In-house attorney with over 7 years of experience advising public technology and manufacturing companies on commercial transactions and litigation matters. Focused on providing pragmatic guidance that mitigates exposure and maximizes profitability.
Sensata Technologies Inc. Attleboro, MA
Senior Corporate Counsel July 2013 - Present
• Responsible for drafting and negotiating a high volume of complex agreements, including government contracts, confidentiality agreements, license agreements, software agreements (SaaS) and supply agreements.
• Provide practical legal advice to a cross functional team of business leaders during contract negotiations and commercial disputes.
• Responsible for creating various scalable contract templates and procedures to ensure companywide consistency.
• Provide training to sales, marketing and supply chain teams on various legal issues and sound contracting principles.
• Implemented legal management technology tools to improve management of contract lifecycle and management of litigation matters.
• Responsible for all litigation matters, including all products liability litigation. Implemented a new litigation strategy that netted over $500k in annual savings in outside counsel spend.
• Developed a cost effective ITAR and FAR/DFAR compliance program to enable new business opportunities and mitigate risks.
• Support the corporate development team with M&A transactions, including due diligence and integration efforts.
- In-house attorney at Sensata Technologies Inc
- Commercial Contracts Counsel at UTC Aerospace Systems
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Legal Studies
Worked as a core member of a 10-person legal team for a privately held company with 1800 employees, covering territory of Russia and Armenia; supported various legal matters in Belarus and Turkmenistan on a project basis. Led projects on various corporate compliance issues. Develop relationship with local law firms, managed cooperation with outside counsel. Participated in litigation matters including labor disputes, product liability, and white-collar matters and investigations.
- In-house Attorney at Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
- In-house Attorney at Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
- Attorney at Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
- Intern at Shearman & Sterling, LLP
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- LL.M. - Business and Law
- Master's - Three-year Master's
- B.A. in Russian Language & Literature - Russian Language & Literature
- LL.M. - Representative
Responsibilities File documents,search and copy documents at court house. Transport clients to courts or doctor. Pickup/deliver legal documents. Pick up settlement checks. Serve legal documents. Open bank accounts for minors. Accomplishments Lowered cost,employer did not have to use expensive outside attorney service. Work was done quickly and correctly. Lawyer's and Secretary's are confidant that i will get assignments done. Skills Used Communicating with superiors and clients. Computer search. Driving.
- In house attorney service,field rep. at Law Firms of Perona,Langer,Beck,Serbin and Larry H.Parker
- Courrier at Antech Dianostics/ VCA
- Route Driver-Helper at Fornaca Bakery
- Third Key Manager at Smart and Final
22 years, 4 months at this Job
- 1 year Jr. collage. - Working towards associate degree.
- Brick Mason - Masonry
The duties of these roles have consistently focused on recruiting and hiring matters from summer associate to partner-level laterals, with an emphasis on due diligence and hiring ethics. Today, I manage the summer program; work with hiring committees; and work with the Director of Professional Development, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer on hiring and recruiting matters. Over the years, I have managed summer associate, entry level and lateral attorney recruiting and orientation for our AmLaw 200 firm with 18 offices in 5 countries, including due diligence and ethics issues arising from hiring process; administering the summer program, including work assignments, evaluations, educational programs and social activities; developed and implemented in-house attorney training, development and retention initiatives; worked closely with principal chairmen in managing firm committees for hiring, diversity and mentoring; participated in discussions about attorney evaluation and compensation; and supervised a recruiting coordinator and administrative support staff.
- Attorney Recruiting Manager at MILLER, CANFIELD, PADDOCK and STONE, PLC
- Manager of Attorney Recruiting and Development at MILLER, CANFIELD, PADDOCK and STONE, PLC
- Manager of Professional Recruitment at
- Recruiting Coordinator at MILLER, CANFIELD, PADDOCK and STONE, PLC
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Philosophy - Concentrations in Humanities, Social Science and Dance; earned Michigan Provisional Teaching Certificate
Jack-of-all-trades in-house attorney highly skilled in risk identification and allocation, secured transactions, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, negotiation, documentation, legal research and legal writing. Leadership experience negotiating, reviewing, drafting and closing transactions in solar project finance, hydrogen fuel-cell finance, power purchase agreement (PPA) and non-PPA renewable energy transactions, oil and gas finance, commercial real estate, construction finance, equipment finance, technology finance, and tax-structured financing. In addition, a natural business development officer who maximizes relationships, continuing to grow capital market originations with brokers, lessors, captives and banks.
- Senior Contract Negotiator & In-House Counsel at Crestmark, a division of MetaBank
- Adjunct Professor, Business Law (part-time, evenings & online) at Washtenaw Community College
- Program Manager & In-House Counsel at UniFi Equipment Finance
- Credit Analyst at UniFi Equipment Finance
3 years at this Job
- A.A.S. - Accounting
- J.D. - Law
- B.S. - Psychology & Criminal Justice
Attorney handling all aspects of Washington and Oregon cases, including motion practice, alternative dispute resolution., discovery and client management. Focus on construction defect and insurance defense matters.
• Key contact for Washington and Oregon clients.
• Extensive reporting and communication with clients and carriers.
- Attorney at Clement & Drotz
- Attorney at Law Office of Nathan A. Hoerschelmann
- Attorney of Counsel at ASMP
- Channel Manager at ASMP
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - Politics
• Drafted oil and gas title opinions
• Provided due diligence for property acquisitions
• Drafted acquisition documents (Purchase and Sale Agreements, Assignments, etc.)
• Reviewed proposed oil and gas leases/mineral deeds for mineral owners
• Reviewed Non - disclosure, non - compete agreements for prospective purchases of interests in multiple businesses
• Formed business entities (Limited Liability Companies, Limited Partnerships)
- Attorney at Charles M. Fife
- Senior Landman at Trail Ridge Energy Partners II, LLC
- In House Attorney at Reef Exploration
- Oil and Gas Attorney at W. Miguel Swanwick Law Firm
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - History
Insurance Defense Civil Litigation) - Develop and manage all facets of prosecuting and defending automobile accidents. Plan and implement case strategy, review and analyze client documents.. Conduct legal research and draft motions and pleadings to protect client interests. INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (May 2011-October 2018) ATTORNEY - (Civil Litigation and Workers Compensation) - Employment law, personal injury, real estate actions as well as Workers Compensation claims while working with Alvandi Law Group on a per diem basis. Responsibilities include full case management from inception, including legal research and writing, client interaction, discovery, depositions, board and courtroom appearances, law and motion.
- ATTORNEY at BARABAN &TESKE
- ATTORNEY - (Insurance Defense Civil Litigation) at PALUMBO BERGSTROM, LLP
- IN HOUSE ATTORNEY at LENNAR CORPORATION
- ATTORNEY - (Insurance Defense Civil Litigation) at JEFFERY & GROSFELD
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.A. - Liberal Studies/English
- Juris Doctor - December
Joined ClaimFox as CLO and as first in-house attorney; manage legal matters including contracts, litigation, pricing issues, interpreting statutes; assisted in achieving ISO 27001 certification for this national company which handles disclosure management for property and casualty insurers.
- Chief Legal Officer at ClaimFox, Inc
- General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer at CIOX Health, f/k/a HealthPort Technologies
- Assistant Vice President-Contracts and Compliance at Equifax Credit Information Services, Inc
- Senior Attorney at Equifax Credit Information Services, Inc
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- B.S. - Information Management
→ Immigration Attorney focused on a wide range of immigration matters including family based-petitions, application for permanent residence, Asylum, consular processing, naturalization, as well as representation before USCIS Adjudicating Officers and in Immigration Court. → Conduct legal research, document review and draft briefs, motions, and appeals.
- Immigration Attorney at Manuel Solis Law Firm
- Attorney & Counselor at Law at Nido Nylund Attorneys & Counselors at Law
- Legislative Advisor at Nido Nylund Attorneys & Counselors at Law
- College Professor in Business Administration at Nido Nylund Attorneys & Counselors at Law
7 months at this Job
- LL.M. - International Law, Investments, Trade, and Arbitration
- Juris Doctor
- B.S. - General Science