Serve as in-house counsel for employee benefit TPA specializing in group welfare benefit plans and non- subscription for occupational injury. Oversee compliance and contracts.
- IN-HOUSE COUNSEL at HRHOUSTON GROUP
- SENIOR HR BUSINESS PARTNER at HRHOUSTON GROUP
10 years, 11 months at this Job
- JURIS DOCTOR
- BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
In-house counsel for holding company of 13 related corporations with a wide array of business lines ranging from construction services, property management, security services, and equipment rental. Identify, analyze and advise on contractual legal issues. Prosecute or defend against litigated claims ranging from breach of contract claims to foreclosure of lien rights. Advise management teams to reduce liability exposure.
Negotiate commercial agreements. Oversee and coordinate outside counsel.
• Prosecuted foreclosure of lien rights during three week arbitration wherein the arbitrator awarded full lien amount, attorney's fees, and all costs.
• Negotiated and settled over $2.5 million in mechanic's lien claims involving multiple projects.
• Successfully negotiated and completed numerous commercial and real estate transactions.
• Prevailed in oral arguments before the California Second District Court of Appeal.
- In-House Counsel at WORLDWIDE SOURCING GROUP, INC
- Grants and Contracts Counsel at LUDWIG INSTITUTE FOR CANCER RESEARCH, INC
- Of Counsel at EMGE AND ASSOCIATES
- Senior Associate at SHINNICK AND RYAN
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science - Political Science
Currently serving as In-House Counsel; reviews over 800+ contracts/documents per day and acts as the final signing attorney
● Manages and approves 200+ post-judgment executions per day
● Manages the bankruptcy department; assigns daily tasks, handles matters pertaining to chapter 7, 11, & 13 filings
● Successfully litigates debt collection cases; manages 50+ cases per month
● Negotiates with opposing attorneys and pro se litigants to advance settlement
● Skilled in pre-trial motions, preparing and responding to discovery requests, drafting memoranda of law, approving post-judgment executions
● Responsible for drafting settlement agreements between opposing parties and clients
● Conducts interviews for potential new hires and determines whether their qualifications meet the firm's standards
● Trains and mentors newly hired attorneys
● Advises the firm's employees as to whether certain procedures are in accordance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA); analyzes cases in order to ensure compliance with FDCPA and HIPAA standards
● Analyzes evidence presented and provides recommendation to clients regarding trial versus settlement, taking into account the best interest of the client
- In-House Counsel at Pressler, Felt and Warshaw LLP
- Legal Assistant at
- Associate Legal Assistant at The Law Office of Rose Tubito
8 years at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science and Criminal
Lighthouse Lab Services is a full-service clinical laboratory solutions provider. Lighthouse provides turnkey clinical laboratory setup, laboratory consulting, clinical laboratory recruiting and laboratory buyer-seller services. Our Lab Director Program provides Lab Directors to 90+ CLIA labs nationwide. Our Recruiting and Temporary Services Divisions place/employ Clinical Laboratory Scientists, Generalists and other medical professionals within hospitals, medical groups and clinical laboratories throughout the United States. As In-House Counsel, I provide our management and principals with assistance and guidance with respect to: * Contracts with external/internal sales representatives and contractors; * Operations, corporate governance, and compliance policies; * Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA) certification and compliance; * CAP, COLA, and JHACO compliance; * FDA and SEC regulatory compliance; * Compliance with individual state employment, business governance and clinical laboratory regulations; * Fraud and Abuse legislation -- including compliance with EKIRA, Stark and the federal Anti-Kickback Statute; * Lab to lab and hospital billing arrangements; * SEC and State Securities Laws and * General legal matters including EEOC/Employment Law compliance, corporate collections, drafting/negotiating commercial leases and commercial construction contracts.
- In-House Counsel (Part-Time) at Lighthouse Lab Services, Inc
- In-House Counsel (Part-Time) at Brainwave Science, Inc
- Principal and Founder at Tomkins Law Office - Gallagher and Tomkins PC
- Adjunct Instructor Continuing Legal Education at Lorman Education Services
9 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Legal Research and Writing
- BA - Government
• In house counsel for large property and casualty insurance defense firm
• Advise adjusters on claim handling procedures and avoiding bad faith exposure
• Defend carrier against lawsuits brought by insureds
• Negotiate and settle claims and lawsuits brought against carrier
- In-House Counsel at FedNat Insurance Company
- Associate Attorney at Quintairos Prieto Wood & Boyer, P.A., Broward County
- Associate Attorney at Powers McNalis Torres Teebagy Luongo
4 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
- Bachelor of Arts in American Studies - American Studies
As Digital Producer / Product Owner
• Analytically driven to meet milestones and deliverables to fulfill stakeholder KPI's.
• Superior in technology stacks. Supervised Chinese integration team (SDK's - API's)
• Budgeted, supervised Int'l dev. team on graphic novel www.ScionsKingdom.com
• Budgeted, supervised Int'l dev. team on game-movie franchise www.TheGUUL.com
• Wrote stories. Monitored performance (Google analytics, ChartBoost, China analytics)
• Secured Chinese distribution for roster of mobile games including Tencent As In-House Counsel (lawyer)
• Built finance docs for institutional investors and SmartContracts for ICO investors.
• Analyzed new markets, trends, prepped ICO token entry to cryptocurrency blockchain.
• Superb GDPR/SEC compliance. Huge attention to tiny detail. Strong flexible critical thinker.
• Negotiated, drafted favorable deal memos / long form contracts.
• Identified risks, mitigated pitfalls, prepared exit strategies (SWOT). As Marketer
• Designed company catalogue. Defined clear strategy for tactical disruption.
• Growth hacked IP for "Market-Fit" via QA testing to build audience.
• Ran Facebook Ads & google AdWords (RTB) to maximize reach and conversion (ROI).
• Designed, tested and debugged game website for a 175% traffic increase (SEO).
• Monitored IOS/android developer accounts (monetization, retention, daily active users).
- Product Owner & In-House Counsel (Equity Position) at DREAMSTONE STUDIO
- Project Manager & Designer at PAYMAXS GAMES (Beverly Hills - Temp.)
- Various freelance & Part Time at APPLE - HONDA - JEEP CHRSYLER - ICON ARTS
- Product Owner & In-House Counsel (Equity Position) at TIGRIS ENTERTAINMENT
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- LLB (Hons) - Bachelor of Law
- BA (Hons) - Accounting & Finance
Retained by this top-50 independently owned tire and automotive repair company. Oversaw legal matters for corporation and six store locations consisting of 50 employees and generating annual revenue of $10M. Maintain corporate books and records. Ø Played key role in successful company acquisition, including: § Reviewed and negotiated letter of intent. § Performed all due diligence collaborating with outside M&A counsel and buyer's counsel, Covington & Burling LLP. § Drafted all schedules for asset purchase agreement and reviewed and negotiated acquisition agreement. § Negotiated Landlord consents for six locations. § Oversaw EPA inspections. § Researched and hired outside counsel specializing in M&A and environmental law to assist with details reducing or eliminating future liabilities for seller. Ø Reviewed and negotiated core business contracts with major tire manufacturers (Michelin, BF Goodrich, Uniroyal, Hankook, Pirelli) worth up to $3M. Ø Reviewed, negotiated and drafted commercial leases for six retail locations, including all renewals and amendments. Ø Researched and created risk management policies pertaining specifically to tire and auto industry liabilities. Counseled staff management and oversaw implementation of these policies to limit liability to corporation. Ø Provided legal counsel and advised on HR policies and procedures. § Drafted discipline and termination protocols and developed new employee handbook containing best employment practices. § Researched and created detailed job descriptions for all employment positions that defined expectations and increased accountability. Created needed operational documents including leave request, vacation request, incident reports and procedures, disciplinary action and procedures, and employment review and evaluations. § Handled employment needs including unemployment claims, worker compensation claims, complaints, and requests. Ø Performed research on a daily basis on a wide variety of issues, including employment law, property law, and fact situations. Ø Reviewed and approved marketing materials and correspondence with the Better Business Bureau and customers, avoiding unsubstantiated claims and potential liability.
- In-House Counsel at DEKALB TIRE CO
- Legal Intern at MCCALLA RAYMER, LLC
- Assistant Team Lead at PROMMIS SOLUTIONS, LLC
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Business Law Society
- Bachelor - Business Administration
• Represented the District in assigned litigation in state court ◦ Drafted and argued motions before the court; conducted witness depositions; collaborated with opposing counsel on discovery plans; drafted and answered written discovery; attended mediation and arbitration; interviewed witnesses; and negotiated settlement agreements
• Collaborated with outside counsel to provide legal support to the District finance group on public bond issues for new money bonds and bond refunding
• Held key role in managing the District's litigation hold, e-discovery, and evidence preservation program; worked with clients to implement a new chain of custody protocol for physical evidence
• Worked with internal clients to develop and pursue litigation goals that reflected the District's key values and long-term strategic objectives
• Negotiated, drafted, and reviewed a high volume of commercial contracts
• Conducted research and drafted memoranda on environmental, employment, and privacy laws
- In-House Counsel at Las Vegas Valley Water District
- Law Clerk at United States Attorney's Office for the District of Arizona
- Judicial Extern at The Hon. Paul E. Tang
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Environmental Law
- Master of Science - Geography
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics and Geography
• Reported directly to senior management and provided legal services to the private artist management company of one of the world's most famous contemporary musical stars who is a number one charting recording artist, multi-award-winning recording artist, and a popular national and international performing artist who just completed a world stadium tour in November 2018.
• Participated in short and long-term business planning and strategy initiatives related to the advertising, distribution, launching, marketing, and release of new albums, applications, merchandising, music, partnerships, performances, productions, singles, tours, videos, and websites, both with internal creative and business teams and external third-party partners and sponsors.
• Drafted, edited, managed, negotiated, and/or reviewed a plethora of entertainment-related artist, artist lender, and record label agreements, including, but not limited to concert and tour promotion, concert and tour vendor, construction, content licensing, declaration, digital marketing, distribution, endorsement, festival, film licensing, film production, IP licensing, letter of direction, location, magazine, media, merchandising, museum exhibit, music licensing, music video, new media, non-disclosure, partnership, recording, sponsorship, streaming, sync, talent, television, union, venue, work-for-hire, and waiver agreements.
• Drafted, edited, reviewed and/or supervised internal company and external third-party partner advertisements, content, contests, marketing, merchandising, social media posts, sweepstakes, and website materials for effective brand strategy and legal compliance.
• Supervised and managed the intellectual property aspects of the legal department with an international perspective, including managing domestic and international outside counsel and an internal paralegal; managing an extensive IP Portfolio consisting of various trademarks and copyrighted materials; managing an extensive domain name and gTLD Portfolio; preparing cease and desist letters; and supervising anti-piracy teams and tools, online brand protection, and DMCA takedowns.
• Utilized breadth and depth of legal knowledge, including knowledge of advertising, consumer, contract, copyright, construction, corporate, digital, entertainment, intellectual property, music, privacy, sweepstakes, and trademark law, along with a highly-developed business sense, to communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with senior members of the artist management team, public relations, and employees of all departments to identify legal issues, provide complex risk assessment, advise of best practices for legal compliance, create solutions and alternative options, and recommend strategic business decisions.
• Communicated, cooperated, and strategized with accountants and accounting staff regarding budgets, estimates, invoices, payments, and royalties in relation to contract drafting and negotiation, project management, and management of outside counsel.
• Managed corporate governance of numerous entities, including drafting corporate formation and annual documentation.
- In-house Counsel at 13 Management, LLC
- E-discovery Contract Attorney at NELSON MULLINS RILEY SCARBOROUGH LLP
- COUNSEL ON CALL at
- Associate Attorney at KITRICK
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- JURIS DOCTORATE
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - Psychology
Managing and maintaining an extensive intellectual portfolio comprised of trademarks, copyrights and some patents. Drafting and negotiating licensing agreements and product permissions. Implementing an intellectual property strategy to serve the commercial needs of the company. Filing for trademark and copyright protection with the USPTO and the Copyright office. Advising and counseling on employment issues, commercial disputes, contract interpretation and enforcement and miscellaneous corporate issues. Supervising litigation conducted by outside counsel to include input on documents and strategy, managing costs, and attending and participating in mediations
- In-House Counsel at Lisa Frank, Inc
- Contract Attorney at Montage Legal Group
- Associate at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear LLP
- Commercial litigation solicitor at various law firms
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- LLM candidate - merit scholar - Intellectual property
- - Business Ethics
- Bachelor of Laws - Law