Hayward, CA - Contract
Cyber Security team member responsible for the monitoring and remediation of SEIM events Senior Information Security Engineer (May 2019 - July 2019)
• Provided support and analysis of Cloud Operations for compliance based on NIST 800.53 standards
• Responded to DDOS issues related to production endpoints within tight SLA windows.
• Participated in the creation of McAfee Endpoint Protection Policies for both virtual and physical infrastructure
• Participated in securing physical network access ports to only trusted clients
- Senior Information Security Engineer at Nelson Staffing
- Windows Engineer at Xoriant - Athoc
- System Engineer at Intuit
- Sr. Information Security Analyst at Visa Inc
2 months at this Job
Information Security Engineer for NGA ◆ Prepare and provide periodic status briefings on network and systems assessment progress, findings, and remediation efforts. ◆ Prepare and gather information to provide FISMA annual report for the Agency. ◆ Gather information, prepare and provide FISMA quarterly updates for the Agency. ◆ Support the management of the external FISMA program, to include planning, scheduling, tracking final reports and other assigned duties. ◆ Gather information, prepare, and provide the Joint Forces Readiness Review (JFRR) reports (quarterly or as required by DoD). ◆ Prepare Computer Network Defense reports (annually or as required by DoD) for submission to DoD. ◆ Prepare and monitor project/program schedules for assigned activities and as needed for effective activity management. ◆ Prepare Monthly IA metrics reports (as transition to constant monitoring) and provide to government PM. ◆ Document meeting minutes and briefings for assigned activities and as needed for effective activity management. ◆ Assist with the semi-annual updates of IA strategic plan, implementation plan, budget and NGA's IA policies and instructions. ◆ Assist in leading, supporting, and/or facilitating Agency-level, Directorate-level, Office-level, and Division-level security assessments of NGA's information systems and networks, and remediation of IA vulnerabilities identified as a result of those assessments. ◆ Assist in leading, supporting, and/or facilitating Agency-level, Directorate-level, Office-level, and Division-level security assessments of NGA's overall enterprise security posture, and mitigation of IA findings and risks identified as a result of those assessments. ◆ Provide support to NGA's IA Program including development, collection, assessment, and reporting of IA metrics; development, implementation and maintenance of Agency-level information assurance plans and documents; and development, implementation, and execution of Agency- or Office- level IA special programs or projects as required. ◆ Provide support for Division-level activities including but not limited to Web-site maintenance; tracking of official tasker responses; budget planning/reporting and development of planning, reporting and archiving documents. ◆ Support NGA's IA outreach, collaboration, and communication activities with entities outside of the Agency by representing NGA at Intelligence Community, DoD, and other government meetings, briefings, and conferences. ◆ Support full access for the periodic Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) process including Configuration Management (CM) and documentation audits for tracking and resolution of findings for the DoD Computer Network Defense (CND) Service Provider
- Information Security Engineer at CACI
- Information Security Engineer at
- at Intellectual Point
- at CEH
at this Job
- - Government TS
- Master of Science - Systems Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Information Systems
Information Security Engineer within the Security Operations Center for Technology Services. Primarily serving as a Project/Implementation Manager for the SOC; my daily duties include driving new software and cloud service provider implementation -- via architecting and designing how it will be rolled out across the City and County of Denver on small and large scales. Other regular duties include scheduling and providing updates to leadership, SCRUM and risk mitigation, data analytics, mediation between teams and agencies to understand timelines and technical/business requirements, as well as management/ "blue team" investigation into security incidents. For more details, please see the project list.
- Information Security Engineer at CITY AND COUNTY OF DENVER
- Consultant - NOC - SolarWinds Administrator at Innovar Group
- IT Systems Administrator at A SUBSIDIARY OF DAVITA, INC
- System Administrator at COLDWATER SOFTWARE
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Fine Art - Painting
- Associates Degree - Graphic Design
Senior JIRA Administrator
• Works directly with executive management and IT team as Program Manager, Security Engineer and Lead Senior JIRA Administrator ensuring all projects are managed successfully
• Effectively led mass migration of 7 simultaneous large projects into the Cloud working through scope, Agile methodology, issues and deliverables - Completed all migrations before expected delivery date
• Currently creating process improvement documents and preparing to train all migrated teams and contractors on the different systems, including JIRA
• Responsible for overseeing the technology transformation of teams and getting projects through the entire System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Successfully created the first full-stack JIRA instance for the Information Security team which improved project tracking and team efficiency
• Works with multiple cross-functional teams across the organization and different cities to organize, implement and support information and software security and ensure all system instances are efficient
• Defines, designs and executes scalable Program Plans for the Information Security team to ensure successful implementation and deployment of systems and updates
- Lead Information Security Engineer at WELLS FARGO
- Business Operations Manager at BBVA
- Agile International Expansion Project Manager - Jira and System SME at JLL
- Lead Project Manager - Conversion and Integration at ENVESTNET
4 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Global Business
• Performs ArcSight SIEM product (ESM console, Logger, Arc MC, Connector ) deployment and operation support on RHEL 6/7 and Windows Server 2012/2016 platform in vCenter 6.5. Work with external third parties on various HP ArcSight to Splunk SIEM migration tasks, such as documenting ArcSight rules for migrating to Splunk.
• SIEM system health and performance monitoring, tuning and trouble shooting. Primary owner of the VMware and HP 3PAR array infrastructure administration dedicated for the ArcSight SIEM. Improved SIEM system provision process by implementing storage and networking configuration shell script into VMware template.
• Design, document and implement security processes and procedures for SIEM and SOC team. Perform SIEM content creation, log source validation, SOC staff training and SIEM user administration tasks.
• Analyzes and identifies areas of improvement with existing processes, procedures and documentation.
- Information Security Engineer 2 at Comcast Cyber Security
- Information Security Engineer at Miami International Holdings
- Unix System Administrator at Aqua America Inc
- Sr. Unix System Administrator at Penn Mutual Life Inc
8 months at this Job
- M.S. - EMC SAN Management
- M.S. - Management of Information Systems
Accomplished Sr. Information Security Engineer offers progressive experience and commendable background in Cyber Security and Full Stack Web Development, vastly committed to defending enterprise information from unauthorized access, use or disruption. Highly analytical with proven ability to develop new processes and implement procedural improvements. Excellent communication and leadership skills that allows interfacing with all levels of an organization. RELEVEANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE MEDNAX Sunrise, FL Dec. 2018 - Present SENIOR INFORMATION SECURITY ENGINEER > Orchestrated the deployment of LogRhythm as the enterprise's new SIEM solution, replacing QRadar. Responsible for the ingestion of new log sources, correlation and the creation of Dashboards and Alerts > Performed enterprise system security engineering for the following suite of applications: Carbon Black Defense, Checkpoint, Rapid7 InightVM and Cisco Umbrella, Symantec, Proofpoint and various other security tools and software > Support the development, transition and integration of new software, products tools or initiatives > Team Mentor & Member of the DevOps team, overseeing Cloud Security
- Sr. Information Security Engineer at MEDNAX
- INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST/ENGINEER at Seminole Tribe of Florida
- Information Security Analyst at BankUnited
- INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST (C) at Securitek Consulting
9 months at this Job
- HS Diploma
- Certified Ethical Hacker
Chicago, Illinois Sphera is the largest global provider of Operational Excellence software and information services with a focus on Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S), Operational Risk and Product Stewardship. Information Security Engineer Jan. 2018 - Present Member of the Infosec team formalizing policies to pursue ISO27001 certification and GDPR compliance. Primary areas of responsibilities were to evaluate and harden security in the Physical, Network, and Systems space. Projects and Achievements:
• Assessed and recommended security controls for laptop/workstation security, email filtering, OS patching and AV protection.
• Completed Physical and Environmental safety assessments for our 10 domestic and international sites.
• Drafted initial set of ISO27001 policies for Acceptable Use, Mobile and Teleworking, Backup, and Physical security.
• Reviewed security RFPs from third parties and customers.
• Implemented internal vulnerability scans to find existing gaps.
• Oversee monitoring and reporting of weekly and monthly metrics for executive summary
Sphera is the largest global provider of Operational Excellence software and information services with a focus on Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S), Operational Risk and Product Stewardship.
Information Security Engineer Jan. 2018 - Present
Member of the Infosec team formalizing policies to pursue ISO27001 certification and GDPR compliance. Primary areas of responsibilities were to evaluate and harden security in the Physical, Network, and Systems space.
Projects and Achievements:
- Information Security Engineer at SPHERA SOLUTIONS INC
- IT Service Desk Manager at
- Corporate IT Service Desk Manager at STRACK AND VAN TIL LLC
- IS Site Manager/Technical Lead at MARS IS/WM WRIGLEY JR COMPANY
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Associates of Applied Science in Cyber Security - Cyber Security
Utilizes and maintains a suite of security tools to plans and execute the organization's information security strategy. Develops security standards and best practices for the organization and recommends security enhancements to management as needed. Develops strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach. Collaborates with various IT professionals and project managers to meet the organization's goals. * Deployed disaster recovery environment of the credential management system, ensuring availably of over 250 privileged domain and 8,000 local accounts * Installed four MWGs to monitor network traffic in Europe and Asia * Deployed Tenable.io to 110 windows and Linux servers, increasing visibility of these systems' security posture to protect key company assets * Personally ensured security tools met PCI compliance for 2019 audit * Resolved over 700 ServiceNow incidents
- Information Security Engineer at HILTON GRAND VACATIONS
- Information Systems Security Manager at SKYBRIDGE TACTICAL, Hurlburt Air Field, FL
- Information Systems Engineer at U.S. ARMY
- Signal Platoon Leader (Operations Manager) at
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Information Management - Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Marketing & Supply Chain
- - EDUCATION / CREDENTIALS
• Can administer and enforce the organization's firewall procedure and policy, such as network segmentation, secure configuration, SSL VPN, change management, etc.
• Assign roles to authorized users based on role-based access control to ensure the principle of least privilege
• Implement LDAP and Radius integration
• Perform vulnerability scanning for network devices, applications, and databases to identify vulnerabilities.
• Create accurate system diagrams and documentation, for design and planning of network security systems.
• Design, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of web sites, networks and information privacy.
• Identify, define & implement system security requirements for external and internal facing web applications.
• Work with the Infrastructure architect and Engineering Staff to incorporate tools and best practices, that ensure control requirements are addressed to promote a robust security posture for the communications aspects of applications in both a private on-premises data centers and public cloud offerings.
• Ensure secure design, architecture, installation, configuration, hardening, and remediation for software applications to protect organizations' sensitive information for On-Premise and Cloud environments.
• Validate that system and application design and architecture meet best practice Security standards.
• Focus on application interface management as it relates to security impacts and networking needs between Cloud and on-premises Data Centers, and Cloud and Internet (VPN) users.
• Identifies specific areas of concern related to securing sensitive data in both a cloud and data center environment.
• Develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach.
• Participate, learn and educate the workforce on information security through training and building awareness.
- Information Security Engineer Freelancer at
- Security Engineer at Worldwide Flight Services- JFK
- Help Desk and Math Tutor at LaGuardia Community College
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
Collaborate with Information Security Professionals to push best practices and adopt proprietary and SIEM monitoring tools.
● Work directly with a diverse and multifaceted client base to better design security response and reporting structures including adhering to standards, policies, and compliance regulations.
● Ensure proper design and implementation of security tools with focus on custom use cases based on the clients' threat landscapes.
● Serve as liaison and first point of contact for clients and other internal departments to drive completion of tasks.
● Drive periodic client meetings to discuss strategic vision, goals, and product working sessions.
● Effectively track the comprehensive progress of new services with review of security events in the client portal.
● Provide first rate customer and client service including business reviews to cement metrics, strategic planning, and troubleshoot issues and concerns. SELECT ACCOMPLISHMENTS
● Served as interim Technical Account Manager for a volatile client based in India needing immediate monitoring coverage on their Data Loss Prevention environment.
● Utilized world class customer service to ensure client expectations were met and ensure solutions for the environment.
- Information Security Engineer at NTT, Inc
- Information Security Analyst at NTT, Inc
- Customer Support Analyst at PPG Industries, Inc
- Self-Employed at Self-Employed
6 years, 8 months at this Job
- MASTER'S DEGREE - Business Administration / Management Information Systems
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE - Computer Information Science / Business Management