General Motors developed a global application that was built to enable managerial reporting of budget, actual, forecast and variance explanations by brand and country of sale. This application had one consistent, common format to support product data analysis, transfer pricing, and tax decisions and support for legal issues. The work included development and administration of planning and budgeting application using Hyperion Essbase, Financial Data Quality Management, Hyperion Business Rules, Calculation Scripts, and Hyperion Planning. Responsibilities:
• Participated in gathering business and functional Requirement details during business meetings and translated them into program specification documents.
• Designed and developed numerous Essbase applications with excellent balance in dense and sparse dimensions, various OLAP models and meta-outlines across Block/Aggregate storage and Partitioning.
• Involved in production support and maintenance of existing cubes.
• Developed Calc Scripts for calculate values like Hourly Wages, Depreciation, Benefits and Revenue.
• Participated in Optimization of the cube by analyzing and modifying various aspects such as dense/sparse configuration, modifying member storage properties etc.
• Expertise in Developing and Deploying Cubes using various dimension build and data load methods, automation of data loads using MaxL batch scripts
• Provided the user provisioning by configuring user Active Directories to shared services and creating groups, assigning roles and then adding users to the groups.
• Worked on migrating old applications from v.9.1.5 to 220.127.116.11, also optimized existing applications for optimal performance.
• Developed and created Web forms for users to input the data into ESSBASE cube through Hyperion Planning.
• Created applications including Capex and Workforce plan types of Planning.
• Developed Hyperion Business Rules to copy data from one version to another version using Run-time prompts for realizing various business functionalities.
• Created users, groups, filters and assigned different kinds of security access to users in Hyperion Planning applications using Hyperion shared services.
• Involved in the development of various variance reports and regional reports using the Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio and ad-hoc reports using Smart View.
• Created and scheduled batch jobs for complete automation processes for application refresh and backup.
• Developed SQL scripts used for running simple batch process.
• Involved in documentation on all Hyperion Planning processes for all business groups and technical documentation on business rules and calc scripts. Environment: Hyperion Essbase 18.104.22.168, Hyperion Planning, Financial Data Quality Management, Hyperion Financial Reporting, Hyperion Shared Services, Smart View, Hyperion Reports, Workspace, Essbase Administrative Services.
- Hyperion Developer / Admin at General Motors
- Hyperion Developer / Admin at Amkor Technologies
- Hyperion Developer / Admin at Electronic Arts, CA
- Hyperion Planning/ Admin at Eli Lilly Corps
1 year, 3 months at this Job
In 2014, BPU decided to replace their existing Peoplesoft Financial and EPM applications with Oracle Financial Cloud (Fusion Cloud) & Hyperion Public Sector Planning. As part of implementation team, All the existing reports were converted from SQR/Crystal Reports to BIP, OTBI Reports and Dashboards. Responsibilities:
• Part of Fusion Cloud Financials Implementation core team at KCBPU.
• In-depth knowledge of GL, AP, AR, Procurement, FA, Projects functionalities.
• Developed Financial Reports in GL like (Income statement, Dept. Expenses, Balance Sheet, Trial Balance, PO, checks, ACH etc.).
• Help users maintain various account hierarchies (Ex: Departments/Accounts/Class) for reporting.
• Supported month-end closing activities and finance team in completing post month-end tasks including preparation of financial statements.
• Fixed production support issues, helped finance team in accounts reconciliation and guided technical team to deliver quality fixes to avoid re-work.
• Coordinating with business user and guiding technical team on custom or standard development requirements.
• Followed up with Oracle Support team on SR to resolve various issues around Fusion Cloud R12 upgrades.
• Involve in training to end users on various areas where such need required.
• Supporting solving Day-to-Day End-User problems.
• Worked on 3 upgrades with Oracle in Financial Cloud since go live.
• Provide recommendations to Oracle for Future Enhancements
• Design and Develop Fusion cloud outbound interfaces as Scheduled BIP reports. Environments: Fusion Financial Cloud Ver9/10/11/12, FR Studio, Web Studio, SmartView, BIP, OTBI, Reporting Dashboards and rtf templates. Responsibilities:
• Executed yearly interfaces between Hyperion and various other applications within BPU
• Configure Hyperion Planning Application to setup yearly Budgets for Budget preparers.
• Export Hyperion Capital/Non-Capital Budgets to Cloud and Maximo applications.
• Create Ad-hoc reporting in Cloud as well Hyperion as per the User Requests.
• Train end-users on new reporting technologies and BPU reporting standards.
• Created users and user groups in the Planning applications and assigned security to web forms.
• Involved in defining requirements, functional specifications, designing documentations and testing for creating budgeting and forecasting tool.
• Prepared templates for achieving ad-hoc reporting and management reporting by working with the business users.
• Maintained Meta data information in Hyperion from Cloud Systems and Peoplesoft.
• Developed Excel Templates for user interface in Essbase database
• Create new Business rules as per user requirements.
• Prepared templates for achieving quarterly forecasts, annual budget, ad-hoc reporting and management reporting by working with the business managers. Environments: Hyperion system 11.2.4, Hyperion Essbase 11.2.4, Microsoft Excel 2010, Essbase Excel-Add in 22.214.171.124, Smart View 126.96.36.199, FR Studio, Web Studio, Report Books, Report Batch jobs.
- Sr. Fusion/Hyperion Developer at KCBPU
- Sr. Hyperion Developer at Bank of New York Mellon, NY
- Sr. Hyperion Developer at Walgreens
- Hyperion Developer at Kroger
1 year, 11 months at this Job
Capital Asset Planning is an Enterprise Planning and Budgeting application leverages Hyperion Essbase technologies. Thus, all changes made within Capital Asset Planning are automatically reflected in Planning allowing real-time impact analysis of capital investments and expense plans on overall Financials. Capital Asset planning shares common administration, user management, and installation and configuration support with other Oracle Performance Management applications. This common infrastructure provides one point of access for end users to all content while reducing the maintenance required from IT professionals. Responsibilities: * Maintaining and supporting Capital asset planning application in EPBCS. * Importing Entity, Asset detail dimensions. * Import/ loading data using Data management integration (FDMEE) into Capital asset planning application. * Integrating Capital assets investment and expenses data into Financials cube. * Ability to do budgeting and forecasting at the entityand department level with the ability to generate reports at these levels. * Ability for users to easily input budget and forecast information using the planning Web Forms. * Ability to create and manage flexible workflows as it pertains to the budgeting and planning process. * Create and modify ASO cube for Reporting purpose. * Assign security on Artifacts. * Able to do Depreciation and Amortization Assumptions. * Transferring and Retiring Existing Assets. * Develop Reports to enable the users to analyze the data at a level of detail incorporated into the Hyperion planning application using Financial Reports. * Expertise in using Investments, Existing assets, Intangibles and Analysis cards of Capital cluster. * Expertise in Navigating EPBCS. * Created web forms and used Smart push to move data from BSO to ASO reporting cube. * Set up Backups jobs to archive nightly artifact jobs Snapshot from oracle using EPM automate tool. * Down load Data TemplatesfromConfigure card for data upload. * Created Data mapping between BSO and ASO cubes. Environment: EPBCS, Financial Data management, Smartview.
- Senior Hyperion Developer at Capital-One
- Hyperion Developer at CARA Operations Limited
- Hyperion Developer at Strabag
- Hyperion Developer at Saralee
7 months at this Job
- M. Pharma
- B. Pharma
H&R Block, is an American tax preparation company in North America, Australia, and India.
• Created a new Application in HFM development environment then migrated it to it to QA then Production using HFM copy application.
• Managing all Hyperion systems (HFM, FDMEE, Planning, Smart View) during the Month ends.
• Involved in updating mappings and scheduling loads in FDMEE into HFM and Planning.
• Created a new scenario in HFM and loaded data and done reconciliation.
• Created new Rules and modified existing files as per the User requirements.
• Worked extensively on Hyperion shared Services and Created numerous users, groups and provided them different privileges.
• Worked extensively on LCM to migrate Planning Applications from one environment to another or taking the backup of Hyperion Application.
• Responsible for monthly maintenance work, including metadata, mapping changes, opening periods, data loads and consolidation.
• Actively involved in the maintenance and support of multiple planning applications.
• Expertise in developing data rules to load data from source system/file to Hyperion system in FDMEE.
• Supporting end users on Hyperion related issues.
• Maintenance of user security and troubleshooting user access issues as they arise.
• Monitoring the current Production environment servers for performance and stability.
• Monitor application performance; identification and communication of resolution of issues
• Restarting the Hyperion services on weekly backup times.
• Trouble shooting the daily issues, Creating Oracle SR's. Environment: HFM 11.1.2.X, FDMEE, DRM 11.1.2.X, Smart View, DRM, Windows 2008 R2, Sql server
- Hyperion Developer /Admin at H&R Block
- Hyperion Developer /Admin at American Apparel
- Hyperion Developer /Admin at CiscoSystems, Inc
- Sr Hyperion Developer /Admin at Aramark
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Computer Science - M.E.Cs
Project Description: It was an implementation and support project for Swedish airlines SAS. The project involved requirement gathering, designing and development of Hyperion application and reports. Later major upgrade was done from version 188.8.131.52. to 184.108.40.206 Roles and Responsibilities: · Delivered the assigned tasks in time and with high quality. · Spent over 4 months on-site solving real time issues on customer side · Developed Outline and maintained metadata based on the requirements specified. · Excellent working knowledge in writing calculation scripts, designing rules files & MaxL statements commands in Essbase. · Created & provision the users with necessary roles on application using Hyperion shared services. · Worked on the performance tuning (Cube Optimization) of the Applications for the fast data loads, better calculation times of the cubes and fast retrieval of the reports using Dense/Sparse settings, Hybrid Aggregation, Cache settings and Calculation Scripts. · Responsible for preparing Technical specification documents and end user working instruction document. · Played an important role in Support activities -end user training, resolved incidents, maintaining data integrity, handled change requests and bug fixes. · Implemented Hyperion Backup and Recovery Procedures · Trained team members and imparted trainings on Hyperion and Essbase. · Working knowledge of Oracle SQL. Worked as part of Scrum team
Project Description: It was an implementation and support project for Swedish airlines SAS. The project involved requirement gathering, designing and development of Hyperion application and reports. Later major upgrade was done from version 220.127.116.11. to 18.104.22.168
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Delivered the assigned tasks in time and with high quality.
· Spent over 4 months on-site solving real time issues on customer side
· Developed Outline and maintained metadata based on the requirements specified.
· Excellent working knowledge in writing calculation scripts, designing rules files & MaxL statements commands in Essbase.
· Created & provision the users with necessary roles on application using Hyperion shared services.
· Worked on the performance tuning (Cube Optimization) of the Applications for the fast data loads, better calculation times of the cubes and fast retrieval of the reports using Dense/Sparse settings, Hybrid Aggregation, Cache settings and Calculation Scripts.
· Responsible for preparing Technical specification documents and end user working instruction document.
· Played an important role in Support activities -end user training, resolved incidents, maintaining data integrity, handled change requests and bug fixes.
· Implemented Hyperion Backup and Recovery Procedures
· Trained team members and imparted trainings on Hyperion and Essbase.
· Working knowledge of Oracle SQL.
Worked as part of Scrum team
- Hyperion Developer at Tata Consultancy Services
- Informatica Developer at Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- Trainee at Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
4 years, 5 months at this Job
Chrysler is one of the leading manufacturers of automobiles in U.S. The system has several Applications (Around 30 apps) like G&A, S&M Income Statement, CFA, P&S, MPR etc. which are stores data regarding actual and forecasts. Using this existing Applications/Databases, the system should analyze Sales and profit and generates reports for CFA, Inventory, Tax Forecast. Responsibilities
• Setting up Essbase outline as per the business required documents. Involved in designing and building of cubes and assigning member properties
• Played an active role in all phases of the development lifecycle including requirements gathering and analysis, application design and development, implementation, and maintenance.
• Developed stored procedures to simplify the source data before loading into essbase.Involved in writing complex calc scripts as per the business requirements.
• Implementing backup scripts for Essbase Lvl0, All data and Essbase objects by writing ESSCMD's, MAXL and UNIX Shell Scripting.
• Worked extensively in preparation of monthly forecast of revenues.
• Developed ASO cubes to maintain huge set of data to avoid the retrieval /calculation performance issues as these ASO cubes are the master cubes for GL and PCS information.
• Identify the OLTP tables, design the mappings, and finally map them to the OLAP Tables.
• Created presentation layer catalog folders, to show different views of the business model to different users and assigned group permissions to the catalog folders.
• Automating back up scripts and Start/stop Hyperion Services on daily and weekly basis.Involved in optimization of outline and calc scripts
• Involved in designing the load rule files for loading data from Excel sheets and flat files
• Involved in designing security filters and assigning them to end users
• Involved in writing Esscmds, MaxL scripts and UNIX shell scripting for automation of Essbase jobs through Autosys scheduler.
• Created Web Forms/Data Forms in Hyperion Planning for users to input forecast, budget, actual, accounting changes and other data.
• Primary responsibility include installing and configuring the Oracle Data Integrator ODI software tool in a three-tier environment and performing periodic upgrades, performing source-to-target mappings, storage capacity planning, developing ETL
• Used ODI 11g/12c for extraction, loading and transformation ETL of data in the data warehouse
• Worked on Oracle Data Integrator components like Designer, Operator, Topology and Security Components.
• Extensively involved in production issues.Gathering requirements from users/business to develop interfaces, packages, Load plans.
• Used Yellow Interfaces Reusable mappings in ODI 12c for developing most complex interfaces.
• Increased performance of loads by applying proper Hints, Indexes, and Analyzing master tables and explain plans to check cost.
• Experience in configuring ODI Agent on UNIX server and creating new agents and test them in ODI 11G.
• Configured Oracle Data integrator ODI Master Repository Work Repository on Oracle Database.
• Extensive Experience on Topology Navigator with developing Physical and Logical Architecture, Contexts and Configuring Agents.
• Created and Configured ODI Repositories, Interfaces, Packages, Procedures and Scenarios.Extensively used ODI to load data from Oracle, XML files and flat files
• Worked closely with the end users/business and designing the documents to the track changes.Coordinated with the on-site and off-shore team and working on service requests as team.
• Used Oracle Data Integrator ODI to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating, and loading data into data warehouse database and Oracle EBS interface tables.
• Integrated various source system Oracle GL, Oracle HR and capital expenditure sources to Hyperion Planning using ODI Oracle Data Integrator by creating and complex Interfaces.
• Created complex ETL on Oracle Data Integrator ODI to meet the end user data requirements.
• Crated Interfaces to automate the metadata and data updates for Hyperion Essbase and Planning applications.
• Developed complex Hyperion Business Rules with run time Prompts and substitution variables.
• Worked on various simple and composite web forms in Hyperion Planning application.
• Created projects and placed all the required business rules in the projects. Security Provisioning is provided to the business rules.
• Developed the UNIX shell scripts for auto data loading and monthend rollovers.
• Migrated essbase applications from Sun Solaris to AIX servers. Involved to loading general ledger feeds from GSAP for the Essbase actual cubes. Technology/Tools:Hyperion Essbase22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199 ,Hyperion Planning,ODI 11g, OBIEE 188.8.131.52,10.3,DAC 7.9.6,Excel Spreadsheet Add-In, Linux, Shell scripts, Unix Scripting, Autosys, FTP,SFTP, Window Server,PL/SQL, Oracle RDBMS, LDAP/MSAD. Essabase migration project(FCA):
• Involved in designing, modifying and building of cubes and assigning member properties
• Involved in creating, modifying calc scripts as per the business requirements to solve production issues
• Installation, configuration, troubleshooting and application demo presentations of Hyperion 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 and Aix platform.
• Migrated essbase applications from Sun Solaris to AIX servers. Installed and configured Oracle EPMA suite in AIX environment.
• Migrated the all essbase applications and data from 18.104.22.168 version to 22.214.171.124 version.
• Migrated the all security from older version to new version(shared services)
• Developed the Replication and Transparent Partitions for several cubes as per the business requirements.
- Hyperion Developer/Production Support at Fiat Chrysler Automobile(FCA), Michigan
- Lead Hyperion Developer at Dept of Education
- Hyperion Developer at JP Morgan Chase
3 years at this Job
Environment: Hyperion Planning 126.96.36.199, Hyperion Essbase 188.8.131.52, Oracle EPM System
Workspace, Fusion Edition 184.108.40.206.0.79, Smart View Add-in, Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio, Microsoft Excel 2010, Toad for Oracle 10.6, Oracle Analytics Cloud, PBCS
Role: Hyperion Consultant Roles & Responsibilities:
• Worked with business users to analyze and understand the requirements and delivered required FR reports for reporting purposes
• Worked on enhancement and modification of the MaxL and Power shell scripts to automate the daily jobs and Metadata refresh process for the Planning applications. Worked on upgrade testing of the Essbase and Planning applications as a part of the version upgrade from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168.
• Controlled on Shared Services and EPM Architect. Continuous contribution to Windows servers and application services.
• Developed reports based off of the PBCS application using the Reporting Web Studio.
• Worked on migrating the applications and reports from one environment to other using the Life Cycle Management (LCM) Utility.
• Working as Hyperion Developer and involved in working on Public-Sector Planning Application.
• Worked on Hyperion Planning Design Document
• Developed web forms using Hyperion Planning web client for the users to input Forecast Budget Actual Accounting changes.
• Involved in creating and updating Web Forms to provide ability for users to easily input budget information using Planning Web forms.
• Managing Metadata and data load, synchronizing metadata and data between different environments
• Created a shared member hierarchy for Entity Dimension, upon user request.
• Analyzed, designed and optimized the load rules to improve the Dynamic database updates and to optimize the Essbase database cubes performing the calculation scripts to calculate the data
• Worked on implementing Hyperion Forecasting module and also assisting users in UAT.
• Developed load rules files to Build Dimensions and load data into the Essbase cube.
• Worked on Loading Actuals to the Application at the end of each month.
• Maintain hierarchies and Business rules for Planning applications
• Involved in making modifications to Business rules as per requirement.
• Involved in optimizing and updating Data forms, Task lists, Smart list and Menus.
• Worked on building & updating various reports in Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio.
• Developed excel based reports using Smart View function builder.
• Worked on migrating artifacts between different environments.
• Extensively trained business users on Smart View and HFR tools.
• Responsible for migration of various artifacts from one environment to other.
• Worked on System security by provisioning various users and groups and budget group members using shared services.
• Ensured monthly Planning and Forecasting processes run smoothly in Planning and Essbase Applications.
• Setting up user security for the business users as a part of user testing module which includes dimension level security, Object level security and user provisioning.
• Designed scripts to enable disaster recovery and push back up data to DR servers
• Interacted regularly with budget team, Business users and application administrators.
• Loaded data to the PBCS application using the FDMEE utility provided by PBCS
- Hyperion Consultant at Cisco Systems
- Hyperion Consultant at Marsh & McLennan
- Hyperion Consultant at Academy Sports
- HYPERION CONSULTANT at SUN EDISON
2 years, 2 months at this Job
• Designed ASO&BSO applications for the purpose of Analysis and Planning applications for the purpose of Budgeting and Forecasting.
• Building dimensions using various build methods in Essbase applications from various sources.
• Update metadata in planning applications using Outline Load Utility and Oracle Data Integrator.
• Worked on implementing Public Sector Budgeting & Planning to provide the tool capabilities with the integration of different source systems, budget calculation and write back to different source systems using Hyperion Planning.
• Worked on Hyperion workforce planning to ease implementation while reducing maintenance burdens.
• Addressed all planning requirements with customized tools using workforce planning.
• Worked on leverage out-of-the-box functionality.
• Extensively worked on different prebuilt functionalities of Hyperion workforce planning.
• Created test plans, test cases, test scripts and perform functional testing.
• Partnered with other Hyperion team members and Infrastructure team to troubleshoot data integrity issues between applications.
• Designed the overall workflow of the budgeting and forecasting process with kick-off, reviews and approval states.
• Maintained and supported Hyperion Planning applications also implemented application security process, created users/groups, security profiles and application access to different Groups using filters.
• Involved in scripting and automation of Essbase Commands using EssCMD and maxL.
• Created Aggregate Storage (ASO) application from the Block Storage (BSO) applications for executive level reporting. Environment: Hyperion Essbase 22.214.171.124, Hyperion Planning 126.96.36.199, EPMA 188.8.131.52, Hyperion, Shared Services 184.108.40.206, Workspace, Hyperion SmartView, Hyperion Financial Reports 220.127.116.11, MS SQL Server 2005, Windows 7
- Hyperion Planning/Essbase Developer at Cardinal Health
- Hyperion Planning/Essbase Developer at Allegis Group
- Hyperion Developer/Admin at AARP
- Associate Consultant at Hiet Software Solutions
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor's in Computer - Computer science
- Masters in Information Technology - Information Technology
- Hyperion Developer at Hormel Foods
- Information Technology Specialist at Department of Agriculture at State Minnesota
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- MS - Information Technology
- BS - Information Technology
• Worked on building Hyperion Planning applications according to the business requirements.
• Worked on gathering requirements based on the business needs in creating planning application.
• Worked on creating business rules for creating forecast data in planning applications.
• Creating run time prompts for the business rules to be more efficient on running the calculations through data forms.
• Developed data forms in Hyperion planning applications according to the business needs.
• Worked on developing user variables and substitution variables for the Hyperion planning application.
• Developed Smart Lists for the Planning application for drop down options in the data forms.
• Worked on creating Business Rulesets in Calculation Manager for the sequence of the rules to be launched using shell scripts.
• Developed Load rules for loading data into Essbase cubes through ODI.
• Developed Data Rule Mapping and Data Load Rules in FDMEE to load plan data into the Essbase application.
• Created ASO Essbase cube for reporting application. Developed ASO dimension properties file for DRM to create ASO hierarchy.
• Developed shell scripts for integration requirements according to the business needs.
• Worked on provisioning the security groups for the access to the users to the planning and Essbase applications in Test environment.
• Worked on migrating LCM files for the planning application from one environment to another.
• Worked on creating partition between Essbase applications.
• Worked on debugging on errors which ODI generated during the data loads.
• Worked on developing Financial reports in Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio for the users in assessing the variance analysis between legacy and current finance systems.
• Developed Calc Scripts for data export from the Essbase cubes to source other workstreams.
• Developed MDX scripts in ASO Essbase cube for calculating QTD and YTD members for Period dimension members. Environment: Essbase Administration Services (EAS) 18.104.22.168/22.214.171.124, Hyperion Planning 126.96.36.199/188.8.131.52, Hyperion Smart view (184.108.40.206), Hyperion Workspace 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168, Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio, ODI, FDMEE, Oracle Database 11g/10g, Linux, MS Excel 2010.
- Hyperion Planning\ Essbase\ODI Developer at USAA
- Hyperion Essbase\ Planning Developer at Ernst & Young
- Oracle Hyperion Essbase/Planning Consultant at Marsh and McLennan Companies
- Oracle Hyperion Essbase/Planning/ Reporting Consultant at SunTrust Banks Inc
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Commerce - Finance