Responsibilities Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and monitor the client record activities in accordance with established policies and procedures. Advise administrative staff on federal and state laws concerning client records. Collect, assemble, and check client records as necessary. Performs internal auditing for all client admissions, discharges and clinical documentation in accordance with state regulations and contracts. Develop and implement written client records policies and procedures. Serve as primary contact person on issues related to the KaleidaCare information system. Serve on various committees of the facility as appointed by the director. Manages all request for client information in consultation with the agency attorney. Manages all state databases in relation to the Residential program and Transition to Independent Living programs. Accomplishments The general purpose of the Client Information Management Specialist is to keep children who are clients of Home of the Innocents safe at all times and to be respectful of both the children and their families as valued customers. I assure that client records are maintained in accordance with federal and state guidelines, as well as in accordance with our established policies and procedures, to assure that a complete client records program is maintained.
Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and monitor the client record activities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Advise administrative staff on federal and state laws concerning client records.
Collect, assemble, and check client records as necessary.
Performs internal auditing for all client admissions, discharges and clinical documentation in accordance with state regulations and contracts.
Develop and implement written client records policies and procedures.
Serve as primary contact person on issues related to the KaleidaCare information system.
Serve on various committees of the facility as appointed by the director.
Manages all request for client information in consultation with the agency attorney.
Manages all state databases in relation to the Residential program and Transition to Independent Living programs.
The general purpose of the Client Information Management Specialist is to keep children who are clients of Home of the Innocents safe at all times and to be respectful of both the children and their families as valued customers. I assure that client records are maintained in accordance with federal and state guidelines, as well as in accordance with our established policies and procedures, to assure that a complete client records program is maintained.
- Client Information Management Specialist at Home of the Innocents
- Administrative Assistant/Receptionist at Bellewood Home for Children
- Weekend Manager at Historic Locust Grove
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - History
• Procurement Administration, Reporting, Audits and Asset Management Compliance auditing - senior executive administrative support - investigating process issues - creating project and management reports.
• Managed and developed processes for a new warehouse; conference hosting; quote acquisitions; tracking maintenance contract renewals.
• Procurement and purchasing: opening procurement and capital expenditure reports, opening procurement requests, penning capital expenditure requests, responding to invoices received and approving and/or routing, etc.
• Worked with the Systems Architecture and Development team through the initial development and launch of a new network asset management database. In addition to asset management, the database includes processes for procurement, maintenance contracts tracking, asset parent-child relationships and billing.
• Supported end users and developers on fixes and updates as required.
• Maintained and managed user accounts. Created and distributed database reports.
• Added all new data types (models, parts, locations, manufacturers, etc). CAREER HISTORY The Walt Disney Company 03/2005 to 09/2012 Senior Information Management Specialist -- Database Administration Key Achievements
• Worked with field engineering on data cleanup of hundreds of thousands of values that were in error or missing from the initial load used at launch.
• Saved Disney hundreds of thousands of dollars on the new asset management database. Recommended field labeling suggestions accepted for use; setup accounts for all of the initial 200 plus users.
• Wrote close to fifty procedures for the asset management processes related to the database, user operations and training procedures.
• Trained all 200 users in the timeframe allotted.
• Built the new asset management SharePoint housing all the asset management documentation.
• Facilitated technical and management conference bridge calls during problem resolutions and escalations.
- Senior Information Management Specialist at The Walt Disney Company
- Senior Systems Development Specialist at The Walt Disney Company
- MTS-A, Member of the Technical Staff at Hughes Aircraft Company
7 years, 6 months at this Job
- Associate - Math & Science
- BS - Electrical and Electronic Engineering Curriculum
- BS - Computer Science Curriculum
management of the health information management department.
management of the health information management department.
- Health Information Management Specialist at NFlushing Hospital Medical Center
- Private personal Assistant at
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Health information Management
- Bachelor's - Health information managementom
Highly trained professional in the latest information management technology applications and understand the workflow in any healthcare provider organization from large hospital systems to the private physician practice. In charge of daily operations management of health information and electronic health records (EHRs). In charge of requesting history and physical exam, Lab results—blood tests, urine tests,etc, Clinical information (nursing notes, physical therapy notes, and many others), X-rays and other radiology procedures. Currently oversee HIM departments in both states of New Jersey and Connecticut.
- Health Information Management Specialist at Sanitas Medical Center
- Medical Records Specialist / Credentialing Specialist at Liberty Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Surgical Coordinator / Admissions Representative at Hudson Crossing Surgical Center
- Medical Assistant/Medical Receptionist at Pappas Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Registered Nursing
- - Medical Assistant
Resolves accounts in one or more assigned HPF work queues (e.g. Cancelled Accounts, Unknown Documents, Facility HIM, Workflow Trigger and Coding Pend for Queues), which requires research and analysis to determine the appropriate action to be taken. Resolves unbilled accounts which is critical to revenue cycle management; may spend significant time researching and analyzing while utilizing Meditech and HPF; determining which issues belong to which department, working with the appropriate department, following up with the department or physician to clear the accounts, and ensuring the accounts move through the system. Assists in resolving accounts in the eRequest queue, which includes, but is not limited to, payment window accounts, requests for sterilization forms and pre‐certifications. May coordinate or be instrumental in the physician suspension process, evaluating if documentation or circumstances warrant a physician be put on suspension and creating the list of recommended suspensions for approval. This requires understanding the facility’s guidelines and requirements necessary to trigger suspension. May oversee other clerks in completing more routine duties related to printing and stuffing incomplete record status and suspension letters and in making physician calls. Provides support to the birth certificate process, if L&D services are available, which requires interacting with parents, using diplomacy and sensitivity, to obtain accurate information required by the state for birth certificates and acknowledgment of paternity (AOP) forms. Some states require certification to perform the duties of a birth certificate clerk. Assumes responsibility for the HIM department when HIM leader is unavailable, with the ability to handle the majority of issues and inquiries that may arise. Assists the HIM Leader in gathering statistics for HSC reporting, to include documentation for timeliness of History and Physicals and Operative Reports. Proficient in addressing physician questions, issues and any training needed for the HPF system and providing training to any external reviewers or HPF users. Meets or exceeds established productivity and quality standards. Practices and adheres to the Company’s Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement. Secondary duties as needed May assist with release of information (ROI) requests, which involves interacting in person or over the phone with patients and giving instruction/assistance in completing the ROI request process. May assist with merging duplicate accounts, which requires research and problem solving to ensure that the duplicate accounts are one and the same patient and determine which account number to be used. May assist with chart pickup, as time permits, and with reconciling retrieved medical records against patient discharge lists, ensuring receipt of all records within 24 hours of patient discharge. Assists in setting up external review queues when necessary Support the completion of physician queries by calling, monitoring and assisting physicians with the HPF application May batch, label and route loose reports, late charts/documentation for scanning and may scan and index loose reports/documents that are critical to coding, prioritizing according to policy. May coordinate storage, archival and record retention of unscanned documents and retrieval of medical records as needed. Processes facility specific HIM mail as applicable Other duties as assigned.
- Health Information Management Specialist at Parallon-Parkridge Medical Center & Parkridge East Hospital
- Remote Outpatient Coder II at Pyramid Healthcare Solutions
- Remote Outpatient Coder I at Parallon Enterprise Inc.
- Reimbursement & Coding Specialist I at Erlanger Health System, A Teaching hospital and a Level-One Trauma Center for adults of an entire four-state region, encompassing southeast Tennessee, north Georgia, north Alabama and western North Carolina.
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Diploma - Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- High school Diploma - General Studies
• Provide support to over 60,000 units within the Army Records Information Management System (ARIMS).
• Work with database administrators to perform more advanced troubleshooting actions to resolve ARIMS malfunctions.
• Participated in the development of ARIMS training modules and quizzes.
• Provide excellent customer service by offering technical advice and assisting customers to resolve ARIMS application issues.
• Compile help desk tickets summary statistics every month to upper level management for better insight on day-to-day operations.
• Train users within my organization on how to complete functions within ARIMS.
• Attend weekly meetings with supervisors and system developers to discuss improvements that can be made regarding ARIMS.
• Trains users on ARIMS functions and purpose.
• Utilize DA form 2028 to make changes to army records, and route the request through proper channels.
• Completed Record management course computer based training course
- Information Management Specialist at Hexagon US Federal
- IT support technician at ALTA IT
- Quality assurance/Classified Material Program Manager/Supervisor at Air Force
1 year, 11 months at this Job
• Responsible for compiling, organizing, and evaluating patient medical records
• Use a variety of different classification systems and storage retrieval systems to organize medical records so they can efficiently be retrieved
• Scanning, Indexing and Validating of outside facilities records as part of permanent record.
• Integrated part of departmental chart audit with 100% record accuracy rate while meeting daily productivity standards. Document Imaging Technician- Saint Luke's East Lees Summit
• Organization, Prepping, Scanning of Inpatient/Outpatient charts prepared in a standardized and uniform manner.
• Working with chart auditors to ensure quality of work meets expectations in accuracy. Average accuracy rate between 92-100% each month. Record Processing Associate/Documentation Specialist- St Joseph Medical Center
• Analyze inpatient and outpatient records ensuring physician documentation is compliant to meet regulatory standards.
• Trained CPOE assistant and provide support for physicians on e-signing documentation as needed.
• Implemented new record completion workflow for Emergency Physicians. Outcome of workflow resulted in eliminating overuse of paper charts and prevented ordering of more supplies. Programing and Software Skills Master Patient Index OnBase HIM Operations Health informatics Data Integrity Chart completion analysis Release of Information Productivity Standards
- Health Information Management Specialist at The University of Kansas Health System
at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Health Informatics and Information Management
- Associates of Liberal Arts - National Society of Leadership and Success
• Answered staff questions on the Information Governance program
• Developed and delivered program's training modules
• Develops and creates program's promotional communications
• Reviewed and approved disposal requests
• Delivered and monitored legal hold notifications
• Reviewed and approved offsite storage request (i.e., new storage, retrieval, returns)
• Performed self-management tasks to verify program's effectiveness
• Developed and maintained Information Governance's process flows
➢ Developed/Revised five SharePoint processes to automate Information Governance processes (disposal, new, return and retrieval of offsite storage, process waiver requests, retention modification requests)
➢ Successfully executed RIM campaign promotion
➢ Assisted in the development and publication of a function-based records retention schedule and policy
➢ Annually conducted enterprise wide the documentation of departmental records (paper-based and electronic)
➢ Information Governance point person for Chicago office move
➢ Collaborate and develop "Moving" brochure for Chicago office move
- Records and Information Management Specialist at Options Clearing Corporation
- Records Coordinator at Husch Blackwell LLP
- Records Center Supervisor at KPMG
- Records Management Supervisor at Moody Bible Institute
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Science
Collect, calculate, and check information from various data sources in order to devise solutions.
• Design systems, and implement information management processes.
• Full responsibility for representing and acting on behalf of the user group as it relates to the maintenance and management of records/documents.
• Utilized standard software to perform maintenance of files, archiving etc.
Collect, calculate, and check information from various data sources in order to devise solutions.
- Information Management Specialist at Shell
- Document Control Specialist at Strategy Engineering
- Document Control Coordinator at Chicago Bridge & Iron
- Document Control Coordinator at Chevron/Swift WWR
5 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Work with patient care data and ensure proper insurance payment reimbursement, the accuracy of data for public health records and the security of patients' electronic health records information. Page 2
- HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST at OSWEGO HOSPITAL HEALTH
- NURSING ASSISTANT at OSWEGO HOSPITAL MED SURG
- PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN at OSWEGO HOSPITAL MED SURG
- TELEMETRY TECHNICIAN at OSWEGO HOSPITAL MED SURG
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- ASSOCIATES - Liberal arts