Senior hydrogeologist with extensive experience in water supply investigation, drilling, and testing (fresh and brackish water). Extensive experience with soil and groundwater contamination assessment and cleanup. Extensive experience with the operation and permitting of various solid and liquid waste disposal cells. Experience with public presentations, contract negotiations, and regulatory negotiations. Successfully applied for, and obtained, many solid and liquid waste-related grants.
- Hydrogeologist and Solid Waste Consultant at Hydrogeologist
- Manager at Estancia Valley Solid Waste Authority
- Project Manager, Health and Safety Officer at Yellow Jacket Drilling - Hydrogeologist
- Hydrogeologist at TerranearPMC, LLC
6 months at this Job
- M.S. - Geology
- B.A. - Geology-Biology
610 E. Center Avenue, Mooresville, NC 28115 Hydrogeologist / Incident Manager- Responsible for assuring State Rules and Guidelines are followed for Assessment and Corrective Action of UST and AST releases in Union and Mecklenburg Counties. Responds to inquires from responsible parties, consultants, the public, and members of state and local government. Served on guidelines and GIS committees and published ArcGIS layers. Expertise in groundwater fate and transport modeling using Bioscreen. Supervisor- Ron Taraban, Ph.D. 704-235-2167.
- Hydrogeologist at NCDEQ, Division of Waste Management, UST Section
- Project Manager at ARM Environmental Services
- Senior Geologist at Envirotest Services, Inc
- Project Hydrogeologist at Earth Management Systems, Inc
16 years, 8 months at this Job
- M.S. Geology - Geochemistry/Hydrogeology
- B.S. - Geology
Hydrogeologist With 12 years of experience in the environmental field I am currently serving as a hydrogeologist in the Engineering and Remediation Group of AECOM. My job responsibilities include geologic and hydrogeological studies, site assessments (Phase I and II), remedial investigations, ex-situ and in-situ remediation, bioremediation, record searches, well installation, aerial photo interpretation, field geophysics, field sampling per client-specific operating procedures, quality assurance/quality control, sampling documentation and shipping per client-specific operating procedures, report writing, work plan development and cost estimating, storm water and wastewater sampling, conducting soil and groundwater sampling and analyzing laboratory results. I work with Department of Defense (DOD) clients and several private clients.
- Hydrogeologist at AECOM
- and Environmental Health Specialist, Senior at VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
7 years, 6 months at this Job
- M.S. - Environmental Science and Policy
- Bachelor of Science - Geology
● Implemented new permitting strategy to reduce permitted groundwater withdrawals by 37%.
● Authored 3 technical reviews to evaluate aquifer status resulting in new groundwater management initiatives.
● Coordinates regularly with 4 different sectors and 2 governmental agencies to manage water resource protection areas for sustainability.
● Performs technical reviews and provides recommendations for between 20 and 45 groundwater withdrawal applications a year for adherence to water resource management objectives.
● Collaborates on technical ISF recommendation summary reports.
● Utilizes GIS, and database information in the development of applicable reporting.
● Documents, organizes, analyzes and interprets hydrologic data.
- Hydrogeologist at South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
- Independent GIS Research at University of Pittsburgh
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Geology
- Certificate - Geographic Information Systems
- Hydrogeologist at Arizona Water Pollution Control Association
- at U.S. Department of Energy Environmental Restoration & Waste Management Fellowship
1 month at this Job
- Master of Science - research
- Bachelor of Science - Biochemistry
- M.S. - Hydrology & Water Resources
- B.S. - Biochemistry
- H.S. Diploma
Senior Project Hydrogeologist (2010 to Present)
Project management and field supervision for various projects related to mining and water resource sector clients. Key member of the team that is relied on to get job done in a professional and efficient manner.
Examples of project experience
• Site-wide geologic and hydrogeologic investigations for groundwater exploration and water pollution control permits for mining clients. Investigations included groundwater exploration, fracture trace analysis, environmental permitting, and resource evaluation after exploration was complete.
• Mine dewatering well planning, design, and installation for multi-million dollar investigations
• Municipal water supply production well planning, design, drilling, installation, testing, and project management
• Installation of monitoring well networks for heap-leach pad cyanide solution monitoring
• Well rehabilitation and performance assessments for mining clients and water resource clients
• Design and manage large scale aquifer tests and data analysis for permitting requirements
• Deep fractured bedrock groundwater exploration. Design and manage inflatable packer testing programs and data collection
• Responsible for business development of geothermal heating and cooling practice in the southwest
• Preparation of large scale technical documents and reports
- Senior Project Hydrogeologist at Golder Associates
- Project Hydrogeologist at Clear Creek Associates
- Staff Hydrogeologist at Clear Creek Associates
9 years at this Job
- B.S. - Geosciences
• Duties include, but are not limited to; ◦ Project and Site management, Class V Stormwater well instillation, Class V Stormwater well injection testing, hydraulic testing, Air track observation well installation, Monitoring and observation of well abandonment, Report writing, Data control, Data interpretation, Surficial electrical resistivity data collection, Proposal writing, and Water Production Well Drilling, and Production well yield testing
- Staff Hydrogeologist at Geo-Technology Associates, Inc
- Geologist/Geophysicist at Earth Data Northeast, Inc
- Wellsite Geologist at Geosearch Logging Inc
- Intern during the summer at
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Geoscience
- Associate's degree - Wildlife and Fisheries Technology
• Supervise drilling for 9 groundwater monitoring wells on the Gowanus Canal Superfund site in Brooklyn, NY. Examine, sample and log 12 heavily contaminated soil borings. Perform various sampling and measurement activities on 60+ wells in environmentally degraded areas throughout NY, NJ and CT. Provide geotechnical construction oversight. Conduct groundwater and soil sampling.
- Geologist/Hydrogeologist at Brown and Caldwell
- Financial Analyst at Border to Border Exploration
- Wellsite Geologist at BBX Operating LLC
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- B.S. - Geologic Sciences
• Conducted hydrogeologic investigations and published reports on the Trinity Aquifer.
• Made regular public presentations to stakeholders and policymakers on groundwater issues.
• Reviewed and provided comment on water availability studies submitted by consultants.
• Regularly interacted and collaborated with technical staff from state agencies and groundwater conservation districts.
• Designed and oversaw drilling of monitoring wells; maintained aquifer monitoring network.
• Collected, organized, and interpreted extensive database of hydrogeologic data.
- Hydrogeologist at Hays Trinity Groundwater Conservation District
- Teaching Assistant; Research Assistant at University of Texas at Austin
- Field Technician at Environmental Geophysics Associates
- Hydrogeologic Intern at Barton Springs/Edwards Aquifer Conservation District
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - Geological Sciences
- BS - Environmental Sciences
RESEARCH AND TECHNICAL WRITING:
Conducted Groundwater Supply Assessments and wrote Water Use Permit applications submitted to the SWFWMD
• Collected and analyzed aquifer data, implemented and evaluated aquifer pump tests and groundwater sampling.
• Valuable team member on larger projects that required multiple professionals; for example, coordinated with groundwater modelers and graphic artists to produce compelling and logical reports
• Water Management District Permit Applications: objectively and critically accessed what information was needed, how and where to find it, and analyzed information from all relevant sources in order to submit convincing permit applications under strict deadlines. FIELD GEOLOGIST: Supervised drilling operations and well construction for South Collier Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Plant (SCRWTP) Phase II Wellfield Construction and Oldsmar Deep Injection Exploratory Well Project · Geologic sample analysis/mud logging during mud and reverse-air rotary drilling · Aquifer pumping tests · Geologic coring and analysis · Supervised wireline logging · Oversaw casing installation and cementing operations · Ensured drilling operations met regulatory standards · Ensured drilling contractors adhered to contract specifications Member of a team of geologists who worked together on the Oldsmar project to keep it on track and within contract specifications. Worked independently with minimal supervision on the SCRWTP project, reporting progress and possible problems directly to project manager. Required ability to follow methodology and the capacity to problem solve under pressure. On both projects, communicated with contractors and other support staff, clients, other team members, and supervisors.
- Staff Hydrogeologist at Entrix Water Solutions
8 months at this Job
- MCE - Vermont
- B.S. - Geology