Senior hydrogeologist with extensive experience in water supply investigation, drilling, and testing (fresh and brackish water). Extensive experience with soil and groundwater contamination assessment and cleanup. Extensive experience with the operation and permitting of various solid and liquid waste disposal cells. Experience with public presentations, contract negotiations, and regulatory negotiations. Successfully applied for, and obtained, many solid and liquid waste-related grants.
- Hydrogeologist and Solid Waste Consultant at Hydrogeologist
- Manager at Estancia Valley Solid Waste Authority
- Project Manager, Health and Safety Officer at Yellow Jacket Drilling - Hydrogeologist
- Hydrogeologist at TerranearPMC, LLC
8 months at this Job
- M.S. - Geology
- B.A. - Geology-Biology
• Conduct field work in Idaho, Kansas, and Missouri consisting of groundwater and soil sampling at a variety of sites including ammonia and petroleum release sites as well as several industrial sites using a variety of groundwater sampling equipment (bladder pumps, bailers, hydrasleeves).
• Write and compile technical reports and draft figures using the ArcMap suite of software for both government clients (KDHE) and private sector clients.
• Supervise several drilling projects using mud-rotary, hollow stem auger, and direct push methods for both monitoring well installation and aquifer testing as well as supervise abandonments of monitoring wells for site closure.
• Oversee the excavation of contaminated soil at emergency petroleum spill responses using field screening techniques.
• Experience working with private sector clients and state environmental agencies.
• Flexibility in working with WSP colleagues from several offices across the country at sites all around the country.
- Hydrogeologist at Hydrogeologist I - WSP USA, Inc
- Research Assistant at Missouri State University
- Teaching Assistant at Missouri State University
1 year at this Job
- Master's of Environmental Geology & Geospatial Science - Petrology, And Heavy Mineral Analysis
• Provided technical input to board of directors on groundwater policy making decisions.
• Analyzed a diversity of available hydrogeologic data including but not limited to: downhole geophysical log interpretation; geochemical analysis; well hydrograph analysis; potentiometric surface mapping; aquifer test analysis; stream gain/loss studies; and dye tracing.
• Produced scientific reports, GIS maps, technical memos, and other deliverables relating to groundwater in western Hays County.
• Collaborated with technical staff from county, state, and federal agencies in collecting, organizing, and publishing hydrogeologic data.
• Engaged in public education and outreach activities.
• Reviewed and provided comment on water availability studies submitted by consultants.
• Designed and oversaw drilling of monitoring wells; maintained aquifer monitoring network.
• Trained and supervised geotechnician.
- Hydrogeologist at Hays Trinity Groundwater Conservation District
- Teaching Assistant; Research Assistant at University of Texas at Austin
- Field Technician at Environmental Geophysics Associates
- Hydrogeologic Intern at Barton Springs/Edwards Aquifer Conservation District
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master's - Geological Sciences
- BS - Environmental Science
• Irrigation management services for a Subdivision Advisory Committee
• Residential water quality sampling
• Support writing proposals for government contract bids
• Spring and seep survey for a proposed coal mine expansion
• Support well borehole lithology, well completion, sampling, and development
- Hydrogeologist at GeoHydrologic Consulting LLC
- Hydrogeologist at Whetstone Associates Inc
- Project Geologist at Uranium One Americas
- Hydrogeologist at Linc Energy Operations, Inc
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Geology
I currently work on the initial assessment reports, final assessment reports, and restrictive covinents for open release sites under part 213 of the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality’s storage tank remediation system. This primarily involves the removal of underground storage tanks (USTs) and remediation/ containment of Leaky USTs (LUSTs). I also oversee UST removal and work in the field taking groundwater measurements, groundwater samples, and soil samples.
- Hydrogeologist at Triterra
- Geoprobe Operator at Sub Surface Investigation
- Teaching Assistant, Geology Dep. Albion College at Geology Dep. Albion College
- City Employee at City of Douglas
2 months at this Job
- Master's - Geology/ Earth Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts - Geological Science
• Assist on IDOT hazardous waste projects
• Assist with Corrective Action Plan for Illinois LUST project
- Hydrogeologist at Anderson Environmental
- Senior Hydrogeologist at FEHR-GRAHAM & ASSOCIATES
- Project Hydrogeologist at Delta Environmental
- Project Manager/Geologist at TRANSENVIRONMENTAL LTD
5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Geohydrology
- Bachelor of Arts - Geology
Senior Project Hydrogeologist (2010 to Present) Project management and field supervision for various projects related to mining and water resource sector clients. Key member of the team that is relied on to get job done in a professional and efficient manner. Examples of project experience
• Site-wide geologic and hydrogeologic investigations for groundwater exploration and water pollution control permits for mining clients. Investigations included groundwater exploration, fracture trace analysis, environmental permitting, and resource evaluation after exploration was complete.
• Mine dewatering well planning, design, and installation for multi-million dollar investigations
• Municipal water supply production well planning, design, drilling, installation, testing, and project management
• Installation of monitoring well networks for heap-leach pad cyanide solution monitoring
• Well rehabilitation and performance assessments for mining clients and water resource clients
• Design and manage large scale aquifer tests and data analysis for permitting requirements
• Deep fractured bedrock groundwater exploration. Design and manage inflatable packer testing programs and data collection
• Responsible for business development of geothermal heating and cooling practice in the southwest
• Preparation of large scale technical documents and reports
- Senior Project Hydrogeologist at Golder Associates
- Project Hydrogeologist at Clear Creek Associates
- Staff Hydrogeologist at Clear Creek Associates
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Geosciences
• Managed the Lima, Perú office of Montgomery & Associates and was responsible for marketing, budgeting, and execution of hydrogeologic consulting projects for mining, agricultural, and real estate industries
• Supervised and mentored staff of 12 geologists and hydrogeologist
• Projects included water supplies for agricultural and residential developments, dewatering projects, numerical modeling of groundwater flow and transport, and environmental impact assessments for open pit and underground mines
• Currently working part-time for Montgomery & Associates, less than 10 hours/month.
- Hydrogeologist at Montgomery & Associates
- Owner and Hydrogeologist at Smith Consultants
- Office Manager and Senior Hydrogeologist at GeoTrans, Inc
- Hydrogeologist at Various (see resume)
6 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master's - Engineering Geology
- Master's - Geology
- Master's - Water Resources Management
- Bachelor's - Geology
• Operate heavy machinery to perform maintenance on irrigation systems.
• Irrigate ditches and read gauges. Measure water daily.
• Perform basic labor work; repair some equipment, work with tools, manual labor, etc.
• Works well with others to complete tasks.
- Hydrogeologist at FPST
- Store Assistant Manager at Papa Murphy's Pizza
1 year, 11 months at this Job
Manages environmentally-focused field programs to characterize and remediate complex contaminant sources and subsurface plumes in overburden, bedrock and groundwater for various Northeast US government and private-sector clients. Leads global electronic data collection efforts to increase efficiency, reduce error and improve communication under several DoD emerging contaminant investigation contracts. Efforts have contributed to the award of multiple multi-million dollar contracts, while saving the client(s) an estimated at $500,000 to date. Mentors junior field staff, instructs subcontractors, interfaces with clients and regulators, and compiles delivers complex deliverables for under tight budgetary and time constraints.
- Senior Hydrogeologist at Wood, Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc.
- Research Associate/Senior Investigator at On-Call Basis
- Geohydrologist at R.W. Gillespie & Associates, Inc
- Geologist at EARTH TECH, NE INC
9 years at this Job
- MS - Geology
- BA - Earth Science