* Counsel and provide legal advice to Farmers Insurance Group employees, claim representatives, and managers * Analyze issues regarding claim handling and procedure, and provide reports with detailed solutions and recommendations * Obtain positive dispositions for Farmers Insurance Group and their insureds through mediations, arbitrations, and/or motion practice
- In-House Attorney at Farmers Insurance Group
- Associate Attorney at Stempel & Doty, PLC
- Civil Litigation Attorney at Cornerstone Law LLC
- at United States District Court
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Political Science
• Represent the Organization with formation, day-to-day operations;
• Write and negotiate materials to be presented to investors and grants for the organization;
• Negotiate and review contracts;
• Develop detailed procedures for written materials such as news letter and teaching materials relating to the Organization's mission and goals;
• Supervise outside counsel and tax representatives;
• Supervise staff regarding non-for profit compliance matters; and
• Address strategic issues of policy.
- In House Attorney at The Global Ummah Foundation, Inc
- Associate Attorney at Berkman, Henock, Peterson, Peddy & Fenchel P.C
- Associate Attorney at McCabe, Weisberg & Conway, P.C
- Associate Attorney at E. Waters & Associates P.C
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- JD degree
- - First Year Law Student
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
Drafted and reviewed various contracts, including Master Service Agreements, work orders, leases, licenses, non-disclosure agreements and other commercial legal documents for internal and external clients. Offered accurate and consistent legal counsel to internal clients regarding the creation and negotiation of legal documents and matters. Collaborated with internal clients and key stakeholders to devise negotiation tactics and acceptable parameters for projects assigned. Handled complex legal matters, liaising with multiple business contacts to come to an agreeable solution in a timely, prioritized fashion. Provided guidance on internal governance policies.
- In-House Attorney at CUDD ENERGY SERVICES
- Attorney - Contract Attorney at LAW OFFICES OF PATRICIA CHAPMAN
- Student Associate at MARQUETTE LAW AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP CLINIC
- Legal Intern at BLOODCENTER OF WISCONSIN
1 year at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Intellectual Property Law Society
- BA in Advertising - Business Administration
- Working closely with founder of infant healthcare start-up, problem-solved entity formation issues in various jurisdictions for compliance with Federal Laws. Advised that Accounting take into account the monetary affects of lease renewals in proposed budget of acquiring 70+ healthcare practices and their real estate. - Filed, researched, followed-up on, and tracked all appropriate corporate entity Formation filings and Amendments, Corrections, Conversions, etc for numerous states. - Advised Founder on entities' structural issues with regards to tax consequences for Sellers. Recommended formation of subsidiaries that was adopted by Founder in order to resolve possible taxation issues. - Identified potential legal pitfalls of entity types (PLLC, LLC, etc.) for interwoven entities during Formation; worked with Founder to solve. - Heavy redrafting of, and advising on, outside counsel's contract language in analyzed corporate employment agreements, asset purchase and sales agreements, service agreements, transition agreements, vendor agreements, commercial leases,etc. to Founder. - Explained, taught and advised supervisor and operations team on contract language options and various general legal concepts relevant to the contracts being used. With approval, drafted entire contract provisions from scratch that were overlooked by outside counsel and needed specific to the healthcare practices, real estate, assets, IP and real estate of practices attempting to acquire. Brought to light the value of any IP owned by Seller's, which Founder adopted and advised outside counsel to add. - Reviewed corporate subscription package for share classes against Founder's requests and desires. - Drafted 58 separate and distinct employment, MIPS, asset purchase contracts and addendums for healthcare practices to acquire. - Heavy legal research of corporate governance rules and filings of many states as well as healthcare state & federal laws and associated legal cases. - Decided to leave as the "writing was on the wall" as the start-up had not yet acquired the funding nor decided on a structure and had not closed on any purchase for over 7 months.
- Independent In-House Attorney and Senior Paralegal at Stride Healthcare
- Associate Attorney at Taxation Firm
- Commercial Real Estate Paralegal/ Contract and Lease Administrator at Kin Properties
- Independent Contract Attorney at
3 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Business Administration
- - Economics
In-House attorney for a nationwide technology services and project management start-up company based in Kansas City, Missouri. Provide management and oversight of initial licensing and registration in a number of jurisdictions, lead the drafting, review, and negotiation of all company contracts, provide advice and counsel to management concerning finance and investment opportunities.
- In-House Counsel at ZUTEK LLC
- Project Attorney at United Lex
- Assistant General Counsel at Skinny IT Corp
- General Counsel at Installation and Service Technologies, Inc
4 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
- None - Law
- Bachelor's - Political Science
- Acting as in-house attorney for international, seafood wholesale distributor, focusing on contract negotiation and drafting, settlement negotiations, collections and civil suits, employment / HR matters, and providing guidance to ownership and management regarding everyday legal matters. - Performing accounts receivable, payable, and payroll functions utilizing proprietary software. - Training and managing accounting department staff and providing guidance and problem solving for other departments throughout the company. - Interfacing with purchasers, salespersons, employees, management, ownership, customers, and vendors on a daily basis.
- In-House Counsel/Assistant Controller at Port Royale Trading Co., Inc
- Solo Practitioner at Caputo Law, P.A
- Document Reviewer at Synergy Legal Professionals
- Student Attorney at FIU Law Immigration & Human Rights Clinic
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Master of Science in Finance - Finance
- Bachelor of Arts in Small Business Management - Small Business Management
In-house attorney handling multi-jurisdictional leasing issues, collections, low-income housing tax credit compliance issues, evictions, policy and procedure, and best practices for 15,000 unit portfolio.
- Staff Attorney at Premier Real Estate Management LLC
- Law Clerk at North Shore Legal Associates
- Research Assistant at Winthrop Intelligence
- Research Assistant at National Sports Law Institute
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration
- Juris Doctor
Risk Detection & Legal Remedy Services * Full scope Insurance production creation and delivery and settlement Attorney * Client Management and facilitation of educational requirements to large groups. * Responsible for clientele interfacing daily and at all corporate events. * Responsible for the generation of risk-free insurance products and maintenances of a zero-liability environment. * In-house Attorney and multi-state licensed title agent for busy real estate title & settlement provider. * Marketing and business development partner to multiple retail Long & Foster real estate offices. * Contract review and Negotiations with arbitration focus. Cure contract disputes and go forward strategies.
- Attorney Counsel at Long & Foster Corporation
- Attorney Counsel at ORLANS Corporation
- Attorney Counsel / Risk Detection / Compliance / & Legal Remedy Services at Kase & Associates
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - legal and business
- Juris Doctorate degree
* In charge of the accounting and the receivables and payables for all the properties owned by investment group. Created monthly billing statement and collection letters for past due accounts. * Managed staff of forty employees and in charge of hiring and firing of building staff. * In-House attorney for investment group with portfolio of eight (8) Mixed use commercial/residential rental properties and two medical practices located in Queens and Nassau County. * Initiated lawsuits in landlord-tenant court for past due rent, evictions, and money judgments. * Defended investment group and medical practices in lawsuits filed by tenants and medical practice patients. * Drafted and negotiated business contracts and wrote residential/commercial leases for eight mixed-use buildings.
- In-House Counsel / Building Manager at CHOICE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- Contract Attorney at BROWER PIVEN, P.C
- Staff Accountant at AON CAMBRIDGE HORIZON
6 years, 7 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting & Information Systems - Accounting & Information Systems
Jerry Aron P.A.
• Of Counsel Attorney
• Real Estate Attorney with the firm's Timeshare Foreclosure Practice including assisting Lead Attorney in hearings, reviewing complaints and other pleadings, formulating litigation plans, responding to inquiries and reviewing statutes, caselaw, and administrative rules and regulations affecting timeshare matters in the State of Florida.
• Work closely with the office staff and paralegals to ensure that all complaints and matters regarding the firm's timeshare practice are in compliance with state rules and regulations of timeshare plans.
• Helped establish practice guidelines for the Trustee Foreclosure Process. Blue Water Clear Title, LLC and Westfall Law Firm § Current Position: Title and Real Estate Attorney § Working towards Board Certification in Real Property Law § Started both companies in drafting initial agreements, organizing vendors, obtaining required licensing and software agreements, hiring employees, ensuring training and compliance with all State and Local Laws.
• Real Estate, Civil Litigation, and Family Law n Over 10 years of experience in Real Estate Law, Civil Litigation and Family Law, including significant trial work, contested and uncontested hearings, plaintiff's residential foreclosure cases, landlord/Tenant Law, Timeshare foreclosure. n Significant experience in both Residential and Commercial Closings including review and creation of loan documents, notes, mortgages, and deeds of record and examining chains of title, and removing exceptions and representing clients in different types of commercial and residential matters. § Draft Deeds of Record, Facilitate negotiation of short sales, Review HUD, RESPA, and other Closing Documents/Disclosures, Review Contracts for Purchase and Sale of Commercial and Residential Real Property Transactions, Review title and legal actions affecting the Conveyance of Marketable Title § Manage employees, Communicate with Underwriters and Ensure Accurate Reconciliations and Compliance with underwriting guidelines Blue Water Realty Companies n Provided in-house attorney services for a Central Florida Real Estate Company which specializes in Commercial and Residential Sales and Leases, Community Association Management, and Real Estate investment. n Represented client company in multiple Residential and Commercial Real Estate actions, Landlord/Tenant Law, Foreclosure, and Contract Disputes. Additional practice areas include: General Civil Litigation, Community Association Law n Drafted or Revised all major contracts on behalf of the client company, including Lease Agreements, and Contracts between client and venders, and reviewed compliance issues on behalf of the client to ensure client companies and corresponding contracts are current with local and state laws. Law Office of Gail Linscott Silva, P.A n Associate Attorney n Major Practice area was family law. n Represented clients' interests in mediations, negotiations, hearings, and numerous contested hearings and trials. n Drafted Petitions, Motions, Emergency Motions, Injunctions, Case Plans and Reports. Also drafted quit-claim deeds, final judgments, and Agreements/Contracts.
- Attorney at Law at Westfall Law Firm
at this Job
- Juris Doctorate - Human Rights Research Assistant
- B.A. - Music