IN HOUSE COUNSEL, EQUIPMENT & CONTROLS, INC., Lawrence, Pennsylvania. April, 2015 until present. Oversee all legal matters for a 300+ employee company, including matters pertaining to drafting and review of commercial contracts, corporate issues, employee issues (including discriminatory practices, employment and non-competition agreements), government regulation, oil and gas issues, real estate, commercial leases and licensing agreements.
- In House Counsel at Equipment & Controls, Inc.
- SOLE PROPRIETOR at LAW PRACTICE
- Partner, Tax at CROMWELL, BETZ AND LUSTIG
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- LL.M. in Taxation degree - Taxation
- J.D. degree
- - Business Administration
• Sole in-house counsel, currently representing several companies which include hospices, independent physician associations, clinics, healthcare management, and nutraceuticals/dietary supplements company.
• Draft, review, and negotiate various agreements, including but not limited to: vendor/procurement contracts, employment, service, independent contractor, lease, commercial property purchase, business purchase, license, management, and manufacture agreements.
• Work closely with and manage outside counsel for corporate mergers and acquisitions and corporate formation.
• Provide advice to executives and staff regarding legal risks, business strategy, and federal, state and local compliance. Review and deliver feedback on marketing materials and presentation documents for investors.
• Collaborate with Human Resources and research federal and state laws to develop the company's employment policies and employee handbook.
- In-House Counsel at Nexus MSO, LLC
- Contract Associate at Mobilitie, LLC
- Network Real Estate Specialist at Mobilitie, LLC
- Of Counsel at Shiraz Law Group
10 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - Japanese
Currently serving as In-House Counsel; reviews over 800+ contracts/documents per day and acts as the final signing attorney
● Manages and approves 200+ post-judgment executions per day
● Manages the bankruptcy department; assigns daily tasks, handles matters pertaining to chapter 7, 11, & 13 filings
● Successfully litigates debt collection cases; manages 50+ cases per month
● Negotiates with opposing attorneys and pro se litigants to advance settlement
● Skilled in pre-trial motions, preparing and responding to discovery requests, drafting memoranda of law, approving post-judgment executions
● Responsible for drafting settlement agreements between opposing parties and clients
● Conducts interviews for potential new hires and determines whether their qualifications meet the firm's standards
● Trains and mentors newly hired attorneys
● Advises the firm's employees as to whether certain procedures are in accordance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA); analyzes cases in order to ensure compliance with FDCPA and HIPAA standards
● Analyzes evidence presented and provides recommendation to clients regarding trial versus settlement, taking into account the best interest of the client
- In-House Counsel at Pressler, Felt and Warshaw LLP
- Legal Assistant at
- Associate Legal Assistant at The Law Office of Rose Tubito
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science and Criminal Justice
Urdu (speaking), LexisNexis, Westlaw, Catalyst, Relativity, Legal Research, Legal Writing, Contract Drafting, Logical Reasoning, Attention to Detail. LEGAL EXPERIENCE
American Soft Solutions Corp., Morganville, NJ
In-House Counsel April 2017-Present
• Represented the corporation in all aspects of trademark, transactional, and compliance in accordance with the law.
• Coordinated with departmental executives, predominately sales and administration, to develop contracts that led to successful sales of company laboratory software.
• Researched and drafted research memorandums addressing unique legal issues that could impact the company adversely.
• Conducted legal research, analyzed and evaluated legal documents and rules.
• Prepared and reviewed contracts involving a wide range of disciplines, including trademark registration, business service agreements, non-disclosures, intellectual property assignments, and software licensing agreements.
- In-House Counsel at American Soft Solutions Corp
- Volunteer Attorney (part-time) at Legal Services of New Jersey
- Contract Attorney at The Partners Group
- Contract Attorney at Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Leadership Development Certificate
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Cum Laude - Pre-Law
As an In-House Counsel - Business Immigration, represent the company before federal governmental agencies including various agencies of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Department of Labor. Responsible for all aspects of business immigration matters. Prepare and submit nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petition. Advise the company regarding legal issues related to compliance under the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 and related regulations. Prepare and file employment based immigration petitions on behalf of the foreign national employees, such as, Form I-129 nonimmigrant visa petition and Form I-140 immigrant visa petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS); PERM (Program Electric Review Management) Labor Certification (Form ETA 9089) petitions with the U.S. Department of Labor; responding to Request for Evidence (RFE) for Form I-129 and Form I- 140 petitions; responding to Audit Notification issued by the Department of Labor in connection with Labor Certification petitions. Oversee compliance of federal requirements, such as I-9 employment eligibility verifications, Title IX requirements, and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- In-House Counsel at MicroNet IT Solutions, Inc
- Associate Attorney at Ozisik, PLLC
- Law Clerk/Associate at Gehi & Associates, P.C
- Legal Analyst at Consilio India Pvt. Ltd
11 months at this Job
- LL.M. - Immigration Law
- LL.B. - (Bachelor of Laws) (3-years of graduate Legal Studies)
Balance In-House Counsel duties for a family of four companies with additional
management and operational duties while maintaining high quality work product
• Negotiate and draft contracts, amendments, and other agreements for clients, vendors, and employees
• Explain multifaceted contracts, legal opinions, and potential consequences of proposed actions to company executives in a clear and easy to understand manner
• Review and analyze contracts, leases, and other documents in preparation for mergers and acquisitions
• Perform extensive legal research across multiple jurisdictions for disputes, contracts, and to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations
• Respond to consumer and vendor complaints while utilizing dispute resolution skills in order to prevent the complaints from becoming liabilities
• Dispute complex insurance claim denials using both policy and legal arguments
• Translate intricate insurance policy provisions into layman 's terms for non-attorney teammates
• Manage outside counsel to keep expenses in check and ensure quality service is provided
• Evaluate internal compliance policies and procedures for accuracy and clarity and to ensure that policy's meet contractual obligations Assistant Vice President
• Promoted from Team Lead, to Supervisor, to Manager, to Assistant Vice President
• Oversee company-wide operations of a third-party administrator focused on filing and settling homeowner's insurance claims on properties in foreclosure.
• Work with executives across the company to plan for and solve complex issues including finances and operational opportunities
• Work closely with I.T. staff and developers to design, test, and implement substantial system updates to proprietary software systems
• Ensure that internal tracking systems work properly and design enhancements to increase productivity and reduce risk of missed deadlines
• Create and implement numerous processes, procedures, trainings, and feedback mechanisms to facilitate improvement across all client and internal quality metrics
• Improved quality assurance scorecards from an initial 73 % pass average to a nearly 100% pass average within one year
• Improved service level metrics scorecards from an initial 45% pass average to a 98% pass average within one year 1 [email protected]
• Review and dispute complex insurance settlements using a combination of policy and legal arguments to ensure fair and accurate resolution
• Dispute and overturn insurance denials for large, six figure losses to ensure clients receive fair compensation for the damage at the properties
• Coordinate and delegate responsibilities to ensure that the claim portfolio ranging from 500 to 1500 active claims, with a nationwide footprint
• Interview, hire, train, review, and discipline employees as necessary
- In-House Counsel at IProperty Claims
- Law Clerk at Law Offices of Ron Sholes, P.A
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
In-House attorney for a nationwide technology services and project management start-up company based in Kansas City, Missouri. Provide management and oversight of initial licensing and registration in a number of jurisdictions, lead the drafting, review, and negotiation of all company contracts, provide advice and counsel to management concerning finance and investment opportunities.
- In-House Counsel at ZUTEK LLC
- Project Attorney at United Lex
- Assistant General Counsel at Skinny IT Corp
- General Counsel at Installation and Service Technologies, Inc
4 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
- None - Law
- Bachelor's - Political Science
* Part-time in house corporate counsel for company which acquires, sells and outsources portfolios of defaulted consumer debt * Drafting, review and negotiation of contracts; preparation and submission of state licensing and registration applications; set up company policies and procedures for the outsourcing of portfolios of consumer debt for agencies the company conducts business with. * Designed standard operating procedures and compliance manual to guide and advise company's staff along with outsourced agencies. * Conduct on-site audits of the agencies with which the company transacts business.
- In House Counsel at ROCKY MOUNTAIN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
- Assistant Public Defender/Conflict Attorney at GIOVE LAW OFFICE, P.C
- Attorney at GIOVE LAW OFFICE, P.C
- Corporate Counsel at GREATER NIAGARA HOLDINGS, LLC
7 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
• Provided in-house counsel services to the private artist management company of one of the world's most famous contemporary musical stars who is a number one charting and multi-award-winning recording artist and a popular national and international performing artist, while reporting directly to senior management as the company's first in-house counsel and creating, developing, managing, and organizing the in-house legal department and its processes, procedures, and templates.
• Drafted, edited, managed, negotiated, and/or reviewed a plethora of entertainment-related artist, artist company, artist lender, and record label agreements, including, but not limited to, artist endorsement; artist recording and performance; brand sponsorship and activation; cancellation; catering; choreography; concert and tour promotion, photography and videography, release, vendor, and venue; construction; content licensing; costume and wardrobe; dancer performance; digital content; digital marketing; engineering (audio, staging, etc.); employment; fan appearance; fan event; festival performance; film licensing; film production; film release; guest performer; IP licensing; LED design and manufacture; lights and sound; letter(s) of direction for music publishing; lighting design; live event staging and technology; location release; machine manufacturing; magazine interview and photography release; marketing and promotion; media release; merchandise design; merchandise import, export, and shipping; merchandise manufacturing; museum exhibit; music distribution; music licensing; music mixing; music promotion; music publishing; music video; new media; non-disclosure; partnership; photography; photo-editing; photo editorial and distribution; producer; publicity; pyrotechnic; radio and wi-fi; radio performance; radio event promotion; rehearsal and venue rental; RFID sale and distribution; rigging; right of publicity; security; set design; shipping; stage barrier; stage design and manufacture; streaming; stylist and wardrobe; sync; talent; television appearance and performance; truck-wrapping; transportation (air cargo, carrier, trucking, etc.); union (AFM, SAG-AFTRA, etc.); venue; video content and editing; work-for-hire (artwork, costumes, digital content; photography, videography, sets, software, etc.); and waiver agreements.
• Utilized breadth and depth of legal knowledge, including knowledge of advertising, consumer, contract, copyright, construction, corporate, digital, entertainment, intellectual property, music, privacy, sweepstakes, and trademark law, to communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with senior members of the artist management team, public relations representatives, and employees of all departments, to identify legal issues, provide complex risk assessment, advise of best practices, create and explore alternative options, and recommend strategic business and legal solutions.
• Supervised and managed the intellectual property aspects of the legal department with an international perspective, including managing domestic and international outside counsel and an in-house IP paralegal; managing an extensive IP Portfolio consisting of various trademarks and copyrighted materials; supervising an extensive domain name and gTLD Portfolio; preparing cease and desist letters; and supervising anti-piracy tools, online brand protection, and DMCA takedowns.
• Communicated, cooperated, and strategized with in-house accountants and accounting staff regarding budgets, estimates, insurance, invoices, payments, and royalties in relation to contracts, management of outside counsel, and project management.
• Reviewed and analyzed insurance policies and certificates of insurance in connection with negotiating and finalizing contracts in tandem with the in-house senior accountant.
• Managed corporate governance of numerous entities, including drafting formation, dissolution, and annual governing documents.
• Assisted senior management and outside counsel with discovery in certain litigation matters.
- In-House Counsel at PRIVATE ARTIST MANAGEMENT COMPANY
- Associate Attorney at KITRICK, LEWIS, & HARRIS
- Assistant Attorney General, Consumer Protection Section at STATE OF OHIO, OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
- Assistant Prosecutor at MONTGOMERY COUNTY PROSECUTOR'S OFFICE
6 years at this Job
- JURIS DOCTORATE
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - Psychology
Currently, In House Counsel, Executive VP / management consultant for several high tech start-up companies. Immediately upon passing the bar exam, opened general practice law firm with eventual strategic focus upon business and corporate law and international commerce transaction management.
- Corporate In House Counsel at Private Practice
- at Professional Private Investor
- New Product and New Business Developer at PSCC, Colorado's
- CEO of Emory at Emory Medical Supply Company
8 years at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
- Juris Doctorate
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration