6000 J Street, Placer Hall, Sacramento, CA 95819
Supervisor: Scott Wright (916) 862-0163
Hydrologist 07/12/2015 - Present
• Led all spatial analysis and processing of LiDAR and GPS data for several bathymetric surveys
• Synthesized all report figures (maps, charts, longitudinal profiles, etc) and co-authored U.S.G.S. report on San Antonio Reservoir, CA bathymetric survey.
• Developed SOPs for suspended sediment concentration and wet sieving techniques
- Hydrologist at U.S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY - CALIFORNIA WATER SCIENCE CENTER
- Manger at U.S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY - CALIFORNIA WATER SCIENCE CENTER
- Student Trainee at Hydrology
- Hydrologic Technician at
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- A.S. - G.I.S
- Bachelor's - GEOLOGY
Surface-water lead for NAWQA (Charleston, West Virginia) and Hydrologist (Tallahassee, Florida): Publish reports summarizing surface-water quality and sediment data. Prepare budgets and present results of data analysis. Organize surface-water synoptic sampling. Manage water-quality, bed-sediment, and fish-tissue databases. Review outside District water-quality databases and field operations as part of a Nation team. Review technical reports. Water-quality database administrator (Tempe, Arizona): Maintain existing District water-quality databases. Perform data checking necessary for planned migration to a new database system. Project Chief (Tempe, Arizona): Author of interpretative report summarizing lake sampling and analysis of data for the Theodore Roosevelt historical overview and limnological reconnaissance study. Collect storm-water runoff samples for Barnes U.S. Army investigation. Perform stream discharge measurements; surface-, ground-, and lake-water quality sampling; and technical review of water-quality reports.
- HYDROLOGIST, GS at U.S. Geological Survey
- HYDROLOGIC TECHNICIAN, GS at U.S. Geological Survey
11 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Environmental Science
- Hydrologist at Bureau of Reclamation
- Guest Scientist GIP at Grand Canyon National Park
- GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT at Ohio University Department of Geography
- CONSERVATION INTERN at Montana Conservation Corps & National Forest Service
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- MS - Physical Geography
- BS in Environmental Policy and Management with a focus in soils - Natural Resources
-Responsible for building, installing and maintaining hydrological monitoring stations. -Stream sampling for water quality. -Work on stream surveys, and rating development. -Compose reports for clients summarizing station functionality. -Work internationally in many different climates. -Operate heavy machinery -
- Hydrologist at
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Watershed Science
o Analytical Chemist for the Dissolved Gas Laboratory within the Groundwater Dating Laboratory. Responsible for lab operation including analyzing aqueous samples by headspace for methane, carbon dioxide, argon, and nitrogen by GC/FID/TCD, calculating the partial pressures and estimated age of the sample. Established changes in the method to provide greater efficiencies including implementing a barcode system to track samples from cradle to grave and automatic data recording to prevent human error by manual input of data. Additional duties include supervising an assistant; managing, analyzing and interpreting dissolved gas data for internal and external customers, producing a Standard Operating Procedure, collecting and analyzing quality assurance, quality control samples, communicating with internal and external customers and resolving any data queries, supervising receiving of samples and proper logging in of samples, prompt construction and shipment of supplies needed for sample collection.
- Hydrologist at Project Lab Branch
- Hydrologist at USGS National Research Program
- Volunteer for Science at USGS National Research Program, Eastern Region, USGS
- USGS MD at DC Science Center
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- M.S. - Environmental Science and Policy
- B.S. - Marine Science
Assisted three Area Hydrologists in the regulation of activities affecting public waters of the state. Processed Public Waters Work Permit applications, responded to public
inquiries, investigated potential violations and drafted restoration orders for violators to come into compliance with public water regulations
• Collaborated with the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency in the development of Watershed Restoration and Protection Strategies (WRAPS) for multiple watersheds in the Northeast Region.
• Served as Lead for the DNR's interagency core team for One Watershed One Plan (1W1P) in the Northeast Region.
- Support Hydrologist at Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- Lead researcher and author for two projects at Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Hydrologic Monitoring Assistant at Mower County SWCD
- Graduate Student Research Assistant at University of Minnesota
2 years at this Job
- Master of Science
- Bachelor of Arts - Biology
Project chief for SWAT 3 HUC12 field scale models in the Great Lakes basin
o Tasks include: intensive GIS development, model creation, calibration, and scenario creation.
I facilitated collaboration and coordination with other federal and university partners,
managed a $200k/year budget, and directed junior hydrologists. Project culminated with three journal articles and multiple presentations at local, regional and national settings.
• IL water use compilation for 2015
• arcPython GIS programming for computation of hydrologic parameters for multiple watersheds in Northeast Illinois, Northwest Indiana, and Southeast Wisconsin
- Hydrologist (GS-11) at US Geological Survey Illinois Water Science Center
- Hydrologist (GS-9) at US Geological Survey Arkansas Water Science Center
- Hydrologist (GS-7) at US Geological Survey Arkansas Water Science Center
- Independent Student Contractor (equivalent GS-9) at US Geological Survey Illinois Water Science Center
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- MS - Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- BS - Biological and Agricultural Engineering
• Perform field surveys, data analysis, water quality sampling, GIS mapping, CAD drawing, and hydraulic modeling (HEC-RAS) for stream restoration projects.
• Write and edit project proposals and technical reports for high-paced projects with overlapping deadlines.
• Conduct marketing and research for potential projects.
- Junior Hydrologist at Fain Environmental LLC
- Barista at Down Pour Coffee Bar
- AmeriCorps Watershed Steward at CA Dept. of Fish & Wildlife
- Land Management Intern at UC Davis-McLaughlin Natural Reserve
9 months at this Job
- Master's - Environmental Engineering, Water Quality
- Bachelor's - Biology, Environmental Studies
- Certificate in River Restoration
Inspected lakes for leaks or other issues Researched and mapped out job sites Kept organized records of each job for further use Synchronized with maintenance workers and other clients on site
- Diver/Hydrologist's Assistant at American Geo Tech
- Lead Installer/Supervisor at Southwest Sign Co
- Field Rep, Installer at National Sign and Marketing
- Woodworker/Machine operator at G & L Manufacturing, Inc
4 years at this Job
- ICC Combination Certification - Electrical, building, plumbing, mechanical
- Associates - Business Administration
• Reaches out to refuge leaders, performs literature reviews, and collects geospatial data at national wildlife refuge sites to produce Water Resource Inventory and Assessment (WRIA) reports.
• Gathers information about water features, supply, quality and quantity, water rights, water management infrastructure, and threats and needs at national wildlife refuges within the 8 states of Region 6.
• Produced a new deliverable structure of WRIA materials, which is seen to be more hands-on for refuge staff, including GeoPDF maps, a KMZ map, and a summary report of findings.
- Temporary Service Hydrologist at U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- Environmental Scientist at Watershed Consulting Associates, LLC
- Geomorphology Field Assistant at University of Vermont (Geology Department)
- ArcSWAT Research Project at University of Vermont (Geography Department)
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- BS - Environmental Science (Minors in Geology and Geospatial Technologies)