→ Immigration Attorney focused on a wide range of immigration matters including family based-petitions, application for permanent residence, Asylum, consular processing, naturalization, as well as representation before USCIS Adjudicating Officers and in Immigration Court. → Conduct legal research, document review and draft briefs, motions, and appeals.
- Immigration Attorney at Manuel Solis Law Firm
- Attorney & Counselor at Law at Nido Nylund Attorneys & Counselors at Law
- Legislative Advisor at Nido Nylund Attorneys & Counselors at Law
- College Professor in Business Administration at Nido Nylund Attorneys & Counselors at Law
7 months at this Job
- LL.M. - International Law, Investments, Trade, and Arbitration
- Juris Doctor
- B.S. - General Science
Lead attorney in charge of all administrative immigration cases. Duties include preparing and reviewing applications for various immigration benefits, representing clients at interviews before the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of State in various locations, completing motions submitted to immigration and criminal courts, providing advice on immigration consequences of criminal convictions to clients and attorneys, overseeing intake procedures for screening potential clients, and managing junior attorneys and paralegals. Accomplishments: Represented over one thousand clients in successful outcomes on various immigration matters. Wrote an appeal that was sustained by the Board of Immigration Appeals, reversing an Immigration Judge's decision and granting a client's Cancellation of Removal (permanent residency).
- Immigration Attorney at Alcock & Associates, P.C
- Law Clerk at Alcock & Associates, P.C
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - public administration
Managing attorney of 1,000+ file case-load; Represented clients before Los Angeles, San Diego, Adelanto, and Santa Ana EOIR, Asylum, and USCIS Offices; Represented detained clients; Represented clients at bond hearings; Drafted and reviewed Requests to Join in Motions to Reopen and Terminate/Calendar/Administratively Close Proceedings, Motions to Reopen and Terminate, Motions to Reopen/Terminate/Re-Calendar/Administratively Close, Motions to Reconsider, Appeal Briefs, Requests to Stay Removal, U-Status/U-Visa cover letters, RFE cover letter responses, 601 & 601-A cover letters; Reviewed and drafted I-485 Applications, I-130 Petitions, I-918 Petitions and Supplement Form, I-589 Applications, I-765 Applications, I-131 Applications, I-821D Applications, N-400 Applications, I-360 Petitions, and I-751 Applications, I-864 Applications, NVC filings, PSG Statements, CAT Statements, One Year Briefs; Filed documents with EOIR, DHS, and probate court for SIJS applicants; Developed skills for obtaining prosecutorial discretion; Gained additional understanding of inadmissibility and removability/deportability; Developed an understanding of removal defenses (including Asylum, Cancellation of Removal, Withholding of Removal, Protection under CAT and Prosecutorial Discretion); Developed an understanding of relief for children (including TVPRA, SIJS and DACA); Developed an understanding of NACARA, U-Status, and 601 & 601-A Waivers. Further refined skills for managing deadlines for a large caseload and developing strong working relationships with senior attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants, and other office staff. Prepare responses to requests for evidence and notices of intent to deny. Create evidentiary documents including affidavits and memoranda of legal analysis. Accompany clients to permanent resident and naturalization interviews. Conducted legal research, document review and drafted pleadings, briefs, motions, and appeals for deportation and asylum cases for Immigration Court and Board of Immigration Appeals. Represented clients before the Immigration Courts for Master Calendar Hearings, as well as for Individual Hearings. Focused also on family based-petitions - including consular processing, naturalization, and representation before USCIS Adjudicating Officers, with a high level of success. Managed heavy case load and maintain close client contact. Coordinated with paralegals and other agencies involved in processing each case from inception to final disposition. Maintained communication with clients throughout the process to provide advice and address questions and concerns.
- Immigration Attorney at Telleria, Telleria, & Levy, LLP
- Immigration Attorney at Southern California Law Group
- Assistant Immigration Attorney at Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner
- Assistant Immigration Attorney at HIV & AIDS Legal Services Alliance
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Environmental Law Society
- Juris Doctor
Represent corporations and individuals in their U.S. Immigration legal cases. Preparing immigrant and non-immigration visas and zealously advocating on behalf of client through expertly drafted petitions, motions, and supporting affidavits.
• Focus was in a variety of U.S. immigration areas to include naturalization, unlawful presence, I-212, GMC, 204(c), and prepared waivers, Interim U-visas Relief, I-129 and I-539 filings
• Conducted legal research, document review and drafted briefs, motions to reopen, motions to terminate, legal correspondence, affidavits and reviewed FOIA requests to establish legal strategies
• Maintained positive attorney-client relations with clients assigned, handling 45 cases at any given time throughout the pendency of the legal matter, while addressing legal questions, concerns and allocating resources or drafting supporting documents
- Immigration Attorney at The Devore Law Group
- International U.S. Business Tax Advisor, Attorney at Ernst & Young
- Immigration Legal Intern at The Law Office of Val. C. Ribiero
- Army Engineer Officer at U.S. Army
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- J.D. - Law
- B.A. - Political Science
Responsible of immigration cases: Labor Visas, Family Petition, Residence Petition, Student Visa, Fiance Visa, Affirmative Asylum, Humanitarian Parole, Citizenship Application, Laboral Certification, Employment Authorization, Calendar Hearing.
- Immigration Attorney at Espada Immigration Law Firm
1 year, 2 months at this Job
37 Jerome Avenue, Bloomfield, CT Full Service Law Firm One Columbus Center, Suite 600, Virginia Beach, VA Immigration Law: assist clients in most U.S immigrant and non-immigrant visa categories; family and employment petitions; green cards, citizenship, assist in interviews at USCIS and court hearings. Business, Commercial, Contracts Law: business consultation, company formation and promoter; negotiate, draft, review, modify contracts; collections and debt recovery; organize business exchange missions among business persons in different countries, then negotiate agreements and draft, review, legal business agreements and transactions. Real Estate: represent individuals or businesses in real estate transactions in sales, purchases and refinances; for government or conventional programs. Draft and review purchase agreements; represent lending institutions; review loan documents; clear title; prepare settlement statement; receive and disburse closing funds; resolve post-closing issues. Buy, fix, sell houses. Other areas of practice: Wills, Estate Planning; Collections; Powers of Attorney; Pre-Nuptial Agreements; Juvenile Representation Document Review: Review documents and classify according to directives of the client; in preparation for legal proceedings. OTHER EXPERIENCE Supervision and Human Resources skills Experience in management, human resources and administrative duties.. Ensure smooth running of the office; recruit, train and supervise employees;; acquisition and procurement of supplies. Receptionist duties; such as filing, client intake, excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated capacity to function with minimal guidance, and to carry out multiple tasks simultaneously. Election Observer and Monitoring: Served on US Election Observation mission to 1993 Parliamentary Elections in Pakistan, with National Democratic Institute for International Affairs, NDI; interviewed voters and public officials and party leaders like Benazir Bhutto; and then draft final report of finding, and made recommendations. Canvass door-to-door in Maine for 2008 Presidential Elections. Served as Inside Poll Observer for the 2018 Parliamentary Election in Virginia Beach. Monitor for any irregularities; any possibly fraud, and how any issues were resolved. Prepare and relay feedback to Boiler Room. Community Organizer: and Human Rights: Worked with community groups, parliamentarians and non-governmental agencies; on Democracy Enhancement and Human Rights Issues - Provide general information on democratic tools and avenues available for filing complaints and seeking redress; assist and encourage citizen participation in national matters, with objective to educate, empower and create awareness. Provide civic and legal education to grassroots organizations and political parties, on techniques on utilizing democratic tools available, so as to ensure participation and representation in the development of their communities. OTHER EXPERIENCE ~~~~~~~~~ Project Evaluation: Consultant; analyze, evaluate projects for businesses; assess progress and feedback.
- Immigration Attorney at Kima & Associates
- VOLUNTEER SERVICES at CONFERENCES AND SEMINARS
- Seminar - Representation of Minors as Guardian Ad Litem at Supreme Court of Virginia, Virginia MCLE Board
- Seminar Presenter - Revival at Keeping Your House In Order
32 years at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- BA - Social Work
Asylum Family immigration Citizenship & Naturalization Removal & Deportation Waiver
- Immigration Attorney at Elsaban Law Frim PLLC
- Immigration Attorney at Joaquin & Duncan, LLC
- Document Reviewer at Thomson Reuters
- Assisting clients to file their claim pro se at Pro Bono
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor - Law
• Prepare and file immigration waivers and naturalization applications.
• Research and analyze immigration law issues and advise on the immigration consequences of criminal convictions.
- Independent Immigration Attorney at
- Law Clerk, Medical Malpractice at Cochran Firm
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Intern, Private Sector Mediation at U. S. Department of Homeland Security
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Intern, Private Sector Mediation at U. S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Juris Doctor - International Law
- None - Comparative Law
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
• Accompany immigration attorney and his Spanish-speaking clients to asylum interviews at the USCIS office as official interpreter
• Complete U-Visa Packets and Asylum Packets from beginning to end
• Manage and prepare H-1B petitions: Draft H-1B letters of support and Labor Certification Applications (LCAs) as well as assemble forms and manage timely filings.
• Reviewed, analyzed, and resolved complex issues which arose out of the processing of alien certification applications in H-1B (specialty occupations). Evaluated skills of foreign workers in comparison with stated job requirements in situations where qualifications were difficult to establish.
• Experience in assisting employers with recruitment efforts and prevailing wages.
- Law Clerk and Spanish Interpreter for Immigration Attorney at Justice Entrepreneurs Project, Christopher Elmore Attorney at Law
- Criminal Defense Law Clerk at Law Office of Nicholas C. Giordano
- Intellectual Property Law-Legal Assistant at Lempia Summerfield Katz, LLC
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Law
Manage and generate clients in a family immigration department, managing 1 other employee, perform client intake by telephone, schedule client meetings, enter into client relationships, draft fee agreements, draft and research all client cases, draft correspondence and communicate with clients and governments as needed to complete cases, complete client cases with all work required, collect fees as needed from clients and send invoices as needed to clients.
- Immigration Attorney at Tour-Sarkissian Law Offices, LLP
- Sole Practitioner at Law Office of Jesse Jong
- Associate Attorney at Tour-Sarkissian Law Offices, LLP
- Consultant at Lyris
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- Doctor of Jurisprudence