Hospital Settings (CICU/Heart and Vascular Procedural Care unit/General wards) - Clinical Instructor -Ambulance Nurse – Outpatient- Medical equipment officer
Dedicated, skilled RN with a broad range of healthcare experience from handling of Medical Equipment, Pre-hospital Emergency setting, Hospital setting which includes Emergency Nursing, Intensive Care Nursing and General Nursing such as Medical-Surgical Nursing, Pediatric, Geriatric and Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing. CLINICAL/HOSPITAL EXPERIENCE and PRE-HOSPITAL
RN/Clinical Nurse/Bedside Nurse/Charge Nurse -
August 2017 – present - Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare (Cardiac Intensive Care Unit)
The Cardiac Intensive Care Unit is a 10-bed unit, the types of patients included in this population consist of unstable, critical cardiac patients (acute congestive heart failure, potentially lethal arrhythmias, acute myocardial infarction, and complex unstable post-percutaneous intervention) as well as the critically ill medical-surgical patient. All patients admitted for induced hypothermia therapy for cerebral resuscitation following cardiac arrest are treated in this unit.
August 2016 – July 2017 – Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare (Heart and Vascular Outpatient /Procedural Care Unit)
Consisting of 27-beds, we accommodate both outpatient and inpatient heart and vascular cases (LHC PCI/RHC/EPS/Ablation/Implantation of Pacemaker/AICD/AFRO/LAA closure or Watchman procedures/Mitral clips/TAVR/ TEE with cardio versions and noninvasive device stimulation/Implantation of Loop recorder/Implantation of Infusaport/ Fistulogram with intervention/ permcath placement/diagnostic cerebral angiogram). Nurse I/Staff Nurse/Ambulance Nurse
June 2010 – July 11, 2016 Emergency Medical Services, Ministry of Health, Kuwait
• Assess patients and give the necessary treatment required
• Applies Nursing process to all Emergency and Casualty patients.
• Provide Basic Life Support during resuscitation
• Checks and replenished the supplies of the Emergency bag and ambulance
• Asset tracking of medical equipment
• Provide travelling physicians, nurses and other health care providers with medical equipment (ventilator, monitors, vital signs, defibrillator)
• Maintain all medical equipment in good working conditions
• Assures that medical equipment are ready to use in case of emergency or disaster ICU/ER General wards Nurse August 1, 2008 – May 15, 2010 Charge Nurse September 1, 2006 – July 31, 2008 Staff Nurse July 2006 – August 30, 2006 Trainee Angeles University Foundation Medical Center Mc Arthur hi-way, Angeles City Philippines Angeles University Foundation Medical Center is located in Angeles City as a tertiary hospital with 200 bed capacity which provides all areas of health care. It is one of the leading hospitals in the region. Job Description Applying the nursing process in any assigned field of the clinical setting: Assessment of the patient such as:
• Assumes responsibility for direct patient care and function as team leader.
• Makes frequent checks on all patients and review charts periodically for new orders
• Assess the progress of team members in relation to the patient care assignment. Creating a nursing diagnosis accordingly. Planning a nursing care based from the patient’s needs.
• Aware of the medical plan of care.
• Supervise & assists team members in setting/formulating the day’s objectives for individual patient care utilizing the daily worksheet Implementation of the nursing care plan. Administers medications to patients Provide direct patient care to patients as: Airway management such as intubation and suctioning, Blood transfusion, give NGT Feedings, changing of TPN / IVF, perform and/or assists with specific treatments such as catheterization, peripheral IV Insertion, RBS testing, oxygen therapy, suctioning, intubation, etc. Evaluation of the outcome of the patient. Monitor patients for any adverse reactions to medications given, and report findings as necessary. Make rounds with physician and assists as necessary. TYPES OF PATIENTS:
• Patients requiring Intensive, Emergency, Pre and post-surgical, Medical, Pediatric and Maternal care. TYPES OF EQUIPMENT HANDLED:
• Ventilator, Defibrillator, Cardiac Monitor, Infusion Pump, Suction Apparatus, ECG Machine, Nebulizer and E-Cart Nurse Instructor (ER / ICU/ General Ward) June 2005 – June 2006 Jose C. Feliciano College Dau, Mabalacat City, Philippines Nurse Instructor (ER / ICU/ General Ward) January 2005 – April 10, 2005 St. Peter’s College Sto Rosario St., Angeles City, Philippines Nurse Instructor (ER / ICU/ General Ward) June 2004 – May 30, 2005 Mother of Perpetual Help Institute / St. Peter’s College Sto Rosario St., Angeles City, Philippines Duties and Responsibilities
• Instruction & Supervision of training for related learning experiences (RLE) - Fundamental nursing procedure subject of BSN Level II Nursing Students
• Instruction & Supervision of Training for Nursing Students in Related Learning Experiences (RLE) Subjects for the following hospitals/settings (ICU, ER, M/S, Pediatric, OB-Gyne, & Private Ward): o BSN Level III - Jose B. Lingad Memorial Hospital - Region III Provincial Hospital San Fernando, Pampanga, Philippines o Practical Nursing, Nursing Aide Ospital Ning Angeles (ONA) – Secondary Hospital Angeles City, Philippines
• Assessment, examination and validation of knowledge, aptitude and skills of nursing students to establish qualification for subsequent level of nursing education.
• Preparation, summarization and compilation of modules for nursing lectures and nursing procedures.
• Compilation and computation of students’ academic performances for the purpose of evaluation.
• Preparation, formulation and compilation of course syllabus of respective teaching and training workloads. SEMINARS and TRAININGS Florida RN education renewal requirements - 03/2018 IDENTIFYING and TREATING MALIGNANT HYPERTHERMIA - 02/24/2018 NIH STROKE SCALE and INTERPRETATION - 10/02/2017 Power Chart Tips and Tricks - 10/02/2017 OVERVIEW of MULTISYSTEM TRAUMA - 09/29/2017 Arctic Sun 5000 Therapeutic Hypothermia - 08/22/2017 Electrocardiogram Assessment - 08/18/2017 Chest Pain: from low risk to Cardiac Arrest - 10/14/2016 Drug treatment of Angina, Cardiac Arrhythmias, blood coagulation, and hyperlipidemia - 09/27/2016 Overview and competencies of Neurological emergencies - 08/31/2016 Intra-Arterial Hemodynamic monitoring - 08/31/2016 Reference per request.
- ICU Registered Nurse/Charge/Bedside at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital
- Staff RN at Ministry of Health
- Charge Nurse at Angeles University Foundation Medical Center
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Nursing
Registered Nurse for an Intensive Care Unit that provided care for patients that are critically ill with trauma, organ failure, an accident, acute illnesses, and invasive surgery. Provide emotional support to gravely ill patients and their families. Preceptor to new nurses.
- ICU REGISTERED NURSE at TRINITY HEALTH CORPORATION
- TELEMETRY/MED SURG REGISTERED NURSE at TRINITY HEALTH CORPORATION
- INTERIOR DESIGNER at STICKLEY AUDI & COMPANY
- INTERIOR DESIGNER at EVERFAST INCORPORATED
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- BACHELORS - NURSING
- ASSOC - Science in Nursing
I am a Resourse Nurse, a charge nurse, and a bedside nurse in the Cardiac ICU. I am also a Daisy winner and have a personality that can get along with anyone. My current role jumps between the 3 positions and I am a huge asset to the unit to help complete all tasks, answer questions of other nurses, and educate on equipment, policies, anatomy, and all other issues. When I am charge or Resourse my nursing care is designed to focus on the needs of the unit and help with receiving patients from the operating room, transfers from other hospitals, RRTs from the CPCU, newborn infants from MFM, and helping with procedures occurring in the CICU. I act as a second charge nurse and am used heavily by the bedside nurses to be an expert in EPIC carting as well as a resource to all other questions and problems in the CICU. I plan and assign the oncoming nurses assignments and communicate with the house supervisor to adequately staff the unit. When I am a bedside nurse in the unit my nursing care is focused on the assessment, planning, treatment and evaluation of preoperative and postoperative congenital heart defect population with emphasis on Cardiovascular Surgery and Cardiac ICU care including rhythm interpretation, hemodynamic stability, ABG interpretation and management, airway management, pain management, vasoactive drip titration and patient/family education and support.
- Cardiac ICU-Registered Nurse at Childens Hospital Colorado
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Nursing
Provide safe and quality care to patients through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation Provide 1:1 care for open heart surgery patients, Intra-aortic balloon pump patients, CRRT and induced hypothermia Perform physical assessments and provide care with evidence based practice Assist MD with intubation and central line insertions and other bedside procedures such as ventriculostomies, chest tube insertion, bronchoscopies Responsible for responding to RRT's Role of Charge Nurse up to 3 shifts/wk with responsibilities such as daily operations of the unit including: staffing, ER through-put, budgets and direct leadership to ICU staff Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills Establish and maintain relationship with physicians, Social Workers, pharmacists, Case Managers and fellow nurses
- ICU Registered Nurse at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- ICU Registered Nurse at Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- MSN - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
• Provide outstanding customer service, ensuring repeat business
• Work in a high-volume ICU and CVICU
• Coordinate with manager to solve any customer issues in a prompt manner
• Work efficiently during times of emergency
• Take care of multifactor sick patients
• Manage ventilators as well as hemodynamic equipment such as EV1000
- ICU Registered Nurse at Medical Center of Trinity
- Registered Nurse at Oak Hill Hospital
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Masters in Adult Primary Care Nurse Practitioner - AGPCNP
- Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Associate of Science - Professional Nursing
I am a staff nurse in the intensive care unit where I provide bedside care for critically ill patients. I am also a charge nurse, where I make assignments and triage the unit as well as be a resource for the rest of the staff. I am also trained to place PICC lines and other lines using ultrasound technology. I am a preceptor for BSN students and I also orient new employees when they get hired.
- ICU Registered Nurse at MUSC Health
- ICU RN at
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master's - FNP
• Perform care for patients who are intubated, sedated and vented
• Work and gain rapport with family and patients to ensure quality care and support
• Monitor and perform assessments for patients
• Administer and monitor medication through various routes to ensure proper care
• Assist as a first responder to code blue
• Work as a floating nurse to step down units and other critical care settings
- Surgical ICU Registered Nurse at Nassau University Medical Center
- Student Mentor at Nassau Community College
- Police Officer at NYPD
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Associates of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- - Nursing
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice - Licensure and Certification
Cardiac Care Unit nurse. Responsible for vasoactive drips. Targeted temperature management. Ventricular assist device care. Multiple drips and drugs. Use of Cerner computer charting system. CRRT with NxStage.
- Cardiac ICU Registered Nurse at AdventHealth
- Intensive Care Registered Nurse at Brandon Regional Hospital
- Executive Director, Georgia Vahue at Firehouse Cultural Center
- Respiratory Therapist at St. Joseph's Hospital
6 months at this Job
- Master's - Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practioner
- Bachelor's - Nursing
- Associate - Nursing
- Certificate - Respiratory Therapy
• Provide exceptional care to critically ill patients in ICU
• Monitor telemetry and respond to calls and emergent, life-saving situations
• Administer medications and intravenous fluids
• Follow physician order and report changes in condition
• Respond to rapid response codes on the floor
- ICU Registered Nurse at West Suburban Medical Center
- Registered Nurse at Entera Health Care
- Registered Nurse at Access Care, LLC
- Student Nurse at Children's Memorial Hospital
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- BSN - Nursing
- - Liberal Sciences and Arts
1. I familiar with the ICU routine. For example, postoperative wound care & assessment, patient clean, changing position, giving medication, foley care, and holistic care assessment(eg, vital sign, GCS, pressure ulcer). 2. I could suction, change endotracheal tube, IV set insertion, blood transfusion, monitor operation and test(eg, Edwards Lifesciences/CVP/ ABG / blood sugar), Tube feeding (eg, NG, PEG). 3. I have passed CPR and ACLS in Taiwan.
- ICU Registered Nurse at Taipei Medical University Hospital
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Nursing