Altamonte Springs, FL 2017 - PRESENT
Information Technology Director, Park Ridge Health, Hendersonville, NC
Effectively lead IT department for a 103-bed facility located in Hendersonville, NC. In this position I
have six direct reports plus three indirect reports. I am responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient coordination of information services activities at the local facility and surrounding medical
practices. With the support of team members, we effectively implemented all strategic initiatives across the hospital, MOB and approximately 36 medical practices.
• Evaluate, identify and resolve business problems related to information technology issues.
• Establish strong departmental business relationships interfacing and communicating with facility administration, medical staff, and directors to provide support for business initiatives and to insure customer satisfaction levels.
• Currently managing 25+ projects where I establish the scope of work, monitor project work plans, implementing effective workflows and processes and assist in the evaluation of applications and equipment.
• Responsible for developing and monitoring departmental budgets, capital planning and insuring MIS department provides cost-effective, quality service to internal and external customers.
• Worked closely with leadership to revise the CER process and ensure all hospital purchases have been fully vetted by IT.
• Established a new equipment ordering system for the hospital to streamline purchasing of IT equipment.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a positive and enthusiastic "can do" attitude.
• Ability to interact with senior leadership throughout AHS.
• Ability to keep facility staff informed of new developments and trends in IT.
• Make sound recommendations to higher-level management on desirable additions or replacements of IT equipment and hardware.
- Information Technology Director, Park Ridge Health, Hendersonville at AdventHealth Information Technology / AdventHealth
- Regional Systems Administrator - Southeast Region at AdventHealth Information Technology / AdventHealth
- Application Analyst at Pardee Hospital
- Systems Administrator at Pardee Hospital
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- A.A.S. - General Education
- BS - Business Administration
08/2000 - Present
Information Technology Director
• Managed technology for company's locations in New Jersey: Network communications, desktops, Windows servers, technical support, engineering/Autodesk software, VOIP and Virtual Environment with VMWare and DELL SAN.
• Implemented Virtual IT Infrastructure using VMware technology (ESX) and DELL SAN storage.
• Provided technology and process solutions to optimize operational performance across all company divisions, through mobile technology to control field service and new products development aligned to company goals and projections using MS Access, visual studio, crystal reports, Excel, and SQL Server.
• Upgraded and maintained ERP system to .NET and SSRS; redefined users access and profiles based on their role within the company. Defined guidelines to measure KPIs and performance, efficiency improvements and weekly activities monitoring.
• Upgraded and maintained the technology infrastructure by creating a data center and communication systems that included virtualization with VMWare, DELL SAN's, VOIP, and DATTO Business continuity solution, resulting in maintenance cost reduction by 35%.
• Standardized the company's processes and practices related to engineering design, development, and product life cycle by implementing an Autodesk VAULT, Document Management and collaboration system to reduce product cost and manufacturing cycle time.
• Created an effective plan to maintain hardware and software updates, upgrades for all the company's equipment, systems, and customized applications.
• Managed complex and high impact projects through all phases from discovery through deployment, coordinated with all team leaders to understand and evaluate their business needs and adapted them to the project's designs.
- Information Technology Director at MAC PRODUCTS INC
- Database Administrator at VOLT SERVICES GROUP, INC
- Project Administrator, IT Systems Supervisor at ROYAL DUTCH SHELL (Ecuador)
- Systems Analyst Coordinator at AT&T OUTSIDE PLANT (Ecuador)
18 years, 7 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Engineer
- Executive Certificate - Project Management
2008 - 2018
A building and construction component manufacturing business
Information Technology Director Reporting to the President, manage IT operations to provide solutions and services globally for 1000 business users with an outsourced, corporate and internal team of 50. Developed IT strategy, project technology roadmaps, implemented sound IT policies and processes, while establishing relationships and credibility with business leadership.
• Lead multiple systems merger integrations resulting in zero down time and impact to customers while finishing ahead of schedule and exceeding scope goals, focusing on ERP tools (SAP) and CRM tools (Salesforce and MS Dynamics)
• Reduced operating costs by over $75K through expanding existing resources to offer solutions to European Sales Team and other Divisional project tracking tools.
• Increased sales revenue over 7% through implementing new sales leads and follow up tools using existing solutions and optimizing resources.
• Served as Interim Supply Chain Director, opening and managing multiple warehouses and optimizing inventory standards and turns and reducing inventory value by over 25%.
- Information Technology Director at Dow Building Solutions & Dow Roofing Systems
- Information Technology Director at JPS Elastomerics
10 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
North Charleston, SC
Work with senior leadership to establish IT strategy to lead team operational expenses for yearly IT operations, capital budgeting, and predictions for expansion, application improvements, and revisions.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR (2010 - Present)
Oversee strategic planning, execution, and sustainment of all cloud strategies and application delivery methods and infrastructure including internal high performance data storage, backup, security, DR/BC, server virtualization for 4,000+ production and development servers aiding healthcare applications for internal, offshore, hospitals, and doctors' offices in U.S. and Canada. Create and deploy servers and data center networking Infrastructure featuring design and training on IAAS and SAAS Azure based cloud methods. Interview, hired, teach, mentor, and supervise 13 direct and 15 overall engineering staff on SAFe Agile framework to quickly produce business value. Lead team on Unix/Linux and application delivery focused on server virtualization and web-based applications. Administer planning, revisions, and maintenance of electrical, HVAC, security, fire suppression systems, and equipment layout.
• Manage program to launch application, server, infrastructure, and cloud environments including business unit email, Active Directory functions, and virtual desktop (VDI) of more than 4,000 desktops.
• Direct daily operations, support, and upkeep of 2,500+ Unix, Linux, and AIX physical and virtual servers.
• Reduced purchased computer hardware costs by 30% through off lease equipment.
• Decreased hardware and data center expansion expense with Cloud first tactic where possible and useful.
• Lowered purchased software costs by 20% by working directly with s/w vendors and utilizing one VAR.
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR at Change Healthcare
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR at Roper St. Francis Healthcare
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR at WCSC Television/Lincoln Financial Group
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - MANAGEMENT
West Palm Beach, Florida/Ft. Myers, Florida/Pensacola, Florida
Information Technology Director - Information Technology Department (February 2007 - Present)
• Management of technology infrastructure and security
• Develop Technology Plan
• Attend senior management meetings
• Set IT priorities in collaboration with the senior management team to meet agency goals and objectives
• Guide and mentor IT staff to ensure quality and continual improvement of user support
• Phone system management and support
• HIPAA computer and user policies
• IT policies and procedures
• Help management leverage existing technology to accomplish business goals
• Evaluate existing and emerging technologies to determine benefits for our agency
• Work with CFO to develop IT budget Accomplishments
• The first Agency on Aging in Florida to successfully implement server virtualization. In 2009, we were able to save money by replacing eleven old physical servers with three physical servers that formed a shared cluster. By clustering the servers we were able to increase the availability and reliability of the computing platform.
• The first Agency on Aging to successfully implement a state-of-the art document management system. This created a more efficient method of managing and searching for documents. The system has many feature including the flagging of documents required for annual audits.
• The first Agency on Aging to implement an enterprise caliber private cloud. This computing platform is located in a datacenter rated for hurricane five winds and provides both data and voice services. The goal is to reduce operating costs for the eleven Agencies on Aging in Florida by sharing resources while enhancing disaster/recovery and business continuity plans.
• First agency to implement and standardize on thin client technology eliminating the need for PC maintenance and virus attacks at the workstation.
• Created separate networks for voice, data, and, Wi-Fi, across the WAN for security and simplicity.
• Implemented MPLS technology to connect each agency back to the data center. This managed site-to-site connection provides a secure connection and allows for the prioritization of voice.
• Implemented a web-based state-of-the-art system for user support. This system allows us to prioritize user requests and help IT develop a knowledge base. The knowledge base is critical in the event of staff turnover.
• Developed SLAs for user services
• Designed web-based operational database for Federal Government Evidence Based Programs.
• Designed and developed an operational database to capture data on senior victims of crime.
• Reduced costs by eliminating all ink based personal printers and installing standard high speed laser printers placed strategically throughout the agency.
- Information Technology Director - Information Technology Department at Area Agency on Aging
- Applications Manager - Information Services Department at Health Care District of Palm Beach County
- Application Systems Specialist - Research at School District of Palm Beach County
12 years, 1 month at this Job
- B.S. in Computer Science - Computer Science
- M.S. in Information Technology - Management
Responsible for the administration and strategic direction of the company's information technology as well as the development of the company's Intranet and support of the company's automated radio station. Other projects include:
• Creation of a Harley-Davidson dealership under a tent in the parking lot of the Ocean City, MD Convention Center for a major motorcycle event. Capable of selling and financing motorcycle, service and retail sales using the Harley-Davidson dealer management system. This is the only dealership with this capability.
• Use of tablet technology for the retail portion of the business using the dealership management system provided by Harley-Davidson Dealer Systems (HDDS) despite claims by HDDS that that it is not possible to use tablets with their software
• Designed and developed a Intranet based Motorcycle Delivery Manager driven by Microsoft SQL Server. System features are secured allowing specific personnel access to specific functions of the software. This security is tied to the Microsoft Active Directory security used throughout all the dealerships.
• Interconnecting multiple dealerships creating an Interstate WAN using MPLS, point to point and virtual private networking technologies.
- Information Technology Director at Rommel Capital Management / Rommel Harley-Davidson
- Software Development Manager at ORCHID BIOSCIENCES, INC
- R&D Section Manager / Software Quality Engineer at HEWLETT-PACKARD COMPANY / CHEMICAL ANALYSIS GROUP
- Continuing Education Instructor (Part time) at HOWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE
15 years at this Job
• Director for all technology equipment. Servers, Cloud services, NAS server.
• Manage voice over IP phone system Nextiva. Setup and provision new phones, setup users account and assign numbers, and setup conference bridging.
• Setup storage accounts on our Egnyte cloud service. Set permissions, and groups access.
• Manage new Windows AD accounts for new staff for local and remote offices.
• Assign Microsoft Office 365 accounts. Setup email accounts and permissions and inbox size.
• Adobe Creative Cloud rollout and manage licensing for staff.
• Setup accounts for staff for Sharefile and Box to transfer large files.
• Maintain various video conference systems. WebEx, Zoom, and Go to meeting.
• Manage Konica Minolta copiers, and Epson plotters for two office locations.
• Work with various telephone carriers. Verizon Fios, Spectrum.
• Manage Cisco Meraki wireless access point, local and remote locations.
• Oversee staff on providing support to management and end users with hardware, software problems.
• Rollout of new hardware HP workstations and laptops. Apple Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air. Cell phone Iphones, and Wacom tablets.
• Manage and deploy Ring security cameras for local and remote offices.
• Work with vendors on technology equipment purchases. CDW, SHI, HP, B & H Electronics, Adorama, Epson, Canon, Verizon wireless, Verizon Fios, Nextiva, Adobe, Microsoft, and Egnyte.
• Plan out office relocation, work with cabling vendors, local telco carriers and building management. Page | 2 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2160 Center Ave - Apt. 1S Fort Lee, NJ 07024 * Cell: (917) 854.2665 * Email: [email protected]
- Information Technology Director at EARTHBOUND
- Senior Project Manager / System Engineer at New York University Langone Medical Center
- Senior Project Manager / Systems Administrator at Walt Disney Company Radio Disney & ESPN Radio
- Senior Project Manager / Network Administrator at Merrill Lynch Co. Headquarters New York City NY
6 months at this Job
- - Data Communication
- - Communications Engineering / Business Administration
• Oversee all IT functions including financial, monitoring, security, disaster recovery, vendor relationships, inter- and intracompany connectivity/networking, telephony and technical support.
• Migration to Office 365/Office 2016/19 for 10 offices (in 6 countries) including hybrid email integration and storage utilization. In planning and organizational stages for increased utilization of server resources in the Azure cloud services.
• Responsible for the development and management of all IT budgeting and staffing for 4 US locations.
• Established standards in IT purchasing to eliminate mixed environments reduce unexpected incompatibilities, and reduced man-load hours in maintenance needs.
• Responsible for the development, installation and management of VoIP phone system that interconnected all US sites and allowed for significant reduction in mobile and internal costs.
• Produced improvements between corporate locations in connectivity and WAN acceleration which resulted in the reduction in local storage and energy requirements.
• Part of the team responsible for the development of the new home office location from the physical layout and build out as well as to all aspects of technology for the new location.
• Played key role in the development of Chinese, Columbian, Brazilian and London practices. Responsible for PM for all aspects of technology planning and development for these sites.
• Lead role in the development and management of multiple internal and external client networks and systems.
• Provided coaching and mentoring to various IT staff to aid in their staff and personal development. Helped staff achieve their set goals and grow within the organization.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written. Understands the importance of being able to communicate complex technological concepts to clients at all levels.
• Streamlined existing procedures to reduce the amount of personnel and time required to perform tasks and operations. Continuingly searching for ways to reduce expense while maximizing revenue.
• Responsible for defining strategic direction and implementing solutions that improve efficiencies and reduce complexity.
• Developed and served as the ‘Chairman of Global Technologies’ that oversaw all global IT initiatives. Provided direction to the global teams while providing their initiatives pertaining to Technology Architecture, WAN Interconnectivity, Web Development and Integration of Global into Local Systems. Currently initiating and taking lead role in the design and implementation of a global R&D initiative.
• Virtualization (VMware and Hyper-V) was used to reduce existing physical servers by roughly 45% which resulted in reduction in both the reduction in electric costs and the need for replacement of outdated physical equipment.
• Worked in Conjunction with the CFO to develop the BC/DR plan for the US practice. Responsible for the development, implementation and testing of the IT DR portion of the plan.
• Developed and provided training for staff and external clients from various software packages to online/email security topics.
• Migration from Exchange 2003 to hybrid 2016+ deployments for multiple local and global locations. Creation of HA DAG replication at multiple locations to create failover systems to reduce chance of failure and downtime.
• Provided unique solutions for mobile users, that travel to challenging locations, to connect to network resources and share/collaborate information with internal teams as well as clients.
• Provided strategic analysis to executive management in how existing and future IT systems could best benefit the business units as well as how IT could meet and exceed expectations in a structured and financially acceptable approach.
- Information Technology Director at Knight Piesold & Co
- Manager of Information Systems at Society for Mining Metallurgy and Exploration, Inc
- Teaching Assistant for Windows 2000 MCSE Classes at Society for Mining Metallurgy and Exploration, Inc
- Manager of Computer Laboratory Technologies at Rider University
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters Degree in Counseling Psychology - Counseling Psychology
- B.A. - Psychology
Serve as Chief Information Officer for the county government. Responsible for providing expert leadership and management of the day-to-day operations of the Information Technology Division in design, implementation and support of complex computer applications to meet department requirements. Make major decisions affecting the organizational structure and design of IT operations, which includes; services that are provided, establishing IT policies and procedures, short and long term IT strategies, operations, and financial plans and objectives. · Develop and execute the strategic plans for information technology initiatives that align with the short- and long-term objectives of the County. Work closely with the senior executives, elected officials and department heads to understand their needs from an application and technology perspective. · Lead the IT organization in identification of data and business systems in support of continued growth initiatives and for improved efficiencies and business decisions. Partner cross-functionally to drive innovative technology solutions ensuring the customer experience is positive and seamless from a technology perspective. · Establish and execute strategic frame work and data security, systems and data reliability, data quality, disaster recovery planning and procedures. Establish systems operating procedures and audits to enforce compliance of IT policy and a well-controlled reliable system environment. · Coach and develop team to maximize performance and ensure job satisfaction, retention and future advancement. Evaluate and recommend appropriate organizational structure to support changing business needs. · Provide oversight and direction to the IT department vision and staff activities, issue policy guidance, determine program goals, resource needs, and allocation of resources. · Responsible for staff selections, grievances, performance evaluations, disciplinary matters and conflict resolution. Development and execution of the strategic plans for information technology initiatives that align with the short- and long-term objectives of the County. · Member of the executive team, participate in policy meetings and conferences; Owner of the IT policies and procedures and educate business units on IT concepts, principles, methods, and best practices.
- Information Technology Director at Kalamazoo County Government
- Division Manager - Information Technology Operations (2016–2017) Manager – Unified Communications (2015–2016) at 1st SOURCE BANK
- Manager - Information Technology Support at 1st SOURCE BANK
- Help Desk Manager (2007-2010) /Lead Application Support Analyst (2005–2006) /Application Support Analyst (2004–2005) at Species 360
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Forensics Science
Streamline Health Responsibility Summary: Responsible for strategic development and leading Company's Technology and Security visions. Adapting and applying new methodologies within the Operations. Overseeing Company's EIT Infrastructure, utilizing modern Technology for building SaaS strategies. Leading a team of System, Network, Security and Storage engineers to ensure team goals and objectives are in-line with the business roadmap at all times. Developing and managing all information technology and security personnel, partners and vendors to safeguard the company's assets, intellectual property and computer systems. Orchestrating Internal security audits to reduce surface of attacks and prevent data loss. Closely collaborating with C-Suite officers and department heads to shape interdepartmental and company-wide Technology, Compliance, and Security policies. Responsible for managing EIT operational budget of 2.4 million annually. Reduced EIT spending by 30%, translated into $600,000 in savings during 2015-2016. Managed further reduction of EIT spending by $450,000 while delivering aggressive ROI within 18 months during 2017-2018. Orchestrating SAAS based customer support quality improvement, reduced manual support efforts, implemented automated quality assurance regression testing. Improved automation and reduced systems maintenance windows in data center(s). Leading enterprise storage migration to new adaptive flash technologies (Nimble-HPE) and improving IO performance by 50%. Stabilized systems up-time and drastically improved the mean time between failures. Directly managed the design of hybrid infrastructure enhancements and diversifying the computer resources via Public Cloud and Collocation services. Overseeing two Data Center Resources and security platform(s) deployment projects (product selection, proof of concept, pilot, production, maintenance and improvement). Building Zero Trust security management programs and processes. Enhancing user Cybersecurity awareness by building critical pillars of security posture (Threat, Vulnerability, Privileged access management platforms). Closely working with Engineering and DevOps teams on enhancing the solutions technical architecture, automation and shrinking time to market windows for new products. Working with DevOps on enhancing application security early in SDLC cycle. Spearheading integration and deployment of Disaster Recovery as a service with Peak10/AWS/MS-Azure cloud utilizing CloudBerry, Unitrends solutions, Objet storage and Alta Vault (NetApp) Technology. Implemented DNS based end point traffic protection via Cisco Umbrella/Open-DNS technology, and modernized security posture to prevent against cyber-attacks, data breaches, and enhance incident response processes. Modeled SecOps operations framework including implementation and design of needed technical controls (logging, monitoring and incident response). Migrated legacy VMware compute stack toward Cisco Unified Compute integrated with Nimble Adaptive storage arrays/clusters, which allowed to aggressively compete with cloud offerings, reducing the cost and increasing technical efficiency. Applied VROPS and VCM automations, improved capacity planning, Increased ability to deploy solutions rapidly, analyze issues proactively, and drastically improved SLAs.
- Enterprise Information Technology Director at Security and Storage
- Systems Infrastructure Manager/Coordinator at Northside Hospital
- Information Technology Director at Bako Pathology Services
- Consultant at Instructional Design
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Information Technology - IS Management
- Masters - Level IS network security
- Associate of Science in Information Technology - Network Administration/Database Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Business