Hospital Information Systems Manager – Systems manager for the core EMR system and its related functions including operations, maintenance, business intelligence, and billing. November of 2018 we successfully completed the implementation of Netsmart’s MyAvatar EMR system to 4 State-owned facilities. In my first 6 months, we successfully transitioned the existing environment to the vendor’s cloud to increase performance and capacity as well as dependability. Implemented Kronos timekeeping across four Institutions with Advanced Scheduling features.
- Hospital Information Systems Manager at Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Project Manager/Consultant at Cook Systems International; Consultant - Tennessee Department of Health
- IS Director at CareSpot Express Healthcare
- IS Operations Project Management at Renal Advantage Inc
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Marine Biology, Chemistry
River Falls, Wisconsin Foley United LLC was purchased from Foley Companies in January of 2017. I was retained as their Information systems Manager with the same responsibilities as my role while employed with Foley Companies. Additional accomplishments include: - Assisted in implementing new ERP software NetSuite by Oracle - Microsoft Office 365 Exchange implementation - Nextiva VOIP implementation - Provided data reporting for new owners during company purchase - Assisted in implementing lean manufacturing processes through warehouse reorganization and inventory relocation.
- Information systems Manager at Foley United LLC
- Information Systems Manager at Foley Companies
- iSeries (AS400)System Administrator at www.lawson.com
2 years at this Job
- Associates degree - Computer Programming/Networking
The Manager of IT Systems will manage the activities and personnel of the MBTA Server Team to ensure our users receive the highest level of IT support and services. This position is responsible for the design and maintenance of Microsoft Windows and HP UX server environments and enterprise-wide storage devices including high availability, data replication, disaster recovery, fail over and redundancy wherever possible. Performs regular system and data analysis and proactive system maintenance and life cycle management. Duties & Responsibilities Manage a team of server professionals who are responsible for maintaining our existing systems while continuing to plan for future growth. Responsible for managing enterprise-wide server and storage backups for daily operations. Responsible for managing and supporting full email environment including Exchange email servers and message stores, Outlook Web Access, archiving software, spam filtering and journaling software. Responsible for managing the Active Directory environment. Monitor the MBTA's overall disk space, anticipate its growth needs and be prepared to expand the environment when necessary. Collaborate with other IT organizations within the MBTA to provide advice on their purchases and installations as well as keep lines of communication open so that neither group experiences any unwanted surprises. Review and approve end user department requisitions for personal computer hardware and software. Manage software licenses to ensure for compliance with software license agreements. Manage the design and building of system images for a variety of computer systems including desktop, laptops and tablets. Coordinate with the Applications Teams to supply necessary resources in terms of servers and manpower when developing new systems or upgrading existing one. Work with the team on patch management to ensure the least amount of down time for our end users. Work with the Information Security Group to ensure all necessary security requirements are met. Support all network printers in a print server environment. Act as backup team (Level 3) for the Help Desk and Desktop Teams. Chair regular and special meetings of departmental technical coordinators. Respond to each inquiry, whether from a customer, vendor or co-worker in a professional and courteous manner. Respond or report to work as directed by supervisory personnel for emergencies, extreme weather conditions, or any other abnormal conditions that impair service or the safety of service, twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week. Uphold the rights and interests of the Authority while building and maintaining an effective relationship with employees. Assist in the management of a workforce by ensuring the fair and consistent applications and strict adherence to the rules, regulations, collective bargaining agreements (if applicable) and the policies of the Authority including the EEO, Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment and Anti-Retaliation polices. Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Information Systems Manager at Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority
- Sr. Data Center Manager at OnProcess Technology
- System Analyst at DLA Piper US LLP
- I.T. Services Supervisor at DLA Piper US LLP
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Cyber Security
- B.S. - Information Technologies I.T. Management
• Manage operational aspects of the Laboratory Information System (SCC SoftLab, SoftTQC, Soft Systems Applications, Epic Interface, and Data Innovations Instrument Manager Middleware) including LIS/IT Department staff, laboratory staff, remote consultants, and specialists.
• Special projects manager to include new analyzer interface and implementation, laboratory relocation, LIS upgrade, laboratory automation, IT process improvement projects, QC software implementation, and rules design.
• Design methods of improving functionality and solutions for the laboratory using Computer Technology and process improvement methods for laboratory optimization and quality improvement projects.
• SCC SoftLab system design and build, Hospital Information Systems (HIS) and instrument interface maintenance and installation, rules writing, system table maintenance, billing, and software upgrades.
• Provide oversight, troubleshooting and resolution of computer and LIS related problems, responsible for daily monitoring of LIS functions and staff.
• Acts as a representative of the laboratory information system within the organization and with the vendor/s as needed. Identify, and utilize the resources needed to support new revision or future development of LIS and HIS. Ensures LIS - CAP and CLIA compliance. RightSource Contract Assignment (6 months)
• Write standard operating procedures and bring in new analyzers into laboratory, create training program and materials for new analyzers, train teams of CLSs' on new instruments, and perform validation, correlation studies, etc.
• Laboratory Information Systems design and devlopment, validation, and implementation for new laboratory analyzers and projects, create and update LIS documentation following CAP requirements, trouble shoot instrumentation using SCC Soft, Roche Data Innovation Middleware, and EPIC.
• Assist laboratory team members with computer software, hardware, and LIS issues.
• Collaborate with HIS team members, vendors, and various external organizations on various special projects in the lab
- Laboratory Information Systems Manager at Children's Hospital of Oakland
- Medical Laboratory Scientist at El Paso County Public Health Department
- Medical Technologist II at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Virology Lab
- Medical Technician at Madigan Army Medical Center
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Masters of Healthcare Administration - Project Management
- Bachelor's of Science in Biology - Biology
Manage all financial aspects of the business, managing 2 General Accountants, 1 Cost Accountant, and 1 Financial Analyst. Responsible for Income, Cash Flows, and Balance Sheets statements; including all transactions involved and their balances. Assist in managing material planning to ensure product availability to meet demand and to protect cash flows, income, and liability. Redesigned our global logistics to meet our purchasing and manufacturing needs, to meet our customer demand in the most cost effective way by establishing several partnerships and redesigning our go to market strategies. Manage the information systems of the business, including redesigning our complete business processes from Quote-to-Cash. Including being the Project Manager of the implementation of our ERP / Accounting systems (JobBoss/QuickBooks), with supporting systems (KnowledgeSync, Quality by UniPoint, DataCollection, and Microsoft Dynamics). Major contributor in our all our Lean Initiatives across the business, providing logic and financial considerations to all changes/improvements.
- Finance & Information Systems Manager at Safe Reflections Inc.
- Senior Financial Analyst at Tennant Company
- Accounting Manager/Controller at Superior Plating, Inc
- Senior Accountant at Fox Interactive Media, Inc
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- MBA - Organizational Leadership
- BA - Accounting
• Review project plans to plan and coordinate project activity.
• Manage backup, security and user help systems.
• Develop and interpret organizational goals, policies, and procedures.
• Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
• Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
• Stay abreast of advances in technology.
• Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
• Provide users with technical support for computer problems.
• Recruit, hire, train and supervise staff, or participate in staffing decisions.
• Evaluate data processing proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements.
• Control operational budget and expenditures.
• Review and approve all systems charts and programs prior to their implementation.
• Direct daily operations of department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines.
• Assign and review the work of systems analysts, programmers, and other computer-related workers.
• Evaluate the organization's technology use and needs and recommend improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades.
• Prepare and review operational reports or project progress reports.
• Purchase necessary equipment.
- Computer & Information Systems Manager at U.S. ARMY
- at U.S. ARMY
23 years, 4 months at this Job
- Certificate of Completion - Microsoft System Administrator Computer Information Science
- Master of Science - Information Technology Computer Information Systems
- Associate in Applied Science - Information Processing Network Engineer Computer Information Science
- - Computer Studies Computer Information Science
- - General Studies General Education
Client System Technician
Commander-appointed lead technician for hardware and software installation, upgrades, and maintenance for 240 workstations, laptops and printers.
• Developed contingency plan for system security, minimized network issues, and safeguarded data.
• Provided security, administration, documentation, training and technical support to 140 users.
• Led effort to implement OS and software upgrades on workstations minimizing downtime.
• Conducts NetIQ Directory & Resource Administrator (DRA) maintenance; establishes, manages, and administers computers, printers, user accounts, organizational e-mail accounts and security groups.
• Maintained effective relationships in and outside the organization to ensure efficient operation of the LAN workstations and associated operating systems and software.
• Analyzed procedures affecting local automated and non-automated operations, and recommended modifications to meet local needs. Provided guidance and recommendations on special projects.
• Performed backups as necessary to prevent loss of data and recovered data from failed hardware.
• Served as focal point for issues pertaining to LAN, hardware, software and peripherals; utilized Remedy software to create, document and aggressively track tickets to completion. HRIS Manager Selected to lead the effort to ensure system integrity and information distribution for the Air Force personnel support function. In this role, I automated processes, ensured data integrity through integration of technology, and distributed data in various forms to offices servicing 5.6k USAF personnel.
• Administered 120 Oracle Military Personnel Data System accounts ensuring proper accessibility.
• Created hundreds of complex data analysis products with Oracle Discoverer software.
• Managed Enterprise Output Manager software for distribution of 265 types of personnel reports; created intricate, nested profile structure to allow granular control for destination of each report.
• Ensured accurate delivery of 8k+ monthly reports on individual personnel to 55 support offices.
• Maintained 120+ elevated Personnel Records Display Application roles for 40 agencies.
• Designed database to track 7.2k AF Active, Guard and Reserve personnel for base-wide exercises; recognized as a superior performer for "best practice" by installation Commander during inspection.
• Recommended software applications and applied data automation knowledge to optimize processes
• Served as Base Level Service Delivery Model personnel database administrator for 380 users.
• Conducted training on all personnel data systems to users throughout Pacific region, to include database modification, accessing, security and back techniques.
• Analyzed data in Dynacomm software for pay issues; monitored and advised on corrective actions. Information Assurance Officer Served as focal point for data protection and recovery, and interpreted and enforced compliance with DoD and USAF policies.
• Maintained 140 network user security groups, ensuring proper file access for users.
• Planned initial setup, security and access to 40 organizational e-mail accounts vital to daily ops.
• Built and administered Microsoft SharePoint sites to assist in product collaboration and workflow.
• Utilized IAO Express to manage security groups, user accounts and organizational e-mail accounts.
• Trained users on operation of IAO Self-Help and vESD software to expedite fix actions.
- Information Systems Manager at Civilian, Department of the Air Force
- Site Manager, IT and HRIS Manager at Dellew Corporation
- IT and HRIS Manager, and Assistant Site Manager at Dellew Corporation
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Student - Computer Science
-Overseas operation security posture, reviews and manages network and system security, physical proteciton, incident investigation and handling, implements and maintains security training. Advises Authorizing Official (AO) and Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) on the security of local IT systems and program of records (onsite systems that are not locally owned). Maintains and supports security posture for Navy Enterprise Network for over 85 users. -Conducts information assurance operations and enforces network policy decisions; performs risk assessments, trains users and promotes security awareness. Implements and manages Security Technical Implementation Guids (STIG). -Planned logistical move for 85 personnel and associated network devices between two sites. Oversaw a team of 4 personnel to conduct move, focusing on system reliability and availbility, ensuring minimal downtime for affected users. -Manages 80+ network users by creating, modifying, deleting and maintaining accounts, desktop and laptop PCs, printers, peripherals, and domain shares. Migrates new accession user accounts from other locales within the enterprise.
- Information Systems Manager at U.S. Navy / Naval Air Station
- Computer Network Defense (Security) Manager at U.S. Navy / National Security Agency
- Communications Department Supervisor at U.S. Navy / Mine Counter Measure Platform
- Communications Department Supervisor / Program Manager at U.S. Navy / U.S. Pacific Fleet Submarine Force
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Computer Science in Information Technology Management
Responsible for providing managerial and supervisory leadership in the accomplishment of the agency's technical goals and provide direction, coordination, and guidance to subordinate staff. Directs the planning, developing, and management of all Technical development, infrastructure and/or hardware/software migrations and implementations. Lead agency project in the planning and developing of effective security programs agency wide. Accomplishments:
• Leveraging years of system migration experience to plan and execute the implementation of new access control systems to replace an existing security system that has reached its end of life. Developed a plan to migrate multiple site access control systems into an enterprise wide system with control from a primary site or remotely using additional tools, which in turn minimizes the amount of resources needed to manage security throughout the agency.
• Led team and organization to migrate an antiquated Jail Management System (JMS) to an Enterprise-Wide solution (Odyssey by Tyler Technologies) with the DeKalb county court system. The system was developed to allow seamless access to mission critical applications and information for a county wide criminal justice solution. The solution allowed our agency to realize 90% less paper by making all record keeping electronic while streamlining the process for intake through release.
• As member of the county wide DeKalb IT Technical Committee and Change Board, I am responsible for leading and guiding the technical needs for DeKalb Sheriff's Office to include quality control, strategic planning to align with the goals of the county Sheriff.
- Information Systems Manager at DeKalb County Sheriff's Office
- Sr. Technical Business Analyst / Owner at MIKRON Technologies, Inc
- Implementation Engineer at Hill-Rom
- Sr. Technical Business Analyst / Owner at MIKRON Technologies, Inc
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- MBA - Technology Management
- Bachelor of Science - Electronica and Computer Technology
Responsible for the strategy, overall planning, organizing and execution of all corporate information technology functions. Direct, manage, and/or perform the deployment, monitoring, testing, maintenance, development, upgrades of all systems to include: security applications and devices, switching and routing of LAN/WAN; corporate servers and PCs with their respective backups; operating systems, databases and enterprise software applications; and IT related peripherals. Direct, manage, lead and provide stakeholder communication on IT projects Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, equipment standards and service provision. Negotiate and administer IT Vendors, outsourced services, service agreements for the IT Department. Oversee day to day activities and manage staff to include hiring, training, evaluation, guidance, and discipline. Notable projects: Planned/implemented and released ITIL Service Desk and automation tools for desktops, migrated telephony from digital to VoIP Mitel 3300 system and upgraded wireless/wired networks at all 6 plants, moved corporate server infrastructure from Hyper V to VMWare Enterprise for high availability, Migration to Office 365, Department of Homeland Security Compliance, and ERP System Re Implementation.
- Information Systems Manager at Cortec Corporation
- Systems Administrator/Technical Analyst at Teksystems/Baxter/Baxalta
- Systems Support Specialist at Rochester Medical Corporation
- Field Services Support Technician at St. Paul Public Schools
3 years at this Job
- Associate - Network Security