Since Alfa Leisure went out of business, I have been providing Human Resources Consulting services to small businesses and individuals. The services have included, but have not been limited to Recruitment, Policy Writing, and Dispute Resolution. My clients have been in Healthcare, Pet Foods, Automotive Repair, Pet Supplies, Reference Labs, Education, Trade Associations, and others.
- Independent Human Resources Consultant at Human Resources Consulting
- Director of Human Resources and Owner Relations at Alfa Leisure, Inc
- Human Resources Director at Micro Motors/Pro-Dex Corporation
- Human Resources Manager at Self-employed
10 years, 10 months at this Job
- BS - Political Science
Responsible for bi weekly payroll for 45 person company. Performs Human Resources duties for all new hires, ongoing maintenance of all personnel files, monthly educational assignments for various staff. Answer the phone for incoming calls and triage the calls to the correct personnel. Assists in all ancillary departments as needed on a daily basis. Responsible for Face to Face Medicare production for all Medicare patients.
- Clerical-Human Resources-Payroll at CLERICAL-PAYROLL-HUMAN RESOURCES
- Assists teacher at DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE
8 years, 7 months at this Job
- - NURSING
- - NURSING
Bldg. 3458, North Aerobee Road
Redstone Arsenal, AL 35898 United States
07/2017 - Present Position: Human Resources Specialist
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
•Working for the Department of the Army, providing human resources management services to multiple commands in areas of classification. Knowledge and skill applying Federal Human Resources Classification basic principles, concepts, and practices, clearly, orally and in writing.
•Perform reviews in conjunction with manpower and management analysis to identify problems in alignment, supervisor/employee ratios, assignment of duties and responsibilities.
•Ability to analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data, and recognize solutions, draw conclusions from information, and to communicate information clearly, and perform position management advisory services in regard to immediate, specific issues.
•Analyze and classify individual position descriptions. Explain the standards, classification decisions, that impact designated duties on classification, complaint and appeal procedures to employees, supervisors and senior officials, while providing professional and cooperative customer service.
•Research, write and publish job descriptions for civilian employees, utilizing OPM classification standards, the 5 CFR, Title 5, 10 for guidance in writing new and updating job descriptions. Provide advice, recommendations and assistance to all serviced organizations regarding position management. Process actions requiring classification quality check. Apply new OPM classification standards within established time frames. Manage actions for realignment and/or reorganization.
•Classify full scope of position to include professional, administrative, technical, and clerical issued classification advisories in exercising delegated classification authority. Continuously remain informed and updated of the latest OPM position classification and policy regulations. Route RPAs to the appropriate Specialist's inbox in the Defense Civilian Personnel Data System (DCPDS).
•Completed staffing in-class and simulated CPAC training conducting qualification standards analysis, position description, draft, post job/vacancy announcements on USAJOBS. Collect and analyze General Schedule (GS), Work Grade (WG), AcqDemo (NH) position pay-related data, staffing patterns, and turnover. Identify various options for recruitment types (internal, status, public, etc.) and other non-competitive appointments (VRA, Schedule A, etc.). Utilize OPM's VetGuide to adjudicate Veterans' preference.
• Completed management employee relation training rotation with an ability to review management issues such as grievances, unfair labor practices, and appeals. Research and analyze case law, precedents, policies, and guidance.
•Knowledge of various office automation software programs, tools, and techniques to support office operations and produce a variety of documents such as letters, reports, spreadsheets, databases, and graphs. Ability to input, store, retrieve data and perform quality review of data elements in DCPDS.
• Dedicated team member, working with senior-level management ensuring compliance and consistency of Army regulations, policies, procedures, and best practices. Supervisor: Judy Mattox (520-266-3554) [email protected] Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
- Human Resources Specialist at Civilian Human Resources Agency
- Cadet - Human Resources Department at Washington State Patrol
- Material Control Expediter at United States Marine Corps
- F/A at United States Marine Corps
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Master's Degree - Human Resources Management
- Bachelor's Degree - Criminal Justice
• Assist with the preparation of employee records related to events such as hiring, termination, employment verifications, salary increases and leave using human resources management system software (Munis)
• Assist in the interpretation of company policies, procedures, laws and regulations
• Coordinate hiring related paperwork
• Inform job applicants about compensation, benefits, and working conditions
- Human Resources Intern at Spartanburg County Human Resources Department
- Shift Lead at Walgreens
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology - Human Resource Management
- Worked closely with the HR Director to over-see key functions of the Human Resources Department involving HR and Legal Compliance. Responsibilities included:
• Establish and maintain good working relationship with internal customers, government authorities and works council
• Handle and over-saw the on-boarding process for all positions of the respective support areas in close cooperation and agreement with Human Resources Director and Field HR Support
• Developed clear roles / responsibilities for management in relations to policy violations, written warnings and final warnings
• Point of contact, across the different teams and locations to collate information for management reports and HR analytics, such as OSHA Logs, I9 Compliance, On-Boarding/Off-Boarding
• Assist with complex worker's compensation, leave of absence and accommodation issues. Research, establish and share best practices with internal team as needed
• Partner with Field HR Support to ensure Legal Compliance; work internally to get necessary oversight and approvals for such decisions.
• Ensure that HR standards and procedures are fully understood and implemented in support area
- Assistant Human Resources Manager at Human Resources Department
- Human Resources Business Partner at Reliant One @ idX
- Human Resources Generalist at SMS INFOCOMM
- Human Resource Specialist at Teleplan
1 year, 2 months at this Job
Prepares and processes employee payroll, and personnel records, within a human resources information
• Calculates and processes all payroll transactions for multiple locations and states on a bi-weekly basis
• Maintains absentee records to include recording hours and notifying management of time off balances
• Maintains sound employee relations through consistent personal contact
• Administers employee benefits to include completing appropriate paperwork and processing updates as needed
• Assists with new employee procedures, employee handbook updates, and distribution of changes
• Maintains bulletin boards of required employee postings and general information
• Advises managers on company discipline and termination procedures
• Keeps up to date on changes and updates in employment law
• Oversees the employee benefits programs including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, flexible spending accounts and 401k program in conjunction with management
• Administer orientation program for welcoming and integrating new employees
• Oversees employee recordkeeping including new hires, performance appraisals, employee transfers, separations, and exit interviews
• Helps to create and maintains current job descriptions for all employees
• Responsible for helping to plan and coordinate company functions
• Performs accounting related tasks to include processing invoices, preparing and reviewing expense reports
• Meets deadlines, prioritizes company assignments, and maintains professional composure under pressure and dynamic conditions
• Adjusts to new situations encountered on a daily basis and has the ability to learn new duties quickly
- Human Resources Generalist at RSI Logistics, Human Resources
- HR Administrative Assistant at RSI Logistics, Human Resources
- Administrative Assistant / Communications Assistant at Emergent BioSolutions
- Administrative Assistant at Emergent BioSolutions
9 years at this Job
- Diploma of Biblical Theology - Pastoral Studies
Iowa City, IA July 2016-Present § Manage logistics of the recruitment process including, but not limited to, advertising, interviewing, and onboarding § Conduct employee orientation, development, and training logistics and recordkeeping § Generate reports in the HRIS and respond to inquires § Chair the Employee Engagement and Events committee including planning, coordinating and facilitating employee engagement activities § Participate on various company-wide committees to provide HR support and to monitor activities § Compensation and benefit administration and recordkeeping § Maintain employee files and HR filing system (electronic and paper files) § Process Accounts Payable for the Human Resources Department § Assist in employee relations including employee discipline, labor-management relations, and grievance process § Review and update current and new job descriptions § Assist in the collective bargaining negotiation process and updating agreements § Assist in the day-to-day efficient operation of the office § Program planning, implementation, and evaluation for the Johnson County Community ID Program § Coordinate random drug/alcohol testing program § Assist with the tracking of departmental and company measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals § Schedule participants for training sessions, track training records, and enter records into and maintain database
- Human Resources Assistant at Johnson County Human Resources
- Server at Joseph's Steakhouse
- Confidential Administrative Secretary at Johnson County Auditor's Office
- Server at Olive Garden
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Masters of Public Administration - Public Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Communicate positively and in a courteous manner with internal and external customers while providing world class customer service. Knowledgeable of PeopleSoft software to initiate, process and track personnel actions. Run queries to export data from PeopleSoft to generate reports in Excel or Access for recruitment, terminations and various other processes. Reviewed applications to ensure applicants met area of considerations and minimum qualifications required by the Position Description. Supported the Retail, Services, External, Lodging, Billeting, Review and Analysis, Human Resources, Wounded Warrior Battalion, Finance (cumulative 817) and Childcare (635 employees) Division's conducting expedited and rapid hire recruitment and background checks. Knowledgeable on Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) employment and placement policies and MCO P12000.11A w/Ch. 5, Negotiated Agreement between Marine Corps Base, Camp Lejeune Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality and American Federation of Government employees Local 2065. Provide a variety of clerical functions in the support of personnel work such as recruitment, processing personnel actions, and sign-up orientation. Conduct weekly initial sign up orientation for new hires briefing them on standards of conduct, safety regulations, conditions of employment, confidentiality agreement and dress code standards. Advertise vacancy announcements on internal recruitment site and externally on USAJobs. Used Microsoft Access to create and maintain databases for employee relations and staffing records. Initiates, reviews and processes SAAR (System Authorized Access Request) and MCPOS (Point-of-Sale) forms for authorization to use government computer and equipment. Type and create a variety of material such as correspondences, forms, reports, offer letters, certificates and directives. Investigate and ask questions in order to assist customers in finding a solution to their needs. Process background checks and fingerprinting. Prepare various monthly reports related to assigned functions. Use Microsoft Word to create offer letters and letters. Adobe Acrobat to create forms and mail merger for new hire paperwork. Maintain and create personnel records. Facilitated process for privilege cards for employee dependents. Made appointments for new hires to obtain Common Access Cards (CAC). Utilized Adobe Acrobat Pro XI to create and design electronic fillable forms for our customers. Maintained confidentiality as required in dealing with privileged and confidential information, ensuring that routing and control of classified information is compliant with established administrative procedures. Examined employees Official Personnel Files (OPF) to answer provide information relevant to Personnel actions. Maintained Personnel files per DOD standards. Enters all new hire I-9s into E-Verify federal database and maintain associated records separate from personnel file.
- HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT at MCCS Human Resources
- OFFICE AUTOMATION CLERK at BREWSTER CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER
- OFFICE AUTOMATION CLERK at MCCS LOGISTICS
- NIGHT AUDIT CLERK at MCCS INNS OF THE CORPS WARD LODGE
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies - Human Resources Management
Develop policies, procedures & performance management systems for businesses without full-time human resources o Create/communicate/administer HR policies/procedures/employee handbooks. department. o Advise/counsel managers on personnel practices, policies and employment law. o Provide job specifications and job descriptions. o Classify employees and contractors in compliance with FSLA and IRS requirements. o Develop training materials to meet employer needs when appropriate. HIGHEST PROFILE CLIENT: Apache Corp. - GOM Logistics (Fortune 500) Lafayette, LA 2 years Developed, produced, built and implemented eLearning program for logistics department in Gulf of Mexico region. o Developed eLearning module to teach offshore supply vessel captains how to use a computer-generated vessel log Apache: International energy producer of oil & natural gas with $12.1 billion/year in revenue. system (Program encompassed research of vessel program, development of training, creation of eLearning module with built-in accountability testing.) Followed-up with vessel companies ensuring all captains had 80%+ proficiency. o Provided vessel owners instructions about monitoring efficiencies specified by initiation of data collection to present findings to management and vessel owners. o Conducted program follow-up with consultant visitation onboard all vessels in contracted fleet of 50 vessels, which were met at ports across gulf coast. Analyzed co-employment issues within logistics department. o Identified co-employment findings and presented to management. Suggested / implemented corrective measures to bring department into compliance by successfully reclassifying contractors and employees under IRS and FLSA compliance rules.
- HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTANT at Human Resources, LLC
- Human Resources Supervisor at Baker Hughes, Inc
- Human Resources Director at Cenergy International Services
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor's - General Studies - Dual Minors: Criminal Justice, Psychology
Responsible for Human Resources function for HVAC Division, Corporate and Electrical Division Operations United States and Latin America
• Support executive team on HR issues including recruitment, organizational structure and employment relations.
• Provide HR support to Product Management and Engineering groups.
• Manage HR operations for 13 manufacturing and distribution centers across the US and Mexico.
• Responsible for all corporate employment law issues which includes coordinating with corporate counsel.
• Responsible for labor relations; acting as lead negotiator during contract negotiations.
• Member of 2013 AMPUP leadership course run in conjunction with Rutgers University.
• Responsible for operational support in managing day-to-day processes for the divisions including assisting plant and distribution managers in enhancing productivity and aligning to corporate guidelines.
• Manage remote plants and distribution HR managers, including Europe and Latin America.
• Developed and conducted a management fundamentals course with the University of Memphis which resulted in a savings of over $500k in required course improvement projects.
• Key participant on plant closure and expansion projects which included developing stay for pay plans, media and communication plans, severance packages, developing relationships with local governmental officials and obtaining outsourcing resources.
• Directed Taleo implementation for remote locations including Europe, Mexico and Puerto Rico.
• Managed divisional program for identifying and implementing PDI competencies and behaviors for key positions resulting in better development, recruiting and evaluating systems.
• Converted plants to paperless paystub process saving $30,000 a year.
• Assisted in opening of Indian procurement and engineering office. Included identifying talent for key positions and understanding local legal regulations.
• Team member on M&A projects for corporation.
• Appointed member of Pension and Benefit Committee for Thomas & Betts.
- Senior Human Resources Manager at Human Resources function
- Human Resources Manager at Human Resources Department
- Human Resources Manager at Weyerhaeuser Corporation
- Human Resources Associate at
3 years at this Job
- Master of Personnel and Employment Relations
- Bachelor of Science - Political Science