Environment: HFM, Planning, Essbase, HFR, FDM, Smart View, Hyperion Enterprise, BPC
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Role: Hyperion Developer & admin Roles & Responsibilities:
• Worked on administration of Essbase cubes, Planning and HFM applications.
• Worked on Upgradation and performance tuning and optimization of all Hyperion applications.
• Maintained rules files, calc scripts, MaxL scripts, Windows Batch Scripts and reports for daily jobs and maintained HFM rules.
• Maintained daily data backups and weekly Application backup processes using automated jobs.
• Mapped the Accounts, Modified the financial Controls and wrote business validation rules on Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management.
• Created multiple data forms and Data grids for process management review.
• Maintained Meta Data using EPMA (Data synchronization, ADS files) for HFM, Essbase and Planning applications.
• Converted existing Hyperion Enterprise reports and BPC reports into Hyperion FR, Smart view reports and performed report format and Data Validation.
• Extensively worked on Life Cycle Management and involved in migration reports, applications from one environment to other.
• Worked on security in shared services, built various security filters and granted access to the application and its dimensionality according to the requirements provided for various users/groups.
• Worked on MAXL scripting for automation. Used MAXL scripts in batch files for performing data and metadata loads.
• Worked with End-users during month end close process and worked with ticketing team for Production support.
- Hyperion Developer & admin at Minerals Technologies
- Hyperion Public Sector Planning developer at Pinellas County
- Hyperion Developer & Admin at Charter Communications
- Hyperion Developer & admin at Minerals Technologies
2 years, 3 months at this Job
H&R Block, is an American tax preparation company in North America, Australia, and India.
• Created a new Application in HFM development environment then migrated it to it to QA then Production using HFM copy application.
• Managing all Hyperion systems (HFM, FDMEE, Planning, Smart View) during the Month ends.
• Involved in updating mappings and scheduling loads in FDMEE into HFM and Planning.
• Created a new scenario in HFM and loaded data and done reconciliation.
• Created new Rules and modified existing files as per the User requirements.
• Worked extensively on Hyperion shared Services and Created numerous users, groups and provided them different privileges.
• Worked extensively on LCM to migrate Planning Applications from one environment to another or taking the backup of Hyperion Application.
• Responsible for monthly maintenance work, including metadata, mapping changes, opening periods, data loads and consolidation.
• Actively involved in the maintenance and support of multiple planning applications.
• Expertise in developing data rules to load data from source system/file to Hyperion system in FDMEE.
• Supporting end users on Hyperion related issues.
• Maintenance of user security and troubleshooting user access issues as they arise.
• Monitoring the current Production environment servers for performance and stability.
• Monitor application performance; identification and communication of resolution of issues
• Restarting the Hyperion services on weekly backup times.
• Trouble shooting the daily issues, Creating Oracle SR's. Environment: HFM 11.1.2.X, FDMEE, DRM 11.1.2.X, Smart View, DRM, Windows 2008 R2, Sql server
- Hyperion Developer /Admin at H&R Block
- Hyperion Developer /Admin at American Apparel
- Hyperion Developer /Admin at CiscoSystems, Inc
- Sr Hyperion Developer /Admin at Aramark
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Computer Science - M.E.Cs
General Motors developed a global application that was built to enable managerial reporting of budget, actual, forecast and variance explanations by brand and country of sale. This application had one consistent, common format to support product data analysis, transfer pricing, and tax decisions and support for legal issues. The work included development and administration of planning and budgeting application using Hyperion Essbase, Financial Data Quality Management, Hyperion Business Rules, Calculation Scripts, and Hyperion Planning. Responsibilities:
• Participated in gathering business and functional Requirement details during business meetings and translated them into program specification documents.
• Designed and developed numerous Essbase applications with excellent balance in dense and sparse dimensions, various OLAP models and meta-outlines across Block/Aggregate storage and Partitioning.
• Involved in production support and maintenance of existing cubes.
• Developed Calc Scripts for calculate values like Hourly Wages, Depreciation, Benefits and Revenue.
• Participated in Optimization of the cube by analyzing and modifying various aspects such as dense/sparse configuration, modifying member storage properties etc.
• Expertise in Developing and Deploying Cubes using various dimension build and data load methods, automation of data loads using MaxL batch scripts
• Provided the user provisioning by configuring user Active Directories to shared services and creating groups, assigning roles and then adding users to the groups.
• Worked on migrating old applications from v.9.1.5 to 220.127.116.11, also optimized existing applications for optimal performance.
• Developed and created Web forms for users to input the data into ESSBASE cube through Hyperion Planning.
• Created applications including Capex and Workforce plan types of Planning.
• Developed Hyperion Business Rules to copy data from one version to another version using Run-time prompts for realizing various business functionalities.
• Created users, groups, filters and assigned different kinds of security access to users in Hyperion Planning applications using Hyperion shared services.
• Involved in the development of various variance reports and regional reports using the Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio and ad-hoc reports using Smart View.
• Created and scheduled batch jobs for complete automation processes for application refresh and backup.
• Developed SQL scripts used for running simple batch process.
• Involved in documentation on all Hyperion Planning processes for all business groups and technical documentation on business rules and calc scripts. Environment: Hyperion Essbase 18.104.22.168, Hyperion Planning, Financial Data Quality Management, Hyperion Financial Reporting, Hyperion Shared Services, Smart View, Hyperion Reports, Workspace, Essbase Administrative Services.
- Hyperion Developer / Admin at General Motors
- Hyperion Developer / Admin at Amkor Technologies
- Hyperion Developer / Admin at Electronic Arts, CA
- Hyperion Planning/ Admin at Eli Lilly Corps
1 year, 3 months at this Job
In 2014, BPU decided to replace their existing Peoplesoft Financial and EPM applications with Oracle Financial Cloud (Fusion Cloud) & Hyperion Public Sector Planning. As part of implementation team, All the existing reports were converted from SQR/Crystal Reports to BIP, OTBI Reports and Dashboards. Responsibilities:
• Part of Fusion Cloud Financials Implementation core team at KCBPU.
• In-depth knowledge of GL, AP, AR, Procurement, FA, Projects functionalities.
• Developed Financial Reports in GL like (Income statement, Dept. Expenses, Balance Sheet, Trial Balance, PO, checks, ACH etc.).
• Help users maintain various account hierarchies (Ex: Departments/Accounts/Class) for reporting.
• Supported month-end closing activities and finance team in completing post month-end tasks including preparation of financial statements.
• Fixed production support issues, helped finance team in accounts reconciliation and guided technical team to deliver quality fixes to avoid re-work.
• Coordinating with business user and guiding technical team on custom or standard development requirements.
• Followed up with Oracle Support team on SR to resolve various issues around Fusion Cloud R12 upgrades.
• Involve in training to end users on various areas where such need required.
• Supporting solving Day-to-Day End-User problems.
• Worked on 3 upgrades with Oracle in Financial Cloud since go live.
• Provide recommendations to Oracle for Future Enhancements
• Design and Develop Fusion cloud outbound interfaces as Scheduled BIP reports. Environments: Fusion Financial Cloud Ver9/10/11/12, FR Studio, Web Studio, SmartView, BIP, OTBI, Reporting Dashboards and rtf templates. Responsibilities:
• Executed yearly interfaces between Hyperion and various other applications within BPU
• Configure Hyperion Planning Application to setup yearly Budgets for Budget preparers.
• Export Hyperion Capital/Non-Capital Budgets to Cloud and Maximo applications.
• Create Ad-hoc reporting in Cloud as well Hyperion as per the User Requests.
• Train end-users on new reporting technologies and BPU reporting standards.
• Created users and user groups in the Planning applications and assigned security to web forms.
• Involved in defining requirements, functional specifications, designing documentations and testing for creating budgeting and forecasting tool.
• Prepared templates for achieving ad-hoc reporting and management reporting by working with the business users.
• Maintained Meta data information in Hyperion from Cloud Systems and Peoplesoft.
• Developed Excel Templates for user interface in Essbase database
• Create new Business rules as per user requirements.
• Prepared templates for achieving quarterly forecasts, annual budget, ad-hoc reporting and management reporting by working with the business managers. Environments: Hyperion system 11.2.4, Hyperion Essbase 11.2.4, Microsoft Excel 2010, Essbase Excel-Add in 22.214.171.124, Smart View 126.96.36.199, FR Studio, Web Studio, Report Books, Report Batch jobs.
- Sr. Fusion/Hyperion Developer at KCBPU
- Sr. Hyperion Developer at Bank of New York Mellon, NY
- Sr. Hyperion Developer at Walgreens
- Hyperion Developer at Kroger
2 years, 2 months at this Job
• Ensure monthly close process runs smoothly in Hyperion Planning & FDM, DRM, ODI and Essbase applications.
• Troubleshoot OS level issues on Linux and Windows servers.
• Automate load of metadata from Database after creating customized views and then pushing it to DRM via import and blending versions.
• Create and update planning webforms, tasklists, hierarchy, connection, user security etc.
• Automate metadata and data load in planning and Essbase applications.
• Support corporate, field and remote users with Hyperion applications, Smart View, DTD etc.
• Involved in development of rules files - for performing operations on records, fields, data, dimension building.
• Maintained Essbase databases using Planning application to meet financial requirements.
• Monitoring the current production environment servers for performance and stability.
• Key involvement in editing Calc Scripts, developing MaxL scripts for automation, MDX for advanced queries. Worked extensively on data loads, load rules, Calc scriptsand UDAs.
• Troubleshoot remediate Essbase and planning issue via SQL queries in databases.
• Perform system monitoring, optimization, and tuning of databases and processes as developers request.
• Perform maintenance, security analysis, development, migration and change management based on assessment of risk relative to goals.
• Supporting the Troubleshooting of issues within the overnight load processes and diagnose issues.
• Writing and optimizing calculation scripts, creation of reports, dashboards, and forms to meet planning and reporting needs for internal and external groups, and system documentation.
• Write reports in Smart View and HFR.
• Administer and troubleshoot issues regarding JIRA, tableau, Qlik products, Hyperion suite (Essbase, planning, DRM, HFM, FDMEE etc.)
• Write WLST and Linux/Batch scripts to enable automation in EPM environment.
• Coordinate and assist with Oracle database backups and patching.
- Hyperion Developer/Consultant at Athene USA
- Hyperion Admin/AWS architect & admin at Verizon Inc
- Hyperion Developer/Administrator at Anthem Inc
- Hyperion Administrator/ Consultant at PayPal
2 months at this Job
- M.S - Computer Engineering
- B.E - Electronics and Communication Engineering
Environment: Hyperion Planning 188.8.131.52, Hyperion Essbase 184.108.40.206, Oracle EPM System
Workspace, Fusion Edition 220.127.116.11.0.79, Smart View Add-in, Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio, Microsoft Excel 2010, Toad for Oracle 10.6, Oracle Analytics Cloud, PBCS
Role: Hyperion Consultant Roles & Responsibilities:
• Worked with business users to analyze and understand the requirements and delivered required FR reports for reporting purposes
• Worked on enhancement and modification of the MaxL and Power shell scripts to automate the daily jobs and Metadata refresh process for the Planning applications. Worked on upgrade testing of the Essbase and Planning applications as a part of the version upgrade from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124.
• Controlled on Shared Services and EPM Architect. Continuous contribution to Windows servers and application services.
• Developed reports based off of the PBCS application using the Reporting Web Studio.
• Worked on migrating the applications and reports from one environment to other using the Life Cycle Management (LCM) Utility.
• Working as Hyperion Developer and involved in working on Public-Sector Planning Application.
• Worked on Hyperion Planning Design Document
• Developed web forms using Hyperion Planning web client for the users to input Forecast Budget Actual Accounting changes.
• Involved in creating and updating Web Forms to provide ability for users to easily input budget information using Planning Web forms.
• Managing Metadata and data load, synchronizing metadata and data between different environments
• Created a shared member hierarchy for Entity Dimension, upon user request.
• Analyzed, designed and optimized the load rules to improve the Dynamic database updates and to optimize the Essbase database cubes performing the calculation scripts to calculate the data
• Worked on implementing Hyperion Forecasting module and also assisting users in UAT.
• Developed load rules files to Build Dimensions and load data into the Essbase cube.
• Worked on Loading Actuals to the Application at the end of each month.
• Maintain hierarchies and Business rules for Planning applications
• Involved in making modifications to Business rules as per requirement.
• Involved in optimizing and updating Data forms, Task lists, Smart list and Menus.
• Worked on building & updating various reports in Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio.
• Developed excel based reports using Smart View function builder.
• Worked on migrating artifacts between different environments.
• Extensively trained business users on Smart View and HFR tools.
• Responsible for migration of various artifacts from one environment to other.
• Worked on System security by provisioning various users and groups and budget group members using shared services.
• Ensured monthly Planning and Forecasting processes run smoothly in Planning and Essbase Applications.
• Setting up user security for the business users as a part of user testing module which includes dimension level security, Object level security and user provisioning.
• Designed scripts to enable disaster recovery and push back up data to DR servers
• Interacted regularly with budget team, Business users and application administrators.
• Loaded data to the PBCS application using the FDMEE utility provided by PBCS
- Hyperion Consultant at Cisco Systems
- Hyperion Consultant at Marsh & McLennan
- Hyperion Consultant at Academy Sports
- HYPERION CONSULTANT at SUN EDISON
2 years, 5 months at this Job
• Designed ASO&BSO applications for the purpose of Analysis and Planning applications for the purpose of Budgeting and Forecasting.
• Building dimensions using various build methods in Essbase applications from various sources.
• Update metadata in planning applications using Outline Load Utility and Oracle Data Integrator.
• Worked on implementing Public Sector Budgeting & Planning to provide the tool capabilities with the integration of different source systems, budget calculation and write back to different source systems using Hyperion Planning.
• Worked on Hyperion workforce planning to ease implementation while reducing maintenance burdens.
• Addressed all planning requirements with customized tools using workforce planning.
• Worked on leverage out-of-the-box functionality.
• Extensively worked on different prebuilt functionalities of Hyperion workforce planning.
• Created test plans, test cases, test scripts and perform functional testing.
• Partnered with other Hyperion team members and Infrastructure team to troubleshoot data integrity issues between applications.
• Designed the overall workflow of the budgeting and forecasting process with kick-off, reviews and approval states.
• Maintained and supported Hyperion Planning applications also implemented application security process, created users/groups, security profiles and application access to different Groups using filters.
• Involved in scripting and automation of Essbase Commands using EssCMD and maxL.
• Created Aggregate Storage (ASO) application from the Block Storage (BSO) applications for executive level reporting. Environment: Hyperion Essbase 126.96.36.199, Hyperion Planning 188.8.131.52, EPMA 184.108.40.206, Hyperion, Shared Services 220.127.116.11, Workspace, Hyperion SmartView, Hyperion Financial Reports 18.104.22.168, MS SQL Server 2005, Windows 7
- Hyperion Planning/Essbase Developer at Cardinal Health
- Hyperion Planning/Essbase Developer at Allegis Group
- Hyperion Developer/Admin at AARP
- Associate Consultant at Hiet Software Solutions
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's in Computer - Computer science
- Masters in Information Technology - Information Technology
Celgene Corporation is an American biotechnology company that discovers, develops and commercializes medicines for cancer and inflammatory disorders. It is incorporated in Delaware and headquartered in Summit, New Jersey. Role & Responsibilities:
Oracle Essbase/Planning/Reporting Developer
• Actively participated in (SDLC) of the Hyperion implementation project, was involved in requirement gathering, functional decision, designing application, UAT, create designing documents and providing ongoing-support to the end user.
• Developed Essbase cubes for Sales, Production, Planning and Budgeting.
• Developed outlines, Calc Scripts, Load Rules for loading dimensions and data into Essbase cube.
• Developed Essbase outline formulas and Calc Scripts using advanced Calc Scripts functions.
• Developed detailed Reports for every functional Unit, stocking, Price, Volume Trends and calculating Expense Variances over prior periods.
• Retrieving data using Excel Add-In utility to analyze cube outline for data integrity using MaxL Scripting and ESSCMD to create batch files for optimization.
• Developed batch scripts using MaxL for the automation of various processes.
• Optimized outlines to have faster data loads, calculation and retrievals
• Administration and support of Hyperion Planning, Managing and setting up Hyperion Planning dimensions using EPMA.
• Create ASO cubes for reporting, load dimensions and create MDX member formulas.
• Created data entry forms to enter forms, update, analyze, print, and report on data.
• Worked on reports rationalization and functional and technical documentation, unit testing and integration testing of reports.
• Performed monthly backups of Hyperion data. Helped facilitate creation and loading of quarterly budget data.
• Worked extensively on security and access settings for the reports and cubes in Workspace and Shared Services.
• Migrated application from test to pre-prod and production.
• Managed access to Data Forms and Folders including assigning access and changing access using Hyperion Planning.
• Extensively involved in importing and exporting Access Permissions.
• Managed Security Filters using Planning Administration.
• Created and provision users with necessary roles on applications using Hyperion Shared Services.
• Was solely responsible for developing all the FR reports from scratch in Finance reporting team.
• Designed many extremely complex reports using Hyperion Financial Reporting using multiple grids and multiple data sources.
• Built various reports like Income statement, Balance Sheet, PPE and Analysis reports for the Minority Corps and Partnerships.
• Designed reports to display YTD and YTD prior year for any input month/quarter chosen even though there is no YTD substitution variable member in the cube.
• Used multiple grids, subsets, freeform grids in Web Analysis Reports to enable inter grid calculations.
• Identified FR bugs and worked with Oracle to fix the issues. Oracle Essbase/Planning/HFM Admin
• Building new Infrastructure setup of Oracle Hyperion EPM 22.214.171.124 on distributed environment for PROD, UAT, TEST, and DEV environments.
• Installing of Oracle Hyperion EPM System 126.96.36.199 products (HFM, FDMEE, Essbase, and Planning) on Windows 2012 R2 servers and configuring with Oracle WebLogic 11g application server.
• Installation and Configuration of the ODI 188.8.131.52 on the Windows 2012 R2
• Migrating multiple planning applications, Essbase applications, FDMEE, and security from one environment to another using the LCM Utility.
• Migrating the HFM application from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 using the Copy app utility.
• Migrating the Business Rules in 18.104.22.168 to the Calculation Manager in 22.214.171.124
• Converting the FDM applications in 126.96.36.199 to the FDMEE in 188.8.131.52.
• Automated the data load process in the FDMEE
• Performed the analysis of the issues in the Oracle Hyperion 184.108.40.206 and applied the needed PSUs
• Developed the scripts to automate the start/stop of the Hyperion services as part of the weekly and monthly maintenance.
• Infrastructure Support - EPM infrastructure performance tuning (tuning Oracle WebLogic server parameters, HTTP server parameters, Hyperion planning, HFM, and FDMEE).
• Performance tuning and Optimization of the Applications for the fast data loads, better calculation times of the cubes and fast retrieval of the reports using the Dense/Sparse settings, Cache settings, Outline formulas.
• Conducted the user training sessions on Smart View for the users, who intend to move from Essbase add-in to Smart view.
• Provided the Post-Production go live support for the users.
- Sr. Hyperion Consultant at Celgene
- Sr. Hyperion Developer / Admin at AIG
- Sr. Hyperion Essbase/Planning/Report Consultant at Williams Company
- Sr. Hyperion Essbase/Planning Consultant at Capital One
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Masters of Computer Application - Computer Application
- Bachelor of Science
The Project is aimed at enhancing business through implementing new process for efficient reporting purposes. Design and implementation of all data load processes, building reports which can provide access to Actual, Budget, Project Forecast, Revised Budget and Forecast data values in order to increase the usability and popularity amongst all business units. Role & Responsibilities:
• Was responsible for design and development of Project Forecast and Revised Budget processes for the business.
• Was responsible for creating and testing new business rules and calculation scripts as per the needs of the users using Hyperion Planning 11.1.2.
• Was responsible for building financial reports for management using Hyperion Financial Reporting 11.1.2 and Smart view.
• Developed BI Reporting dashboard, queries, reports using Hyperion Interactive reporting (IR)
• Enhanced and developed budgeting, reporting templates and ad-hoc reporting using the smart view for office using OBIEE.
• Was responsible for Support for Month end close and resolving on-call issue for users.
• Was responsible for Optimization of Business Rules.
• Was responsible for designing and developing of the workflow process using planning unit in Hyperion Planning11.1.2 Was responsible for requirements gathering for cube building in Planning.
• Customization of applications, smart lists, Data forms, menus and dimensions where done through Hyperion Planning11.1.2.
• Target Designer - The Targets menu of Warehouse Designer (in Data Integration Management) includes the Import from Hyperion Planning command for use with the DIM Adapter for Planning
• Was responsible for handling the administration of BSO/ASO cubes and creating Batch files, rule files using Maxl for data loading.
• Was responsible for creating, maintaining and loading data through extract scripts and rules as a backup process for recovery of data.
• Responsible for Data Optimization and performance tuning of the application.
• Was responsible for resolving functional and technical issues in Production support.
• Created exiting budget book report by using Financial Reporting Studio and Web analysis.
• By using Interactive Reporting (BRIO) 11.1.2 created various weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to provide executives, business users.
• Was responsible for system maintenance and applying patches if necessary.
• Was involved in Installing, Configuration, Upgrading and Migration from Hyperion 11.1.0 suite to Hyperion 11.1.2(Oracle EPM).
• Was responsible for maintaining and administering security permissions for users and groups.
• Was responsible for loading data through ODI and resolve issue if any in the process. Created ODI packages to load actuals data into planning cubes and automated those using ODI Scenarios.
• Was responsible for providing data to PDD for reporting purpose.
• Created Hyperion dashboards pivots, charts, reports using Interactive Reporting Studio11.1.2
• Was responsible for providing Functional and technical support for problem identification and solving for issues occurring from development to production environment.
• Provided documentation of all the technical and functional issues which would be helpful to users for future reference.
• Used Essbase Studio to create drill through reports and automated EIS using olapi and cbs scripts. Created cube schema in Studio. Environment: Hyperion Essbase 11.1.2,ODI 11.x,DRM,Hyperion Planning11.x, PDD, MFGPRO, Hyperion Financial Reports Studio ,ODI, Hyperion Analyzer, Hyperion Integration Services, SQL, Microsoft Access, Windows Scheduled tasks, MAXL, ESSCMD, Excel Add-In, Essbase Utilities, Windows NT/2003, SharePoint.
- Hyperion Analyst / Hyperion Administrator at BCBS
- Hyperion Consultant at Accenture
- Hyperion Consultant at J Walter
- Hyperion Developer at Ford Motor
11 months at this Job
Project involved development of Essbase/Planning applications to be used for State budgeting and reports in HFR. Responsibilities:
• Using v220.127.116.11 to create Essbase/Planning applications
• Involve in designing, modifying and building of outline and creating member formulas and MDX.
• Perform data load/exports into/from Essbase applications.
• Involve in creation of calculation scripts for performing various computations
• Setup and maintain automated scripts for data/metadata load to Hyperion Planning and Essbase applications.
• Build, maintain and run complex reports using Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio (HFR) and Hyperion Smart View for the finance teams
• Administer the Hyperion Data Relationship Management (DRM) environment.Improve the business team's experience: Maintain & Automate DRM Versions, Hierarchies, Nodes, properties, and formulae.
• Integrate and Streamline: Support and Optimize DRM metadata integrations with target systems
• Research and resolve metadata integration and update issues using SQL.
- Hyperion Consultant at State of California
- Hyperion Consultant at Accenture
- Hyperion Consultant at J Walter
- Hyperion Developer at Ford Motor
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology - Information Technology
- Master of Science in Computer Science - Computer Science