Self-motivated individual with 25 years of law enforcement experience. Key assignments that developed leadership, teamwork and motivational qualities. Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and organizational skills. Experience as a bilingual (English/Spanish) Public Information Officer, which involved participation within the Emergency Operating Center, interacting with the media (television and print) and collaborated efforts with local, state and federal agencies. Commitment to problem solving and community based programs, which included speaking in public forums and events. Experience as a Training Officer, Academy Instructor, and supervisor at many levels within the organization. Exposure to many levels of supervisory responsibilities that ranged from overseeing and monitoring all purchasing and expenditures within a multi-million dollar budget of three different patrol stations and dispatch center. Experience as a Patrol Dispatch Center Watch Commander, employee internal investigations of misconduct/complaints, documenting and praising exemplary work, documenting and reviewing/approving appraisals from subordinate employees, supervising civilian and sworn personnel, monitoring and maintaining personnel schedules and overtime expenditures. Worked directly with and developed relationships with numerous interagency entities such as Human Resources, Finance, Community Leaders and County Supervisors. Experience with in-depth high profile investigations, which included travel, collaborative efforts with outside agencies, airline extraditions of wanted subjects, preparing crucial documents and conducting surveillances. Experience with the selection process of interviewing and hiring new employees and the promotional process for current employees. Developed, revised and reviewed Policies and Procedures. Prepared monthly budget expenditures, projections, audits and crime trend reports for command staff. Supervised the operations and maintained the safety of employees and inmates within a multi-level facility. Developed a facility protocol and Safety and Evacuation Plan for workplace violence threats. VENTURA COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE, VENTURA, CA SERGEANT, SENIOR DEPUTY, DEPUTY SHERIFF (1993 - 2018) Administrative Sergeant A position which required many levels of supervisory responsibility and multi-tasking. Assistant to the West County Patrol Commander and Headquarters Station Captain. Active station supervisor in the absence of the Captain. Active patrol supervisor in the absence of the patrol sergeant. County - wide patrol Watch Commander in the absence of the patrol Captain. Maintained a multi-million dollar budget for the West County patrol services and monitored and prepared monthly projection and expenditure reports for command staff. Oversaw and maintained the Headquarters Station schedule, overtime expenditures, station maintenance and vehicle maintenance. Administrative Sergeant for the Sheriff's Gang Unit and active supervisor in the absence of the Unit's direct supervisor. Responsible for personnel complaints at the station and necessary investigative measures. Worked with county leaders and community leaders during public meetings while ensuring the safety of all in attendance.
- Information Officer at Emergency Operating Center
25 years at this Job
- Associate of Science degree - Criminology
Information officer coustmer services direct the public information checking security
- Fio information officer at Capital Police
- G4 building services at Department of Finance
- Fio information officer at
4 years at this Job
- Diploma - basic mathematics
- High school or equivalent
I currently work as both a full-time paramedic in this busy metro area, but I also fulfill the role of Public Information Officer. My duties include running 911 calls, but I also am charged with media and public relations, social media strategies, giving and arranging media interviews, and publishing our newsletter.
- PARAMEDIC/PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER at Paramedics Plus
- PARAMEDIC at Siouxland Paramedics
- at EMT BASIC
- at EMT BASIC
2 years at this Job
- Critical Care Paramedic - Critical Care Paramedic
- Paramedic - Paramedic
- Master's - English Language and Rhetoric
- M.A. - Bible and Theology
- B.S. - Journalism and Mass Communications
Chief Information Officer for a chain of tobacco stores. In charge of database management, networking and all associated computer functions. Maintenance of a large POS network, including SQL Server integration and internet systems. Upgraded all registers, network, phones and surveillance systems for each of the retail locations, along with day to day management and maintenance.
- Chief Information Officer (CIO) at Smoke N Go, LLC
- Store Manager at Daspit Supermarket
- Lead Supervisor at J&F Builders
- Store Manager at Bi-Lo Supermarket
3 years at this Job
- ADN - Nursing
Chief Information Officer
DUTIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
• Sales, graphical design, direct mail management, variable data processing, website development, software & hardware repair/replacement, server/network upgrade maintenance, ergonomics\sales\production business workflow troubleshooting and improvements
• Designed & implemented ticket tracking barcode system, e-commerce & online sales portals
- Chief Information Officer at LAPRESSCO, INC
- Information Technology Analyst I, II, III, Systems Analyst at LSU HEALTH SHREVEPORT\UNIVERSITY HEALTH SHREVEPORT
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science Cum Laude - Computer Science
Public Information Officer, Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute, Hudson, N.C. (Present Position) I serve as the primary media contact and a key member of the marketing team. Responsibilities include copywriting, project management, event planning, social media management, and budget management.
- Public Information Officer at Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute
- Editor at News-Topic
- Public Relations Manager at Holland & Holland
8 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Journalism and Mass Communications
- Certification - Global Business Leadership
- Vocational - Computer Programming
and several other medical and non medical related organizations
Avon, OH 2010 to Present
Nationwide Franchise based Medical, Chiropractic and Progressive Rehabilitation Corporation, approaching 400 franchisee milestone by year end, accomplished in just 7 years time Acting Chief Information Officer
• Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and vendors and negotiations.
• Successfully created, and managed many others in developing a system based solution that is revolutionizing the medical and many other industries, via partnerships with multi million dollar and billion dollar organizations
• This system mitigates risk and addresses true business pain points and sources of loss
• Systems to increase profits through cost elimination and more efficient business process modeling.
• Successfully continue to assist customer and vendors to implement conceptual ideas into reality
- Acting Chief Information Officer at HealthSource
- Nurse Practitioner, Therapy, Hospice, Clinical at PSI Holdings Corp
- Chief Information Officer at Our Lady of the Wayside, Inc
- Network Administrator, Network Engineer, Consultant at Berish & Associates, Digital Equipment Corp
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Network Engineering
New York, NY August 2018 thru December 2018 Axovant is a clinical-stage gene therapy company focused on developing a pipeline of innovative product candidates for debilitating neurological and neuromuscular diseases such as Parkinson's disease, and other indications. 100 employees, publicly traded NASDAQ: AXON. Consultant, Chief Information Officer Engaged full-time to lead the effort to establish Axovant's first Technology department through the onboarding of all networking, infrastructure (100% cloud-based), security, service desk, administration, SOX & FDA compliance, and applications (including SAS, JReview, numerous scientific and R&D applications, business systems, HR systems, and more - all cloud-based). The parent company, Roivant Sciences, changed to a decentralized strategy for the delivery of shared services to its subsidiaries, Technology being one of these shared services. The scope of the job changed significantly and rapidly from transition of network and infrastructure to the full scope of a consulting Chief Information Officer. Key Accomplishments
- Consultant, Chief Information Officer at Axovant Sciences, Inc
- Core team leader at Axovant Sciences, Inc
- Chief Information Officer at Millennium Health, LLC
- at Millennium Health, LLC
4 months at this Job
- - Information Systems
- - Computer Engineering
As Chief Information Officer, my goal is to maintain an IT department that supports the technical challenges of the business while also delivering industry leading security and privacy to our clients and end users. I work closely with our senior business leaders as well as all levels of technical and operational staff to ensure they possess the right technology to deliver the best products and services available to our clients.
• Implemented corporate wide online security campaign that included interactive on-demand end user training, simulated 3rd party attacks and detailed metrics/reporting; measurably decreasing successful phishing attacks by over 90%.
• Significantly increased the overall security posture of the organization by implementing best practices in areas such as email filtering, anti-malware, VPN access, password controls, suspicious logins, on-premises applications and penetration testing.
• Implemented expense reimbursement system which automated the entire expense process, reduced reimbursement time by an average of two days and eliminated the weekly expense deadline.
• Reduced telecom spend by over 25% year one through optimization of remote job site cellular data usage and enforcement of mobile data thresholds and reporting.
• Implemented business continuity plan for Operating units located in vulnerable hurricane and flood zones. The plan was proven effective when Hurricane Irma passed within 10 miles of one such office resulting in zero IT downtime.
• Configured industry standard IT ticketing system with measurable service level agreements, ownership and tracking and automatic escalations reducing incident closure time by 27%.
- Chief Information Officer at MORETRENCH CORPORATION
- Vice President and Deputy CIO at HILL INTERNATIONAL
- Director, IT Operations at STV INCORPORATED
- Manager, Systems Architecture at HILL INTERNATIONAL
2 years, 2 months at this Job
is a world-class cultural icon in the heart of the Midwest, located in Kansas City. Over half a million per year visit the museum campus with website traffic over 2 million annually.
Dec 2014 to PRESENT CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
Staff Responsibility: 17 (3 divisions) Budget Responsibility: $3 million Report to: Executive Director (CEO)
• Hired as the museum's first CIO after a 2 year, nation-wide search.
• Created a 5-year Technology Strategic Outlook for the museum. Helped raised over $5 million toward goal.
• Introduced new technologies to the museum (ticket-scanning, digital member cards, live-streaming video, improved e-commerce experience, location-aware smartphone app, 360 imaging and VR, digital signage system.
• Collaborated with Marketing/Communications and a nationally-recognized firm to re-design the museum's website (www.nelson-atkins.org).
• Introduced cyber-security measures and training. Performed threat penetration testing and mitigated problems.
• Rollout and implementation a new museum CRM, Tessitura. Introduced a variety of visitor/member experiences.
• Oversaw the project to implement upgraded servers, network infrastructure and Wi-Fi throughout the museum.
• Replaced aging phone system with Microsoft's Skype for Business collaboration and messaging platform.
- CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER at THE NELSON-ATKINS MUSEUM OF ART
- PRESIDENT at Allens Consulting
- CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER at Pioneer Services, a Division of MidCountry Bank
- Chief Information Officer/Director of Network Services at Johnson County Community College
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- BME - education