Wilsonville, OR 5/2018-Present
A family owned customhouse broker that boasts more than 40 years of experience in the freight forwarding and customs clearance industry. www.tonsager.com Import Specialist
Reviewed and processed day to day import operations. Committed to client's needs by providing with timely and accurate clearance services. Reviewed documentation and communicated with clients to ensure compliant customs transactions.
• Prepared all necessary data entry and confirmation of key milestones (departure, arrival, customs clearance, PODs, etc.) as specified by Customer Standard Operating Procedures.
• Developed and maintained successful relationships with local vendors (e.g. airline representatives, freight forwarders, custom brokers, local pickup and delivery companies, regional trucking companies, line haul providers) as well as other co-load carriers.
• Provided support to coworkers in training and audit oversight. Processed documents through the Company's ABI system, obtaining Customs release and other government agency releases as appropriate. Conducted post-entry audits and identify entry corrections.
• Advance working knowledge of importing goods under EPA, FDA and USDA.
- Import Specialist at L.D. Tonsager & Sons, Inc
- Financial Crimes Specialist/OFAC Sanctions Wires Screener at Wells Fargo
- Senior Account Representative at SureID, Inc
10 months at this Job
- B.S. in Sociology - Criminal Justice
Mid-America Overseas Inc. August 2017 - Present
Ocean Import Specialist/Inside Sales
• Provide excellent Customer Service to ensure customer issues are resolved
• Coordinates air and ocean freight forwarding of international shipments.
• Processing of US Customs entries in accordance with US Customs and all other government agency guidelines.
• Maintains complete regulatory compliance with any related government agencies such as local, US domestic and applicable foreign agencies, and verify that all government and agency compliance and regulatory requirements are properly addressed.
• Maintain account information according to client requirements, change in contact, special instructions and any other additional or revised specific requirements.
• Negotiate rates with carriers; prepare and submit quotations to prospective accounts on a daily basis.
• Punctual follow up to all inquiries, including RFI's, RFQ's and all other customer, agent and MAO partner office inquiries
• Daily interactions and departmental performance reporting to local management.
• Responsible for all customer related communication: from sales inquiry, to shipment of the order
• Receive customer shipment request and enter into system; accuracy is a must
• Receive all sales related inquires (RFQ’s)
• Provide exemplary customer service, follow-up and provide status of shipments
• Make outbound sales calls based on provided leads; reaching decision makers; qualifying the business
• Post-sales support; documenting and prioritizing activities
- Import Specialist / Inside Sales at Mid-America Overseas, Inc.
- Ocean Export Specialist at Ceva Freight LLC
- Ocean Export Specialist at UTI, United States Inc
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- - Liberal Arts Curriculum
• Import Specialist, assigned to the Pharmaceuticals, Health & Chemicals Center of Excellence and Expertise (Pharm CEE).
• Combined specialized commercial and legal expertise with the discipline of working in a law enforcement environment, and using strategies and targeting techniques to detect smuggled or clandestinely imported commodities and certain contraband articles.
• Ensure compliance with import and export laws and regulations, to detect and prevent illegal contraband from entering the United States, regulatory compliance projects, and Communicate processes and procedures to team members.
• Use numerous databases to research the admissibility and to enforce laws regarding importation, Customs laws and regulations, identifying trade fraud, and help drive compliance awareness. J. Canon | page three ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
• Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States, General Rules of Interpretation, Binding Rulings, Explanatory Notes, and other established regulatory information, and communicate government requirements for commercial documentation.
• Identify evidence of falsification of records, international trade documents and document discrepancies, analytical assessments of legal issues and policy issues, quantitative data and business information are used to assess any recommendations for pursuing further actions.
- Import Specialist at U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Police Officer/Detective at IMPD
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
- Certificate in Competitive Intelligence
- Master's Degree - Criminal Intelligence
- DEA - Mobile Federal Law Enforcement Analysis Training
Import Ocean and Air shipments Document shipments to ensure that they are in compliance with customs rules and regulations. Process shipment data to ensure release.
- Import Specialist at John S. James Company
- Valet at Audi
- Health Enthusiast at The Vitamin Shoppe
- Administrative Assistant at Akermahn trucking LLC
7 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Supply Chain Management
- High school or equivalent
Present Duties: Assigning a file number to each shipment and creating a report with shipment information. Preparing data for entry by reviewing documents and ensuring all is accurate. Entering data into computer system to submit import shipments to Customs for clearance. Tracking shipments to verify clearance. Filing in numerical order. Responding to any customer inquiries via phone, email. Dispatch Assistant-TransInternational 5610 Hwy 21 Port Wentworth GA Supervisor: Teresa Harvey 912-463-4210 September 2016- March 2017 Duties: Reviewing driver paperwork to verify load information is accurate. Creating PIN numbers through Navis for each container being either acquired or returned to the port. Communicating with drivers for arrival and departure times, updating times in computer system. Documenting driver activity in and out of port as well as arrival and departure times at customer. Ensuring that all drivers remain in compliance with safety and health requirements. Assists in designating deliveries to drivers.
- Import Specialist at Alliance Customs Clearance
- Customs Brokerage Representative at UPS
1 month at this Job
Arranged import shipments for customers. Coordinate domestic transportation from port(s) and airline(s). Submit international documents for clearance, ISF and payment(s). Conference calls with customers on their needs and attend customer functions. Attend training class webinars TEAMWW provide. General office duties. CSR
- Import Specialist at Team worldwide
- phone calls and customer service at Winfield Solutions, LLC
- Supervisor/Logistics at Seed Services, Inc
11 months at this Job
- - General Education
• Handles Import Operations for Ocean and Air shipments from overseas
• Handles FCL, LCL, and Consolidated shipments from overseas
• Arranges Customs Entry process with the Customs Broker
• Arranges Truck searching and makes sure the shipments are delivered on time
• Coordinates with the customers to meet their deadlines to receive the goods
- Import Specialist at New Marine Consolidator, Inc
at this Job
- Bachelor's - Marketing Management
- Coordinated bookings with overseas agents for air and ocean import operations for multiple accounts - Check import data on a daily basis for accuracy and provide customers with updates - Monitor all stages of freight movement and ensure freight is delivered within a specified timeframe - Analyze overseas cost and quote import estimates to customer - Calculate billing according to monthly tariffs or quotes before months end - Review files for ISF and AMS filings, send arrival notices to brokers if needed, process checks to airlines and carriers to ensure release of cargo
- IMPORT SPECIALIST at MIQ LOGISTICS, LLC
- J.CREW // SALES ASSOCIATE at MIQ LOGISTICS, LLC
- LEGAL ASSISTANT at MIRAE LAW, LLC
- FASHION BUSINESS INTERN at PERPETUAL MOTION AGENCY
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Fashion Business - Fashion Business
Maintain control of Import Operations various accounts, Inventory, Clearances, Provide Costumer Service
- Import Specialist at Able Freight Services Inc
- Office Supervisor at World Freight Services
- Office Agent at Mercury Air Cargo
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Criminal justice
Team Leader - Training new Employees Customs clearance and ISF Processing of assigned ocean import accounts. PGA processing as needed. Customer Service, Traffic and Followup. Handle payment of ACH Duty Payments
- Import Specialist at Jagro Customs Brokers
- home Wife//homemaker at Stay
- Homemaker at Circle International Inc
- Import Specialist at BDP International
15 years, 1 month at this Job
- Certificate in Computer Programming
- College prep