Translating insights, Trends & Capabilities into New Products, Tools & Solutions for Sales & Customers, 2016-Present · Most recent: serving as Marketing Strategist/(Agile Scrum) Product Owner at small business enterprise. Responsible for creating overall marketing strategy, leading training and marketing communication efforts, and kicking off church initiative. (Thrivent 2018) - earned Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification in October 2018; additional Agile Project Management Training (Sep-Oct 2018) · Led research, analysis efforts on key industry trends, reporting out findings, developing marketing action plans. (Skyline 2018) · Implemented confidential state assessments, standards with rubric validation methodologies. (DRC 2017-2018) · Created strategic marketing plans for community development bank, health & wellness company, and non-profit organization.
- Independent Marketing Consultant at MARKETING CONSULTANT/CONTRACTOR
- Product Portfolio Manager and Marketing Manager, Product Innovation at SUNOPTA, INC
- Interim National Marketing Director, Headquarters at FEED MY STARVING CHILDREN
- Marketing Manager, Strategic Growth Platforms at THE SCHWAN FOOD COMPANY
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Certification Scrum Product Owner
- Executive Education--Certification Programs - • Agile Project Management Class, earned UST-CAP certification, May 2018 • Digital Advertising Solutions & Strategic Social Media Marketing, 2016 • Internet Marketing Essentials, 2016 • Six Sigma Yellow Belt, 2016 • Mini-Master of Project Management, 2014 • Business Analytics, using Microsoft Excel, 2013
- Master's of Business Administration - Business Administration
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering/Computer Science
Senior Brand/Marketing Consultant Provides brand development, media and creative direction for a wide range of Tech, Media, Financial and Healthcare clients.
- Independent Marketing Consultant at Tech, Financial and Healthcare
- Marketing Director at CHANGE HEALTHCARE
- Creative Team Leader at CHANGE HEALTHCARE
- Director at LEGACY INSTRUCTION MEDIA
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Graduate Studies - Philosophy and Mythology
I currently work as a freelance marketing service provider to a variety of different companies, all with varying marketing needs. These services include content management, content editing, proofreading, copywriting, content calendars, personal branding, website content creation, website and blog creation, and social media management. My content portfolio is currently at clippings.me/rachellynngarris
- INDEPENDENT MARKETING CONSULTANT at Rachel Garris Marketing
- CONTENT STRATEGIST at BRAINSTORM, INC
- MARKETING MANAGER at INTHINC TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS, INC
- MARKETING COORDINATOR at INTHINC TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS, INC
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- High School Diploma
Independent consultant focused on brand strategy, digital marketing strategy and new program launches for B2C clients. Projects by client include:
• Hanalei Beauty Company: Overseeing marketing teams to develop a brand narrative that connects Hanalei to its audiences in relevant and meaningful was. Developing holistic marketing plans for product and program launches to drive sales, awareness, engagement and loyalty. When business opportunities arise, generate pitch decks and business plans. Screen and manage new PR agencies and freelance partners to help execute short and long term goals.
• Elizabeth Mott Cosmetic Company: Spearheading efforts to define positioning and strategy for development of Elizabeth Mott's first-ever Korean skincare product line slated to launch in 2019. Deciding on the right channels and platforms for advertising at each stage of the journey.
• Big Island Coffee Roasters: Refining brand positioning and customer segmentation to serve as a foundation for all future marketing activations. Developing a new email series strategy and to ensure content is deployed to the right audiences at each stage of their journey. Building brand, social media and email calendars to feed briefs and set forth go forward marketing plans.
- Independent Marketing Consultant at Love, Caramella LLC
- DIRECTOR, DIGITAL ENGAGEMENT at TOYS AND BABIES "R"
- DIRECTOR, BRAND MARKETING at Toys 'R' Us
- SENIOR MANAGER, BRAND MARKETING at Toys 'R' Us
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Bachelor's - Finance Major and Fashion Merchandising Minor
Consultant to companies and non-profits seeking expertise in branding, positioning, digital/social and content optimization, multicultural marketing, and sponsorships.
- Independent Marketing Consultant at KLC MARKETING LLC
- Director of Marketing at VERIZON WIRELESS
- Independent Marketing Consultant, Oxford Strategic Marketing at KLC MARKETING LLC
- Director, Branding & Partnership Marketing, Avis Rent a Car System, LLC at AVIS BUDGET GROUP
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Marketing
- BFA - Advertising Design
• Work as a consultant has included business analysis, digital and traditional marketing, communications and public relations, social media, graphic design, web design, photography, and videography
• Work with business owners, executives, elected officials, and other key stakeholders to identify opportunities and solve organizational challenges through analysis and recommending solutions
• Most recently worked under a long-term contract with the Village of Schaumburg throughout 2018
- Independent Marketing Consultant at Self-employed
- Chairman, Sponsorship & Promotions, Septemberfest at Village of Schaumburg
- Production Assistant, Department of Cultural Services at Village of Schaumburg
- Marketing Director at Westgate Dental Care
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master's - Master of Business Administration - MBA
- Bachelor's - Arts, Entertainment, and Media Management
While looking for a full-time position, I'm available as a full service consumer and B2B marketing consultant specializing in market research, strategic planning, brand, and product line development.
- Independent Marketing Consultant at .
- Brand Marketing Manager at Hickory Farms, LLC
- Marketing Manager at North American Bancard
- Marketing Program Manager, Corporate, B2B at Borders Group, Inc
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - Psychology
• Integrate new lead generation classification concept into corporate marketing program
• Develop web design and customer campus follow-through programs
• Analyze national market data for emerging markets and key prospects
• Implement marketing strategies to cultivate key referral accounts
- Independent Marketing Consultant at Tech Bear, Inc
- Campaign Manager at Tro, Inc
- Operations Manager at Stanford & Sons Comedy Club
- Telemarking Specialist at Sprint Telecom
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- - Communications
Event marketing, sponsorship development and trade agreements
• Special projects and corporate presentations
• Non-profit mediation and platform development
- Independent Marketing Consultant at Self
- Regional Director Utah/Nevada at National Wild Turkey Federation
- National Director of Sales at Bloomington Offset Printing
- Director of Live Event Sales at Clear Channel Entertainment
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
- Associate in Arts
Applying skills to a wide range of projects. Examples are:
• Overcame multiple obstacles to obtain regulatory approval for a microwave driven ultra-low latency market data offering in South Korea. Project managed implementation of same, generated sales, and created all marketing materials for a start-up.
• Project managed implementation of a market data offering for a data network provider; determined offering functionality, pricing, competitive positioning, unique selling features.
• Conducted in-depth competitive analysis and product review for a major supplier of market data systems.
• Wrote RFP and managed evaluation process for a securities firm seeking to implement a new global HFT platform
• Expanded a trading software provider by instituting a real-time, Internet driven, SaaS offering.
• Collaborated with financial market data provider in raising additional investment capital.
- Independent Marketing Consultant at many
- Director Marketing at Essex Radez LLC
- Vice President Marketing at InfoDyne Corporation
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- MS Management - Management and Leadership
- BA - New York