Records and Information Management Section Records Management Application Unit Supervisory MAPA Derek Rogan, 540-868-1540 170 Marcel Drive, Winchester, VA 22602 Records and Information Management Specialist, 40 Hours per Week, GS-0308-14 Serve as lead to evaluate IT system decommissioning requests for hardware, software, and SharePoint websites for records management implications regarding data migration and data disposition requirements prior to decommission/deletion. Served as Electronic Recordkeeping Certification (ERKC) and Records Scheduling Team Lead for 13 years to analyze and evaluate complex legacy and proposed electronic systems to ensure compliance with laws in 36 CFR 1220-1228, and 1234, the IT Management Reform Act of 1996, as well as statutory and agency electronic recordkeeping requirements, and guidelines provided by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). Planned, organized, and supervised the work of the team to gather documentation and conduct thorough research of system attributes through analysis of documentation, such as System Requirements Specifications and Concepts of Operations, to ensure records can be readily integrated with or directly serve as a certified recordkeeping system. Develop records schedules to meet the business needs of the program office while ensuring the retention of the data meets Federal recordkeeping standards. As Team Lead, supervised program management to include effectively communicating technical information, setting goals for team members, setting and adjusting priorities, preparing schedules for work completion, and reviewing, accepting, and/or amending subordinates' work products. Managed, organized, and audited use of the section shared drive for compliance with application of disposition and categorization of records stored there. Ensured ERKC programmatic goals established for the Section are met through evaluation of existing program and through modification to the program practices and requirements. Based on my knowledge of the budgeting cycles, as well as programming and planning, co-developed the full Business Case and required OMB 300 to request funding for a fully functional Electronic Records Management Application to include determining the annual budget requirements for staff, contractors, and Government-furnished equipment and space. Served as a member of the Access Policy Group, supporting the development of roles-based access and information sharing policies and implementation strategies, within the limitations of sensitive file issues of Privacy Act, Grand Jury information, and other programmatic concerns/issues in a "share by rule, restrict by exception" environment to address government-wide implications for handling of and access to this information. Collaborate with stakeholders and develop policy for management of electronic records, including long-term preservation policies and unit goals, objectives, plans of action and milestones. Developed new administrative program policies for implementation of Bureau-wide document scanning and scanning equipment procurement standards. As a team lead, prepared quarterly, monthly, and weekly reports using the Bureau's Enterprise Strategy Management Tool. Have directly briefed the Assistant Director, RMD and other senior FBI managers to provide an overview of the mission of the unit regarding specific projects related to the systems under their purview. Developed new methods and tools to promote understanding and importance of electronic records requirements, including ERKC through successful coordination and collaboration with liaisons, as well as through a variety of written products. Served as the primary point of contact with regard to electronic records both internally to the Security Division and the Office of General Counsel, as well as externally to NARA. Periodically serve as Acting Unit Chief in their absence. Serve as the section point of contact for newly on-boarding employees and identify training and development needs of new and current employees required to meet organizational goals within the budget constraints of the unit. Train other FBI division and RMD employees as needed.
- Records and Information Management Specialist at Department of Justice/Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Management Analyst at Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Division Secretary at White House Military Office
- Served in progressively developmental administrative support positions at Department of Defense and Veteran's Administration
14 years, 5 months at this Job
- - General Studies
- High School Diploma
• Provides centralized support health information management (HIM) to ensure consistent application usage, supports implementation of organization and industry best practices
• Provide quality reviews of scanned medical record images, daily monitoring of work queues and error logs, and troubleshoot issues, as needed
• Reviews requests for release of information and releases information only in accordance with organization, state, and federal requirements
• Responsible for coordination of corrections and amendments to patient medical records
• Scans and files documents using appropriate chart categories, document types, and reference dates per organization protocols
- Health Information Management Specialist at BJC Medical Group
- Weekend New Patient Coordinator at The Smile Dental Company
- Clinical Service Representative at Barnes Jewish Hospital - Siteman Cancer Center
- Weekend Receptionist at West County Care Center
4 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Art - Media Communications
- Associates of Applied Science - Health Information Technology
- Associate of Applied Science - Mass Communications
- - Communications Between Cultures
- - Business Internship
Contractor providing information management, media, and training support services to the Marine Corps Security Forces Battalion. *Manages training records and watch bills within Advanced Skills Management Industrial (ASMi) database *Photographs and records various training drills, command ceremonies, and functions Apply tools to evaluate training programs, and analyze the feedback to improve training courses and delivery.
- Information Management Specialist (Contractor) at ENGLISH-EL ENTERPRISES, LLC.
- Workforce Management Specialist at General Dynamics Information Technology
- CSR 1 Help-Desk Support (Contractor) at CTI RESOURCE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- EEO Support Assistant (Contractor) at THE TATITLEK CORPORATION
5 months at this Job
- Certification - Workshop and Office Management
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
• Leads the department's communication task force
• Writes, designs, and publishes the Health Information Management Systems department monthly newsletter
• Provides clerical staff with information regarding policies, procedures, and HIPAA regulations
• Trains and assists physicians with the newly implemented EDRS Electronic Death Certificate process
• Oversees the inpatient scanning process and provides training for concierge staff on proper procedures
• Member of the Northern Westchester Hospital Employee Congress
• Executive Co-Chair of the Spirit and Giving Committee
- Health Information Management Specialist at Northern Westchester Hospital
- Information Archivist at Northern Westchester Hospital
- PHI Scanner at Northern Westchester Hospital
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Health Communications
- Bachelor's - History
Records Management Leadership:
• Offer consultation to federal clients in the intelligence community on the management of records and information.
• As a RIM subject matter expert in systems development projects, ensure recordkeeping requirements are addressed and implemented. Develop goals and objectives that integrate organization and position alignment/position management. Records Management Policy & Operations:
• Coordinate with designated staff to establish local records and information management (RIM) business processes, analyze file plans and other records management tools, and train staff on their implementation.
• Provide expertise for the evaluation of contractor compliance with program management requirements of contractual documents.
• Develop program guidance/changes and recommend solutions that clearly reflect an understanding of the program and the potential impact of decisions/recommendations on the mission and efficiency, effectiveness, and inter-related aspects of the RIM program. Policy Applications:
• Serve on a team evaluating, recommending, and implementing improvements to RIM policies and practices; management of research efforts for over 14 functional area records maintained in all formats.
• Identify procedures and methodologies that improve the effectiveness and efficiency in the life cycle management (creation, retention, maintenance, processing, use, access, release, safeguarding, declassification, final disposition) of records and documentation.
• Conduct and/or participate in various studies and reviews of recordkeeping activities and functions, in order to evaluate and improve RIM processes and throughout the organization Communications:
• Prepare and deliver reports and briefings to the client of RIM plans, projects, activities, and accomplishment. Technical Applications:
• Serve as a technical authority in the area of electronic research effort records management and provide technical assistance and guidance to staff, users, customer, and others in resolving day-to-day program issues.
- RECORDS & INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST at Booz Allen Hamilton
- SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER at National Security Agency, United States Air Force
- SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER at National Reconnaissance Office, United States Air Force
- HUMAN RESOURCES & FINANCE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST at Air Force Reserve
2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Organizational Leadership
- Bachelors of Science - Health Care Administration
- Associates Degree - Human Resource Management
- Associates Degree - Information Management
- Tuskegee, Alabama
A Healthcare Consulting firm specializing in Social Work Informatics
Lead Healthcare Information Management Specialist (Feb 2000 -Present)
• Develop healthcare information and computer system services in rural Black Belt counties of Alabama
• Manage and supervise variety of social work and healthcare information projects
• Provide health informational data to Medicare and Medicaid recipients
• Develop and teach an online e-Health course to Tuskegee residents
• Assess data regarding impact of childhood obesity in the State of Alabama
• Development of Healthcare Informatics grant to National Institute of Health(NIH)
• 4-H Volunteer in Blackbelt Alabama counties Provided health informational data on the Tuskegee Community to the Alabama Department of Mental Health - Substance Abuse Prevention Division
• Held weekly meeting with healthcare community leaders on revising and implementing new healthcare policies and procedures for selected organizations
• Write and obtain several state grants to help reduce operational costs of developing eHealth instructional course for Tuskegee residents.
• Completed GPS Leader Certification training - Nov 2003
- Lead Healthcare Information Management Specialist at SWIDE EFFECTS, LLC
- Director at A NEW BEGINNING FOR YOU YOU, Inc
- Owner at
- CSAP Fellow at Substance Abuse Office
19 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master's Degree - Social Work
Foreign Service Institute
Arlington, VA 22204 United States
07/2015 - Present Information Management Specialist (IMS)
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
• Provides assistance to users of information management services (for example, by configuring and optimizing software).
• Trains users in the use of new software applications, providing guidance and assistance with new or amended IT-related policies and procedures.
• Set up, administer, and support software and hardware digital conferencing systems.
• Install, operate, and maintain new hardware and software applications.
• Administer secure and non-secure telephone and wireless programs at embassies and consulates by installing new equipment, as well as maintaining and repairing existing equipment.
• Install, test, maintain, and deploy various wireless and satellite emergency communications systems.
• Monitor and implement security and management controls on Department of State automated information systems.
• Support operations in the area of cyber security, contingency planning, disaster recovery, general security operation s, and risk management.
- Information Management Specialist (IMS) at Foreign Service
- Security Training Specialist at State Department
- System Development Specialist, Training Specialist at Mantech International Corp
- Systems Administrator (Information Technology Specialist) at Invertix Corporation
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Management
- Associate's Degree - Information Technology
• Administer installation servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
• Support and maintain Warfighter training LANs for JANUS BattleStaff Training (Windows), FBCB2/Blue Force Tracker (Linux), and Virtual BattleSpace (VBS3), including Training Aids, Devices, Simulators, and Simulations (TADSS) which includes the Tactical Engagement Simulation (TES); battle simulations; targetry; training-unique ammunition; dummy, drill, and inert munitions; casualty assessment systems; training aids; and other training support devices.
• Assist in the administrating, organizing, modifying and supporting the installation’s computer systems. Troubleshoot end-user issues on the network. Control computer and user access using windows tools such as Active Directory and Group Policy.
• Scripting military scenario development and conduct training execution.
• Primary Virtual Trainer/Integrator for the National Guard Bureau (NGB) Asymmetric Threat Training Support (ATTS) Team program at Camp Edwards, MA.
• Install/maintain all end-user software applications and hardware on all MANG HR workstations and act as Network Administrator and IT Specialist for all of Camp Edwards.
• Setup and support Window and Linux training servers and workstations, Cisco (or similar) networking equipment including layer 3 switches, with a fundamental understanding of switched IP networks.
• Develop solutions or alternative SOP practices.
• Recommend new systems, procedures, or organizational changes management through presentations or written reports.
- Information Management Specialist at Massachusetts National Guard
- Software NCO Analyst/Trainer at Massachusetts Army National Guard
- HR Information Specialist at Massachusetts Army National Guard
- System Analyst (Military Records) at Massachusetts National Guard
1 year at this Job
- BS - Political Science
Health Information Management Specialist,Medical Records Clerk, Data Entry, Referral Specialist, Scanning,Faxing,Centralized Scheduling
- Health Information Management Specialist at Premier Community Healthcare Group
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
90720. Customer Service Representative, IT Specialist (Help Desk) 06/1999/01/23/2005 Surface Distribution Deployment Command, 1664 Sheppard Place, Ft Eustis, VA 23604
- Information Management Specialist at 63rd RRC
- DIRECTOR at Unites States Army Information Systems Command
3 years, 4 months at this Job