• Serve as the Information Systems Analyst in evaluating, implementing, and maintaining Information systems and processes.
• Devise complex data driven custom reports, dashboards, and solutions using Crystal Reports, Visual Basic Business Intelligence Studio, and Tableau in Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle to help executives and directors make decisions.
• Assemble complex interfaces and relational databases to send information to various vendors and configured data warehouses to transform and securely store the data.
• Utilize advanced SQL programming knowledge and troubleshooting to solve high priority organizational objectives and problems.
• Direct the installation, testing, modification, and project management of information systems as they relate to the hospital's organizational data.
• Research & develop recommendations to further automate and streamline data flow and storage.
• Assign and quarterly review security roles in an effort to keep organization information safe.
• Plan & coordinate appropriate quality assurance testing of new systems and enhancements prior to implementation and go live.
- Information Systems Analyst at University Healthcare System
- Information Technology Technical Support Professional at Albany State University
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Engineering (M.S.E.) - Engineering Management & Information Technology
- Graduate Certificate - Enterprise Resources Planning
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) - Computer Science
Geographic Information Systems analyst collecting, rectifying and editing for the Buckeye program utilizing geo-refenced LiDAR data to generate aerial mapping products for the Army Geospatial Center (AGC) and localized deployed US military in cooperation with friendly nations. Deployed OCONUS for the generation of mapping products used by the AGC community.
- Geographic Information Systems Analyst at Leidos, Inc
- Deputy Chief Future Operations at FUOPS
- Current Operations Officer at United States Army Reserves
- Geographic Information Systems Analyst at Leidos, Inc
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Geographic Information Systems Technology
- Bachelor's - Political Science / Geography
Monthly Base Salary $7,500.00 My qualifications for the position for the Senior Information Systems Analyst Supervisor (SISAS) was based upon my experiences and accomplishments acquired through my state career. SISAS in the Information Systems Division, had been the department's Information technology supervisor lead on the Driver License/Identification (DL/ID) Card Project and was responsible for coordinating enterprise project tasks for this effort. I was selected for the assignment based on my background in the business area and my ability to quickly analyze and identify impacts to the automated system based on legislative requirements; reconciling California's criteria and practices with expressed legislative mandates. The DL/ID Card project established new technology functionalities affecting business practices and operational policies. I was responsible for evaluating multi-divisional concerns having a technology impact or solution. This position required that I effectively communicated between various departmental areas, business areas, and contract vendors to ensure that even the most complex issues surrounding the integration of the project were effectively communicated, documented, and implemented. Senior Information Systems Analyst Supervisor January 31, 2008 through March 16, 2009 My responsibility served to act as a project leader performing a wide variety of analytical duties in support of the complex statewide California Health Alert Network (CAHAN). 4524 Andover Court Sacramento, CA 95864 [email protected] 916 541-7449 I reviewed, provided analysis and updates and kept current with disaster preparedness integration activities and efforts with federal entities; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and state entities: Governor's Office of Emergency Services (OES), Governor's Office of Homeland Security, the California Emergency Medical Services Authority (EMSA), and local health administrators. I provided reviews, analysis, handwritten status reports to the Information Technology and Telecommunications Section Chief regarding the federal, state and other entities on project process, continuing operations and system requirements or integrations and activities. I maintained a working knowledge of the current health alert network environments at the federal state and local levels. This included intimate, hands on operational knowledge of national alerting systems, the statewide Standardized Emergency Management Systems (SEMS) with its functional Response Information Management Systems (RIMS) within the Office of Emergency Services (OES), and the National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) within the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and health alert and incident management systems maintained at local, county, and city jurisdictions.
- Senior Information Systems Analyst Supervisor at State of California
- DATA PROCESSING MANAGER I at
- DATA PROCESSING MANAGER I at
- Accountability Act (HIPPA), as well as the lead at STAFF INFORMATION SYSTEMS SERVICES
3 years at this Job
Responsible for supporting 120 full-time staff and 100+ part-time staff.
Promoted to Analyst in 2006 where a primary responsibility became project management and supervision of technicians. Supervision included evaluations, training, performance supervision, and promoting their growth. In September 2015, due to a manager vacancy I took additional roles and responsibilities for management of budget for the Information Systems department as well as providing assistance for organizational direction of IT during the development of the IT strategic plan.
• Revamped the existing SharePoint internal website which included a complete overhaul of design and process improvements.
• Upgraded VMWare clustering with data connection to SAN. Completed upgrade of aging VMWare environment from 4.0 to 5.5.
• Implemented/upgraded DLT tape backup systems to Disaster Recovery (DR) solution using EMC products. The DR project included replacement of our SAN to redundant SAN’s including creation of a backup site.
• SQL conversion from Microsoft SQL cluster to High Availability.
• Converted our existing site-to-site T1 connections to AT&T fiber mesh.
• Migrated the help desk system to CRM.
• Migration of Microsoft Exchange which incorporated Unified Messaging.
• Implemented Granicus video recording system for Council meetings.
• Converted PBX system to Mitel VoIP telephony system.
• Patched desktops/servers, virus protection and networking equipment and additional systems administration tasks.
• Implemented web security using Cisco products.
• Various system/application upgrades including migration of the Town’s police systems from Novell to Windows environment. Skills Used Management: Budgeting, Client Relationships, Staff Development, Strategic Planning Systems: Desktop up to Windows 10, Servers up to Windows 2012, Various PC solutions Hardware/Networking: Dell servers, Cisco routing/switching, EMC backup solutions, EMC/Hitachi SAN, Juniper VPN, Barracuda Load Balancers, TCP/IP, DNS, DCHP, Cisco wireless Software: Microsoft Exchange, SQL server, SharePoint, Tyler Munis/Energov, Microsoft Office Suite, Ektron web content manager, Laserfiche content management
- Information Systems Analyst - Interim Manager at Town of Danville
18 years at this Job
- Associate - Information Systems
• Performs incident management of technology services and equipment. Monitors Information Technology systems/applications and responds to alarms and calls to address emergency situations. Provides agencies employees/end-users advanced level remote and on-site personal computing/troubleshooting support and services in hardware, software and peripherals. Documents diagnostic and remedial procedures, develops and implements methods, procedures and conducts problem related training sessions for end users and Customer Service Center (CSC) staff.
• Utilizes complex software distribution for Microsoft and Novell networks to perform application software installation scripts which include Microsoft Installer (MSI) scripts, Microsoft Remote Installation Services (RIS), Microsoft SMS, Microsoft PowerShell, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (Microsoft SCCM), Network Zenworks for Desktops and Zenworks SNAPshot. Performs testing, implementation, documentation and maintenance of software distribution scripts, procedures and programs.
• Performs configuration, testing, implementation, documentation and maintenance of Microsoft Operating Systems desktop/laptop; ensures configurations comply with Agency security considerations, performance requirements, established agency standards and agency Service Level Agreements. Performs smart device installations and software maintenance. Provides support for complex desktop functions including configuration, installation and support of network printing equipment, Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP, FTP and Antivirus applications.
• Maintains documentation on requests and incidents using appropriate reporting tools according to the established procedures and standards. Monitors and reviews requests to ensure they are properly categorized within the reporting system for accurate routing, reporting and analysis. Records all activities and customer communications within the work log to ensure a detailed history.
• Participates in the development of methods and procedures for employees training programs to improve skill levels.
- Information Systems Analyst at State of Illinois
- Information Systems Technician (Illinois Secretary of State) at State of Illinois
- Project Coordinator at Velocitel, Incorporated
- Worldwide Tech Services at Consulted on site at Cargill, Incorporated
4 years at this Job
- Masters of Science - Project Management
- Masters of Science - Telecommunications
- Bachelors of Science - (BS), Economics and Mathematics
- Associate of Science - (AS), Computer Science & Business Applications
Worked on a team that designed, supported, configured, and maintained the Laboratory Information System. Participated in rotational daytime and evening on-call pager. Remotely accessed end user's PCs in order to assess, diagnose, and resolve issues. Corrected or escalated problems in a timely and effective manner. Installed networked printers in a large mult-site enterprise environment. Remained a point of contact for printer issues post install. Worked with intra-hospital IT&S departments, network department, Lab application vendor, instrument vendors, and third party engineers to diagnose and troubleshoot laboratory malfunctions, network connectivity, instrument connectivity, workflow and interface issues. Lead analyst for Blood Bank test builds, modifications, networked printers, instrument configuration and interfaces. HL7 interface message troubleshooting, documentation, escalation and resolution between LIS/HIS/Instrumentation/ADT Participated in scheduled and unscheduled system server downtime validation; instrument test code scriptingandvalidation. Utilizing screenshots, spreadsheets and reports. Daily maintenance activities involving updating system databases, faxing, troubleshooting error logs, ward builds, and patient merges. Worked with a diverse range of clinical and technical staff, managers and physicians to diagnose, fix and resolvean assortment of LIS, non-LIS and workflow issues. Provide staff and end users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and programproblems. Participated in functionality testing, with documentation, due to various software upgrades and hotfixes.
- Laboratory Information Systems Analyst at Summa Health System
- Medical Laboratory Scientist, Blood Bank at Summa Health System
- Medical Laboratory Technician, Critical Care Lab Generalist at Summa Health System
1 year, 3 months at this Job
46th Civil Support Team (WMD)
• Responsible for unit digital information systems, communications, digital networks and dissemination of classified information
• Ensures uninterrupted communications and data exchange for all 46th Civil Support Weapons of Mass Destruction team members
• Acts as the communications frequency manager integrates new software and hardware into the information system
• Responsible and accountable for all unit communication and electronic equipment and the information assurance policies for their use
• Team member of the quarter
• Team member of the year
- Information Systems Analyst at
- J-3 MOB Individual Mobilization Non Commissioned Officer In Charge at JHFQ
- J-3 MOB Individual Mobilization Non Commissioned Officer In Charge at JFHQ
- NCOIC at 5th Expeditionary Signal Battalion Afghanistan
16 years at this Job
Infrastructure: Provide PC support to 500+ employees
Equipment: HP 8200, G1, G2, G3, Z600, laptop, Microsoft Surface Pro 3, printer (Sharp, Xerox, Samsung, HP), plotter, Iphone, digital camera, monitor, Elo smart board, projector, multi-media multi-layer entertainment system
•Provide direct end user training
•Communicate with customers in a timely and professional manner regarding changes to any scheduled service and status of work requests
•Assist customers in procurement efforts, update IT equipment via inventory database
•Provide localized WAN/LAN support, work with district administrators to provide communications, access, printing, and file sharing services
•Document information specific to issue resolution and escalate unresolved issues expeditiously to appropriate administrator
•Assist in the development of IT processes and procedures
•Participate on IT related projects and committees. Research, evaluate, and recommend new equipment and software, assist customers with purchase requests and justifications
•Apply complex concepts of hardware, software, telecommunications, and networking for various platforms
•Analyze operations/activities to determine appropriate recommendation for end user.
•Expert in technical report writing
•Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Office suite 365, Windows OS, Novell Client, Zenworks, McAfee EPO, NetIQ, Verdiem, Cisco AnyConnect
•Provide level II and III support, install, configure, and procure desktop and laptop computer systems
•Utilize remote control desktop support tools for troubleshooting and repair
•Install, configure, support other equipment e.g. cell phones, scanners, plotters, printers, and digital cameras
- Associate Information Systems Analyst at California Department of Transportation
- Network Technician at AT&T
- Customer Technical Support Engineer at Comcast
- Office Technician at Calfornia Department of Alcohol & Drug Programs
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- A.S. - Business
• Assist in the research and analysis of complex computer network security/protection technologies for company information and network systems/applications.
• Creates Change Requests and Work Orders as required for both installations and decommissions.
• Participate in support bridges/conference calls as required.
• Performs updates to Security Plans, Infrastructure and Application Surveys and SLAs.
• Creates project plans/timelines for tasks and Visio for diagrams.
• Works with Operating System Engineers, Network Engineers, Enterprise Data Management and Infrastructure Planners.
• Creates and revises documents and communication mechanisms (including SharePoint) across diverse teams and products using Brand Standards
• Actively participates in detailed discussions with application teams, project teams, operations staff, peers, and senior management to document solutions and exceed our business partner needs and expectations
• Evaluate impact and coordinate functions for any technology refresh activities
• Track team developer software needs, and request software renewals as needed
• Assist manager and team with other tasks as needed
- Information Systems Analyst 4 at Wells Fargo
- IT Consultant at BANK OF AMERICA
- System Analyst at BANK OF AMERICA
- Technology Manager at BANK OF AMERICA
7 months at this Job
• Worked on high-level information technology projects which included: on-line interactive website for FTB, Manager Child Support Systems Data Match (FIDM), System Transfer of Internal Revenue (FTOP) monies to the State of California, Franchise Tax Board,
• Prepared General System Designs (GSD)
• Document Control Manager. Oversee all aspects of document management for the California Child Support Automation System (CCSAS) Project.
• Developed and maintained physical and automated library
- Computer Information Systems Analyst at Franchise Tax Board (FTB)
- Executive Assistant at Franchise Tax Board (FTB)
- Personnel Specialist at Franchise Tax Board (FTB)
10 years, 1 month at this Job
- AA - Liberal Studies
- Certification - State