I was responsible for business operations, working closely with the CEO of the company. My duties included reporting branch activities, provide direction and guidance, and coordinate projects management on the Executive Director’s behalf, analyze operating practices, such as record keeping systems, forms control, office layout, suggestion systems, budgetary requirements, and performance standards to create new systems or revise established procedures, schedule and organize activities like meetings and activities within the departments, take authorized action during Executive Director’s absence. Use initiative and judgment to see that matters requiring attention are referred to delegated authority and handled in a manner to minimize error. Working with five people under my supervision, I also helped the Human Resources with hiring process and training of new employees. Before I became the manager my duties as an import/export coordinator was to prepare customs documentation to ensure shipments met all applicable laws to facilitate the import/export of goods, determine and track duties, taxes, and accounts payable inquiries on behalf of clients, coordinate transportation and storage of imported goods, process import/export documentation according to customs regulations, coordinate logistics and business operations, calculate duty and tariff payments owed on shipments, request or compile necessary import documentation, such as customs invoices, certificates of origin, and cargo-control documents, monitor the location of goods, inventory quantity control, quote duty and tax rates on goods to be imported based on federal tariffs and excise taxes, estimate costs of goods, arrange for transportation, warehousing or product distribution of all shipped products.
- Import/Export Manager at Seifo Serviços em importação e exportação
- English Teacher at Cooperativa Riograndense
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- Advanced Diploma - Import and Export
- Advanced course - English
- Bachelor's - International Business
- Associate - International Logistics
Import/Export Manager-Logistics Operations (12/04- Present)
• Organized and directed the material flow, financial and customs/export compliance operations of the NCAR/UCAR Logistics department (ITAR, Bureau of Industry and Security, OFAC)
• Project Management of Logistics Operations to support field projects. Consisting of Air, Ground, and Intermodal shipping. Contributed to the set up and tear down of weather related research projects worldwide.
• Coordinated the administration of export licenses (e.g., DSP-5, DSP-73, DSP-61 and TAA) for the Department of State and Department of Commerce and Office of Foreign Asset Controls.
• Managed all domestic and international shipments with logistics providers, custom brokers and freight forwarders.
• Empowered Official regarding licensing and compliance issues. Created new licenses, amendments and record keeping requirements of all existing licenses, in conjunction with the Export Compliance Manager
• Managed both import and export clearance including, but not limited to, classification for Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) and Schedule B purposes, as well as ECCN, EEI and USML categories; develop and maintain classification databases; perform deemed export analysis; and maintain required entry and export documents.
• Responsible for the negotiation of new freight contracts
• Trained and certified in Hazardous Materials Shipping per 49CFR, IATA, and IMDG.
• Responsible for the negotiation of new freight contracts
• Ensured compliance with the NAFTA agreement and the maintenance of certificates of origin, and carnets, and temporary import bonds.
• Trained logistics, engineering and customer service staff on logistics operational manual and customs/export compliance requirements.
• Advised program/product/engineering/customer/scientist teams/ management on logistics requirements to assure timely transportation of the engineered systems to field projects.
• Collaborated with senior management to develop and implemented a distribution, transportation and warehousing strategy while maintaining minimal costs and keeping customer's satisfaction in the process.
• Assisted accounting and customers to resolve billing, audit and claim issues in Uprocure SRP system.
• Manage assigned team members in performance of their duties. Establish and monitor individual and team goals which are aligned with the organization's business strategies and objectives, and ensure department is properly serving its internal and external customers, meeting defined expectations. Lead the team members with a focus on modeling a caring culture, agile thinking, serving customers, and stewardship.
• Purchasing of items related to warehouse activities and functions.
- Import/Export Manager-Logistics Operations at UNIVERSITY CORPORATION FOR ATMOSPHERIC RESEARCH(UCAR)
- Shipping Manager at ELDON JAMES CORP
- Inside Sales and Customer Support executive at SATLOC GPS INC
14 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Business Administration
- - Business Administration
I worked for a Koean Company during four years, in that period I worked as an Import/ Export managing international shipment and given support of the transportatuin process, entry documentation and making inventory of goods at the same time i was promoted in the administrative/ accounting area. My principal duties such as payroll and recruiting personal, answer email and manege sensitive information. It was a great job until i had to immigrate to United State.
- Import/ export Manager at Ampelos Enterprise
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
Directly manage, process, and coordinate all supply chain, logistics and custom compliance for US production and Meggle
USA, Inc. customer sales (functional, food, ingredient, pharmaceutical/excipients) worldwide. Responsible and authorized to provide all export documentation and reporting in compliance with/for federal regulatory agencies (USDA,
AMS, APHIS, USDA eAuthentication, FDA, OFAC, USDEC, AES/ACE, Department of Commerce, and Department of Homeland Security). Oversee all inbound and outbound US inventory shipped both domestically and internationally.
Direct third party logistics, courier, and transport options, review and negotiate all transport rate queries, contracts, and logistics processing options for cost savings and routing options. Currently managing multiple warehouses, all import/export transactions, customer service, and transport remotely. Provide all document administration, oversight, and management for all shipments/orders in the regions of North America (all NAFTA countries), Central America (3
CAFTA-DR countries), South America, Africa, Middle East, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and 10 TPP Countries.
• Original US operational business plan included all sales terms and processes to comprise only customer arranged/negotiated transport and logistics on FCA terms (buyer arranges transport from the warehouse or point of loading). My subject matter expertise has created the ability to provide all transport and logistics capabilities allowing us to insource all transport and logistic functionality for any/all US orders. Solely responsible for providing 90%+ of all shipments now being arranged as CPT, CIP, CIF, CFR, DAP, DDP, DDU (seller arranges all transport and logistics services on behalf of the customer either to foreign port or warehouse).
• Created and developed entire international processing and documentation system for the US division of the company. Accepted all responsibility for shipping, documentation, logistics, custom's compliance, inventory management from partner company, and created/procured all processes, procedures, and documents for shipping to all customers worldwide from the US.
• In 2016 took over management of all US Sales order processing and logistics from US Distributor. Successfully took responsibility for 87 new customer accounts for customer service, processing, and logistics. Initially was approximately 20 orders per year to one location ($42,500 sales) by distributor, and is currently comprised of almost 100 individual accounts/customers/locations, with over 130 orders in 2018 ($2,145,500 sales).
• Direct numerous logistics carriers for all air, ocean, and intermodal transport. Reduced average contract expenses by 30%+ through aggressive negotiations with vendors, and constant monitoring of pricing between carriers and alternative lanes/lines.
• Currently researching/developing a proposal I envisioned to redesign packaging to provide language and customer specific data. Expected US savings on labor as $75 per pallet/6% of product cost savings.
• Manage orders for 295 customers in 46 countries and 20 US states, ensuring all shipment/logistic issues and transactions are handled in a timely manner. As a result, US division sales have increased almost 300% during my oversight. Order sales processing that I supervise and direct were $2,816,000 before I guided all import/export activities, and are estimated to top $8,243,000 for 2018.
• Direct two separate 3rd party warehouse facility's inventory using JIT Inventory Management systems. Oversee all inventory management and allocations for export from all US facilities. Current annual inventory of approximately 3,900,000 KGS/8,597,940 LBS and 150 individual batch/lots.
• Committed to continuing education pertaining to managing imports and new regulatory compliance - Importing into the United States in Compliance with U. S. Customs & Border Protection (Seminar 7/2017).
- Import/Export Manager at MEGGLE USA, INC
- Sales Logistics Manager at AGRI-MARK, INC
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Applied Business - Applied Business
- Associate of Applied Science - Applied Science
Coordinated and ran all aspects of Freight Forwarding and Logistics
➢ Managed all Import and Export cargo transferred via Air, Ocean and Land
➢ Negotiated and maintained data base on trucks rates and ocean and air freight
➢ Selected shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
➢ Determined efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
➢ Reserved necessary space on ships, aircraft, or trucks.
➢ Scheduled International and Domestic Shipments
➢ Provided Export clearance for shipments based on country requirements
➢ Manage all client shipments which includes providing additional logistics support at the interface between the company and the carrier
➢ Collaborating with custom brokers, composing invoices, checks, collecting payments from related parties
➢ Yearly / Quarterly audits to ensure compliance with Customs and Corporate regulations
➢ Set performance standards and goals for the department/employees
- Import/Export Manager at The Port Group Inc
- Trade Manager at Peter and May, FL
- RFS Manager at Amerijet International, FL
- Operations Manager at ACD Cargo, FL
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- BSN - Business Administration
Import/Export Manager Amra Decorations (Retail & Wholesale) ♦Responsible for oversight and management of all Import and export operations to ensure planned timelines are met. ♦Responsibilities include but not limited to researching & selection of products, price negotiation & payment terms with the vendor to ensure cost advantage. ♦ Attend tradeshows & identify new products with high growth & high margin to expand business growth while maintaining competitor edge over the other companies. ♦ Visit & inspect factories to ensure safe & efficient packaging, transportation & shipment of high quality products to the customers. ♦Place & approve production orders with multiple factory partners. ♦Prepare & oversee that all required documents for shipping, customs and other authorities are secured in advance of the products shipment. ♦Work with freight forwarder to negotiate prices & increase service levels to ensure safe & efficient transportation of products. ♦Handle all the aspects of communication including but not limited to problem solve issues immediately. ♦Act as liaison between various production and operation units such as legal division sales marketing and sales.
- Import Export Manager for the Family Owned and Operated Company at Retail & Wholesale
- Assistant Manager at Wal-Mart
- Area Manager/Operation Manager at Dunkin Donuts
- Owner/Manager at Jewel of India
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting - Accounting
Responsible of Import and Export Logistic, inventory tracking and control jointly with the headquarter production center. Managing of logistic and Purchasing KPI. Collection of database. S etting and following up of purchasing order process. Cost calculation of import, nationalization, tariff code, and import/ export merchandise's physical verification. Coordination and follow up of import and export process. Monitoring of customs brokers, airline y maritime companies, load consolidators, and ground transportation. Production of merchandises' certificate of origin according to the current legal regulations. Process of inquire and pay off of foreign currency (CENCOEX). Issue foreign currency statement to the BCV.
- Import/Export Manager at BSN
- Logistic and Shopping Executive at
- Import/Export Traffic Coordinator at CADIVI
- Import Coordinator at CADIVI, MILCO
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Import Export Manager at Lund’s Fisheries
13 years, 6 months at this Job
Morocco. . Implementing an Import/Export plan for the company's products in the foreign market. . Establishing a plan for acquisition and distribution of finished products of the company. . Attending International Construction & Natural Stone Fairs around the world as an Exhibitor and as a visitor including: Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Turkey, Greece, UAE, China, USA, Morocco, and UK. . Plan logistic routes/ports for an efficient way of goods transportation in terms of cost and timing. . Ensure that all import/export documents are compatible and accurate with local rules and regulations.
- Import/Export Manager at Natural Stone & Granite Company
- Part Time Sales Manager's Assistant at Tampa Car dealership
- Part Time Teacher Assistant at Community Center
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- A.S degree in Business Management-International Business Option - HCC
- - ESL
- Certificate of Business Specialist
Processed sales and purchases of product that were exported and imported from Lund's and its customers. Provided all necessary documentation for importing and exportation of product into both US and foreign locations. Arranged inspections and compliance with all necessary US Health and Customs regulations. Freight scheduling and logistics from warehousing to customer. Responsible for invoicing and payments from foreign entities including Letters of Credit and CAD. Worked with US and foreign banks, government agencies and inspectors
- Import/Export Manager at Lund's Fisheries, Inc
- Production Manager at Dynamic Forces / Dynamite Entertainment
- Product Manager at Running Press Book Publishers
- Operations Manager at Tri-State Real Estate Journal
13 years, 6 months at this Job
- BA - Communication Arts