Office of Director (VHA)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87108
Records and Information Management Specialist 3/2017- Present GS 11
Supervisor: Rebecca Wirth (505-265-1711)
As a Records and Information Management Specialist (RIM), reimplement, manage, and maintain New Mexico VA Health Care System RIM program to align with National Archives Records Administration (NARA) and VHA to ensure policies, procedures and guidelines are in place to protects records against unauthorized removal or loss.
• Provide, advice and implement on all updates of Records Management policies and guidelines from NARA and VHA to leadership and staff
• Expert knowledge of HIPAA Privacy Rule policy, privacy rules and regulations as they pertain to VHA.
• Assist Privacy officers with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), Privacy Act (PA) and Declassification Programs.
• Analyze Records Management program budget
• Ensure each service department have a Records Liaison or an alternate
• Apply agency goals, objectives and priorities to support the organization's mission and needs.
• Apply and abide by policy and guideline of Federal Records Management laws and regulations.
• Monitors and analyze VA, NARA and legislative changes for RIM program
• Document and update Standard Operation Procedure of Records Liaisons
• Advise Records Liaison of staff participation mandatory training
• Coordinates transfers and retrieve records NARA federal storage facility
• Knowledge of VHA General Records Schedule 10-1 guidelines
• Develop record distribution and storage policies
• Conduct facility Privacy Compliance Audits (PCA) risk assessment
• Implements processes, procedures and guidance to creation, disposition, and destruction for paper and electronic records.
• Monitor contracts and Statement of Works for RM compliance guidelines
• Provide advice, training and guidance to management, records liaisons and staff on creation, maintenance and use of records, inventory file plan, disposition of record and electronic mail systems.
• Monitor and advise staff/department on inactive records compliance and policy
• Response to queries, emails, and update information file
• Conduct periodic and mandatory records management quality reviews, compliance audits, risk assessments for program improvement purposes.
• Coordinate and promote records management program with leadership
• Monitor and coordinate facility's storage Interagency service agreement between, VHA and NARA
• Coordinate packing, shipping, and storage of offsite inactive records with NARA contract storage facility
• Service as Health Administrative Service Controlled Substance Inspector.
• Document Statement of Work and Business Agreements for facility contracts.
• Mentor/partner to new GHATP trainee program
- Records and Information Management Specialist at New Mexico VA Health Care System
- Health System Manager (trainee) at New Mexico VA Health Care System
- Correspondence Analyst at New Mexico VA Health Care System
- Program Support Assistant at National Institute of Health
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Healthcare Administration
- Certificate of completion - Data Entry Specialist
• Responsible for the support and maintenance of the Training Aids, Devices, Simulators, and Simulations (TADSS) which includes the Tactical Engagement Simulation (TES); battle simulations; targetry; training-unique ammunition; dummy, drill, and inert munitions; casualty assessment systems; training aids; and other training support devices. Assist Operations and Training with gathering training information and organize installation training needs and resources. Organize information and assist in improving training processes and procedures.
• Analyze financial and other data, including revenue, expenditure, and employment reports.
• Assist in the administrating, organizing, modifying and supporting the installation’s computer systems. Troubleshoot end-user issues on the network. Control computer and user access using windows tools such as Active Directory and Group Policy.
• Administer installation servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
• Setup and Administer Warfighter training LANs for JANUS BattleStaff Training (Windows), FBCB2/Blue Force Tracker (Linux), and Virtual BattleSpace (VBS3).
• Scripting military scenario development and conduct training execution.
• Primary Virtual Trainer/Integrator for the National Guard Bureau (NGB) Asymmetric Threat Training Support (ATTS) Team program at Camp Edwards, MA.
• Install/maintain all end-user software applications and hardware on all MANG HR workstations and act as Network Administrator and IT Specialist for all of Camp Edwards.
• Setup and support Window and Linux training servers and workstations, Cisco (or similar) networking equipment including layer 3 switches, with a fundamental understanding of switched IP networks.
• Develop solutions or alternative SOP practices.
• Recommend new systems, procedures, or organizational changes
• Make recommendations to management through presentations or written reports
- Information Management Specialist at Massachusetts National Guard
- Sr. HR Systems Analyst at Massachusetts Army National Guard
- System Analyst (Military Records) at Massachusetts National Guard
- Sr. Software Consultant at PacifiCare Healthcare
1 year at this Job
- BS - Political Science
Maintains and monitors an integrated records and reporting systems that affects policies and programs. Serves as technical expert in the resolution of problems an issues related to record and information management programs. Trains agency coordinators and staff on how to manage Federal records.Conducts reserach and analyzes the content of records, problems, issues and/or program requirements to make recommendations.
- Records & Information Management Specialist at U.S. MARSHALS SERVICE
- Human Resources Assistant at U.S. MARSHALS SERVICE
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- High school
Desktop Technician (April 2015 - present)
● Perform regular maintenance to computers, printers and servers across the site.
● Image new computers for use by management and end users.
● Assist in audits of equipment and procedures.
● Prepare and ship laptops and computers to other sites and work at home users.
● Create and modify AD accounts for new and current users.
● Manage inventory of computer equipment and peripherals. Technical Help desk Specialist (Jan 2014 - April 2015)
● Provided over the phone support for U.S. cellular customers and associates.
● Exceeded the quality and handle time requirements of the call center and client.
● Performed Tier 1 & 2 troubleshooting for the customer's devices and services.
● Pinpointed possible service affecting issues in customer's accounts.
● Supported my team members in assisting our customers.
● Positioned products and services that fit the customer's needs.
- Information Management Specialist at Conduent (Formerly Xerox Services)
5 years at this Job
• Meet requirements and request of information from medical and administrative staff.
• Use of Greenway EHR solution for patient's information management.
• Office information management.
- Office Information Management Specialist at Ross Medical Group
- Software Developer and Analyst at Information Technologies and Advanced Telematics Services Enterprise (CITMATEL)
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- - Accounting
- Bachelor of Computer Science - Computer Science
• Manage reception area and greet patients and families as they arrive to the unit.
• Answer telephone calls and provide information; relay messages and transfer calls.
• Schedule appointments and handle calendars for doctors and staff within the unit.
• Handle patient record management and filing tasks.
• Schedule tests and procedures for patients and ensure that results are expedited especially for patients in need of prompt medical attention.
• Assist patients and families in filling out forms and apply identification armbands on admitted patients.
• Compose and send faxes and emails and ensure that there are adequate supplies available.
- Health Information Management Specialist at Keswick
- GNA/CNA at Keswick
- Home Health Aide at Shalonda's House INC
- Phlebotomist at Bio Reference Laboratories
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Levindale Nursing Assistant Program
• Team leader in developing the President's Budget for several major Cabinet agencies, plus smaller independent Federal agencies.
• Managed input, quality control, training, and schedule for updating all of OMB's Budget databases.
• Developed and maintained both annual and ad-hoc reports used by senior White House policy officials in their decision making processes.
• Led OMB staff in completing Budget development tasks accurately and on schedule.
• Managed software development teams in designing new customer oriented applications used in the Budget development process and by agency users.
- Budget Information Management Specialist at Office of Management and Budget
- Senior Program Manager, Manpower and Organization at United States Air Force
15 years at this Job
- M.S. - Engineering Management
- M.S. - Computer Information Systems Management
- B.S. - Industrial Technology
Performed efficient and accurate processing of all medical records documents. Maintained security and confidentiality of patient records. Processed release of information requests and assisted patients with accessing the patient portal. Excellent communication with physicians and other providers. Resolved delinquent accounts.
- Health Information Management Specialist at Greenview Hospital
- Receptionist at Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College
- Office Assistant at Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College
8 months at this Job
- Associate In Applied Science - Medical Information Technology
Prepared and produced classified and non-classified record material from archived materials for training, promotion, documentation, archiving and other official records for internal and external staff. Coordinated operational activities and facilitated the timely processing digital output files in collaboration with ERA.
• Packaged and shipped record materials in accordance with NARA policies, receipting and accounting for shipped materials in FRC.
• Operated scanning equipment for various media types and structured multiple work tasks in order to optimize efficient use of scanning, uploading and indexing capabilities of records.
• Obtained, retrieved and/or stored historical information at retention archives as requested and ensured that electronic records were scanned into database accurately.
• Produced full inventory of records, distributing them to the FRC while guaranteeing quality control of all scanned documents.
- Records Information Management Specialist at RCM/DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY
- Document Control Analyst at PEPCO/EXELON
- Records Information Management Specialist at TEKPRO/DRUG ENFORCEMENT AGENCY
- Records Information Management Specialist at CB HARRIS/CONSUMER FINANCIAL PROTECTION BUREAU
1 year at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Information Systems
Reviewed medical records for completeness, compliance with regulations, and accuracy. Retrieved medical records for patients, physicians, and staff. Released information to persons or agencies according to regulations. Scanned and indexed medical reports and documents using various computer systems. Compiled patient information for data entry for referrals. Prepared and sent out medical records to other surrounding facilities. Operate computer to enter data, retrieve correspondence and transcription reports. Appropriately file medical, imaging, and lab results in medical records.
- Health Information Management Specialist at AllianceHealth Durant
- ASSISTANT MANAGER at CIGNA-MEDIX-NATIONAL CONTRACTING UNIT
- staff at TEXOMA MEDICAL CENTER
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - History