Performed Field activities using SOPs including onsite Phase I inspections, Phase II sample collection, oversight of sub-contractors and participation in Environmental remedial actions. Write up of field data and reports in Excel and Word. * EE&G Environmental Services, Miami Lakes, FL July 2017- Current Industrial Hygienist
- Industrial Hygienist at Excel and Word
- Field Scientist at CRB Geological & Environmental Services. Inc
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Local and Global Environment - environmental
To provide excellence in Health and Safety in all areas of construction. Carol has more than 14 years of experience in Construction and Utility Health & Safety Field and Industrial Hygienist work. Honored with a safety recognition award and featured in the URS Financial Report for outstanding safety. In addition Ms. Remse also has experience on environmental sites including oversight, material sampling, air quality investigations and employee exposure monitoring. The Lawson Group - 2018 to present - Safety Manager for State Electric Corporation, (SEC) as a consultant. Carol provided corporate safety for over 500 employees on 40+ construction sites. Including incident investigation risk analysis along with OSHA 300 log reporting, OCIP/CCIP, new employee on-boarding and orientation, work site training, tool box talks, . Working with contractor such as Bond Brothers, Skanska, Turner and JMA to incorporate safe environments in all construction environments.
- Industrial Hygienist at Construction and Utility Health & Safety Field
- at The Lawson Group
- Woburn MA, Industrial Hygienist at CARDNO ATC
- Health & Safety Supervisor West Point Academy NY at URS Corporation
1 year at this Job
- Certificate in Business
Full time professional industrial hygienist on S3's Synergy Achieving Consolidated Operations and Maintenance (SACOM) contract at NASA's Stennis Space Center and Michoud Assembly Facility.
Provides support by means of exposure assessments, indoor air quality, ergonomics, hazard
communication, health and safety training, hearing conservation, food services sanitation, heat stress,
respiratory protection, and local exhaust ventilation assessments for the facility employees supporting
rocket engine testing and facilities maintenance. Practical knowledge and understanding of local, state,
and federal environmental, safety, and health principles, theories, procedures, laws, regulations, and guidance.
● Performs industrial hygiene activities, including, but not limited to, qualitative and quantitative IH surveys, air sampling/monitoring, noise surveys, review of SDSs, indoor air quality surveys, and review of construction specific health and safety plans
● Conducts EHS training including Hazard Communication, Hearing Conservation, Respiratory Protection, Ergonomics, Lead and Heavy Metals, Asbestos, and PCBs
● Performs exposure monitoring for agents including hexavalent chromium, welding fumes, methylene chloride, formaldehyde, isocyanates, mercury, metal working fluids, nitric acid, hydrogen fluoride, and crystalline silica
● Works closely with Medical to determine appropriate medical surveillance for employees and investigates Standard Threshold Shifts for employees enrolled in the Hearing Conservation Program
● Writes, maintains, and implements several EHS programs including Hazard Communication, Hearing Conservation, Heat Stress, Ergonomics, Ventilation, Respiratory Protection, Reproductive and Developmental Health, and Indoor Air Quality
● Operates equipment including MultiRae PID, Quest Sound Level Meters and Dosimeters, TSI IAQCalc, TSI VelociCalc, Quick Take, Gillian, and AirCheck Pumps, TSI DustTrak
● Reports on the storage, use, and releases of hazardous chemicals required by EPA's Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA)
● Participates in and supports company audits in the areas of OSHA VPP, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, and other internal agency audits
- INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST at SYNCOM SPACE SERVICES, LLC
- INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST at JACOBS TECHNOLOGY
- INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE TECHNICIAN at JACOBS TECHNOLOGY
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Public Health in Industrial Hygiene - Toxicology, biostatistics
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering - physiology, microbiology, biochemistry
Industrial Hygienist formerly known as "Associate Chemist")/HazMat Specialist
August 2009 - Present
• Member of the Radiological Response Team, Environmental Sampling and BAR Team.
• Manage and oversee hazardous waste clean-up sites.
• Respond to chemical unknowns, odor complaints and unsafe chemical storage throughout all five boroughs in New York City.
• Conduct qualitative analysis of unknown chemical samples reported throughout all five boroughs in New York City.
• Inspect city businesses that hold reportable quantities of chemicals listed in the SARA Community Right-to-Know laws.
• Label and segregate hazardous materials, as well as determine the most cost-effective contractor for disposal of the materials.
• Identify monthly proficiency samples in preparation for field analysis.
• Encounter chemicals and potential biological hazards during emergency response for which I have developed skills with various personal protection equipment, including but not limited to, Tyvek suits, Jetguard suits, hard hats, respirators, self-contained breathing apparatus and fully enclosed level A suiting.
• While donning PPE, perform chemical testing (HazCat) in the field and implement analytical techniques to support field-testing or identify unknown substances to determine the method of disposal.
• Detect hazardous gases and vapors with electronic meters, including but limited to, MiniRae, MultiRae, VRae, AreaRae, RKI, Victoreen, Jerome, Lumex, and Ludlum.
• Prepare supplies and remove samples from daily air monitoring in conjunction with the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene for the Department of Homeland Security Biowatch Program
• Manage and stock the response vehicle, as well as stock rooms within the office. CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSEWORK
•Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response; Environmental Protection Agency- 165.15- 40-hour HazMat Tech Course: Emergency Services Unit; Annual HAZWHOPER 8-hour Refresher Course; Consolidated Edison: Utility Hazard Training; ESU Vehicle Training; Department of Transportation; Hazardous Materials Training; Annual Hazardous Categorization Testing Field identification course; FEMA Emergency Management Institution Certification, including ICS-100.a, ICS-100.HE, ICS-200.a, ICS-300, ICS-700.a; NYC Radiological Response and Recovery Team; Traffic Work Zone Safety Training; Annual Medical. CDL Class B, HazMat Endorsment, Stepping up to Supervision
- Industrial Hygienist at New York City Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
9 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Biological Sciences
Tony is presently employed as a Senior Industrial Hygienist and Safety Officer. He currently serves as the Health and Safety Program facilitator and is currently working on implementation of NV5’s Corporate Health and Safety Plan (CHASP) and assisting WRPS in creating their Industrial Hygiene Manual (IHM). He is editing, writing, updating and designing the CHASP and supporting procedures for both NV5 and WRPS. These programs include electrical safety, Lockout/Tagout, Emergency Response, OS&H Monitoring, Excavation/Shoring/Trenching, Hearing Conservation, Ergonomics, Exposure Assessments, and Hearing Conservation. For the last few years, Tony supported clients on multiple site locations in Michigan, California, and Arizona as a Site Safety Officer. Tony provided safety oversight, performance of field inspections and assessments, and participated at the Plan of the Day meetings. He assisted the Project Manager(s) and site employees in performance of Safety & Health related tasks. His duties included facility inspection and assessments, writing Health and Safety Plans, establishing safety incentive plans, providing working knowledge for site improvement plans, implementing fall hazard protection criteria, training for hazardous waste operations and establishing periodic assessments of facility safety controls. In total he has over 6 years’ experience as Site Safety oversite.
- Senior Industrial Hygienist at NV5 Holdings, Inc.
- OH&S Hazard Assessor at Concurrent Technology Corp
- Site Safety Officer at Federal Engineers & Constructors
- Industrial Hygienist, Tony at Southwest Research Institute
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Occupational Safety and Health
o Attained status of Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and Certified Safety Professional (CSP) o Conducts site visits to identify and address health and safety issues with a focus on illness/injury prevention o Applies industrial hygiene principles to assess exposures such as noise, air quality, and heat stress o Prepares technical reports communicating the findings of health and safety assessments o Performs incident investigations to determine the root cause of injuries/illnesses o Reviews all abatement actions and information to ensure hazards are corrected
- Senior Industrial Hygienist at Iowa Workforce Development
- Safety and Health Officer at Iowa Workforce Development
- Environmental Safety and Health - Site Lead at Monsanto Company
- Graduate Research Assistant at University of Iowa
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- MS - Occupational Health and Industrial Hygiene
- BS - Environmental Science
- BA - Biology
Job Title: Corporate Health and Safety Trainer/Industrial Hygienist. 5yrs. 3mos. Employer: Pettit Environmental, 340 Byrne Ave. Louisville KY 40208 Performed all safety program management duties at three regional offices. Conducted job safety audits at customer locations. Provided professional training to all employees to meet OSHA, DOT and EPA requirements. Provided comprehensive industrial hygiene services at Pettit offices and for customers in KY and IN. Maintained employee training records and ensured customer training obligations were met. Maintained an EMR rate at 0.72 and lower. Performed first aid on injured employees when needed and assessed the need for evacuation for advanced care. ACCOMPLISHMENTS: - Taught 40 hr. and 8 hr. HAZWOPER Courses to all field employees and drivers with40% trained as Onsite Incident Commanders. - Taught the DOT HAZMAT Course to all field staff. - Trained all employees in CPR, AED use and first aid. - Collected personal air samples, wipe samples and noise mapping in manufacturing facilities. Job Title: Industrial Hygienist. 3yrs. 6mos. Employer: Blanchfield Army Community Hospital, 650 Joel Drive, Fort Campbell, KY 42223 Perform industrial hygiene surveys of all Directorate of Public Works shops, and administrative offices. I conducted department level administrative and industrial ergonomic assessments and enter all data collected into the DOEHRS-IH database. Conducted air sampling for chemicals, asbestos and mold, noise, ventilation and light measurements as needed to evaluate personnel exposures. ACCOMPLISHMENTS: - Identified a potential back injury within the processes of the Locksmith Shop. Assessed the hazard, recommended corrective actions with post wide application. - Identified and initiated correction of an electrical shock hazard in the Medical Warehouse installed 10 years earlier during a renovation. - Identified a post wide deficiency in Fall Protection and Arc flash training. Worked with Installation safety to correct the deficiencies. Job Title: Environmental Health and Safety Manager 6mos. Employer: Graphic Packaging International, 6820 Enterprise Drive, Louisville, KY, 40214 Ensured the environmental, health, safety and security of the plant and personnel. Prepare corporate safety and environmental reports monthly. Maintain documentation and conduct activities required to remain in compliance with the EPA. Train and maintain an emergency response team on three shifts. Conducted daily and weekly inspections of the plant for industrial hygiene, safety and environmental violations. ACCOMPLISHMENTS: - Saved approximately $90,000 with a drum recycling program. - Improved wastewater treatment and disposal, saving over $100,000 by acquiring Metropolitan Sewer District approval to redirect wastewater leaving the plant. - Prepared and submitted an Air Emissions Inventory and the SARA Tier II Report. - Identified deficiencies in the fire alarm system and implemented corrective actions. Job Title: Supervisory, Industrial Hygienist/ Safety Officer. 7 yrs. 4 mos. Employer: Louisville VA Medical Center, 800 Zorn Ave Louisville, KY 40206 Manage the overall operations of the Safety Office at the Louisville VAMC. Provide direct supervision of the Safety and Health Manager, Emergency Management Coordinator and GEMS/DECON/Respiratory Program Coordinator. I advised management on all aspects of industrial hygiene, safety, environmental management, and emergency management. I maintained the medical center MSDSs and chemical inventory by performing unannounced and annual inspections each department hazardous chemical storage areas. Recruited and trained a 30-member DECON Team. ACCOMPLISHMENTS: - Received "Honorable Mention" in the FY 2006 VA Environmental Excellence Award Program for the development of a recycling program for Ethanol. - FY 2007: "Honorable Mention" in the White House Closing the Circle Award for development of a recycling program for expired IV fluids. - Became a Certified Ergonomics Assessment Specialist in 2007. Job Title: Environmental, Health and Safety Manager 1yr. 7 mos. Employer: Parallel Products, 1620 Bernheim Lane Louisville, KY 40210 Managed the plant's environmental, health and safety programs by providing direction and guidance to managers and supervisors. Ensured compliance with all Federal, State and Local environmental laws. Ensured all hazardous waste was properly manifested and disposed of in approved facilities. ACCOMPLISHMENTS: - Conducted a job hazard analysis for every position and task in the plant with corrective actions. - Worked with plant manager, engineers and architects to design and construct a recycling process line that engineered out the safety and health problems on the existing process lines. - Managed the accident reporting and workman's compensation program. Reduced on the job injuries and by 75% and OSHA recordable injuries by 50%. - Successfully prepared the plant for the 2003 corporate audit by correcting deficiencies from the previous unsuccessful audit. Job Title: Industrial Hygienist, Safety and Security Manager 1yr. 8mos. Employer: Arch Chemical Company, Brandenburg, KY 40108 Served as the IH and Safety Manager for Arch Chemicals. Provided IH and Safety oversight and annual inspections of corporate facilities in Venezuela, France, Italy and Spain. Conducted site visits to customer manufacturing plants to conduct air sampling of our products during use to demonstrate their low emission levels. ACCOMPLISHMENTS: - Evaluated employee exposures to numerous chemicals for example, dust, acrylonitrile, styrene, ethylene oxide. - Investigated, identified and corrected the source of elevated employee Ethylene Oxide exposures. - Conducted isocyanate sampling at two furniture manufacturing plants that used our products to demonstrate low emission levels are emitted during use and curing. Identified, reported and provided corrective action recommendations to plant management concerning a crushing hazard and ergonomic hazards observed during a site visit at a Wisconsin furniture manufacturing plant.
- Health and Safety Trainer/Industrial Hygienist at Pettit Environmental Inc
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- BS degree in Biology - Biology
I provide any professional services for disaster recovery hurricanes, tornados and chemical emergencies. I provide supervision and advise to maintain the highest level of customer services. Often conducting safety training, mobilization of teams and suuplies and emergency services. Government contracting e.g. trained Scott Air Force Base Global Command Center spill response team. In addition, perform EHS as an analyst or surveys for compliance with OSHA, EPA and DOT others radiation, biological, or chemical hazards utilizing instrumentation and sampling methods to obtain qualitative and quantitative data then conducts calculations for exposure assessments and interpret results for recommending administrative, engineering controls and thereafter Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) if needed to prevent exposure in the workplace. I service industrial hygiene manufacturing like chemical facilities or refineries, metal like safety plan for Simko Industries Process Plate and other clients’ needs designing complete EHS programs and training. I am a project manager for any field activities implementing work plans and Quality. I have been in the U.S. Army supply and have supervised crews of project specialists after storms. Registered Professional Industrial Hygienist performing as Safety Director for Chicago Safety Institute a number of years my vast experience and education is unique combining a number of industrial hygiene professional specialist areas for environmental, general engineering, medical, management, legal affairs, manufacturing, refinery demolition and decommissioning safety providing certificate of DOT compliance, audits, heavy construction, facilities plant safety, QA/QC, hospitals and projects Leader for Project Managers reporting to me. Site Safety Officer II, USACOE Superfund site. * 23 years of USACOE site safety management experience * Current EM 385 certification. * Valid First Aid / CPR training * Lots of continuing education completed in total over the last 3 years. * Current Medical Clearance and passed drug test & background check. Supervised other on industrial hygiene projects. This experience enables me to recognize all types of hazards, evaluate, design, cost estimating, and develop any EHS controls. These are to implement safety programs and EHS systems. With formal Industrial Hygienist expertise as a refinery contractor industrial hygiene program developer, industrial hygiene consulting. I have Global IH/EHS Sales and Procurement Specialties, carry out regulatory affairs the Code of Federal Regulations Corporate Advisor for legal Affairs, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Site Safety Officer with reports EHS specialists, for any type of hazard recognition, Loss and Risk Control, and perform work as a Business Analyst. Perform task regularly or advising others to develop programs for regulatory compliance: training, Process Safety Management (PSM), Chemical Hygiene Plans (CHP), safety, technical operations plans or others. I help with EPA permitting, spill plans air water Etc., implement OSHA Hazard Communication and Global Harmonization (GHS), reviews and standards for SDS compliance. Administrative duties that I perform are advanced business management with accounting utilizing databases of Spreadsheets, with a number of personnel reports in administrative tasks, reception, sales and engineers. I provide emergency management and administration services with independent contractors, to include interaction with a wide variety of people. They are often from broad range of cultures and I have great interpersonal skills to deal with any matter. In business I am maintaining files, data, financial documents, scheduling, monitor account receivables or payables. Department of Transportation (DOT) trained and handled FMCSA since 1986. I also chaired a safety committee for municipal and with department leadership attended leading the committee myself as an safety analyst. Expert in all aspects of Hazardous Waste and Emergency Response Management. First, operating Chicago Safety Institute conducting HAZWOPER training. Examples of my specialized experience are serving domestic contractors for refinery operations and international customers for US Military Radar Station and DOE work. In addition, to formerly serving as an Industrial Hygienist for a VA Medical Center/Health Care System obtaining a valuable working knowledge and in private sector to work as a Senior Industrial Hygienist and at FEMA IMCORE PA Crew Leader; as I sometimes worked HCSSCSI as a second job working two jobs. Tasked with developing and advising on a comprehensive Industrial Hygiene programs for companies located throughout the nation. I do air monitoring and conduct workplace inspections to determine compliance with Federal and Global Harmonization System (GHS), OSHA health and safety standards and regulations. Help handle any compliance issue during OSHA inspections or inquiries. In addition, possess a number of years of private sector industrial hygiene and by recently 2015 worked for Hendy Company, Super Safety or Chicago Safety Institute conducting a wide variety of industrial hygiene services and advising personnel in hospitals and industry. Industrial Hygiene experience is from the field, laboratory, engineering, or other environment for example Superfund EPA work, as the work provided the means of obtaining a professional knowledge of the theory and application of the principles of industrial hygiene and closely related sciences such as physics and engineering controls. Particularly the following areas: I acquired quantitative and qualitative data, performed the measurement of exposures for a variety of chemical, physical, and biological stresses; then analyzed the data acquired and predicted any probable effects of exposures on the health and safety of workers; and the selection and recommendation of appropriate controls, including PPE, management, medical, engineering, education or training, and personal protective equipment. Contracts: Mactec / TSDF/ Global Air Command Center Scott Air Force Base Emergency Response Training Contract, BP Oil Spill 3rd in charge of Marine Safety for the VOO Environmental/SSHO work with Manager of Marine Operations ITSI ANL Juggernaut Reactor Decommissioning, Confidential SNC Lavalin, Radar Station Clean-Up HAZWOPER Training, Secret Heritage, Nicor Gas Mercury Remediation Crystal Lake, Radiation Survey Small and Large Manufacturers Others: See Below Furthermore, my assistant and I handled up to 500 credit accounts and ongoing internet business. Advise clients on OSHA affairs and confidential workers compensation problems with medical sensitive records under the HIPPA and Privacy Act. Perform professional word-processing documents in Microsoft Office Suite Professional. Construct complete input documents for client operations manager field supervisor field administrator. Prepare training materials and deliver a variety of complex content. I remain on call for EHS, disaster recovery, huricane emergency response and manufacturing client companies. I worked for Hendy Company Chicago Safety Institute since 1995 and Super Safety since 2003 when it started. I am seeking advancment in my career so that I can better support my family.
- Global Environmental Health and Safety Manager, Safety Director, Industrial Hygienist at Hendy Company, Super Safety, or Chicago Safety Institute
23 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Task Force Leader, PA Crew Leader, Cost Estimater, Insurance, Project Specialist
- High School Diploma - Economics Welding
- Master of Science - Occupational Safety and Health / Industrial Hygiene
- Bachelors of Science - Medical Technician Instructor
- - Introduction to Physics
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: U.S. Air Force, Joint Base San Antonio – Lackland AFB, Feb 2011 – Feb 2019 Bioenvironmental Engineering Journeyman Selected as outstanding Base Bioenvironmental Engineering Airman of the Year - April 2016 Performed occupational & environmental health risk assessments for 194 facilities, protecting over 8.3K personnel · Managed installation Hazardous Communication program, coordinating training with Public Health for 225 workplace supervisors, ensuring OSHA compliance Oversaw installation respiratory protection program, conducting training for 16 managers and industrial fit-testing, enabling CBRN and Homeland Defense response ops Executed installation drinking water mission for 4 systems, 122 sites and 319K populace, ensuring systems were operating in accordance with state/local/Air Force regulations U.S. Air Force, Bagram Air Field – Afghanistan, Oct 2017 – May 2018 Bioenvironmental Engineering Journeyman Collaborated with Army Preventive Medicine, inspected 24 sites and analyzed 120 water samples, safeguarding 17K coalition members Directed Industrial Health program, developed inspection schedule and evaluated 30 facilities, briefed directors and maintained 100% on-time inspection rate, team awarded #1 rating in the agency Supported aircraft noise study, identified hearing loss risk for 183 employees, updated Technical Operations safety requirements, enabling aircraft maintenance and critical intel & airstrike mission
- Industrial Hygienist at United States Air Force (Active Duty)
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Pre-Law w/ Government Concentration
- Associate - Bioenvironmental Engineering
Ms. Wilson serves as a Senior Industrial Hygienist with over 25 years' experience. Her previous experience included working at the Camden County Health Department in New Jersey. Her role at Camden County included being an active member of the Hazardous Materials, Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear response team. She is certified in noise surveillance, radiation, chemical response, right-to-know, hazcom, indoor air quality, mold, lead-based paint as well as a WMD/Radiological/Nuclear Hazardous Materials Technician. REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE Henkel - Industrial Hygiene Assessment, Bridgewater , NJ ( 11/18 - Present) Senior Industrial Hygienist - Industrial hygiene assessment included collection of air samples on two separate employees completing different industrial tasks at Henkel. Assessment and environmental sampling results were used to document current employee exposures to methylene bisphenyl diisocyanate (MDI). Data collected on each identified employee was used to measure Time-Weighted-Average exposures throbe iughout a work day. Samples for methylene bisphenyl diisocyanate (MDI) were collected following NIOSH method 47 using a three-piece coated cassette and a low volume pump. 0600. A summary report of our findings was prepared. (HENKL18001)
- Senior Industrial Hygienist at Henkel - Industrial Hygiene Assessment
- Senior Industrial Hygienist at Industrial Hygiene Assessment
- Senior Industrial Hygienist at Haddonfield Board of Education
- Senior Industrial Hygienist at Mi Place at Vineyard - Mold Sampling/Indoor Air Quality
2 months at this Job
- BA - Mathematics