• Assist clients with their personal immigration cases which included, but are not limited to: DACA Applications, U.S Citizenship Applications, I-130 Family Petition Applications and U-Visas.
• Manage incoming and outgoing calls.
• Assist clients regarding any questions or concerns they might have.
• Translate for clients who are not proficient with the English language.
- Immigration Specialist at Santa Barbara Immigration Community Center
- Receptionist at Marian Regional Medical Center of Dignity Health
- Customer Service Associate at Allure Boutique
- Bakery Clerk at Vallarta Supermarkets
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- High School Diploma, working on Associates Degree - Liberal Arts
Lead team in data analysis, verify data integrity and compliance, and create technology solutions to complex immigration matters and data processing. Prepare immigration documentation and verify Federal compliance, integrate data with partner departments and government systems. Prepare and deliver presentations.
• Cut administrative time from 7 business days to 3 by analyzing business and creating technology solutions.
• Presented at Fall 2015 NAFSA Regional Conference III: Five Attributes of an Effective Immigration Specialist Data/Business Analysis Develop solutions for non-compliance issues and create tracking and documentation systems for analysis.
• Create files for new English Language Institute (ELI) students. Verify immigration and institutional compliance.
• Create integrated tracking systems for enrollment data analysis, billing, advising hours, and non-compliant students. Integrate and verify data from Office of International Education, faculty, and campus staff.
• Verify compliance to Federal immigration guidelines with PeopleSoft and SEVIS systems. Contact ELI students to maintain compliance status. Prepare documentation to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Project Management
• Lead a team of 6 junior advisors.
• Managed analysis project to clear all data integrity issues in student records on PeopleSoft.
• Managed project including to revamp several immigration forms. Training/Student Guidance
• Train new advisors and assist in hiring staff members.
• Organize student orientations and various events, and employment seminars for international students.
• Advise international students regarding status, travel, employment, transfer, and other immigration issues.
- Senior Immigration Specialist at University of Texas at Arlington
- Immigration Specialist (Intern) at International Rescue Committee
3 years at this Job
- MASTER OF ARTS - Human Security
- Bachelor of Arts - International Studies
• Completing and Filing Immigration forms
• Interpretation and Translation
• Consultation Services
• Entering Data
• Immigration Case Follow-Up
- Immigration Specialist at Nashville International Center for Employment
- Sales Associate at Global Cell
- Program Assistant at Partnership for Sustainable Development
- Social Worker Internship at PSD Nepal
2 years at this Job
- Bachelors - Arts
• Oversee and initiate all immigration cases and liaise with employees, managers, HR and the immigration law firm.
• Advise stakeholders on immigration requirements, regulatory updates, processes, and timelines.
• Collaborate with Talent Acquisition and Recruitment team.
• Manage pre-offer immigration assessments, case initiations, escalations, USCIS site visits, Public Access Files, and signing all immigration-related government forms.
• Main point of contact for employees (across geographies) on immigration questions.
• Communicate clearly, provide advice on challenges with empathy, and resolve issues by facilitating stakeholder discussions that balance business needs, employee experience and risk.
• Continuously improve and document immigration processes to be compliant with the government requirements.
• Stay abreast of US immigration updates and trends in order to benchmark and develop alternative solutions to immigration challenges.
• Provide backup support in other areas of global mobility, including relocation and international immigration.
- Immigration Specialist at Nisum Technologies Inc
- Paralegal at Chugh LLP
- Personal Banker at HDFC Bank Ltd
- Executive - Admin, HR & Accounts at BTI Consultants (India) Pvt. Ltd
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor's degree
- Advanced Diploma in Systems Management - Systems Management
Duties: Review immigration petitions and file with USCIS, review RFE responses and file with USCIS, communicate status of petition with beneficiary, coordinate daily filings with back office, file physical petition approvals, mail physical petition approvals to beneficiary, ensure all communications with USCIS are properly documented.
- Immigration Specialist at Compunnel Software Group, Inc
- Immigration Intern at NPZ Law Group, P.C
- Research Editor at Burrelles Information Services
8 months at this Job
- Certificate - Paralegal Studies
- Bachelor's - Journalism
- Bachelor's - Sociology
· Prepare/file visa petitions for incoming STEM staff - H-1B, J-1, and TN · Provide immigration support to all non-US citizen staff including F-1 students and Legal Permanent Resident petitions · Ensure ~500 foreign staff obtained and maintained legal right-to-work in the US · Interfaced with all levels of management and all other departments · Tracked data, provided information to management and clients
- Immigration Specialist at Pacific Northwest National Laboratories
- Science Education Specialist at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Project Administrator, NSI Technology Services at US Environmental Protection Agency
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration/Marketing
- High school
• Manage the immigration program and provide operational support at our client's U.S. Biotech & Biopharmaceutical headquarters.
• Influence, engage and partner with recruiters, HR business partners, hiring managers, new hires, staff members and relocation vendor to determine the best available visa options, explain the visa requirements, process and procedures, set and re-set expectations for key stakeholders.
• Provide guidance and advise on a variety of U.S. Non-immigrant and immigrant visas, such as H-1B, TN, L-1, E- 3, J-1, O-1, I-140 and AOS.
• Independently monitor key expiration dates on monthly active status reports and initiate renewals in a timely manner to ensure that there is no interruption to the client's organization and business.
• Act as the firm's onsite representative and resource for I-9 compliance and administration, and coordinator for international (non-U.S.) immigration requirements in various countries including Hong Kong, Brazil, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Turkey and Ireland.
• Facilitate and maintain high level of written, verbal and face-to-face interaction and communication with the client and team members regarding the progression of cases and identify areas of process improvement.
• Use professional judgment and expertise to provide business solutions, escalating matters within the firm and/or client as needed.
- Immigration Specialist at Fragomen Worldwide
- at Fragomen Worldwide
- Immigration Specialist at Fragomen Worldwide
- Paralegal at Fragomen Worldwide
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - American Studies
●Assist clients in obtaining green cards, citizenships, reunification, travel documents, and other documentation required
● Ensures all paperwork, including applications for immigration and visas are completed accurately and in a timely manner
● Regularly follow up and update the client immigration status
● Assist and connect the client with criminal records to the right resources
● Respond to questions regarding immigration requirements and timelines
● Completes reports as required by funding sources
● Screens and enroll qualified candidates for civics classes
● Collaborates with other community agencies
●Performs other duties as assigned
- Immigration Specialist at Catholic Charities
- Residential Coordinator at Buffalo City Mission
- Family Partner at CAO Head Start
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master's - Public Administration
- BS - Health and Wellness
Liaising with immigration legal representatives, attorneys, and service providers for Non-Immigrant and Immigrant for various Compliance related needs;
➢ Coordinating periodic audits to ensure all employees are compliant with the laws and analyzing employment-related work permit papers, approval notices, and LCAs;
➢ Identifying compliance issues that require follow-up/investigation and to inform the management regarding new industry changes, trends, and best practices & assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes;
➢ Conferring with management to develop or implement personnel policies or procedures pertaining to HR and immigration;
➢ Coordinating, preparing, or reviewing regulatory requirements for Immigration submissions to USCIS, and DOL and will examine, evaluate, & investigate eligibility for or conformity with laws and regulations;
➢ Maintaining of Public Access File, Form I-9, and E-verify compliance and preparing required reports on regular basis;
➢ Providing technical review of data or reports that will be incorporated into regulatory submissions to assure scientific rigor, accuracy, and clarity of presentation;
➢ Reviewing the cases and test methods for enforcement compliance with applicable regulations and policies;
➢ Maintaining current knowledge base of existing and emerging regulations, standards, or guidance documents and interpret regulatory rules and ensure that they are communicated through corporate policies/procedures. To establish processes for changed regulatory policies and deploy the new processes;
➢ Coordinating efforts associated with the preparation of regulatory documents or submissions. Establishing and deploying processes in line with any regulatory changes;
➢ Preparing or directing the preparation of additional information or responses as requested by regulatory agencies such as USCIS, DOL or FDA.
- Immigration Specialist at ...
- Compliance Manager at WIPRO LIMITED
- Assistant Manager-Immigration at EBUSINESSWARE INDIA PVT. LTD
- Legal Associate at ADNET SERVICES, INC
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- LL.B. - Law
- Diploma - Corporate Laws and Management
- O-Level - Information Technology, P C Software
- Bachelor of Arts - Geography, English and Philosophy
My main focus was to help student to get the opportunities to study overseas. My day-to-day was involving document preparation, communication between client, school and government, and other administrative work. A short venture as it was, I managed to help 20 students enroll into the high schools and universities they were keen to attend. I also was able to apply my software acumen to improve company's productivity. i.e. I migrated company's workflow to Trello (a shard task board) which drastically improve team efficiency.
- Immigration Specialist at Epic Immigration Agency
- Software Engineer at Infosys China
- Software Developer Intern at Wicresoft
6 months at this Job
- BS - Software Engineering