• Optimizing the Factory layout and Process flow using ergonomic assessments and Lean Manufacturing principles.
• Designed a 3 Factory Layouts based on required annual volume and throughput.
• Improved UPPH of Assembly line by 32%, implementing Vision Inspection system, Light Guided Assembly & Line Balancing.
• Designed and developed assembly poke-yoke Jigs and Fixtures resulting in savings of 14 % process time.
• Responsible for Design & Development of a Panel Manufacturing Cleanroom, Material Infeed and Manufacturing Process.
• Launched 5 NPI projects which involved manufacturing modelling, process planning, head count model & risk mitigation.
• Provided technical expertise for vendor selection and qualified the vendors based on their performance of engineering builds
• Part of the cross functional team responsible for implementation of Industry 4.0, assembly line automation & mobile robots.
• Create standard time and UPH capacity simulation model to improve forecasting, production planning & order management.
• Created and revised SOPs, Inspection requirements and procedures.
• Participated in various internal Audits.
• Optimized material flow path through the factory layout to ensure 28% space utilization and vehicular movement.
- Industrial Engineer/Manufacturing Engineer - Engineering, Foxconn at Industrial Engineer - AFE.Inc
- Supply Chain Intern - Supply Chain at Wabash National
- Assistant Manager at Strategic Sourcing, AVTEC LIMITED
- Graduate Engineer - Supply Chain Management at Strategic Sourcing, AVTEC LIMITED
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Industrial Engineering - Industrial Engineering
- Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
Serving in multiple concurrent roles: Industrial Engineer: Lean Manufacturing Process Improvement, labor standards & costing, manufacturing process design & SOP, budgeting support.
Quality Supervisor: Internal process auditor & lead audit defense. Maintain quality & efficiency standards according to ISO 9001. Supervision of quality technicians. Quality data analysis via Pareto & SPC tools. Corrective & preventative action (CAPA) implementation & management.
EHS Coordinator: Implemented & train health & safety programs for OSHA compliance. Chair safety committee & implement related projects.
• Start-up: Founding staff member of new Vehicle Processing Center
• Implemented Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure compliance of automotive accessory installation & logistic processes. QMS registered to ISO 9001:2008. Upgraded to 9001:2015 in 2018.
• Internal consultant for process improvement & quality (ISO9001) for sister sites at Nissan, Subaru, Ford, and Honda facilities.
- Industrial Engineer at Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics
- Lean Implementation Engineer at Volvo Parts
- Manufacturing Engineer at Volvo Parts
- Industrial Engineer Consultant at Case New Holland
8 years, 1 month at this Job
- B.S. - Industrial Engineering
- B.S. - Chemical Engineering
NEW YORK, NY
The digital solutions division of Phillips Pet Food & Supplies; tackling complex operational and technological challenges for pet industry brands so their focus can remain on customers and sales. PHIDO utilizes the infrastructure of Petflow, an e-commerce retailer also under the Phillips umbrella.
Heavily involved in warehouse operation efficiency and supply chain strategy, while indirectly managing the 4 warehouse supervisors.
• Conceptualize, plan, and project manage all warehouse improvement/optimization projects with a projected annualized savings of $200,000.
• Develop cost models/pricing structure and set up the warehouse processes for our add on item program and 3PL services. Supply Chain
• Revamp the wholesale and pick, pack, and ship pricing strategies for our "Endless Aisles" retailer drop ship program to increase our average margin per order by 7 percentage points while maintaining rapid growth within the program.
• Overhaul our purchasing strategy to lower inventory levels by 18% while maintaining a 97% fill rate. 2014-2017 2014-2017
- Industrial Engineer at PHIDO - A PHILLIPS COMPANY
- Industrial Engineer at PHILLIPS PET FOOD & SUPPLIES
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
Industrial Engineer · Builds and maintains multi-variable standards, including the performance of time studies, regularly scheduled standard validation, best-method development, documentation, and training. · Builds understanding and gains "buy-in" of approved standards by the appropriate DC personnel. · Prepares and maintains documentation for each operation describing methods and procedures, engineering notes, engineering records (such as time study data), standards, and pay variable definitions. · Produces various performance reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. · Meets weekly as part of the DC management team to keep apprised of issues and opportunities, lending the engineering perspective to guide the facility towards the most ideal and strategic course of action. · Provide inputs into the budget process relating to direct labor models and staffing plan. · Supports facility layout design and ergonomic studies to increase productivity while maintaining safety. · Produces cost-benefit analysis and capacity analysis. · Supports process improvements including Six Sigma Lean, Kaizen events, rapid improvement events. · Supports other business functions/partners as necessary. Operations Supervisor · Worked closely with management and Engineering to add gravity feeds into an induction point allowing additional the processing of additional conveyable freight. · Led and maintained 120% or higher performance in two different departments at the same time on Night Shift. · Nominated and selected to represent the Distribution Center in the NASCAR Race for the Chase celebration in North Carolina. Engineering Department · Participated in the time study process to move approximately 180 hours per week used on Commack to On Standard hours. · Send out weekly performance graph for 3 shifts to track progress. · Assisted in correcting daily performance error logs for the operations team. · Participated in project to improve Outbound operation.
- Industrial Engineer at Lowe’s Regional Distribution Center 961
- General Warehouse Associate at The Home Depot Rapid Deployment Center 5221, Westfield
- Area Supervisor at The Home depot rapid deployment center 5221
- Ramp Agent at DGS Delta Airline
2 years, 6 months at this Job
• Developed a plan for every part (PFEP) for more than 1800 SKU’s which lead to an average reduction of 20% in inventory levels
• Based on the PFEP analysis, developed a slotting plan for raw materials and finished goods inventory resulting in an effective pick process
• Integrated WASP inventory management system with Profitkey ERP and implemented the use of barcoding resulting in an increase in inventory accuracy from 83% to 98% (Results obtained from inventory audit)
• Developed a material delivery route for the material handler which resulted in the reduction of WIP and efficient flow of materials
• Established engineered labor standards for all products, automated the process of labor reporting by implementing barcoding which resulted in annual cost savings of $120,000 Industrial Engineer Co-op
• Conducted stopwatch time studies for all critical processes, identified and rectified bottlenecks resulting in significant reduction in cycle times
• Set up one-piece flow (OPF) cells for Immersion, Crankcase, Ceramic, Standard Cartridge heaters and balanced the line resulting in production lead time reduction from 4 weeks to 1 week
• Worked cross-functionally with the product engineer and team leads, to modify BOM’s and production routers
• Modified the plant layout for a 75,000 square feet facility in AutoCAD and implemented multiple Kaizen projects
• Eliminated the process of kitting and set up a two bin Kanban system which resulted in annual cost savings of $ 60,000
• Prepared a detailed capacity model for Finned Strip, Standard Cartridge and Bottom Outlet heater production lines using Excel Macro based on cycle time and takt time analysis
• Updated reorder points and quantities for all active raw material SKU’s based on usage and supplier lead times resulting in prevention of stock-outs
• Analyzed the reorder points for tubing
- Industrial Engineer at Backer Hotwatt
1 year, 6 months at this Job
• Industrial Engineer for GMC and CHEVY_2020 Heavy duty truck launch program at Flint assembly.
• Developed and maintained the Plan for Every Part (PFEP) documentation with all the required data.
• Implemented Lean Material Strategy (LMS) to reduce the material congestion on assembly line side.
• Reduced Nonvalue-added time by 27% and material complexity on assembly lineside by 54% by implementing efficient LMS cell.
• Created a master schedule with quantities and dates to help coordinate activities and improve installation planning for 162 LMS Cells.
• Designed and developed 2D and 3D layouts for sequencing cells, kit cells, Material storage and Material flow using AutoCAD.
• Performed time studies for the LMS cells to calculate operator utilization by using Standard time data System (STDS) software.
• Performed audits on monthly basis to ensure the Kitting and Sequence cell are meeting LMS Standards.
• Delivered correct commodities to the point of use by implementing mistake-proofing technics.
• Transformed the whole plant from Fork to Fork free material delivery to the assembly lines in regard to Human safety.
• Purchased and implemented $ 5,000,000 worth Material handling equipment in allover general assembly areas in regard to Fork free material Delivery.
• Achieved better plant internal material flow. Reduced manpower by 9%.
• Increased the In-House storage 36% by implementing the shared space strategy.
• Eliminated offsite warehouse worth $170,000/month resulted in cost savings of $ 2,000,000/year.
• Creatively helping the plant to establish new innovative ways to present material and deliver material in regard to Global Manufacturing System (GMS).
- Industrial Engineer at The Productivity Team, LLC
- Industrial Engineer at Design Systems, Inc
1 year at this Job
- Masters of Science - Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology - Mechanical Engineering
Contributing member of Industrial Engineering team reshoring product for the company.
• Reviewed product assembly and made recommendations for improvements to design for manufacturing and developed process methods for startup of manufacturing for reshored products.
• Developed material presentation racks and carts for a wide variety of components at assembly stations of new production lines. Worked with multiple technologies to choose best solution for each application and budget.
• Defined tooling varying from hand tools, to inline drivers and accessories, to lifting equipment for product assembly and managed acquisition from supplier to assembly user. Recommended alternative sources for items saving the group thousands of dollars.
- Industrial Engineer at KONE Americas (contractor through Ranger Staffing)
- Product/Manufacturing Engineer and Facilities Leader at CREATION TECHNOLOGIES
- Process Development Engineer at SANMINA-SCI
- Senior SMT Process Engineer at ALCATEL USA
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
Bilingual industrial engineer which focuses on the optimizacion and the use of human technical and informational resources as well as the optimal management of the transformation systems applied in fields of personal wealth knowledge informational equipment, energy materials and processes in order obtain high quality products or useful services that satisfies society and with high regard to the environment specialized in production knowledge simulation operations research methods engineering data management production control and statistics as well as knowledge of finance and administrative services and economics.
- Industrial Engineer at Element e liquid
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Industrial engineer
Contracted by Selectek, Inc. to work for Hoshizaki America as an Industrial Engineer to perform time-and-motion studies, identifying current process flow, actual timing of the process, recording of the data and rating of employee labor.
- Industrial Engineer at Selectek, Inc
- Inventory Control Specialist at Boise Cascade
- Assistant Manager at QuikTrip
2 months at this Job
- - Industrial Engineering Technology
• Carefully studied manufacturing process of different garment lines and created demand v/s supply patterns to formulate efficient production to meet demands through the year.
• Made vital improvements in the quality norms of the company to ensure it meets customer expectations.
• Lead several vendor projects with specific requirements and completed the orders before lead time.
• As a Industrial engineer reviewed the company EOQ (Economic Order quantity) and re-organized inventory for better operation during production.
• Analyzed and reviewed inventory to minimize spoilage.
• Proficient knowledge in Supply Chain Planning, Operation Management, Production, Quality Control, Manufacturing Processes, and Logistic.
- Industrial Engineer at LAW OF LIFESTYLE
- Intern at LAW OF LIFESTYLE
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master's - Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor's - Mechanical Engineering