group Vice President, Compensation at
3 years at this Job
- BA - Psychology
- MPA - credits remaining
My main duties and responsibilities were:
➢ Managed Administration Documentation Process and Systems.
➢ Planned and Organized for Official Meetings and all office Gatherings.
➢ Supported Team in Processing Reimbursements.
➢ Drafted the Operation Manual.
➢ Planned and Organized seminars and office meetings chaired by members to facilitate planning team.
➢ Prepared Monthly stationary needs;
➢ Conduct instruction for staff members about admin and HR procedures.
➢ Supported in the preparation and requisition of station needs monthly.
➢ Quickly determined whether a deliverable is appropriate, given the action item defining it, file it appropriately and ensured that any follow up was handled in good time. 5. Worked with PAN African Centre for Policy Studies as an Assistant Administrative Officer. (1st September 2017 through 30th May 2018). My main duties and responsibilities were: i. Managing all admin documentation process and systems. a. Creating and maintaining personnel records, financial records, and other records plus data bases. b. Updating the organization policies and procedures c. Assist in preparing reports, office budgets and other expenditure d. Monitoring incoming and outgoing office mail and receiving mails. e. Re-filling all daily documents in their respective files. ii. Supporting with the travel and accommodation process, both local and international. a. Preparing travel arrangements for office staffs, overseeing and preparing expense reports and budgets. iii. Managing all office maintenance activities. a. Monitoring and maintaining office equipment, inventory supplies, orders replacement suppliers as needed. b. Organizing conference room, equipment and cleaning c. Coordinating building maintenance issues for general repair and updating (carpet cleaning, painting etc.) d. Organizing special functions and office events. e. Purchasing computers, printers, supplies and other office equipment f. Assisting other departments (such as financial department or HR) with administrative or clerical support. iv. Assist in the process of recruitment and selection of new employees a. Advertising on job vacancy b. Collection of application letters c. Taking minutes during the interview. 6. Currently working with PANONE GROUP OF COMPANIES from 19th November 2018 as Human Resources Office up to date. a. Drafting the Human Resources Manual. b. Recruiting, training and developing staff. c. Making sure that staff get paid correctly and on time d. Pensions and benefits administration e. Approving job descriptions and advertisements f. Looking after the health, safety and welfare of all employees g. Organizing staff training sessions and activities h. Monitoring staff performance and attendance i. Advising line managers and other employees on employment law and the employer's own employment policies and procedures j. Ensuring candidates have the right to work at the company. k. Negotiating salaries, contracts, working conditions or redundancy packages with staff and representatives. E.OTHER PROGRAMS ATTENDED
- Assistant Human Resources Officer at United Aviation Services Limited
- at University of Dar Es Salaam Human Resources Management Association
- at 100 City Resilience Project in Arusha
- on internship program at Regional Commission
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resource Management - Human Resource Management
- O' Level
- - Education