6010 Amarillo Boulevard West Amarillo, Texas 79106
• Assistant Human Resources Officer
• Human Resources Specialist (Employee/Labor Relations)
• Supervise Benefits and ELR Sections
• Work Employee Leave Actions
• OPM Background Investigations
• Employee (Coaching to Removal Actions), MSPB, OSC, EEO
• Labor ((ADR) Arbitrations (ULPs)
• Performance Management
• Planning Techniques
• Policy Building and Auditing
• State and Federal Employee Law
• Performance Management
• Rewards and Recognition
- Assistant Human Resources Officer at Amarillo VA Health Care System
10 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Certificate in Human Resources Management
• Developing job descriptions for new positions and reviewing the existing ones for relevance
• Managing and tracking the performance contacting for the regional managers and the Appraisal Input Forms (AIFs).
• Preparing the HR monthly report on joiners, leavers, trainings conducted, employee costs and providing commentary on deviations from the budgets.
• Assisting the Human Resource Manager in reviewing the salary advances, medical claims; leave travel allowances and duty travel allowance and final retirement benefits claims
• Keeping records of industrial accidents and compensation for injured personnel
• Ensure that personnel records are properly kept and that monthly up-dating of muster-roll for the depots is carried out.
• Assisting in the preparation of the monthly NSSF, NHIF schedules for the Board
• Carrying out training needs analysis and managing training contracts including development of requisitions, administration of contracts, and payment processing.
• Maintains a historical database of training received by all employees. Maintains subject files for the training subsection of Human Resources office files.
- Human Resources Officer at Human Resources Department
- Senior Officer Operations at Family Bank Limited
- Credit Officer at Consumer Loans & Micro
- Operations Officer - Teller, Back Office (Custodian) and Customer Service at Family Bank Limited
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- Higher Diploma - Human Resources Management
- MBA - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Commerce - Finance Option
- - Accounting and Quick
- - Education
BLD 1037 Victory Rd. Fort Buchanan, PR 00934 United States 05/2014 - Present Hours per week: 40 Pay Plan: Other Grade: O2 Human Resources Officer (This is a federal job) Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Principal advisor to the battalion commander for all matters concerning human resource support for all assigned and attached personnel. Responsible for supervising all strength management/strength distribution actions. Assignment as a platoon leader: responsible for training, readiness, health and welfare of Soldiers and the accomplishment of wartime missions. Assist on all human resource support matters. Responsible for the readiness, health and welfare of all Soldiers (500+ Soldiers). Postal and personnel accountability support. Maintained emergency notification data. Communicated incentive and personnel programs to all military staff. Performed functions including separations, discharges and retentions. Submitted monthly reports and daily updates to departmental managers.
- Human Resources Officer at US Army Reserve
- Teacher at U.S. Department of Education / Even Start Program
- Teacher at DR. Cueto
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Law
- Bachelor's - Pedagogy-Arts of Education- Secondary Education
• Serve as the Deputy to the OIG Human Resources Officer on policies and programs, providing day-to-day advisory services in the following functional areas;
• Recruitment and Placement: implement workforce succession planning, transition planning, recruitment, selection, placement, job analysis, crediting plan, and provide advice to management in identifying, attracting, and retaining a qualify workforce that is capable of accomplishing the OIG mission Executive (ES and EX) and General Schedule (GS), Schedule A, Priority Placement, and Reasonable Accommodations.
• Position Management, Classification and Compensation: prepare initial pay setting for Executive Services appointments, position/job evaluation, compensation, administration and analysis, salary and wage administration, developing, and implementing compensation strategies that will ensure the recruitment and retention of a quality workforce.
• Benefits: provide guidance to employees on federally sponsored benefits including Health and Life Insurance, Retirement and Worker's Compensation, and agency sponsored benefits including Transit Subsidy, and LifeCare.
• Workforce Management and Analysis: Implement strategic workforce planning and projections, succession planning, HR manpower administration and documentation; conducts comprehensive management studies to identify and propose solutions to critical management issues and to improve program operations. Produce Biennial Allocation Request, Political Conversion Requests, and QRB submissions to OPM.
• Employee Development: provide advice and guidance on career development and training policy and programs; competency-based development programs; professional development training; professional certification programs; and intern program policy. Ensure annual submission of EDPs and IDPs for agency employees.
• Employee Relations: Administer employee assistance program; agency POC for formal and informal EEO, and MSPB complaints. Advise supervisors on various agency policies to ensure equitable implementation throughout agency.
- Deputy Human Resources Officer at Office of the Inspector General, Department of Justice
- Senior Human Resources Specialist at Office of Inspector General, Department of Energy
- Human Resources Specialist at
- Workforce Resources Specialist at National Institutes of Health
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- M.A. - Human Resource Development
- B.S. - Psychology/Sociology
Reports to Agency's Director. Received Promotion to Human Resources Officer II. Provides Human Resources services to a hundred and twenty employee agency. The agency's Retirement, Benefits, and Training Coordinator. Position responsible for including recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, and employee relations. Compiles, analyzes and evaluates HR related information and recommends actions based upon rules, regulations, policies, and guidelines. Provides advice and guidance to employees, supervisors, program managers, agency executives regarding HR related matters. Maintains confidentiality for all HR related activities. Reviews applications and resumes for appropriate classifications and to rank candidates as well as develops scoring matrices for interview panel scoring of candidates. Prepares agency's Workforce Training Plan to include training for hiring managers concerning recruiting and interviewing policies and procedures. Prepares position announcements and bulletins for internal and external circulation. Evaluates position description forms to determine if position reclassification and acting capacity and non-competitive promotion requests are appropriate and employee meets required qualifications. Applies salary guidelines pertaining to various class or salary actions. Identifies and drafts class specification requests, and counsels employees on classification and salary matters. Provides advice and guidance regarding standards of conduct and the performance evaluation process. Interprets and applies HR related laws, regulations, policies and procedures to all personnel transactions.
- Human Resources Officer II at State of Maryland, St. Mary's County Social Serivces
- Personnel Associate II at State of Maryland, St. Mary's County Health Department
- Human Resources Manager at Walden Sierra Inc
- Human Resources Manager at Belk, Inc
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Fashion Merchandising and Marketing
Lakewood, CO Trumpet Behavioral Health is a national behavioral health company providing home-based and center-based treatment across eight states and 41 locations. Chief Human Resources Officer (2017 - Present) Lead Human Resources / Talent team across all major functional areas: talent acquisition, talent management, compensation and benefits, HRIS and team member relations. Reporting to the CEO and providing quarterly reports to the Board of Directors. - Realigned Human Resources team to a Talent Team with a greater focus on transformational vs transactional activities. Assisted in growth from 29 to 41 locations in first 16 months. - Implemented end to end talent management system (UltiPro) with manager and team member self-service. Reducing organizational costs and bringing other administrative services in house (payroll, benefit administration). - Redesigned performance management process, improving quality, compliance and user experience. Team member compliance increased from 60% to 99%. - Designed and deployed new compensation model considering internal and external market factors. Compensation category received the highest increase across engagement survey improvement scores. - Partnered with outside firm to have a greater focus on culture and impact on organization. Created culture champions, assisted in overall assessment of teams and development of culture road map.
- Chief Human Resources Officer at Trumpet Behavioral Health
- Chief Compliance Officer at HIPAA & Security and Training and Education
- Senior Director of Global People Services at DaVita, Inc
- Head of People Services - APAC at DaVita, Inc
2 years at this Job
- Master of Health Administration - Health Administration
- Bachelor of Science
San Juan, PR
VA Caribbean Health Care System, providing healthcare services to a population of 150,000 Veterans in Puerto
Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Human Resources Officer, July, 2014 to Present (GS-201-14)
Responsible for the direct supervision of subordinate Supervisors for Recruitment and Placement,
Labor/Employee Relations, Processing & Records, Workers Compensation, Performance Management and Benefits Sections. Tasked with the overall day to day operations for the HR Management Service, involving general administration, budget, manpower, resource management, position management, etc.
(HR Staff: 57 employees, 350M budget; Medical Center workforce: 3,800 employees; 1 Main Medical
Center, 9 Outpatient Clinics)
• Serve as principal advisor to the Medical Center Director and Executive Team, as well as to all Managers and Supervisor pertaining to acceptable business and HR practices.
• Transformed "Personnel Department" into a respected, visionary, diverse, and forward thinking" Human Resources Services/Consultative Team
• Daily interventions, support and interaction with all Administrative and Clinical Services Line Managers to ensure efficient continuation of operations. With a thorough understanding of personnel actions, budget and procurement responsibilities and how such service impacts the organization.
• Played a key role in ensuring the successful "revamping" of the HR office. Structured and implemented programs and policies in the areas of training, performance management, benefits packages, incentives, and new-employee orientation.
• Fostered a teamwork/open-door environment conducive to positive dialogue across the organization. Personal efforts were cited as the driving force behind branch's employee-retention rate of 89% within an industry where high turnover is the norm.
• Served as Acting Deputy Director on several occasions overseeing Fiscal Service, Human Resources, Privacy Officer and FOIA programs. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE ~~~~~~ )
• Worked closely with administrative and clinical services identifying ways to improve the interview process to screen candidates in a more thorough manner by developing a selection guideline which enabled selecting officials to understand their responsibilities.
• Achieved to gain access to the Executive's "round-table" of decision making as well as for him to incorporate HR in his monthly communication to all employees which have enabled us to use this forum to promote market and share valuable information to all employees.
• Developed facility-wide succession plan to ensure key positions are retained and properly backfilled with competent and knowledgeable staff, avoiding an interruption in the care of our Veterans.
• Pioneered in the overall reduction time of the hiring time for all Title 5 positions by developing a local SOP for HR to follow and incorporate, and also by developing a facility wide guide for all selecting officials to adhere to. This initiative enabled us to hire new employees within 45 days from the date the announcements closed to the offer is issued.
• Designed and directed the implementation of new performance management tools, performance metrics, and processes that supported organizational strategies and goals.
• Achieved to hold Job Fairs for LPNs, RNs and Pharmacists which resulted in a total success in surpassing IPEC requirements and metrics for suitable staffing limits for patient care.
• Key player in achieving developing an Alternative Dispute Resolution program with the Local Union which enabled Management to minimize labor issues in implementing significant changes in tours of duty, use of new equipment, establishment of a joint training program for all supervisors and managers.
• Demonstrated the needed ability to manage information technology and to integrate automated systems and processes into the delivery of improved Human Resources Management service to customers by facilitating the automation of a myriad list of reports needed for management such as vacancy tracking report, disciplinary and labor trends, suitability database, position description reports, and an overall HR Dashboard which is used for trending and data analysis.
• Serve as technical advisor for local and VISN-wide AIBs, as well as nationally. Also one of the most experienced Technical Advisors for Disciplinary Appeals Board (DAB) nationwide.
• Developed key business practices recognized by HR CARDS, O&E, and during our recent VACO's Workers Compensation Program Review.
• Planned, managed and directed HR Administration: Recruited to provide strategic planning and HR leadership to support organizational growth and ensure HR programs and procedures were aligned with the VA's mission, vision and goals. Created, directed and oversaw complex HR projects and project teams for high profile initiatives to strengthen, streamline and improve HR programs, processes and resources.
• Analyzed organizational needs and planned and implemented HR policy and programs: Spearheaded HR policy administration. Designed, implemented and monitored a wide range of HR programs and oversaw the rollout of policy throughout the healthcare system. Provided expert advice to staff at all levels of the organization on HR issues, regulations, policy and procedures.
• Managing the Labor/Employee Relations by engaging in day to day coordinating and direction of the employee and labor relations programs and functions, including the organizations workers compensation program. Managing union grievances, arbitrations, third party appeals, performance management, disciplinary management, etc.
• A key member of the Finance Council and Operations Council which oversees the management of the facility's resources (i.e., budget, equipment, open contracts, FTEE allotment, etc.)
• As Chief of HR, I have worked closely with administrative and clinical services in providing expertise knowledge for compliance with regulatory requirements pertaining to effective management of resources, as well with credentialing organizations such as Joint Commission, CARF, PVA, and others.
- Human Resources Officer at DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
- at DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
- HR Generalist/Associate Manager at PEPSI AMERICAS, INC
- HR Consultant at VB HUMAN RESOURCES PROFESSIONALS, INC
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- MBA - OMAR AHMED Phone
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
2106 Mt. Pleasant Street
Charleston, SC 29403
Human Resources Officer/Executive Assistant
• Coordinated the onboarding process to include E-Verify and background checks
• Coordinated recruiting and staffing
• Served as the Benefits Administrator
• Maintained all personnel files to include status changes, medical file and legal files
• Maintained CCHRA Employee Personnel Handbook
• Coordinated training and development.
• Counseled and advised managers and employees in order to resolve issues
• Coordinated Agency compliance with all federal, state, local and other reporting requirements
• Coordinated the resolution of all EEOC, DOL and other legal or compliance issues.
• Served as the assistant to the Chief Executive Officer and Senior Officers
• Served as the secretary to the Board of Commissioners
• Member of Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM)
• Performed additional responsibilities related to event planning, webpage, local legislature, public relations, budgeting, and service and merit recognition
- Human Resources Officer/Executive Assistant at Charleston County Housing and Redevelopment Authority
- Human Resources Specialist at Medical University of South Carolina
- Human Resources Coordinator at Sheraton-North Charleston Hotel & Convention Center
- Human Resources Assistant at Disabilities Board of Charleston County
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associates In Arts - Human Resources and the Law
Memphis, TN 2009 - 2017 A $1.5B brand providing lawn, horticulture, pest control and irrigation services to 2+ million residential and commercial accounts. CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER Tapped as the key HR leader and member of the executive committee to foster a company culture of associate engagement. Thiese efforts contributed to a profitable turnaround from a $5M loss in 2013 to over $150M in profit in three years. Reporting to the CEO and working with the Board of Directors, owned by PE firm Clayton, Dubilier and Rice, oversaw an $11M budget, and built a HR team of 60 to lead HR practices for 280 company-owned locations and call centers with 13,000+ associates. Initially hired as VP HR Business partner for TruGreen, which was a ServiceMaster division. * Developed 25-35 general managers per year for critical leadership roles across 200 locations in the US and Canada through a comprehensive talent development curriculum. * Retained 85%+ of Scott's Lawn Care workforce following its acquisition by TruGreen and drove synergies that provided a $4M savings in HR. Closed 90 Scotts franchise locations and integrated Scotts corporate with no business disruption. * Boosted employee engagement from 45% to 68% and reduced high-risk/disengaged branches from 128 to 13 in four years by instilling a values-based culture of integrity, teamwork, service, safety and community. * Reduced technology expenses by $2M through implementation of Workday from PeopleSoft systems. * Fostered employee engagement and commitment leading to the Corporate Memphis office's recognition as one of the "Best Places to Work" for four consecutive years by Memphis Commercial Appeal. * Recruited key executive talent, including CMO, CIO, General Counsel, VP Strategy, VP Residential Sales, VP Commercial Sales, and VP Process Improvement during the divestiture from ServiceMaster in 2013/14. * Chaired the Benefits Planning Committee that set strategic direction for benefit plans and managed the 401(k) plan with 92% employee participation. Led due diligence for 401(k) administrators and financial advisors.
- CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER at TruGreen Lawn Care, Inc
- VICE PRESIDENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES at Tween Brands, Inc
- SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES at Spiegel Brands, Inc
- VICE PRESIDENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES at Limited Brands, Inc
8 years at this Job
- - Business Management
Notre Dame, IN 2003 - Present
Full-service credit union operating ten branches and numerous ATM locations
Chief Human Resources Officer
Vice President, Human Resources
Provide leadership for all business activities including strategic planning, talent management, process
improvement, and change management.
• Identify and implement human resource strategies, subsequent processes and programs, to promote the overall business initiatives including reorganizing the HR department for improved delivery
• Serve as a business partner on the executive team as well as partnered successfully with new CEO to build effective leadership team
• Develop, clarify, and communicate an organizational culture, vision, and values.
• Directs the salary administration program and champions position description design that drive fair compensation for the organization and its employees..
• Strategic thinker, influencer and substantiated by successful business results Selected Accomplishments
• Spearheaded a comprehensive organizational and culture development and change-management program to support growth and expansion which culminated in growing from eight to 12 branches.
• Assisted in re-creating the entire organizational infrastructure which resulted in labor savings of 20% and improved member service
• Architected and implemented an aggressive internal change initiative which resulted in a 90% response positive response rate in our survey.
• Expanded the format and content of annual staff meetings, communicating the strategic plan and direction of the credit union which increased employee ownership.
• Researched and implemented new employee appraisal system which determined promotions based on merit and also included employee feedback and self-appraisal for improved employee relations.
• Initiated employee survey process to strengthen employee satisfaction. Had 91% participation and in 2012 survey raised every section scores 2-5%.
• Built a best-in-class human resources department, implemented advanced pay and HRIS technology, upgraded current benefit and compensation programs, and created a formal training department.
• Analyzed and researched current benefit vendors and realized savings of over 25% in premiums and better plans for employees after bidding out contracts.
- Chief Human Resources Officer at NOTRE DAME FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
- Adjunct Instructor at INDIANA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
- Director, Human Resources at PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
- Manager, Human Resources at MSC Industrial Supply Company
16 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Organizational Management
- Master of Arts - Education
- Bachelor of Arts - Elementary Education