• Represented clients with Immigration cases; including asylum, student visa, entry clearance, residence renewal, adjustment of status, and appearance at Immigration tribunal.
• Managed and prepared legal documents, including filling Immigration application with government agency.
• Conducted client interview, dealt with client query and kept client updated via telephone and client care letters.
• Analyzed case documents and performed legal research to enhance client's case.
• Drafted petitions, notices and grounds of appeal, and accompanying letters in support of client case.
- Immigration Lawyer at Anjorin & Co. Solicitors
- Paralegal Intern at David S Kohm & Associates
- Property Lawyer at Anjorin & Co. Solicitors
- Property Lawyer & Administrator - HIPAG Services at OyezStraker Group
2 years at this Job
- Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies - Paralegal Studies
- - Law
- Bachelor of Law - Law
Worked as assistant to immigration lawyer; handling paperwork, computer related tasks, translations, and client forms. Developed experience in client-employer dynamics and client satisfaction.
- Legal Assistant at IMMIGRATION EXPRESS
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - Psychology
Intake of constituent cases Paralegal for immigration lawyer Communicated in Spanish and Portuguese
- Constituent Liaison at City council
- English Teacher at Fisk Language School
- Customer Service Clerk at Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings: Taxi and Limousine Tribunal
- Teller at TD Bank
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- CELTA Certificate TESOL - Teaching English to Speakers of other languages
- BA - Linguistics/ Political Science
- Associate Degree of Arts - Communications
• Assisted clients in understanding their available options and helped them select the right service plans for their needs.
• Collaborated with immigration lawyer to provide English to Haitian-Kreyol translations to clients using their services
- Translator/interpreter at Equal Access Legal Services
- Caregiver at The Birches at Newtown
- Eye-wear Consultant at LensCrafters
- Social Work Intern at The Philadelphia Protestant Home
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Social Work - Social Work
- Associates of Liberal Arts - Liberal Arts
Created Expense Reports for 2014-2017 using excel using vlookup and pivot tables to make reading
and searching through invoices easier
• Collaborated with employer's immigration lawyer and accountant through outlook meet short deadlines regarding to employer's EB-5 application which consisted of staying past normal hours to accomplish the project.
• Assisted in the reclassification of ~$550,000 of expenses to meet the employer's EB-5's minimum investment.
- Bookkeeper at Bings & Things
- Server/Bartender at Roots Italian Kitchen
- Server/Cook at Breakfast Station
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
Hiring Committee member of the Chancellor's Undergraduate Internship Program
● Hosted Law School Panel consisting of immigration lawyer, paralegals, and UCSC politics professor
● Assisted UCSC students and Financial Aid advisors during California Dream Act Application workshop
● Assisted immigration lawyers and students during DACA Clinic
● Assisted students with legal cases and scheduled them to meet with an immigration attorney
● Send appointment confirmation emails and phone called students to remind them of their appointments with the immigration lawyer
● Assist with 540% Slug Caucus meetings, Know Your Rights Workshops, off-campus housing workshops, etc
● Assist students with time managements, budgets, revising cover letters, and resumes
● Identify and disseminate scholarship opportunities available to undocumented students
● Participated in Ally Trainings and roundtable meetings
- Intern at Undocumented Student Services
- Member, 1 hour/week at Legal Education Association for Diversity
- Co-Chair at Salvadoran Student Union
- Intern at Disability Resource Center
2 years at this Job
- B.A - Psychology and Legal Studies
• Lead the 2019 Health and Welfare renewal strategy resulting in a $800K net savings.
• Redesigned employee benefit communication materials.
• Implemented quarterly “Wellness Week” events to scale across 12 office locations.
• Improved department efficiency by implementing “Life Stage” toolkits.
• Partnered with Workday TMS vendor to reconfigure business processes to scale with head count growth.
• Partnered with Immigration lawyer to prepare immigrant and non-immigrant Visa petitions.
• Prepared necessary regulatory reports, including 5500s, HCSO, and 1095C.
- HR Business Operations Partner at W2O Group
7 months at this Job
A law firm focused mainly on immigration and criminal law.
• Obtained foreign documents, made translations, obtained visas, made extensive researches, summarized cases, maintained public access files, updated clients of progress, answered their questions, and prepared paperwork
• Worked on asylum and other protective reliefs on behalf of persecuted clients
• Filing family and employment based immigration forms with USCIS
- Immigration Intern at The HMA Law Firm
- Volunteer Legal Assistant and Translator at
- Document Reviewer at TransPerfect Legal Solutions
- Contract Analyst at Axiom
4 months at this Job
- Master in Law - International Legal Studies
- Master in Law - Law
- Bachelor in Law - (LL.B.) - (J.D. Equivalent), LAW
KIRAN Inc., Raleigh, NC
April 2010 – December 2011
Client services/case manager and outreach coordinator
As case manager :
• Did intake and assessments
• worked long term with clients to help match them up with resources and services appropriate for them
• facilitated a support group
• did awareness workshops on domestic violence and abuse
• oversaw the 24hr crisis hot-line
• took case notes and reported to the program manager and board of trustees
• worked with an immigration lawyer to secure clients legal status. As outreach coordinator :
• Did outreach events to spread awareness about domestic violence and abuse
• represented the organization at community events and publications
• organized fund raisers
• organized the volunteer training and recruitment Clientele: Victims of domestic violence and abuse from the South Asian community Hours per week: 20-40 hrs Type of work: Paid Supervisor info: Vandana Shah 919-831-4203
- case manager at KIRAN
- Acitivity Coordinator at FLORENCE SOLTYS ADULT DAY HEALTH CENTER
2 years, 11 months at this Job
Generalist duties supporting domestic departments in Boston & DC and eight international field offices.
• Provide information and direction on HR policies and practices, compensation, benefits and staffing, through regular interface with domestic and international management and staff.
• Responsible for field office start-up and close-out including identification of local legal counsel and creation of handbook, salary scale and benefit package creation.
• Recruit for senior-level global (Ex-Pat and TCNs) and domestic positions, including working with managers to develop job descriptions and recruiting strategies; interviewing; reference checking; and preparing and extending offers.
• Rolled out new social media strategies and created new recruitment page and tools for Human Resources intranet site.
• Counsel, advise and coach domestic and international staff on various employee relations issues taking into account local labor law, policies and US AID rules and regulations.
• Developing career- tracking tool as part of creating a more structured talent management process.
• Spearheaded collection of compensation data for industry-wide salary survey on Ex-Patriots and Third Country Nationals.
• Partner with managers to identify training needs for departments and employees and implement interventions leveraging internal, and, if necessary, external resources to meet those needs.
• Led roll out of an improved "Pay-for Performance" process through the creation of clearer and improved processes and increased organizational communication of program.
• Identified and led transition to new immigration lawyer. Responsible for processing all company-wide visas and green cards.
• Responsible for creation and roll out of Headquarters Employee Engagement Survey, including compiling and sharing data organization-wide.
- Human Resources Manager at PATHFINDER INTERNATIONAL
- HR Business Partner at W.R. Grace
- Human Resources Director at EXPLORICA, INC
- HR Consultant and MBA Admissions Committee Member at MIT SLOAN ADMISSIONS
7 years, 10 months at this Job
- MS - SOCIAL WORK
- BA - PSYCHOLOGY