Environment: Hyperion Planning 22.214.171.124, Hyperion Essbase 126.96.36.199, Oracle EPM System
Workspace, Fusion Edition 188.8.131.52.0.79, Smart View Add-in, Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio, Microsoft Excel 2010, Toad for Oracle 10.6, Oracle Analytics Cloud, PBCS
Role: Hyperion Consultant Roles & Responsibilities:
• Worked with business users to analyze and understand the requirements and delivered required FR reports for reporting purposes
• Worked on enhancement and modification of the MaxL and Power shell scripts to automate the daily jobs and Metadata refresh process for the Planning applications. Worked on upgrade testing of the Essbase and Planning applications as a part of the version upgrade from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11.
• Controlled on Shared Services and EPM Architect. Continuous contribution to Windows servers and application services.
• Developed reports based off of the PBCS application using the Reporting Web Studio.
• Worked on migrating the applications and reports from one environment to other using the Life Cycle Management (LCM) Utility.
• Working as Hyperion Developer and involved in working on Public-Sector Planning Application.
• Worked on Hyperion Planning Design Document
• Developed web forms using Hyperion Planning web client for the users to input Forecast Budget Actual Accounting changes.
• Involved in creating and updating Web Forms to provide ability for users to easily input budget information using Planning Web forms.
• Managing Metadata and data load, synchronizing metadata and data between different environments
• Created a shared member hierarchy for Entity Dimension, upon user request.
• Analyzed, designed and optimized the load rules to improve the Dynamic database updates and to optimize the Essbase database cubes performing the calculation scripts to calculate the data
• Worked on implementing Hyperion Forecasting module and also assisting users in UAT.
• Developed load rules files to Build Dimensions and load data into the Essbase cube.
• Worked on Loading Actuals to the Application at the end of each month.
• Maintain hierarchies and Business rules for Planning applications
• Involved in making modifications to Business rules as per requirement.
• Involved in optimizing and updating Data forms, Task lists, Smart list and Menus.
• Worked on building & updating various reports in Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio.
• Developed excel based reports using Smart View function builder.
• Worked on migrating artifacts between different environments.
• Extensively trained business users on Smart View and HFR tools.
• Responsible for migration of various artifacts from one environment to other.
• Worked on System security by provisioning various users and groups and budget group members using shared services.
• Ensured monthly Planning and Forecasting processes run smoothly in Planning and Essbase Applications.
• Setting up user security for the business users as a part of user testing module which includes dimension level security, Object level security and user provisioning.
• Designed scripts to enable disaster recovery and push back up data to DR servers
• Interacted regularly with budget team, Business users and application administrators.
• Loaded data to the PBCS application using the FDMEE utility provided by PBCS
- Hyperion Consultant at Cisco Systems
- Hyperion Consultant at Marsh & McLennan
- Hyperion Consultant at Academy Sports
- HYPERION CONSULTANT at SUN EDISON
2 years, 5 months at this Job
Facebook, Inc. is an American online social media and social networking service company. Facebook has multiple systems for maintaining and reporting company financials reports on Hyperion. Facebook has Actual data coming from source system EBS and getting loaded to Hyperion Planning through Hyperion Essbase using Data Load Rules. Responsibilities:
• Understanding and gathering Business requirements on Financial reports.
• Creation and maintenance of Data load Rules in Essbase.
• Creating Financial reports on Revenue and Expense models in Hyperion 18.104.22.168.
• Created an excel utility for downloading the Cost Allocation Forms in Excel from Hyperion Planning in different tabs and mail it to the business.
• Facebook Tasks module for Business Reporting and follow-ups Environment: Oracle Hyperion Financial Report 22.214.171.124, Facebook Tasks module for Business Reporting
- Hyperion Consultant at FINXERA
- Hyperion Consultant at FINXERA
- Hyperion Consultant at Providence St. Joseph Health
- Hyperion Consultant at Healthcare Services Corporation
9 months at this Job
- B. Tech - Electronics and Communication
Project involved development of Essbase/Planning applications to be used for State budgeting and reports in HFR. Responsibilities:
• Using v126.96.36.199 to create Essbase/Planning applications
• Involve in designing, modifying and building of outline and creating member formulas and MDX.
• Perform data load/exports into/from Essbase applications.
• Involve in creation of calculation scripts for performing various computations
• Setup and maintain automated scripts for data/metadata load to Hyperion Planning and Essbase applications.
• Build, maintain and run complex reports using Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio (HFR) and Hyperion Smart View for the finance teams
• Administer the Hyperion Data Relationship Management (DRM) environment.Improve the business team's experience: Maintain & Automate DRM Versions, Hierarchies, Nodes, properties, and formulae.
• Integrate and Streamline: Support and Optimize DRM metadata integrations with target systems
• Research and resolve metadata integration and update issues using SQL.
- Hyperion Consultant at State of California
- Hyperion Consultant at Accenture
- Hyperion Consultant at J Walter
- Hyperion Developer at Ford Motor
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology - Information Technology
- Master of Science in Computer Science - Computer Science
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Design, Plan, Develop and implement software using Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools.
• Gathering and understanding user business requirements and communicating with supervisors and other co-workers on the business requirements.
• Analyze software requirements, prepare technical design documents and use cases for testing developed applications.
• Created Macros using VB script in Excel to prepare Monthly Rates (R11) format file.
• Created more than 50+ Validations in DRM (Data Relationship Management tool) to prepare Metadata according to the Business.
• Perform code reviews, test and tune software, fix bugs, gather and evaluate user needs, enhance existing software to optimize operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements
• Created workflow model in DRG.
• Loading Monthly, Quarterly, Budget rates to Oracle R11, R12 EBS and Data warehouse.
• Adding/Creating Cross Validation Rules, Security Rules, Segment values to R11, R12 EBS.
• Understanding the Business flow of reporting to provide better enhancements.
• Working with the Hyperion Suite of products including HFM, Essbase, and Planning.
• Development of programs for consolidation and rollup of source data elements to target data elements.
• Running Metadata Refresh on Monthly Basis to get the metadata flow to Planning applications and Essbase.
• Automated validations to run from desktop through Batch client.
• Enhancing the push time to DRM using DRM utility.
• Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the software programs to ensure that the desired results are produced.
• Developing data validation programs and error reporting systems
• Providing Production support for the Hyperion Financial Systems and users.
• Understanding of support ticket process, from new tickets to successful completion of existing tickets for client in the SLA period.
• Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify software intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
• Creating respective Database connections to DRM exports to error-free data flow.
• Perform analysis and development tasks to maintain and control the use of computer software.
• Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions.
• Creating various report specific formulae based on calculation contexts of the report.
• Involved in writing free hand SQL, as data provider for retrieving data.
• Conducting system requirement analysis, including documenting current and future state business processes, and analyzing their interaction and inter-dependencies to support process design.
• Actively involved in full project development life cycle of Hyperion DRM, Functional Specifications Document (requirements gathering), application design, development, parallel testing, rollout into production environment, and implementation.
• Developed excel based reports using Smart View function builder.
• Conducting presentations training sessions and created training documents for the Business users on the use of reporting tools.
• Implemented EBX5 MDM (Replacement of DRM) tool. Project: EBX5 MDM tool Responsibilities
• Communicating and explaining our Business logic to Orchestra Networks (EBX5 product owners).
• Created Data Model, Data Space in EBX5
• Built all 130 hierarchies in EBX5 replicating DRM.
• Explained the logic of Derived properties in DRM to Orchestra Networks to build them in EBX5
• Responsible for all testing End to End.
• Explained the logic of all 180 validations in DRM to Orchestra Networks to build them in EBX5
• Provided training for Data Governance team to use EBX5.
• Setup of EBX5 security roles and users as per AD.
• Trained all the users on how to use Workflow concept in EBX5.
• Supporting EBX5 in all environments after successful go live. Project: FLink Enhancement Responsibilities
• FLink is a MMC inbuilt tool for job scheduling and monitoring.
• Supporting FLink in monitoring
• Updating Store Procedure for Auto Delete/Auto Restart of failed jobs.
• Updating Perl scripts for faster completion of jobs.
• Understanding the flow of actual/planning data.
• Understanding the Data model and requesting changes accordingly.
• Job Conflict - Modified the store procedure to reduce the job conflict to the granular level. Moving Essbase Data file to archive folder using Perl script.
- Hyperion Consultant at Marsh & McLennan Companies
- Hyperion Developer at Cisco
- Hyperion Developer at Mineral Technologies, PA
- Hyperion Consultant at Open Origin
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Hyperion Consultant at Hyperion Energy Solar
- Uber Driver Partner at Uber
- Entertainment /Model/Acting at Exclusive Access ENT
- Bartender/Server at Baja Sharkeez Manhattan Beach
1 month at this Job
- Associate - Business
- Associate - Business
• Development and enhancements in the existing consolidation application
• Designing the locations and mappings associated with each location.
• Perform pre-close and close activities
• Implemented Workforce and Capex module of planning.
• Implemented Salary, Taxes, employee expenses, Working hours and employee appeal process in workforce planning
• Use Xwrite and Xref faction combination to push the workforce data into PNL cube and also push bonus data from PNL cube to Workforce for accurate tax calculation.
• Optimized the Essbase BSO and ASO cube by changing the outline.
• Implement the account and cost center hierarchy in DRM for Center repository tool for Company
• Write Different property In DRM to support HFM, Planning Essabse and other relation system.
• Automate the change Data capture process in DRM with help export DRM function and Action script.
• Implement security In DRM and also Use blender and import script DRM to support company merger process and Re- org process.
• Writing MAXL scripts, batch script to automate the Month end Process.
• Design Migration of the Planning Application from Development to QA.
• synchronized the data between ASO &BSO cubes via EPMA Datasync process
• Implement Data load process in ODI as well in FDM for different finance need.
• Created projects and interfaces to load metadata and data into the Hyperion Planning applications using both Planning and Essbase Knowledge Modules (KMs) in Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
• Automate Dataloading and Dimension build Process, Email notification Via ODI
• Maintain the Topology and logical schema for ODI environment.
• Schedule the ODI packages in with help of ODI scheduling utility.
• Writing MaxL scripts to automate data load into ESSBASE database using Rules files.
• ESSBASE DBA Activities (Performance tuning, optimization, Esscmd, MaxL API, Backup, Outline, Load rules)
- Hyperion Consultant at CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc
- Hyperion Consultant at Toyota Financial Services
- Hyperion Lead at Equifax Inc
- Hyperion Lead at Capitol One
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Masters in Computer Science - Computer Science
• Performed installation, configuration, Patching, Performance tuning and upgrade of Hyperion products (Hyperion Essbase, Planning, HFM, ODI, FDMEE, EPMA, HFR,DRM) 11.1.2.x to 188.8.131.52.
• Troubleshooting critical issues in timely manner to- ensure the SLAs (Service level agreement) are met.
• Managing the Metadata update as part of month end financial close process. Update Accounts, ICP, and Custom1 metadata as per the business need and validated.
• Helping the users during the Process Management control process. Identifying the root cause of validation failure and troubleshooting the same.
• Created Journal Entry templates ,Data Forms and Data Grids for users.
• Was closely working with the corporate consolidation team and finance team of the company and was making the changes according to their requirements.
• Extensively involved in designing, developing and modifying outlines by grouping and positioning.
• Developed rules file for building dimensions using different build methods and data loading.
• Developed and ran calculation scripts to calculate complex values.
• Strong knowledge of working on FDMEE components like ODI, ERP Integrator.
• Involved in design and development of ASO and BSO cubes to support Planning, Forecasting and Reporting.
• Designed logic groups, locations, import format, validations, data load rules and mappings in FDMEE
• Setup Target Planning and HFM application and dimension mappings in FDMEE.
• Responsible for migration of Hyperion Essbase, Planning, Hyperion Financial Management to 184.108.40.206.
• Monitoring the current production environment servers for performance and stability.
• Performed Sanity check once the applications were migrated.
• Interact with the client on weekly status calls.
• Prepared documents for future reference. Environment: Hyperion Essbase 220.127.116.11, Hyperion Planning 18.104.22.168, HFM, FDMEE, Windows 2012 R2, ODI, HFR, Linux,SQL Server, Smart view. SOA, FCM
- Hyperion Consultant at Oracle Corporation
- Hyperion Consultant at Zimmer Biomet
- Hyperion DRM Consultant at MASTEC, Inc
- Hyperion Essbase Developer at Prudential Insurance Roseland
2 years, 10 months at this Job
J. Walter Thompson is an international advertising agency headquartered in New York. They use Hyperion Planning applications for their financial planning & budgeting process and FDMEE for loading Actuals to Hyperion Planning. The project involved administration and support of the Hyperion environment. Responsibilities:
• Administration/Development of FINPLAN app that supported actual, budget and forecast processes as well as formal management reporting. This application includes the full chart of accounts to allow for complete P&L
• Support for ad-hoc user problems with respect to FDM and excel data loads, and reconciliation
• Providing user training and user access based on the requirement
• Integration maintenance (FDM), Report development/maintenance (HFR and Spreadsheets), Metadata maintenance in Hyperion Planning
• Load current year exchange rates into the system
• Automating data loads and maintenance
• Involved in defragmentation of the databases
• Writing scripts for calculations, aggregations, data import/export and automation
• Handling backup and restore of Essbase artifacts
• Involved in Hyperion upgrade from versions 9.x to 11.x version
• Prepare test case for system testing
• Perform System Testing and prepare documentation Environment: Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management (FDMEE), Hyperion Financial Reporting (HFR), Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Essbase 22.214.171.124, Windows Server
- Hyperion Consultant at JWT
- Sr. Hyperion Essbase Developer at Ford Motor
- Hyperion Support Lead at Symantec
- Hyperion Support Lead at Google
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering - Information Technology
- Master of Science - Computer Science
Project Description: Enhancing and developing new applications for Prudential for planning and budgeting the Responsibilities: * Developed Load Rules, for data load in to Essbase OLAP server using Essbase ApplicationManager.Involved in creation of Calc scripts, Rules for Hyperion Essbase Database and Application. * Involved in development of rules files - for performing operations on records, fields, data, dimension building. * Developed accurate budgets and performed and analysis faster with hyperion public sector planning and budgeting. * Worked with the latest version of Oracle Hyperion (126.96.36.199). * Managing the definition, implementation and integration of quality * Applied Intelligent Calculation - for calc scripts, partial calculations, calculating data blocks, turned OFF Intelligent Calculation where it was not necessary and affected performance. * Applied HFM to create Balance Sheets, Cash-Flow statement, financial and market forecasting through data retrieved from Essbase. * Maintained of Hyperion System like Essbase , Planning or HFM from service perspective. * Optimized and tuned Database outline to increase retrieval speed of Hyperion Essbase BSO cube. * Created Database backup for Hyperion OLAP Server. * Performed tuning and debugging as well as enhancements. * Applied Hyperion Financial Reporting to design specific financial reports to serve management requirements. * Develop building Dimensions, Attributes, Shared Member using Rule Files in an outline by means of several build methods such as Generation, Level and Parent-Child references * Validated all the databases for data using standard Excel retrievals and Essbase reports. * Created business rules that replicate the functionality of complex formulas existing in excel. * Used Shared Services for defining and allocating provisions to the users of the company as per the needs of higher management. * Developed reports for users to view the data in the planning applications using Hyperion Financial Reports. * Involved in performing DBA activities such as performance tuning the calculation scripts, along with taking periodical ESSBASE backups. * As a part of production support, look after Hyperion applications; make sure the system is up and running, available for all users. * Prepared reports as per client requirement using Hyperion Reports and scheduled using Hyperion Reports batch scheduler. Environment: Hyperion planning 188.8.131.52, Essbase 184.108.40.206, EIS-Integration services 220.127.116.11, Essbase Studio 18.104.22.168, Hyperion Financial Reports Studio 22.214.171.124, Hyperion Data Integration management 126.96.36.199, Hyperion smart view, BPA, Cognos, Citrix Oracle 11g, Oracle Applications, MS Excel Add-in, VB Scripting, ODI 11g,
- Sr. Hyperion Consultant at Cisco Systems
- at USAA
- at Chubb Insurance
- Consultant at Saralee
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Computer Science
Celgene Corporation is an American biotechnology company that discovers, develops and commercializes medicines for cancer and inflammatory disorders. It is incorporated in Delaware and headquartered in Summit, New Jersey. Role & Responsibilities:
Oracle Essbase/Planning/Reporting Developer
• Actively participated in (SDLC) of the Hyperion implementation project, was involved in requirement gathering, functional decision, designing application, UAT, create designing documents and providing ongoing-support to the end user.
• Developed Essbase cubes for Sales, Production, Planning and Budgeting.
• Developed outlines, Calc Scripts, Load Rules for loading dimensions and data into Essbase cube.
• Developed Essbase outline formulas and Calc Scripts using advanced Calc Scripts functions.
• Developed detailed Reports for every functional Unit, stocking, Price, Volume Trends and calculating Expense Variances over prior periods.
• Retrieving data using Excel Add-In utility to analyze cube outline for data integrity using MaxL Scripting and ESSCMD to create batch files for optimization.
• Developed batch scripts using MaxL for the automation of various processes.
• Optimized outlines to have faster data loads, calculation and retrievals
• Administration and support of Hyperion Planning, Managing and setting up Hyperion Planning dimensions using EPMA.
• Create ASO cubes for reporting, load dimensions and create MDX member formulas.
• Created data entry forms to enter forms, update, analyze, print, and report on data.
• Worked on reports rationalization and functional and technical documentation, unit testing and integration testing of reports.
• Performed monthly backups of Hyperion data. Helped facilitate creation and loading of quarterly budget data.
• Worked extensively on security and access settings for the reports and cubes in Workspace and Shared Services.
• Migrated application from test to pre-prod and production.
• Managed access to Data Forms and Folders including assigning access and changing access using Hyperion Planning.
• Extensively involved in importing and exporting Access Permissions.
• Managed Security Filters using Planning Administration.
• Created and provision users with necessary roles on applications using Hyperion Shared Services.
• Was solely responsible for developing all the FR reports from scratch in Finance reporting team.
• Designed many extremely complex reports using Hyperion Financial Reporting using multiple grids and multiple data sources.
• Built various reports like Income statement, Balance Sheet, PPE and Analysis reports for the Minority Corps and Partnerships.
• Designed reports to display YTD and YTD prior year for any input month/quarter chosen even though there is no YTD substitution variable member in the cube.
• Used multiple grids, subsets, freeform grids in Web Analysis Reports to enable inter grid calculations.
• Identified FR bugs and worked with Oracle to fix the issues. Oracle Essbase/Planning/HFM Admin
• Building new Infrastructure setup of Oracle Hyperion EPM 188.8.131.52 on distributed environment for PROD, UAT, TEST, and DEV environments.
• Installing of Oracle Hyperion EPM System 184.108.40.206 products (HFM, FDMEE, Essbase, and Planning) on Windows 2012 R2 servers and configuring with Oracle WebLogic 11g application server.
• Installation and Configuration of the ODI 220.127.116.11 on the Windows 2012 R2
• Migrating multiple planning applications, Essbase applications, FDMEE, and security from one environment to another using the LCM Utility.
• Migrating the HFM application from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 using the Copy app utility.
• Migrating the Business Rules in 126.96.36.199 to the Calculation Manager in 188.8.131.52
• Converting the FDM applications in 184.108.40.206 to the FDMEE in 220.127.116.11.
• Automated the data load process in the FDMEE
• Performed the analysis of the issues in the Oracle Hyperion 18.104.22.168 and applied the needed PSUs
• Developed the scripts to automate the start/stop of the Hyperion services as part of the weekly and monthly maintenance.
• Infrastructure Support - EPM infrastructure performance tuning (tuning Oracle WebLogic server parameters, HTTP server parameters, Hyperion planning, HFM, and FDMEE).
• Performance tuning and Optimization of the Applications for the fast data loads, better calculation times of the cubes and fast retrieval of the reports using the Dense/Sparse settings, Cache settings, Outline formulas.
• Conducted the user training sessions on Smart View for the users, who intend to move from Essbase add-in to Smart view.
• Provided the Post-Production go live support for the users.
- Sr. Hyperion Consultant at Celgene
- Sr. Hyperion Developer / Admin at AIG
- Sr. Hyperion Essbase/Planning/Report Consultant at Williams Company
- Sr. Hyperion Essbase/Planning Consultant at Capital One
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Masters of Computer Application - Computer Application
- Bachelor of Science